[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 5 seconds to post how you would fix season 2.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: daredevil.jpg (45 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
45 KB, 620x620
You have 5 seconds to post how you would fix season 2.
>>
>>83468151
less Hand, more diversity.
a tiny bit more Jessica
don't make elektra that much of a bitch at the end, if possible.
finally, more fisk x castle pls.
>>
>>83468151
I wouldn't
>>
>>83468177
The opposite of all of this.
>>
>>83468151
Remove Elektra.
>>
Cut the episode length from 13 to 10, like what Bloodline's 2nd season did.

Explain what the fuck the Black Sky actually is. Just sit down and tell us what that means and why we should care.

Give us an actual lead villain for the Hand. Nobu doesn't count, he's barely a character.

Give the Karen Page reporter storyline to writers who don't think print journalism hasn't changed since the 1940's.
>>
>>83468151
Less Hand, or at least make it less vague.
All-around more Frank, have him be the Punisher with the skull and everything for more than 30 seconds at the end, have him actually participate in the final battle.
>>
>>83468151
more frank, less elektra and less hand
>>
>>83468151
less elektra.
>>
It's a pretty fucking rock solid season

Only thing that i didnt like was when elektra was stabbed, her top didnt stretch with the blade.

They did do it with someone who got killed in a car though
>>
more frank more stick
>>
>>83469070
>more stick

>>>/reddit/
>>
Pick a story to focus on. Either Frank or Elektra, not both.
>>
>>83469070

>more stick

But Stick's arc in S2 was garbage. He was an entirely different character in each episode, just whatever the scene needed him to be regardless of previous characterisation.

Scott Glenn is a minor god, but even he couldn't save the character this season.
>>
Nobu was a good obstacle on the way to the main antagonist kind of villain in S1, but he's a shit final boss material. It doesn't help that the show didn't bother to flesh him out, so the threat that was coming from him fell flat for me.
>>
>>83468177
>a tiny bit more Jessica
If by that you mean Nuke, complete with tattoo, as a recurring villain, alright.
>>
>>83469453
>nobu in season 1
>kicks daredevils ass and can easily kill him at anytime

>nobu in season 2
>first fight, he kicks daredevils ass and can kill him at any time
>second fight, daredevil kicks the absolute SHIT out of him
>third fight, daredevil kicks the absolute SHIT out of him
>fourth fight, daredevil and elektra both get their asses kicked, daredevil takes the biggest punch in MCU history
>fifth fight, daredevil kicks the shit out of him

i love daredevil but consistency of feats and abilities, and power levels really was not a strong point
>>
>>83468151
Frank miniguns hand ninjas at the end.
>>
>>83468151
No hand. No ninjas. No Electra. No stick. Just Punisher stuff.
>>
>>83469540

>just Punisher

That's literally a filler season of television. I( know Frank gets everyone rock-hard on /co/ but there's nothing there to support 13 episodes and actually have an arc for Matt and everyone else.

The first season was setting up the Black Sky storyline, pushing it off to satisfy Punisher fanboys would be just as bad.
>>
>>83469540
At that point it would've been Punisher, Guest Starring Matt Murdock.
And we're getting exactly that right after Defenders and JJ season 2.
>>
>>83469583
>The first season was setting up the Black Sky storyline

And the second season did nothing but add more unanswered questions.

It's also a strange dynamic now that Frank and Daredevil are on friendly terms. I have no idea what's gonna happen in season 3, but since Frank is getting his own show, he might not be in daredevil anymore. which is going to be awfully hard to explain along with the fact that spiderman, jessica jones, and luke cage is now active in new york.

and i believe moon knight might get a show too.

i hope daredevil's ship hasn't set sail yet. but its getting difficult to focus just on matt and have to rely on the audience to pretend that no other hero or anti-hero exists.
>>
>>83468151
Get rid of electra she LITERALLY made the show bad.
>>
>>83469624
>good actress
>good choreography
>decent storyline before MUH NINJAS got shoved down our throats

yeah no. she was fine and necessary since the punisher alone couldn't last 13 episodes.
>>
>>83468151
If you don't with season 2, just wait until fucking Arrow tries to do the same thing.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Arrow-Getting-Vigilante-Season-5-142367.html
>>
Frank was literally the mistake this season. Made DD's arc boring and annoying.
>>
The show enabled Frank's lethad method too much. Show some repercussions. Show Matt's side have some merit and not make DD, a vigilante who tortures criminals, not a fucking bitch.
>>
>>83469616
i'm excited for spiderman to be back in the MCU but he's going to fuck up the Netflix series so much, he's a guy with all of their powers combined patrolling the same area
>>
File: p3IOkJm.jpg (737 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
p3IOkJm.jpg
737 KB, 1836x3264
>>83468151
There's is literally one thing season 2 needs to be perfect.

PUNISHER

MINIGUN

FUCK YOU MARVEL AND NETFLIX YOU LYING HACKS
>>
Make Electra more interesting
Keep the entire magic business more ambigous
replace Nobu with Bullseye
>>
>>83468151
More castle. He was written so well that it pisses me off that he never had a bigger role out side the first five ep's
>>
>More dynamic fight scenes as opposed to the boring static shots that dominated season 2.
>Drop Nobu entirely, use someone else as leader of the Hand.
>Don't blow load on Black Sky this season, save that for later and have the second half of season 2 end with DD, Elektra and Stick winning a small victory against the Hand.
>End the season with Matt estranged from both Foggy and Karen but getting closer to Stick and Elektra.
>Less emotional Punisher, more of a calm force of nature Punisher similar to the MAX version.
>Punisher has a larger kill count.
>Drop the whole general is secretly blacksmith plot
>>
File: punisher.jpg (159 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
159 KB, 900x1366
>>83468151
First option: Remove Frank. Make it more about the Hand and Elektra. I really liked Frank but he took too much space in the season so they ended up rushing things. Not as bad as people say but come on they way the season started was shit:for three episode daredevil and Frank fight each other with the same level of strenght but Frank ends up winning by playing dirty. The first season of The Punisher could have started with the fisk episode.
Second option
Remove The Hand and Elektra and focus on Frank Becoming more MAX and dont make Daredevil a pussy boyscout by comparaison. Seriously that shit came out of nowhere.
>>
File: smug cap.png (208 KB, 426x360) Image search: [Google]
smug cap.png
208 KB, 426x360
>>83468151
I wouldn't change a thing.
Fight me.
>>
Get rid of all the women and add more ninjas. Reduce Frank to the first four episodes.
>>
File: 1464802491316.gif (2 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
1464802491316.gif
2 MB, 300x226
>>83468151
>Punisher storyline
>Elektra storyline

Pick one and only one.

There, fixed season 2.
>>
>>83469998
>implying Frank didn't get a mini gun
Watch the episode anon
>>
>>83471882
this gets me everytime
>>
>>83468151
Rewrite second to last episode where they drop all the plot threads. Seriously, it's the one where they are supposed to explain everything, but explain nothing.

Say the giant fuck-you hole was there to find the urn.

Make it clear that all three main fighting characters are aware of the undead nature of ALL ninjas (it wasn't very well established that they all knew).

Say that the general was about to arrive at the park when he saw Frank and turned back because he was afraid of him and ordered his goons to kill him, thus making Frank somewhat responsible for the death of his family (since the fear he put in people drove the whole thing to shit).

Also change the last fight, since all the ninja stunt doubles and extras were there for the establishing shot. Have Frank hear the radio about the Daredevil fighting them, and not just them attacking. Establish the reason why he'd go there.

At the end, make Daredevil enjoy releasing his anger guilt-free by killing zombie ninjas for the first time, but becoming overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Making it almost Matrix Agent Smith fight numbers.

A couple of archer ninjas get headshot to the ground, both loud as fuck like thunder. Some hard rock riff starts playing. A low shot of a minigun sat on the ground by two boots, with a rifle falling next to it (the one Frank used to pick off the archers). The minigun is then lifted off the ground. A shot of Frank from the back as he jumps from one building to the next

Hard rock is gettign louder/heavier. The camera slowly pans from the front of the Punisher from feet to head, first revealing the miningun, then the skull, then Frank's face with the scowl.

Frank nods:
>Red

FRANK. MINIGUNs. THE. FUCKING. NINJAS.
>>
>>83469632
>good actress
>good choreography

You can't be serious.
>>
>>83468151
More sex.
>>
File: 1465023957353.jpg (63 KB, 469x620) Image search: [Google]
1465023957353.jpg
63 KB, 469x620
>>83468151
LITERALLY 5 seconds in MS paint.
>>
less or no elektra
no hand
>>
>everybody bitching about Elektra

/co/ really can't handle its women being relevant, can it?
>>
>>83473712
Elektra set feminism in superhero comic TV adaptations back 10 years
>>
>>83468151
dont make it
>>
>>83469508
Not quite. I rewatched their fights and most of the time, the only reason DD get an upper hand was because he had the upgraded suit (unlike in S1 where blocking was useless and often resulted in him getting shredded to pieces). Still, for most of their fights, Nobu showed that he was the more skillful combatant. The only I'd mark against that is the final fight but even then it had the whole DD on adrenaline thing going with him having the clear intention to kill/BTFO Nobu. If anything, Nobu being so good at fighting felt pointless because we knew next to nothing about him and we had very little reason to give a shit about "muh Black Sky" beyond giving Elektra some internal conflict about her self-identity.
>>
>>83468987
>this utter delusion

marveldrones are the fucking worst
>>
´No ninja shit
>>
>>83473720

HOW.
>>
File: 1458993578331.png (868 KB, 1116x1002) Image search: [Google]
1458993578331.png
868 KB, 1116x1002
>>83473712
This. Elektra was literally "muh carefree independent womyn" and it's kinda expected that /co/ would hate it such a burning passion.

>>83473720
>/co/
>giving a shit about feminism

You almost had me there anon.
>>
>>83473803
I get that people would think her as annoying but the fact is just that she had her own agenda and was as stoic about it as DD. Her only sin was having her own convictions and plans

I really don't understand why everyone just expect the woman to simply "be a good lass and do what the male character tells you, hen"

Well, I actually do understand why people think like that. It's just that I expected everybody to be more mature about this stuff at this point
>>
>cut Elektra
>cut the Hand plotline
>entire season focuses around the ex-military gang and Punisher
QED
>>
>>83468151
More frank more mafia less ninjas
>>
more punish
less devil
>>
>>83468151
More Punisher, give us a interesting villian for the Hand and show the Avengers tower in the Skyline.
>>
>>83468151
More frank
Less nachos
And more abocadoing
>>
Just fucking drop the Elektra storyline in its entirety
>>
>>83468151
I wouldn't because it was fine.
>>
>>83473905
I hated Elektra but Karen was great in S2 aside from her taking over as Urich
>>
File: Pewdiepie.jpg (86 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
Pewdiepie.jpg
86 KB, 369x369
>>83476553
well, news-flash

people also complain about Karen
>>
>>83476876
>>83476553
what was wrong with karen?

i liked her arc and what else was she gonna do besides leave the law firm after foggy and matt fight?
>>
>>83470566
>Less emotional Punisher, more of a calm force of nature Punisher similar to the MAX version.
MAX Punisher had already been doing his shit for years. In Daredevil, Frank was just starting out and is mostly focusing on finding his family's killer.
There were parts of it where he felt like MAX Frank, though. Just give it a little time.
>>
>>83478312
>what's wrong with Karen?

she is a woman.

seriously, as I said before. /co/ can't handle women being relevant
>>
Daredevil, a guy who beats people for fun, chastises The Punisher for going too far. It was very hypocritical. In one scene he nails a guy in the head with a wrench. How does he know that guy isn't dead?
>>
>>83479089
He can hear the heartbeat and breathing.
>>
>>83479089
this pissed me off too

he tortures and physically disables people all the time and started pissing his pants when he saw punisher just punch around grotto on that roof.
>>
I thought it was a fine season of Arrow. Weird that they made him red though.
>>
>>83478971
>I'll dismiss people not liking characters as misogyny
Oh, not this song and dance again.
>>
>>83479364
Then post why you disliked Karen and her arc.
>>
>>83468151
No Daredevil, rename series "Punisher".
>>
>>83479400
I didn't, you fucking faggot.
I didn't care for it. I'm just sick of you self-righteous cunts with your "y-you just can't handle strong women" bullshit.
>>
>>83468151
Frank's plotline stops after he escapes from prison. Saving the last scene he appears in shooting Hand ninjas for Matt. I can see it raising a lot of questions, but basically have DD and Frank share kick-ass moment of one respecting another and it can be a little commercial for Frank's show

Fucking, reveal what the fuck is Black Sky already and how does it make Elektra eligible for being Hand's new boss. No, fucking, why Elektra must become Hand's boss if she's Black Sky.

Introduce Kirigi, make him fight Matt and Elektra instead of Nobu. Nobu can be like Kirigi's master as he's higher rank.
>>
>>83479536
Are you forgetting the whole thing about his ex-commander being responsible for the death of his family, the whole scene in the shed, him deciding to use the stash of weapons to wage war against criminals?
>>
>>83479646
That shit should be start of the Frank's show. Instead revelation that corrupt military guy typecast turned out to be corrupt military guy felt rushed as fuck.
>>
All female cast.
>>
>>83479487
you know that's absolutely the only reason people have to hate on elektra or karen other than blonde/brunette preference

>elektra is not following DD's plan and being a disturbance in the natural course of the male hero's actions, therefore she's annoying and she should disappear from muh show
>>
>>83480113
>THAT'S THE ONLY REASON BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I'M RIGHT
Seriously, just shut up already.
>>
>>83479744
But also nobody talks and the show is 95% action scenes.
>>
File: the finger.gif (1022 KB, 395x309) Image search: [Google]
the finger.gif
1022 KB, 395x309
>>83480169
you shut up!
>>
>>83479744
You may be joking, but I wouldn't mind a comic book show that takes place in R63 universe, as long as someone like Nolan's brother is in charge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwBxkhRFGao
>>
>>83468151
Leave everything about the Hand and Elektra for season 3. Have Daredevil fight against Hammerhead and the Enforcers who try to but in after Kingpin is sent to jail. Having a plot involving gritty street hero Frank Castle and outlandish villain organization The Hand really clashed and having the Punisher shoot ninjas was a stupid ending. Season 3 would focus 100% on the hand and inteoduce Bullseye and would be when Gladiator is forced to fight Daredevil for mental reasons or to protect his wife.
>>
>>83473636
She was great. Stop denying it.
>>
>>83468151
Less ninjas, no "Electra death" in the finale, less Matt being a MASSIVE DICK
>>
>>83468151
less elektra, more frank
>>
I wouldn't. Daredevil has been my favorite hero for over a decade. I had my fan letter published in Waid's issue 25.

Season one disappointed me because it wasn't a Daredevil show. It was proto Daredevil, which was pretty great, but more a prequel than anything else.

Season two is the Daredevil I actually wanted and it's fantastic.
>>
Just finished season 1 of Daredevil. Should I go straight to season 2 or watch Jessica Jones? I'm going to watch them both regardless
>>
>>83479268
Arrow season 5 is looking like its going to be similar to Daredevol
>>
>>83468151
Make Karen's article not stupid. Maybe tone down the gore a touch.
>>
File: 1463422897483.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463422897483.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>83487243
>>
>>83486437
You didn't like that we got extended use of the Man Without Fear outfit?
>>
>>83486581
There's only one reference in DD S2 you won't get if you haven't seen JJ but it's by no means necessary having seen JJ
do whatever you like with the order, but I'd leave DD S2 for the end because it's a killer finisher after JJ which is way slower than DD
>>
One thing I would change is having Finn Cooley be one of the people who gets blown up by the car bomb so we could've gotten a proper adaptation of Kitchen Irish sometime in the future.
>>
>>83468151
Remove all references to ninja organization
Remove Electra
Make Matt less of a dick and have him focus on lawyering
Punisher gets more screen time.
>>
I'd prefer if Punisher didn't recite an action hero one-liner while killing the Blacksmith. Just have Frank shoot him in the head and then sigh, if you really need to avoid anything painful.
>>
>>83468151
I've only watched the first episode of season 2 and my first thought is: "change the director!"
The Irish gang scene is cheap and the fights are so badly shot that you can see that hits never connect. It happened in season 1 but never this bad.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.