[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happened to him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 12
So what happened to him?
>>
File: modern x-men.png (189 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
modern x-men.png
189 KB, 368x475
>>83467386
everyone hated him until he died from it
>>
>>83467386
Character assassination.
Followed by actual assassination
>>
>>83467386
He was so right, that he died
>>
File: 137013125718.png (677 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
137013125718.png
677 KB, 640x360
There are two types of Cyclops haters

People who love hating him

And people who actually hate him, and want him gone
>>
The same thing that made Thor Odinson unworthy of his own hammer.
>>
>>83467386
He got the Phoenix again without turning evil and tried to kill Doom during Secret Wars, but Doom killed him instead. Now there's just Teen Cyclops and some kind of monster clone thing.
>>
>>83467592
God dammit.
>>
Became the Stannis of Marvel.
>>
>>83468483
most of the Secrets Wars deaths got undid. Cyke included.
>>
>>83468933
As far as I know he hasn't been seen.
>>
>>83468954
he was killed off panel flinging shit at the Inhumans
>>
>>83467386
He's should be given a new power set
He should be like superman along with his brother havoc
>>
>>83467386
He wasnt as popular to begin with unlike wolverine I bet people like Gambit or Storm more.

They killed him off in favor of the Inhumans and blackbolt
>>
>>83468966
They killed cyclops off panel. Fucking Bendis
>>
>>83468972
Like Ultimate Cyclops when he uses MGH?
>>
File: Cyclops-in-Uncanny-X-Men-1.png (300 KB, 741x635) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops-in-Uncanny-X-Men-1.png
300 KB, 741x635
Marvel tried to make him a villain, failed, caused a massive surge in popularity for him, and then argued with each other internally about whether he was a hero or a villain. He was then put into the hands of a writer who, while already being generally unable to move a plot forward in any capacity, kept getting interrupted by event after event until finally throwing his hands up and giving up.

Then Marvel's executives, who have no incentive to make money off their comics because they're more valuable as an IP asset than a money sink as a publishing company, got the idea into their heads that the comics drive box office sales (they don't) and began trying to bury the X-Men franchise because the movie rights don't belong to them and they keep printing money for a rival studio think that it would somehow make the movies less profitable (it won't) and allow them to buy back the rights (they won't).

As a result, Cyclops has been unceremoniously killed off-panel for the time being until any sort of agreement can be made about how to utilize him properly in the future, which may never happen because they couldn't even agree on what to do about him when they WERE using him.
>>
Bendis has a new thing where he leaves interesting plot points in the air forever, only ever alluding to them, because he can't write a satisfactory resolution.
>>
>>83469247
can he write a satisfactory anything these days?
>>
>>83469264
Satisfactory? Bendis?
>>
>>83469264
Honestly, I think he can. He does write the teenage hero archetype well. The problem is that's all he's got, so he writes everyone like a snarky teenager.
>>
>>83469203

Okay, can somebody fill me in on what stories to check out where Marvel tried to make him a villain and accidentally started his popularity?

I've been hearing the "Cyclops was right" meme for a long while now, and I really want to see exactly what he was right about.
>>
He can do snarky teen and street level comics. He cannot do superhero icons and world saving stories for the life of him
>>
>>83469330
That's what people say for his street level heroes and I yet have to see fan of Moon Knight who loved Bendis' issues.
>>
>>83469402
avx mainly? its pretty shit though
>>
>>83469203
He was victim of the classic "writers/editorial push one thing, readers absolutely do not buy into it and actually think the opposite" that's happened a bunch of times.

What's surprising is how bloody-minded they've been about it in Cyclops case. Usually they fold to readers wishes, in his case they doubled down. I'm seriously curious as to who is the one pushing it so hard, the only thing for sure is that it isn't Bendis.

>>83469247
/co/ Bendis meme aside, his X-Men run is one of the more editorially compromised I can think of in recent times. I don't blame him for this stuff.
>>
>>83469402
Phoenix Force came to Earth. Cyclops, very reasonably, thought it could be controlled and would bring life back to the mutant population.

Bearing in mind the only time the Phoenix ever went 'dark' was due to Mastermind fucking with it, so he had prior precedent on his side.

But the Avengers just decided fuck the muties, invaded a sovereign state, and a lot of X-Men jobbed unreasonably hard.

Long story short, the Phoenix worked, Cap was wrong
>>
>>83469439
>/co/ Bendis meme aside, his X-Men run is one of the more editorially compromised I can think of in recent times. I don't blame him for this stuff.
First few issues were OK but run went off the rails soon after that.
And I wonder was he one who came up with idea of O5 or not.
>>
>>83469437
They tried to paint him as the 'bad' side in the Schism too before that.
>>
>>83469402
Messiah Complex through the end of Gillen's Uncanny X-Men run was where the foundation was set, with Schism especially trying to lean more in the "Wolverine good, Cyclops bad" direction.

AvX in its entirety is where Marvel tried to put Scott in the Civil War Stark position and then bungled it entirely, having him and the X-Men bring about world peace while the Avengers continually poke them with a stick until the writers just went "Fuck it, Cyclops is Dark Phoenix now."

The end result is the Avengers looking like stupid assholes the whole time while Cyclops was, in fact, right about the Phoenix Force undoing M-Day.
>>
>>83469439
Yeah, to his credit, Bendis was the one who stayed pretty resolute about Cyclops still being a hero.

It was pretty clear he and Remender were quite openly at odds about the whole situation, too. The whole bit in ANXM where Kitty gave a whole monologue about about why Havok's "just call me Alex" speech was fucking stupid was a huge call out on Bendis' part.
>>
File: FearItself-Cyclops.jpg (63 KB, 469x720) Image search: [Google]
FearItself-Cyclops.jpg
63 KB, 469x720
>>83469402

In the Schism, Cyclops was the harder edged pragmatist versus Wolverine as the idealist. The implication was Scott being the Magneto while Wolverine was the Professor X. Wolverine being the 'good' guy is compromised by his opposition to Scott's choices varying from naive to absurdly antagonistic for no reason. Scott's "hard choices". At one point Logan has a meltdown over Scott making a choice that results in the X-Men's main team of heavy hitters not being murdered.

In AVX, it constantly tried to paint Scott and the X-Men as villainous while... they did nothing but act in the worlds best interests as the Avengers constantly antagonize and provoke them, and escalate the conflict for the worse at every turn. The story ends with Scott, literally, being proven right.
>>
>>83469633
>In AVX, it constantly tried to paint Scott and the X-Men as villainous while... they did nothing but act in the worlds best interests as the Avengers constantly antagonize and provoke them, and escalate the conflict for the worse at every turn.
Best scene is when Illuminati gather to see what to do with P5 and Reed is, like, I don't give a fuck, they're doing good work.
>>
>>83467386
Did something terminally stupid but got him killed this time.
>>
File: 1457758639399.jpg (200 KB, 1062x1524) Image search: [Google]
1457758639399.jpg
200 KB, 1062x1524
Marvel didn't try to make him a villian, They didn't commit character assassination, They didn't kill him off because they had written themselves into a corner.
And Bendis is actually not to blame this time.
In fact, MARK MY WORDS HERE: the reason Scott Summers faked his own death is the same reason he murdered Professor Xavier.
Every all the angst-ridden, self-isolating, seemingly self-destructive behavior of Summer's since then has been in a logical progression in keeping with a narrative subtext peppered throughout the X-Men books for some time now.
They knew what they were doing with Cyclops ever since Grant Morrison (not Bendis) came up with an idea well over a decade ago.
Marvel is really good at setting up long storylines.
And when this twist hits I know almost all of you will react with childish outrage, rejection, and denial. You will make claims of it being a sloppy half-worked-out uncharacteristic bastardization of who Cyclops is, that Bendis "obviously" came up with on a lark, it will not be.
When all that happens do remember just one other thing: I told you so.
>>
He was so right, he left
>>
>>83469799
>Marvel is really good at setting up long storylines.
When was the last time they demonstrated this, when writers left?
>>
>>83469799
You know, I'd buy fuck out of book with him being All New Starjammer.
Even if it leads to inevitable GotG crossover.
>>
>>83469851
That would be wicked, I would buy that too.
Also: I do not know why Babyclops didn't stay in space, Earth has been nothing but misery for everyone in the Summers family.
>>
>>83467386
>83467386
He was so overwhelming right that Authors intent twisted around that fact forever making him not wrong.

Baffled and terrified Marvel had to kill him off page because its the only way he could be wrong. Considering what a pack of dicks the Inhumans are and that the characters shit talking Cyke were doing it before means he's probably still right
>>
>>83469887
Right? Babyclops had fun, now he's completely wasted in All-New O5.
Just take all Starjammers, add Cyclops, Havok and dozen of mutant babes and call it a day.
>>
>>83469909
I'm actually starting to come around to hating Inhumans as much as the rest of /co/, I've been giving the books a chance (good art) but the facts that they're an alien population displacing and killing another people, they claim sovereignty over all new Inhumans across Earth, have an alien arsenal of secret technologically advanced civilizations, and still want to think of this mass global level alien infiltration of Earth culture, biology, environment, and govenment as a good thing makes me want to go to war.

When are those Kree going to show up to kill off all the Newhumans in the Kree/Inhuman War? I'm getting impatient.
>>
>>83469964
Fuck that blonde traitor. You know he's evil, right?
>>
>>83470057
>Kree
Buttfucked to oblivion by Beast, Angel and Gamora.
>>
>>83470057
>>83470057
I like the Inhumans, I just don't think the Slave Owning Super Monarchy is a good fit for a traditional hero role.
>>
Can anyone ITT actually explain to me why forcing the x-gene back into human dna through phoenix magic was the morally right thing to do?
>>
>>83470079
Hey, for all I know, he's working in orphanage now.
>>83470127
They don't have slaves anymore, that guy who Alpha Flighted Chinese superteam has team, iirc.
>>
>>83470081
Pfft! One measley little planet gets worked over a little by three temp-gods and the Kree are supposed to call it quits?
Have you forgotten all those interdimentional Kree out there in the multiverse? They are an industrious war-monger civilization of mutate warriors. I'm sure they can still cobble together a space armada invasion or two.
>>
>>83470143
Mutants were on the brink of extinction

magically bringing back the X-Gene was one of the few ways to avoid that

a strong mutant population is necessary for the survival of life on Earth
>>
>>83470201
>A strong mutant population is neccessary for the survival of Earth
Source?
Other than that, 'mutant extinction' just means little Billy won't be born with spikes coming out of his eyeballs.
>>
>>83470143
Cosmic balance. Phoenix Force would do it anyway. Take your pick.
>>83470193
Yeah, but anon! This isn't any planet, this is Kree Throneworld! Or whatever, I probably mix up terms with Skrulls.
>>
>>83470143

The X-Gene was a natural part of human DNA.

The Phoenix was coming to Earth in the first place because the natural order had been disrupted by it's removal.
>>
>>83470228
The Skrull homeworld became a satisfied Galactus burp.
Many ugly green shapeshifters died that day, my friend.
The accursed Reed Richards is to blame!
Also That Shi'ar homeworld has seen better days too...
And let's not forget that Kree rock...

Seems to be a bad age to be an alien civilization's homeworld.
>>
>>83470328
>The Skrull homeworld became a satisfied Galactus burp.
And another throneworld was destroyed by Devos.
Kree lost Supreme Intelligence, as well.
What happened to Spaceknights, their place is gone, as well? I dimly remember them being in Infinity.
>>
>>83469291
Yeah, Bendis. Is he satisfactory?
>>
>>83470399
Spaceknights? Never heard of 'em. They friends of ROM?
I actually don't follow much cosmic Marvel because for the most part that continuity doesn't impact the Earth-based superheros I read, and I can't buy all the comics! : (
>>
>>83470456
Yes, he is a very underrated writer.
>>
>>83470457
>Spaceknights? Never heard of 'em. They friends of ROM?
Yeah, them. Builders wrecked them.
>>
>>83470222
Think of all the times that the earth has been saved solely by mutants
>>
>>83470511
I love the scene in the Vision comic when he recounts all the times he saved, or was involved with saving, the world.
The count was 38.
The X-Men number must be up there in double digits too.
>>
>>83467386
He was too good for this world
>>
>>83470511
Of those, how many of them were caused BY mutants?
>>
>>83470598
Oh, so he's offworld? Did the Starjammers beam him up at the last second or something?
>>
>>83470644
You sound like the average ungrateful marvel citizen
>>
>>83469049
The difference is that Wolverine and Storm's characters were written into the shitter, Gambit literally who, while Cyclops' character growth (and downfall if you think it was) was sensible and interesting to read

I don't run popularity polls but for me Cyclops single handedly kept X-titles interesting for roughly the last decade
>>
File: offworld-men.jpg (660 KB, 1582x1200) Image search: [Google]
offworld-men.jpg
660 KB, 1582x1200
>>83470658
Sure, e-everyone is off-world.
Except Gambit and Golballs.
>>
>>83470683
Oh, and Pixie.
>>
>>83469799
>And when this twist hits
>When all that happens do remember just one other thing: I told you so.

Ulysses stop shitposting and go hide somewhere, Stark is looking to fuck your shit up

>In fact, MARK MY WORDS HERE: the reason Scott Summers faked his own death is the same reason he murdered Professor Xavier.

That being? Because the murder of Xavier is the only hting he really hoenstly did wrong in this whole mess (and that he showed and expressed immense guilt over): he let his his anger and the temptation presented by his power get the better of him
>>
>>83470644
Look fella, the very first time Cyclops himself single-handedly saved the world it was the Sentinels who were about to kill and enslave humanity.
Remember who's responsible for those giant racist mutant killing robots existing?
Then there's all those alien invasions...
And demonic invasions...
And Inhumans too before too long...
>>
File: X-Men-Zone-006.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-Zone-006.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1968
Literally everyone, including Hickman who killed him off unceremoniously, has written a better Rightclops than Bendis.
>>
>>83470644
>>83470668

>mutant terrorists cause millions in property damage, dozens of lives lost
>mutant paramilitia come to fuck over mutant terrorists causing millions in property damage, maybe lives lost as collateral
>"w-we just want to do what's right"

The Registration Act was right. Superhumans should be held accountable for the power they wield, especially mutants who develop them as childs - teenagers.
>>
>>83470748
>childs
Registration Act is Nazi thing, Cap said so.
>>
>>83470723
>That being?
even if that wasn't all bullshi wouldn't knowing the spoiler ruin the twist?
>>
>>83470769
Well Cap isn't Cyclops, therefore he's not RIGHT.
Besides, these days I'm sure someone's managed to change his mind.
>>
>>83470748
What the fuck does registration have to do with accountability?

Does that imply that there is no way to investigate, arrest, and punish someone if they don't already have an extensive file on record?
>>
>>83470864
It obviously makes it significantly more difficult.
>>
>>83470919
Until you get Norman in charge.
>>
>>83470864
Don't you think it would make it easier? If a murder scene showed, let's say, laser beam marks on the scenery and the bodies, wouldn't it help for the investigation to know exactly who in the neighborhood can project laser beams or has access to laser beam technology?

And it also has to do with accountability because then the guys who fucked everyone's shit up would not be some leather-clad buffoons named Helion or Elixir or whatever, they would have a name and an address to go questioning to

Of course this only applied before everyone knew where all the mutants exactly were
>>
>>83470919
So? I don't have my DNA or fingerprints on file and I shouldn't have to until I commit a crime. Superhumans should have the same rights.

If you can't catch super criminals without a head start, get better tech and training. Don't take it out on them.
>>
>>83470945
I think the difference between what you could personally do and what some superhumans could do is too massive to reduce it to a moral quandary
>>
>>83470991
considering how easy it is to build bombs, not really
>>
>>83470864
Nothing.
Let's suppose Ulterior Motive Man uses excessive force in a fight and destroys an office building in the process of killing a suspect.

A warrant is issued for his arrest in connection with destruction of private property and multiple counts of manslaughter in furtherance of 1st degree murder. If he was registered, they know his name is Theophrastus Bombastus Von Hohenheim and where he used to live, but if he's a fugitive this information is of little use since he's not likely to be there anymore. If he's not registered, they look at the list of people who were reported missing within a few days after the incident because he's probably one of them.

Unless, of course, he stays put and continues going to his day job. But then you still have the likelihood of people noticing that Theophrastus has been acting strange ever since that office building blew up because it's hard to stay calm when you know SHIELD is looking for you over a small matter of a few hundred deaths and a five million dollar building. Also if he's going through the motions of his normal work day, he'd be fairly easy to catch once he's identified. A registered fugitive is going to be hiding as thoroughly as possible.

When you consider that registered fugitives are definitely going to make a run for it, the argument for registration making it easier to hold people accountable is kind of weak.
>>
>>83470991
But supercops exist and super private security. Don't act like the world isn't equipped to handle Joe Schmoe just because he has laser eyes.

Besides, an investigation would likely just involve going to a list of people with laser eyes and arresting the closest one to the crime. How are you going to prove it wasn't someone from out of town with lasers? If you don't have an alibi and you can shoot lasers, you're going to get hardcore fucked by the legal system.
>>
>>83470991
Admittedly for a lot of those cases a Registration Act makes no difference at all.
Let's say Franklin Richards registers. "Hi, my power is, um, literal God-like omnipotence including wishing anything in/out of existence in an isntant"
What do you do then?

>>83471039
You could maybe take out a building with your IED, big deal. The people who can build and control the real bombs are held accountable for what they do on that job. Or they should do, but "people try to circumvent it" is no basis for criticizing law.
>>
>>83471039
THIS.
Most people who are pro-registration are severely underestimating how much destructive potential a normal human actually has. Anyone can walk in to Wal-Mart, spend less than $100, and level a two-story building pretty easily.
>>
>>83471076
A people on the run from the law makes a lot more ripples than someone who can just remove a mask and not be Ulterior Motive Man, murderer and fugitive, until he decides to be again, possibly hundreds of miles form the last sighting.

Suppose old Theo can do just that? Remove his mask and not give a fuck anymore about whatever happened when he was Ulterior Motive Man? Maybe he has two personalities, maybe he self-hypnotizes to help keep his own secret identity, maybe he's just that much of an asshole.

What's better for investigators: looking for a man on the run whose face they know and who can't use any of the old connections we take or granted but make our lives so much easier - no smartphone, no credit cards, no booking flights - or looking for an unknown man in the perfect hiding spot?
>>
>>83467386
Magneto jizzed into his ear while he was sleeping one night. The rest is history, a shit load of being right, and normies being jealous of the most right saviour of mutantkind.
>>
>>83468483
Did you just not read the series? It's 2016, do you not read the comics that are published by Marvel on a weekly basis?

Cyclops was brought back. Black Panther and the Richards family fixed shit. Read an X-Men book. Cyke was killed off-panel because Marvel wants to push the Inhumans more.
>>
>>83467543
You might say he was...DEAD right
*shades*
YEEEEEAH!!
>>
File: flyclops.gif (12 KB, 702x484) Image search: [Google]
flyclops.gif
12 KB, 702x484
>>83469402
You can break it up into three sections, if you like.

Rightclops Begins (pure hero):
>Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon
>House of M
>Astonishing X-Men by Warren Ellis

The Dark Right (he's not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve):
>Uncanny X-Men by Ed Brubaker (Make sure you read all of Messiah CompleX)
>Uncanny X-Men by Matt Fraction (Make sure you read all of Utopia/Nation X and Second Coming)

Dark Right Returns:
>Schism
>Uncanny X-Men v1 and v2 by Kieron Gillen
>AvX and AvX Consequences
>>
>>83469799
I bet Cyclops and Jean are both resurrected and out in space with the Starjammers. Or he's gone back to Alaska and said fuck it.
>>
>>83467524
Underrated
>>
>>83467386
He got his neck snapped by Doom on battleworld in Secret Wars, then he presumably came back because deaths on battleworld didn't count and somebody mentioned he was killed by some Inhumans.
>>
Was the leak about him being the one behind Magneto's team right?
>>
>>83473857
huh. I thought Schism was right after Whedon's run
>>
>>83475212
Whedon's run ran from 2004-2008. Schism was 2011ish.
>>
Bendis ending Scott-Emma was already bad (in a bizarre story over Xavier's legacy). Killing him off-screen...

Fuck that man.
>>
>>83468887
This is in incredibly accurate
>>
>>83475607
Scott-Emma ended when Emma fucked Namor and Scott beat the shit out of her in Gillen's Uncanny.
>>
>>83475660
>Emma fucked Namor
Damn, never noticed that. Which ed?
>>
>>83469439
Bendis' Uncanny was pretty okay, in my book. Look at how bad everything else was and has been since and I actually find myself fondly recalling his X-kids (best X-kids class since Morrison; fuck the Kyle Yost kids), the designs, and his love/hate relationship with Maria Hill.

He just got fucked so hard over and over and over again by editorial.

I think about how they were going to give the property to Remender and let him do whatever he wanted and I weep....
>>
>>83468483
Isn't Doom permanently good now?

Logan is dead
Xavier is dead
Motherfucking Nightcrawler is dead
Cyclops is dead
Namor is ded
Doom is a good guy
Hulk is a chinese teenager

This universe wasn't worth saving.
>>
>>83475639
But Scott isn't entitled to everything like Stannis is.not to mention stannis is alive
>>
>>83475660
>Emma fucked Namor and Scott beat the shit out of her in Gillen's Uncanny.
which chapter for both of those
>>
He's not Logan or a empowered female. So he's no longer the "X-Man"
>>
File: 2419053-1.png (2 MB, 1243x737) Image search: [Google]
2419053-1.png
2 MB, 1243x737
>avengers
>the phoenix cant be controlled it's nothing but pure evil trust us no one knows the phoenix better than us
>>
>>83476145
>lets give the whales legs
>lets seal up the San Andreas fault
>lets drown wakanda
>>
File: 6-0131957_1.jpg (12 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
6-0131957_1.jpg
12 KB, 480x480
>>83470943
Shall not be infringed
>>
>>83467386
Dey took him
>>
>>83470222
It's a literal written fact that the Celestials will wipe out Earth if there's no mutants.
>>
What if he makes a return in civil war 2?

also where's emma and the rest of his team?

where's hope summers?
>>
>>83477842
They might try but it doesn't mean they wouldn't get beaten, or decide plenty of other metas and inhumans and the like are sufficient for their science experiment not to bother hitting the reset button.
>>
>>83477842
Source? I think you're making this up.
>>
>>83477974
Bendis is writing Civil War 2, you don't want Scott to be written by Bendis.
>>
>>83467386
Got so tired of being right and melded into the punch force.
>>
>>83478033
I don't recall, I just remember this from when AvX was going on and people were arguing about it. From what i can remember, the Celestials like Earth as their little petri dish and if there are no more mutants around, it's time to start over.
>>
what happened to Cyclops, Emma, the Cuckoos, Rachel, Danger, Rahne, Dani Moonstar, Karma, Exodus, Quentin Quire, Tessa/Sage, Domino, Warpath, Hope etc etc etc
>>
>>83478284
They're busy and have better things to do
>>
>>83467386
Corporate medling
>>
>>83469330
have you read recent miles? that thing is shit and the character is written better by everyone else
>>
>>83476295
All three of these are great ideas
>>
>>83475679
>>83475962
I don't remember. Just go read Gillen's Uncanny X-Men AvX stuff, it's only one arc.
>>
>>83467386
What the hell kind of musculature is that? I've never seen someone with a six pack on their fuckin chest
>>
>>83467386
Apparently he got all lumpy.
>>
>>83470222
Celestials would go overkill on earth if mutants dissapear, but the avengers and pretty much every non mutant is an idiot
>>
>>83470471
Writer? Underrated? Bendis?
>>
>>83470673
this, his development from Boy scout to the amalgam between Magneto and Xavier since morrison's run until he was dissapear was really interesting to see
>>
>>83476049
LOL - OMG! THIS, so epic THIS!
>>
>>83475607
Emma left him for his own good.
It's the only thing that makes sense because she loves him more than anything in the world, and it's not hard to see why: he's the only one who actually loves her as is, and it must hurt her like hell to know-know that fact, seeing as she's an omega-level telepath and all. And that might explain some of her hilariously fucked up psychology too.
Anyway, you might say that some fishy dealings with Namor count as her not lovng him with loyalty, I will remind you that she is a perverted sexual deviant who wears lingerie to a battlefield, you have to accept your mutant lover for who and what she/he/they/it is.
>>
>>83478248
If ANYONE has source for this, it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>83480935
I've never seen a Celestials story but there's a lot of indirect links and mentions of that in some books.
In that Daughter-of-Galactus one-shot there was dialog mentioning that the Celestials engeneered the X-Gene that makes mutant powers.
The X-Men villian Apocalypse owes a good portion of his origin and all of his supertechnology to the Celestials.
That god-powered mutant kid of Mr.Fantastic, Franklin Richards might grow up to become a Celestial.
Then there's the club of cosmic beings Phoenix connection... I don't know if that counts?
>>
>>83480016
Where is Emma now?
>>
>>83481459
(did nobody at all read that issue?)
She said that she was going back to the Hellfire club.
>>
>>83481548
What comic? Which issue?

Has the Hellfire Club made an appearance post-Secret Wars? I heard Bunn is introducing a new version? Is Emma expected (or solicited) to make an appearance?
>>
>>83467386

He's preparing to come back to Earth.
>>
>>83482281
please let it be a glorious return, and please let him shit over Beast by returning with some cure for the mutant terrigen problem
>>
>>83481758
Uncanny X-Men #32 - in that last run before Marvel pulled a 52.
And a Hellfire club story is being seeded in the current Magneto team Uncanny X-Men, but there's not a single white Frosty corset to be seen so far.
>>
>>83476295

Sealing the San Andreas fault was great because iirc the writer thought it would be a good thing
>>
>>83470726
>Inhumans
Fucking Terrigenists.
>>
>>83471090
>What do you do then?

Shoot him.
>>
>>83471085
>supercops exist and super private security.

Yup; the whole "oh, what are we poor flatscans to do in a world of inborn laser eyes and telekinesis" doesn't wash when you have an Avengers reanchise or S.H.I.E.L.D. Response Team on every block.
>>
>>83471076
>Ulterior Motive Man

IS A HERO AND A PATRIOT!!! THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT HIS PATRON, THEOPHRASTUS BOMBASTUS VON HOHENHEIM, BILLIONAIRE PHILANTHORPIST AND INVENTOR OF SILLY STRINGâ„¢, IS SECRETLY HIM!!!
>>
>>83470683
Canonball's back.
>>
>>83483825
He still married to that Smasher babymomma living in space?
Or did that get retconned away?
>>
>>83475931
Nightcrawler has been back for awhile.

And the new Hulk is great. :^)
>>
>>83483210
Yeah, because that worked out so well with Bruce Banner... Oh, no wait, it didn't, it just made the him very angry.
>>
>>83484043
Not only is Kurt back but he's finally made out of 100% demon now.
>>
>>83484107
Disgusting. I actually didn't read any of Aaron's run, so I don't really know.
>>
>>83484043
What happened to Banner?
>>
>>83484519
>>83484519
Well, basically he absorbed a lethal quantity of radiation and then Amadeus Cho used some sort of nanites to take the Hulk powers from Banner and transferred them to himself .
>>
>>83484471
It actually was quite disgusting, from heaven's edge he sold his soul to low-level shapeshifting maggot demons who then became the interdimentional teleporting Bamfs that infested Wolverine's X-school until a number of them that had sufficient Nightcrawler soul "merged" into Kurt Wagner 2.0, all so he could recruit the X-Men to stop rampaging Hell pirates.
>>
>>83480935
I feel like Remenders Uncanny Avengers brought this up during the Apocalypse Twins arc
>>
>>83468933
But Phoenix deaths aren't like other deaths, by definition of the concept.
And that wasn't one of the current two Cyclops either:
Babyclops is just a stuck timetraveller from the past, and the Adultclops we all know and misremember is the one who has been reported dead off-panel...
... BUT reality was rewritten, remember?
Those two versions of Cyclops are part of the new reality formed after the big SecretWars retcon.
The Phoenixclops version2 from SecretWars was the Phoenixclops of that past version of the 616 reality, and he died before the big retcon.
So bear with me here, IF ... *IF* THAT original non-retconned version of Phoenixclops is brought back from the dead by the Phoenix Force then that will mean that there's THREE versions of Cyclops to account for:
Non-retcon Phoenix Cyclops (if he comes back to life)
Stuck timetraveller from the past teen Cyclops.
And the adult Cyclops who died off-panel post-SecretWars-retcon.
>>
>>83469455
That's a little one-sided of an appraisal anon, here's one that's a little more even handed:

Phoenix Force was back and had been slagging worlds one its galactic road trip to Earth.

The Avengers are worried that the Phoenix Force will slag the Earth too so begin trying to figure out how to stop the Phoenix.

Cyclops is excited the Phoenix is coming back and believes it to be tied to the issue with
No More Mutants since the Phoenix is life.

Hope (the last mutant born with No More Mutants in effect) is tied to the Phoenix and Cyclops has been training her to become its host and keep bad things from happening.

The Avengers learn about Hope and want to take her as a Phoenix magnet/weapon to deal with the Phoenix Force.

The Avengers come to the X-Men and tell them to hand over Hope, no discussion just capitulation. Cyclops says no and tells them to stay out of it just like they do whenever a bunch of humans go on a mutant killing spree.

Fight ensues. Cyclops is proven right in the end with a trained Hope harnessing the Phoenix Force and bringing back mutants.
>>
I was wondering when did Cyclops leave X-Men and become this way?
Was it around the time Wolverine was getting popular in early 2000s or what?
>>
>>83469419
He drew out a single volume arc to two whole plodding volumes and killed off Echo. Fuck him. I like Lemire's run but I don't think it has the power to stay.
>>
>>83469662
>Best scene is when Illuminati gather to see what to do with P5 and Reed is, like, I don't give a fuck, they're doing good work.
To be fair that was because Reed had been working on his save the world equation for forever at that point.
The trick was it worked into his math that he didn't think the mutants would go evil, they'd been oppressed too many times to even consider it.
There was also his wisdom in seeing that the illuminati had made a mess of things more than they had ever managed to fix a damn thing.
The avengers saw it differently and just kept pushing at them till it broke their perspectives and things fell out as they did.
>>
>>83477842
>>83479300
>Celestials

Just get Thor to kill them.
>>
>>83478060
I read Moon Knight I don't want anyone to be written by Bendis.
>>
>>83488638
There was also this thing that Avengers tried to kill Phoenix Force, and they managed to break it a bit so it landed in five mutants instead of Hope. Those five were Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Colossus and Namor. They were solving world's problems, food, water, safety for everyone, no wars, no suffering. And Avengers were "No, it's too easy, it's wrong!" and they were trying to fight with them over and over again.
>>
>>83484712
Marvel is dead.
>>
>>83489372
did you forget how fucking power mad the x-men immediately went?

Magik ripped a hole to hell in the midwest.
>>
>>83489420
It wasn't immediately, for a time it was working.

Also Phoenix Force was supposed to go to Hope and her Lights. It didn't thanks to the Avengers. When Hope got it at the end everything went well. Cyclops was right.
>>
>>83470683
Man, Tempus was hot as fuck.
>>
man in the past i use to hate cyclops but now that i read all these facts... i think its one of the most cool superheroes and mutants marvel had, he is like a martyr and... well thats pretty cool
>>
>>83489970
It's soooo much sweeter, cuz he's Captain America in Civil War: a martyr that Marvel intended to be the belligerent. They actively wanted one to root for Tony/The Avengers, and unless they were biased, they saw right through.
>>
>>83489513
>It wasn't immediately, for a time it was working.
Yeah it went as smoothly as the first half of the maiden voyage of the Titanic.
>>
>>83490448
The Titanic didn't randomly explode though. It hit an iceberg. The Avengers were the iceberg, anon.
>>
>>83489513
>It wasn't immediately, for a time it was working.
They still went crazy, each wielding one fifth of a sufficient enough to destroy an entire solar system.

But oh, Piotr gave some Whales legs and Cyke welded the San Andreas Fault. So you see, the Avengers were being completely unreasonable here.
>>
>>83490645
They went crazy after the Avengers started attacking them
>>
>>83490645
But Scott himself was not aware of the other X-men's actions, nor did he himself do anything crazy until the Avengers forced his hand. If anything, his only fault was trusting his friends would do the right thing and not go mad with power. He was right all the way.
>>
>>83475931
>chinese teenager
Amadeus Cho?
>>
>>83467386
Had an inoperable Bendis. It was just a matter of time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flHOIbMEtpk
>>
>>83490448
Only reason it didnt work properly as intended is because cabin boy avenger thought he'd start a mutiny by throwing a wrench into the engine
>>
>>83475933
>4 living targarians
>>
>>83467386
He was... Bendis'd.
It's when you're written by a poor writer who completely misrepresents your characters and then you are unceremoniously discarded and only spoken of in hateful whispers.
See also: Avengers Disassembled.
>>
>>83490330
This "the writers set this hero up as a villian" meme is some of the most shallow and poorly thought out criticism that has ever been leveled against Marvel.
It's not that one side is meant to be right and one side is meant to be wrong, like in a hero/villian matchup, Both sides in Civil War and in AvX have valid concerns and from each of their own perspectives they are doing what is obviously right.
It's not meant to be taken as good vs. evil when superheros are fighting.
That's supposed to be obvious.
>>
>>83475931
>Logan is dead
Just gotta crack open that adamantium coffin and he'll be fine
>Xavier is dead
Is this the second or third time?
>Motherfucking Nightcrawler is dead
Came back like 3 years ago
>Cyclops is dead
I honestly have my doubts, but for now he might as well be
>Namor is ded
Confirmed coming back
>Doom is a good guy
He's also being written by Bendis, he'll probably revert him when he realizes not that many people give a shit
>Hulk is a chinese teenager
Cho is alright

How many of those books do you keep up with? Just asking because it really threw me off that you still thought Nightcrawler was dead.
>>
>>83467386
They couldn't figure a way to make him gay, black or a woman. Or all of that.
>>
>>83469841
Captain America being Hydra all along for 75 years.
>>
>>83469402
>I really want to see exactly what he was right about.

Everything. Literally every decision he has ever made was right, and everyone shit on him for it.

This is not a meme.
>>
>>83469633
>Wolverine as the idealist.

That LITERALLY makes no sense
>>
>>83497956
I don't get it though/ Why would Marvel treat him like garbage.

I know it's been asked before but is Marvel trying to kill X-Men and mutants in general because they can't make the movies?
>>
>>83469799
>Marvel is really good at setting up long storylines.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>83498000
wolverine remained just as cynical while cyke became even more cynical and pragmatic to the point that wolverine was an idealist in comparison
>>
>>83469909
consider that, by being dead, he is no longer being written by Marvel. That means he's more right than any other character.

>>83470057
I have no idea what Marvel is thinking. By trying to make the Inhumans "heroes" they've made them some of the worst villains Marvel has had in a long time.
>>
>>83483210
>shooting Reed and Sue Richards child
There's easier way to kill yourself.
>>
>>83498031
>Why would Marvel treat him like garbage.
This started before movies. Writers hate him because he's not Wolverine, and the writers now grew up with X-men. They all want to be the edgy badass who nobody tells what to do, and Cyclops is the responsible one who tells Wolverine off when he's being retarded (which is all the time.)

So all the writers get ahold of him and use him as a whipping post while they jerk off Wolverine... except every time they try to make Cyclops do something irredeemable, it always comes across as completely justified because they're shit writers. So you have a character who is perpetually in the right yet being shit on by the entire universe.

This pisses off his fans, and makes people who pay attention to the shit he's gone through instead of listening to Marvel insist that he's a bad guy start liking him.
>>
>>83495177
except they totally do that.
>>
>>83498317
Man, Cyclops was always my favorite as a kid. I always played him at school with my friends while my one friend would put pencils between his fingers and pretend to be Wolverine.
>>
File: 1-1458307114408-His-Tomb.jpg (152 KB, 480x738) Image search: [Google]
1-1458307114408-His-Tomb.jpg
152 KB, 480x738
>>83496429
>Logan
Dude is going to need a lot more than some fresh air when the crack that thing open. I'd schedule some therapy sessions. Maybe a nice memory wipe too. Geez, I hope he wasn't claustrophobic.
>Xavier
Four by my count. But I'm not an expert. Plus I counted his faked death. Scott's had three himself, but all three a lot more recently.
>the rest
I'm sure they'll all be fine.
>>
>>83497500
I'm sure someone (Iceman) is going to at least try to turn him into one of those things.
I'd bet money on it.
>>
>>83499118
he's not alive in there in any form. with his healing factor gone he suffocated, and honestly, suffocating inside a skintight coffin is probably less traumatic than shit like getting crushed by a steamroller and other ridiculous crap Logan had to live through
>>
>>83467386
He accidently looked into the bathroom mirror right as he climaxed to a Jean & Queen fap. Guess who found his body??
>>
>>83499562
Storm?

Black Bolt?
>>
>>83499118
They said they weren't going to use him for about five years, right?
>>
>>83499401
You're assuming that he was sealed up in there airtight.
And yeah, THAT would be fatal given that Logan himself has said that drowning can kill him, but the stuff was molten when it covered him and he was walking around (stalking some evil WeaponX scientist guy) and presumably breathing through his nostrils at least - in order to sense where the guy was. Not to mention that he (comicbook)died watching the sunset - with at least one eye uncovered by slag.
>>
>>83469841
civil war seems like it gone on for 10 years now.
>>
>>83499925
I never read those intention promises, they're almost as bad as spoilers once you've learned most storytelling tricks.
Did they really promise five years dead????? Lame.
>>
>>83498317
>This pisses off his fans
say what
I'm not even close to pissed off.
>>
>>83500087
So does dead Jean Grey.
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.