[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since Red Skull began using the fear of refugees to recruit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: hailhydra.png (295 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hailhydra.png
295 KB, 600x400
Ever since Red Skull began using the fear of refugees to recruit people into Hydra, I've been thinking.

Why is there even a refugee crisis in the Marvel universe?

Couldn't the Avengers just fly down the middle east, stamp out ISIS and then have Reed Richards build a clean water machine in under a day?
>>
This is literally true of any event in any comic book that has ever happened
>>
The Avengers do not mess with international problems.
>>
>>83456243
But that would be seen as "insensitive". You can't have make believe characters fixing real problems in the fictional world.
>>
File: magik.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1214) Image search: [Google]
magik.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1214
>>83456243
well Reed is busy playing god with the omniverse or whatever Marvel calls it.

Also this is the universe where every hero ever couldn't find a cure for a gunshot wound so Pete had to sell his marriage to the devil to save his 800 year old Aunt from dying for 15th time.

they can't fucking order a pizza without angsting and fighting each other.
>>
>>83456366
Now Doctor Doom crying at the sight of 9/11? That's A OK!
>>
>>83456243
>Couldn't the Avengers just fly down the middle east, stamp out ISIS and then have Reed Richards build a clean water machine in under a day?

Wait... Americans think Isis is involved in the refugee crisis?

Do burgers are really this dumb?
>>
>>83456422
Doctor Octopus was in that one too IIRC.

Didn't he try to blow up all of New York City late on in Slott's runr?
>>
File: Pixie-Megan_Gywnn.jpg (69 KB, 520x700) Image search: [Google]
Pixie-Megan_Gywnn.jpg
69 KB, 520x700
>>83456398
Magic quit having pixie hit you with dust
>>
>>83456243
>Couldn't the Avengers just fly down the middle east, stamp out ISIS?

The refugee crisis is product of Israel and Murrika trying to get rid of Assad.
>>
>>83456243

I just believe that no current events in Big Two stuff in a way that we recognize as our own. The problems just wouldn't exist.
>>
File: 1342034116975.gif (21 KB, 187x190) Image search: [Google]
1342034116975.gif
21 KB, 187x190
>>83456243

Superheroes cannot solve problems that matter. Superheroes can only punch other costumed clowns, or lacking them, generic muggers.
>>
>>83456243
has there been a BAIL NOBRA edit yet?
>>
File: Marv-DrDoomTears.jpg (153 KB, 554x444) Image search: [Google]
Marv-DrDoomTears.jpg
153 KB, 554x444
>>83456422
There's no way this post is not shitting me.
>this post is actually not shitting me
Jesus
>>
>>83456243

The refugee crisis exist because both Isis and Assad are shit. Going in and beating one of them wouldn't suddenly stop it at this point, and would just leave the ones that couldn't escape at the mercy of the other evil group. They'd need to beat both of them AND take over the country. So, you'd need someone like Doom for the job, not the Avengers.
>>
>>83459412
>Assad is shit

/co/ needs to close their comics and learn about the real world. Fuck you. Assad is the rightful leader of the country and it was "rebels" backed up by Israel, America and Saudi Arabia that tried to bring down an stable country. Shut up and never give your opinion again about anything that isnt cartoons
>>
>>83456441
Burger here and yes alot of us are that dumb. We don't really pay attention to world affairs.
>>
>>83459755
t. Bashar al-Assad
>>
>>83461904
Great comeback, kiddo.
>>
>>83456422
That was 9/11 bullshit that spreed everywhere after the fact, nobody was thinking straight and just basically did whatever they wanted to either make a quick buck or try to heal and help other heal.

Still it was retarded as fuck though.
>>
>>83456243
Same reason Reed Richards doesn't cure cancer despite the fact it should be as easy as changing a lightbulb.

They don't want to separate the Marvel/DC Universe too much from our universe, despite already being worlds of sci-fi tech, aliens, and magic.
>>
>>83459412
This is the most retarded statement ever. Assad wasn't murdering his own people despite what the western media tells you. ISIS is the one massacring Christians, not wahabi muslims and kurds.

Stop being so retarded about what is going on or at least have the common sense of not talking about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>83461981
I'm pretty sure that in DC at lest the only times things like cancer make an impact is street level books and when lex is telling everyone he cured it but can't trust superman to not destroy the cure
>>
>>83459755
>United States of the Zionist Emirate in charge of not making things worse
Don't forget the part where the CIA and the Pentagon have been fighting each other through proxy rebel groups.
>>
>>83459344
>>83456422
I'm still not sure if it's hypocrisy, or a show of the times that a decade and a half after 9/11, it's still not okay to make fun of anything related to it, and stuff like "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" is seen as black humour, while a ton of stuff like this existed since as early as 3 years after WWII:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YtFG0kENs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSUEU7ISfQ
>>
And while we're at it, why isn't Flag smasher taking advantage of the refugee crisis to attack government border control enforcement, and cause chaos?
>>
>>83461981

I swear I thought Wakanda had the cure for cancer. And I'm pretty sure Norman Osborn weaponized it in an effort to kill Deadpool.
>>
>>83462116
Nah that is just retarded planning. This idiots only have one manual and that is usually is "support rebel groups" thinking that several rebel groups would rather support each other and attack the big enemy on the basis of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and then backfire because in the muslim world there are separations that go beyond the obvious ones which makes the entire region a mess for those that don't know shit about the segregation in the islamic world.
>>
>>83462184
I haven't read that.
Does it have a line like this?
>You're a disease Deadpool, and I've got the cure!
>>
>>83462126
Because Japan isn't as important as America, anon
>>
Although not in the same universe, op should read Morrison's first JLA arc to answer his inane question.
>>
>>83459412
It exists because America and their allies have been engaged in a decade long campaign of toppling Arab nationalist dictators who brutally suppressed Islamic extremists, then allowing said extremists fill the resulting power vacuum.

I don't know what the fucking endgame is but a "War on Terror" that empowers the terrorists seemingly by design rather than accident is some 1984 shit.
>>
>>83456243
Obviously there is SUPER ISIS in that world.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.