[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Childhood-ruined-tier adaptations.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: wayside.jpg (447 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
wayside.jpg
447 KB, 2000x1125
ITT: Childhood-ruined-tier adaptations.
>>
>>83293049
FFFFFffffuck you for reminding me this exists. I fucking loved those books and this show was garbage.
>>
>>83293049
Can I just say something?
I've never read the books actually, so I have no idea how bad an adaption it was. I actually thought it was a nice show. I also thought pic related was a terrible adaption too, but /co/ seems to love it for some reason.
>>
I love the Mouse House Marsupilami show, But I understand any Franquin Fan who is triggered by it
>>
>>83293049
Who could even do a good Wayside? The books are so odd I can't imagine a cartoon ever getting made without being ruined by networks.

Laika could do it
>>
>>83293049
>Childhood-ruined

unless you were actually abused as a kid, saying this just makes you look like a sperglord. You're probably too old to be watching cartoons like that anyway, let alone posting about them on the internet.
>>
>>83293264
It was awful as your opinion on Mystery Incorporated.
>>
>>83293264
Greatest thing ever done with the franchise.
>>
>>83294314

Except the Skooks shorts that is.
>>
File: skooks34.gif (683 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
skooks34.gif
683 KB, 500x375
>>83294314
>Edgy as fuck Scooby Doo
>Scooby Doo killing nazi soliders with a machine gun.
>Scooby Doo learning he's a lovecraftian abomination.
>Scooby Doo where the gang has been so flanderized they're all retarded assholes.
>Greatest thing ever done.

Next I suppose you'll want Josie and the Pussycats as a dramedy about a a teenage terrorist unit disguised as a pop band trying to kill the president while solving wacky mysteries.
>>
>>83294537
>>Edgy as fuck Scooby Doo
>>Scooby Doo killing nazi soliders with a machine gun.
>>Scooby Doo learning he's a lovecraftian abomination.
>>Scooby Doo where the gang has been so flanderized they're all retarded assholes.
>>Greatest thing ever done.
What?!
>>
>>83294114
My stepfather would molest me every few weeks. He always had SpongeBob playing on the TV to distract me while he did it. To this day I get burning rage and shame whenever I so much as see a SpongeBob reaction image.
>>
Being an anon from tacoland never read any of the books any scans of them to know why everyone dislikes this?
>>
File: TeenTitansTogether[1].png (177 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansTogether[1].png
177 KB, 500x348
>>
>>83293104
Oh god...i always wanted to make an adaption...what the fuck is this? At the very least, live action or go home...
>>
>>83294936
What
>>
File: latest.jpg (19 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
19 KB, 480x269
it's so strange, I've seen the cartoon before reading the books and I loved it.

But after reading the books, I felt that the cartoon was a terrible and unfaithful adaptation.
>>
>>83295016
What?
>>
>>83293104
i remember when i actually saw the book, evil witch teacher turned into an apple and eaten
>>
>>83295257

That chapter about the rude new kid who turned out to be a dead rat in dozens of coats.
>>
>>83294936
Fucking this, and yet so many people suck it's cock
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2C3cowD98g

It was based on a 30 page (probably less) children's book (the main change was that the Main character's father was an alien)
>>
File: smith.jpg (15 KB, 236x340) Image search: [Google]
smith.jpg
15 KB, 236x340
>>83294537
>Next I suppose you'll want Josie and the Pussycats as a dramedy about a a teenage terrorist unit disguised as a pop band trying to kill the president while solving wacky mysteries.
Are you suggesting that would be a bad idea?
>>
>>83293264
The books were good, in that way that makes you fondly remember them from your adolescence in a kind of fuzzy, comforting way. The show... is not as good as the books.
Also, Mauricia was a normal girl with an outspoken love of ice cream who was never mentioned or depicted to wear roller skates.
>>
>>83295538
I wrote off the entire show when I saw Louis didn't have his mustache.
>>
>>83295339
Because they are younger and this version of the Titans is their childhood. That's why when they picked up a comic for the first time and saw Starfire in a bikini they said 'childhood ruined'.
>>
I enjoyed the show and the books, but they were completely different things.
>>
File: SUN031GM12_682_865089a.jpg (85 KB, 682x419) Image search: [Google]
SUN031GM12_682_865089a.jpg
85 KB, 682x419
Fuck the 2009 series sucked so bad. How you could make a Dennis the Menace show without him being a menace is beyond me. I have no idea how it got over a hundred episodes.
>>
>>83294537
>Next I suppose you'll want Josie and the Pussycats as a dramedy about a a teenage terrorist unit disguised as a pop band trying to kill the president while solving wacky mysteries.
Anon I think we may want to harvest some more of your bad ideas. Your taste seems to be so terrible that when you try to come up with something mocking and awful it loops back around to amazing.
>>
>>83294537
>flanderized
The "I have no valid criticism so I must resort to TvTropes." response
>>
>>83298455
>>83295357
Is this going to be the next /co/ project?

>Josie and the Pussycats: Killers for Hire.
>>
>>83294683
The show has a series-spanning mystery centering around a cursed treasure beneath the town that escalates into some sweet Hellboy shit involving Nibiru/Planet X conspiracy stuff.
>>
>>83299323
I'd watch it.

What sort of plot would it have though? Why are they assassinating the president and solving mysteries?
>>
File: josie.jpg (91 KB, 400x601) Image search: [Google]
josie.jpg
91 KB, 400x601
>>83299323
Sounds like something they could do alongside Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Adventures.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>83293049
Brambly Hedge
>>
>>83294777
Your clever plan has failed.
>>
>>83293049
The Redwall cartoon could have been done so much better.
>>
>>83293264

ok...I always felt that since velma wore a sweater they drew the outline of her bust a little more to give her a definite silhouette back in the day, but this picture here...they actually gave velma D or E-Cups didn't they?
>>
>>83295538
My favorite student was the kid way in the back who had an addiction to pulling girls' hair.

Or that little chad who was always dissing everyone in rhyme, like "Catch a train, peabrain" or whatever.
>>
>>83302646
Redwall was too hardcore for a children's show. Fuckers got mutiliated, poisoned and boiled alive. It was a real, bloody fantasy story that just happened to star rodents
>>
>>83293049
Didn't have the episode where the substitute teacher killed everyone
0/10
>>
>>83305296

It kinda did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGRrYPlk44
>>
>>83305312
huh, I never actually watched the show, I just figured they'd skip it.

I've been proven wrong.
>>
>>83295168
What was with Andy though
>>
>>83294936
>waaaah I don't like animesque style
Get the fuck over it, you autistic dip.
>>
File: this is how I roll nigga.jpg (135 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
this is how I roll nigga.jpg
135 KB, 640x480
I don't really qualify for the topic.

I liked Cyborg in Teen Titans but every other incarnation of him is just typical capeshit nonsense. This sticks with me because I'm not interested in reading/watching blacks at all, so to find a black character I like is exceedingly rare for me. Teen Titans as a whole was amazing though. Point is I'd love to see him in something again which I could like.
>>
>>83305724
autism most likely
>>
>>83302518
It was turbo cozy, though
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.