[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does \co\ thing of prequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: shipleave.gif (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
shipleave.gif
31 KB, 600x450
What does \co\ thing of prequel?
>>
>>83458729
Its deader than Gravity falls. Was pretty neat though I enjoyed it.
>>
>\co\
>thing

try again tomorrow
>>
>>83458729

It's going to update by the end of June/ early July

Don't tell anyone I said that.
>>
>>83458729

Literally the best web comic out there. Strong, deep and entertaining story with great pacing, adorable main character and awesome art.

there is no reason to read something else.
>>
>>83458729
It was decent, until it was kill.
>>
>>83458749
??? K?? {{«??
>>
I greatly enjoyed it while it was alive. Shame that it died.
>>
>>83458729
I liked it a lot, but it hasn't updated in over half a year so I don't really care as much these days.
>>
File: 40od059.jpg (242 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40od059.jpg
242 KB, 1024x768
I enjoyed what there is, but I would have preferred to follow it semi-regularly as an ongoing than a one-off read of something that is clearly not even in the top 20 of the creators 'things I like to do' hobbies.

Animations and little flash games take time. I get that. But they don't take 6 months for a couple of little doodles, a thousand words or less, and a little media piece. It doesn't even take a few weeks if you are passionate.

It's also no way to tell a story you seem to be seeking to progress, due to this slow speed. At this rate, we might literally see the end of the Kvatch story before Star Wars XII comes out, or the heat death of the universe. If the effort required for each update is really the issue; drop the animations and interactive shit, and just go with the stills and writing. One of those could be churned out every fortnight with only a few hours of commitment.

Plus, KatiaWeave seems like it isn't going to be a thing, so the return to Anvil will just be a disappointment anyway.
>>
>>83458859

Nice try, Kaz.
>>
File: 1464465492104.gif (2 MB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1464465492104.gif
2 MB, 400x398
>>83458859
>great pacing
>>
>>83459660

Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time to place your bets- what excuse will that wacky Kazerad employ to deflect this perfectly sensible criticism?
>>
>>83460371

Seconded. How long did that fucking dream sequence take, again?
>>
There's an excellent and civil discussion about Prequel going in on /trash/ right now.
>>
U P D A T E
P
D
A
T
E

W
H
E
N
>>
>>83460660
Oh yeah, came here to post that - didn't Kaz move away to /trash/ after /co/ got fed up with his bullshit, since furries have lower standards?
>>
>>83460660
>excellent and civil discussion

That's an odd way to spell circlejerk.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (247 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
247 KB, 960x643
>>83458729
>>
>>83460861
>didn't Kaz move away to /trash/ after /co/ got fed up with his bullshit

/trash/ and eight/co/, yeah. it's impressive when you stop and think about it, considering the terminal boner /co/ had for him when he first started showing up.
>>
It was good, but it had to end.
>>
>>83460965
>eight/co/
Damn, really? I mean, I can understand going to /trash/, but you have to be REALLY hungry for any attention if you'd visit 8/co/ - that place is literally a graveyard.
>>
>>83458729
like it. plan to rip it off someday
>>
>>83458729
its pretty good when it updates
>>
>>83460371
well it started out with great pacing when it was just one panel at a time stuff
>>
>>83460965
>>83461046

Damn, after all the fucking essays Kazerad wrote about how much he loved the idea of 4chan and the free discourse that occurs here, that's honestly disappointing to read.

What was the tipping point? Did he actually make a post saying why he left or did he just disappear?
>>
>>83461250
Anon, I've been following the comic for almost two years now and one thing I think everyone can agree on is that Kaz absolutely loves having his ass licked. I started off also loving what he does and coming up with explanations as to why he's publishing the comic later and later, but it's obvious - he never really cared about the comic or you, the readers. But what he did like was coming here and having discussions, fucking with people and, whenever someone identified him, reading just how much everyone loves him and would kill for a sketch from him.

So, the tipping point was when people stopped to care - he took the few furries from /co/, moved to /trash/ with Katia's tits and probably sits there, since that's the last place where he's going to get more praise than critique.
>>
>>83461177

Rip what off? Thinly veiled anthro fetish? The cliche of a character who is an utter failure but turns out to be a closet genius in something seemingly mundane but highly broken when taken to extremes? Or the concept that cat-trait women would be sluts?

It's the execution of Prolog, and it's already established AAA setting, that makes it good. Not it's pretty cliche concepts. She is basically a catslut version of every failure-turned-awesome power fantasy ever.
>>
>>83461430
>the tipping point was when people stopped to care - he took the few furries from /co/, moved to /trash/ with Katia's tits and probably sits there, since that's the last place where he's going to get more praise than critique

What do you think he'll do with himself when even that last little trickle finally dries up?
>>
>>83461430

I make no judgements on Kaz, I don't know him, but Prolog feels like a prject that started with a lot of passion, but the ambition and effort required for an average update far outstripped the payoff.

Just looking at the project, he should have done text and stills for the majority of updates, maybe a single simply looping animation, and kept the more complex stuff to big events.

For example, the mini RPG when arriving in Kvatch. It was pretty shallow, and while quaint started to get annoying after five minutes of wanting to make sure I didn't miss any NPC dialog in case it was story-relevant. The kicker? The summary that followed probably took fifteen minutes to type up. The mini RPG? That must have taken fucking days or weeks, as the sprites and the interactions alone must have taken a lot of planning, let alone the obsessive attention to detail. It was bright, quirky, and would have been a pleasure to play - if it had been anything but the paragraph summary on the following update stretched out for around half-an-hour or more.
>>
it's dead because of muh merch
>>
Can't wait for the next update. 2021 isn't that far away, is it?
>>
File: Kazerad enters the thread.png (799 KB, 511x702) Image search: [Google]
Kazerad enters the thread.png
799 KB, 511x702
>>
File: 1375763502235.png (1 MB, 1301x1325) Image search: [Google]
1375763502235.png
1 MB, 1301x1325
I... remember when it updated.

I think.
>>
>>83461250
As I understand it, he just shows up whenever somebody tells him there's a prequel thread.

Kaz, I know you'll show up here at some point. Do you have an ETA for the end of packing all of those boxes?
>>
File: barbaric.jpg (88 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
barbaric.jpg
88 KB, 600x709
>be me
>2072
>looking though some old stuff with grand kids
>dig up old laptop
"grandpa whats that thing ?"
>tell them it's a computer
"how is that clunky thing a computer ?"
"yeah you can't even plug it into your brain"
>decide to boot it up to show those old whippersnappers some of the stuff i used to go on
>click google chrome
>explain to them how the internet was before brain chip boom of 2024
>look up some old sites
>surprisingly 4chan is still up some how
>check /g/
>people yelling at each other over the whether the X-29 implant was worth buying
>check /co/
>OHSHIT.jpg
>new prequel update
>it's a few panels of katia going back into the mage's guild
"sorry it took so long i promise the next update will come with in the decade"
>mfw it doesn't
>>
>>83460861
>>83460965

Guys I post in like every /co/ thread here D=
>>
>>83465054
more katia pinapple candies WHEN?!
>>
>>83465054
Hush, Fakerad.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.