[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be about the feminist movement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 600x350
Will it be about the feminist movement?
>>
>>83268181
Who gives a fuck.
>>
Wonder Woman shames men into dying in World War 1 and teams up with the Christfags to get alcohol banned.
>>
Wonder Woman's a feminist icon, right? It's baked into the DNA of the character.

Our only hope is it isn't as forced/cringy as it was in the DC animated movie.
>>
That would actually be way more interesting than what they're doing with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 397x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 397x270
>>83268181

It's going to shit all over the millennial feminist movement.
>>
>>83268181
No, it's going to be about Wonder Woman leading the Amazons into a 300 style battle against Aries' legions. After that, Diana gets into a final battle with Cheetah that looks like it might be a sexy catfight, but then it gets all brutal and gorey because Snyder. It ends in dismemberment/decapitation.
>>
>>83268181
sperm bank
>>
>>83268535
Man, I really hate that they're going for the more violent, edgier route for WW. I guess it makes sense for the tone that Snyder has already established for the universe. But despite that, I hate how for whatever reason, when a lot of women want to write a female superhero, they feel the need to make her all edgy and have her get into a lot of bloody scrapes.
>>
YO this wonder women is so sexy, I want her to dominate my dick while holding the shield having the lasso around my long ass black dick
>>
>>83268642
Um...they had mother fucker getting decapitated in the cartoon(not to mention she offed a fucking kid in Flashpoint) don't even get me started on her hatred of the human neck. I know you people tend to either have short memories or are being willfully ignorant or your snyder hate makes you forget what characters he's portraying have done prior to his movies (lol Batman never killed in any other movie but BVS) but a lot of us DO read comics and have seen other movies etc with these characters and remember them
>>
>>83269594
The WW 2009 movie was never good. And WW being violent was never a good direction to take the character either.

Yeah I read comics too, motherfucker. What's your point?
>>
>>83268535
>edgy WW
DianasuckingClarksdick.jpg
>>
>>83268535
>Implying Snyder would ever show a woman being hurt
Please. It'll be WW and Cheetah comparing their penis size with each other, just like the men do.
>>
>>83268181
I won't be seeing this.

Mass movie goers who continue to support DCs stupid fucking bullshit should be shot. They allow movies like TMNT, Transformers, and GI Joe to keep being made.
>>
>>83269731
I'll be seeing this as a fan of Wondy and to show my support for female superheroes, but I know it'll most likely be shit.

Plus, I AM curious about the movie.
>>
>>83269815
Don't support shit films.
>>
>>83269683
WW is a fucking Amazon, Amazon's kill.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1175x651) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1175x651
>>83268181
>not making it about bondage
>>
>>83268642
>when a lot of women want to write a female superhero, they feel the need to make her all edgy and have her get into a lot of bloody scrapes.
What the fuck are you talking about? Virtually every single female character book out there today is the most pc safe childish garbage Imaginable.
A entire recent issue of Hellcat was about her combating regular bedbugs...
A mature epically violent Wonder Woman portrayal is a incredible breath of fresh air.
>The WW 2009 movie was never good
Yes it fucking is.
>Implying Snyder would ever show a woman being hurt
... did you not see Sucker Punch?
>>
>>83269823
i don't which is why i never got to see Marvel movies
>>
>>83269895
Marvel movies quality are all over the scale. Some are great, some are cheesy and bad.

DC's films have been simply bad. Batman and Robin levels.
>>
>>83269731
But Mos was vastly better then all the Bayformers, first Gi Joe & TMNT combined.
And BVS was better then any individual one of them easy also despite its flaws.
>>
>>83269938
No it wasn't. It wasn't as cheesy or cringeworthy, but just because it tried to be serious doesn't mean it wasn't just as bad and over the top and fucking nonsensical.

BvS was horrible and had maybe a couple neat action scenes. BvS is painful to watch and cringeworthy in most places in the film and makes no sense at all. The entire premise of the film doesn't even work and doesn't make sense in the movie either.
>>
>>83269863
>>83269863
WW didn't even really kill until the mid-00's.
>>
>>83269889
He also put a rape scene in 300. Sssure, she stabbed him later on in the film, but that doesn't change the fact that Leonidas' wife got raped.
>>
Allegorically yes.
>>
>>83269889
>What the fuck are you talking about? Virtually every single female character book out there today is the most pc safe childish garbage Imaginable.
That's not true and you know it. Rat Queens? Tomboy? Come on, son.

>... did you not see Sucker Punch?
What did that even remotely have anything to do with my post.
>>
>>83268181
it will play out like a tumblr user wrote it.
with ham fisted lines from a ham planet writer
>>
>>83269937
>Batman and Robin levels.
Except that's the most preposterous thing I have ever read on the face of the earth.
There is not 1 single postive thing to say about B&R beyond the Mr Freeze outfit used to look cool but is dated now.

While BVS has the best Batman & Bruce portrayal in live action so far and the best Batman fight scene we have ever gotten in live action. Along many other good things.
MOS is fucking incredible and even it's worst scene the tornado sequence alone is better then anything in B&R.
Fuck off.
>>
These DC movies are just doing worse and worse. Wonder Woman is going to underperform.
>>
I hope it's good. Through all of this shit flinging I just really want more good movies. I'm not going to see it opening night, but if it's good I'll check it opening week or so. I'm just worried if it flops these companies will take it as more proof that people aren't interested in female superheroes.
>>
File: thats-my-secret-kbfgj5.jpg (40 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
thats-my-secret-kbfgj5.jpg
40 KB, 600x337
>>83270065
>While BVS has the best Batman & Bruce portrayal in live action so far

>MOS is fucking incredible
>>
>>83269969
There is nothing nonsensical in MOS in anyway.
And there is nothing over the top or silly in it ether. Powerful & epic sure but not exaggerated or unbelievable for the character.
>>
>>83270079
>I'm just worried if it flops these companies will take it as more proof that people aren't interested in female superheroes.

That's not what anyone fucking thinks. Female leads have been popular in action flicks for a long time. They just have to have a good story and be, you know, competently written.

>>83270113
>There is nothing nonsensical in MOS in anyway.
>And there is nothing over the top or silly in it ether.

>Powerful & epic
>>
>>83270021
Why you care about rape so much? People got killed all the time in the film and you think that the rape was too much? Murder>rape
>>
>>83270021
Equality means women suffer like everyone else.
Fuck off.
>>
>>83270135
>People got killed all the time in the film and you think that the rape was too much? Murder>rape

What? I'm pretty sure just about everybody would rather die than be raped
>>
>>83270091
BVS Batman is the best live action Batman so far. No matter what you thought of the rest of the film that much is true.
>>
>>83270091
Telling the truth equals being triggered lol.
>>
>>83270065
>>83270113
Is this samefag serious right now?

Man of Steel is one of the worst super hero films and got worse ratings than Superman Returns. MoS is a clusterfuck of a movie, bland, poorly written, and poorly acted. No one cared about that film and a movie about Superman made less money than a movie about Iron Man has made.

There's nothing powerful or epic in either film, and the writing is all over the place for the characters, including Superman's actions and the way he "saves" people. In fact there's no scenes of him just fighting crime like a super hero.

The best live action portrayal of Batman has long been Michael Keaton, and that's always been understood. Ben Affleck was just mediocre and written to be edgy.
>>
>>83270174
But what if you were raped..to death?
>>
File: p194693_d_v8_aa.jpg (482 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p194693_d_v8_aa.jpg
482 KB, 960x1440
>>83268293
What that movie was great
>>
>>83270177
>BVS Batman is the best live action Batman so far.
>>
>>83270227
It really wasn't.
>>
>>83268181
Nah to soon since the last time they overdid the feminism part of her character
>>
>>83270195
>best portrayal of Batman
>Micheal Keaton
This is funny considering he killed just as many if not more mooks in him films as Batfleck.

Also no he is now the second best, after Batfleck.
>>
>>83270258
>Also no he is now the second best, after Batfleck.

Said no one ever, except you.
>>
>>83270258
No one gives a shit about your edgy shitflick full of bad CGI and stupid fucking casting choices. BvS was one of the worst movies of this decade.
>>
>>83270040
>That's not true and you know it. Rat Queens? Tomboy? Come on, son.
I'm talking about super hero comics only.
Electra was serious but canceled almost immediately
>>
>>83270174
>trauma that can be overcome is somehow worse than the permanent state of death
>>
>>83270270
>said no one
said a lot of people actually. also keep glossing over Keaton's kill count while calling Batfleck "edgy"
>>
>>83270294
>being this mad

Truth hurts, anon i know. But every thing people shit on Batfleck for, Keaton did the same shit. Don't be mad that Batfleck is actually scary, imposing (unlike Batmanlet Keaton) and has the GOAT Alfred too.
>>
>>83269938
>despite its flaws
BvS had no flaws.
>>
>>83270314
>said a lot of people actually
Who either haven't seen the Tim Burton films or don't give a shit. BvS was one of the worst films of this decade and under performed at the box office. Ben Affleck was an incredibly generic, bland Batman that followed the character rather than added to the character like Heath Ledger's Joker or even Jack Nicholson's Joker.

Affleck didn't add anything to the character.
>>
>>83270179
That's usually how it works, yeah.
>>
>>83270314
>>83270360
>>83270362
What kind of trolling is this

The acting, casting choices, CGI, and everything about that movie was a fucking disaster.
>>
>>83270195
>Man of Steel is one of the worst super hero films
If your a campfag which most movie goers are hence the ratings and the love for GOTG.
It didn't have a single bad performance in it.
>and the writing is all over the place for the characters, including Superman's actions and the way he "saves" people
How is him rationally choosing to focus on saving the entire population of the world instead of individuals in this situation equal being all over the palace?
>Ben Affleck was just mediocre and written to be edgy.
You just negated everything about your opinion.
Cannibal fucking holocaust is edgy. This is a billion light years from being edgy.
You not liking seriousness doesn't make it technically flawed for being such.
>>
>>83270126
>"Why don't you fight me like a man?"
>"How bout I kick your ass... LIKE A WOMAN"
>>
>>83270462
>It didn't have a single bad performance in it.
Except like every character, including a dumbass red headed Lois Lane who was all over the dumbass place because the director forced her into areas she would have never been in for the sake of muh inclusion.

I can't even explain this to you if you are this out of touch with how fucked that movie was.
>>
File: Diana - Wonder Woman.jpg (3 MB, 1928x3032) Image search: [Google]
Diana - Wonder Woman.jpg
3 MB, 1928x3032
>>83268642

It does seem like her warrior side gets more of an emphasis a lot of the time.
>>
>>83270476
>You're strong!!!

>... Girl power...

>Wonder Woman coming 2017, come see Cyborg and Beat Boy coming in 2018, Justice League in 2019, come watch them fight Darkseid at the same time as they fight Thanos in Marvel, please watch. Also, Lex Luthor is Facebook villain.
>>
MCU produces Wondy film, what's gonna happen? What's the story? What's the tone of the film? Where's the setting?
Themes? Will Wondy get a girlfriend?
>>
>>83270395
NOthing "Bland" or "generic" about him, you're confusing him with nolanbats or something. Batfleck looks like he stepped off the comic page, he is imposing, fucking scary, all his scenes were memorable from the first scene with him saving the girls from the sex traffickers to the fucking warehouse fight. Hes the first time batgod has come to the big screen and his solo films will blow all the rest out of the water no doubt since Batfleck is a great director in his own right.
>>
>>83270298
Ehh...to be fair, that's more of a very recent trend. It can't be more than 1-2 years old by this point.

>>83270515
THANK YOU

WW is more than just a warrior Amazon. She's also very kind, compassionate, and loving. They need to show that side of the character if they want to get WW right.
>>
>>83270430
>casting choices

What? Casting has been spot on thus far in the DCEU. That's not definitely not one of its issues.

>>83270395
Even most of the reviews that trashed the movie complimented Affleck's performance.
>>
>>83270462
I quite liked Affleck's Batman, he carried the whole movie for me. Even so, the decision to make him brand criminals was pure edge. It doesn't even make sense within the context of the film. A bat brand is essentially a death sentence? Wouldn't the brand be a bragging point and make criminals more popular in prison?
>>
>>83270362
Seriously I strongly like the film but stop it with this fucking shit. You Making real fans of it look bad.

>>83270430
Except even the worst cast person Jesse did good for what they chose to do with him they just should not have chose to give us a young Lex mixed with Gene's Lex mixed with 50s/60s mad scientist Lex.

>CGI
Was perfectly fine.
>>
>>83270174
You are wrong dude. Plunge a thousand rancid cocks into my asshole instead of killing me, please.
>>
File: 1459456918614.jpg (52 KB, 320x429) Image search: [Google]
1459456918614.jpg
52 KB, 320x429
>>83269883

They'll probably reference it in some tongue-in-cheek way unless it's no fun allowed.
>>
>>83270559
Except he was the most generic Batman you could be. And as edgy and dark as possible in a movie already overloaded with dark edgy campiness.

>>83270572
No they haven't been, please just fuck off.

>>83270577
I don't really understand. It's like two delusional and totally out of touch people worshiping Man of Steel and Batman v Superman saying they had no flaws. Like, those movies were fucking garbage.
>>
>>83270613
There's a difference between not liking aspects of a movie and there being flaws. People don't have to like the movie, but to say that it is bad or that it has flaws would be a lie.
>>
>Director: Patty Jenkins
I'm guessing the tone will be like the Thor The Dark World movie she wanted to make.
>>
>>83270613
>Was perfectly fine
Except how it looked awful and they used way too fucking much of it over and over again and it might as well have been a cartoon.

What the fuck is wrong with you, are you from Brazil or something.
>>
If you had a teenage daughter, would you rather her get killed or get raped?
>>
>>83270636
>No they haven't been, please just fuck off.
Please elaborate then.
>>
File: 1431236221310.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1431236221310.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>>83270662
>People don't have to like the movie, but to say that it is bad or that it has flaws would be a lie.
>>
>>83270498
This was the best non TV Lois we have ever gotten, she wasn't a bitch, she wasn't hysterical or played for slap stick they built her relationship with Clark out of nature trust.
And her jumping across town to see Clark slay Zod has nothing to do with Amy's performance.
Fuck off.
>>
>>83270636
Just keep throwing out buzzwords with no real argument as to why he wasn't a good Batman.
>>
>>83270701
>And her jumping across town to see Clark slay Zod has nothing to do with Amy's performance.

Except when they requested she board that fucking ship out of nowhere and had her there... Because the writing called for it.
>>
>>83270672

Only a psychopath would choose the second option.
>>
>>83270672
Preferably neither, but I guess rape. You never know, she might not remember a thing and then we can all move on with our lives.
>>
>>83270577
>A bat brand is essentially a death sentence?
Yes because he only brands pedos and such lowest of the low that even other criminals despise.
>>
>>83270636
>Affleck carried the movie for me
>I'm worshiping MoS and BvS

Don't get me wrong. I hate Man of Steel, and I think BvS was a solid 4/10. But I still liked Ben Affleck.
>>
>>83270672
>if you had a teenage daughter

Good riddance.
>>
>>83270773
No, not you. I was saying the people you were responding to. I agree Ben Affleck was good, but he doesn't beat Keaton.
>>
>>83270769
Oh, so when he didn't brand Luthor, it wasn't because he changed. It's just because Luthor wasn't a sex criminal.
>>
>>83270636
They absolutely had flaws. BVS more so. But they are FAR from garbage.
>>
>>83270836
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>83270836
Man of Steel and BvS were both trash, garbage films shit out by DC in a mad dash to scramble some eggs into a DC Cinematic Universe to compete with Marvel. They didn't spend the time to develop the universe like Marvel did and just slapped characters together in a stupid ass way.

Man of Steel was awful, and Batman v Superman continued the trend into an even more awful film.

Continuing to support DC at this point and saying the films weren't garbage is like asking for shit on your face.
>>
>>83270724
Yes Zod had her aboard as a hostage in case Clark didn't have as severe a reaction as he did and could still fight.
>>
>>83270836
How? MoS's flaws were Lois being annoying and Pa Kent being a bad character. Both of those things were fixed in BvS.
>>
>>83270898
Zod didn't know she meant anything to Clark. It was incredibly shoe horned in and poorly written.
>>
>>83270905
>saying BvS "fixed" issues
>thinking BvS was good in any way, shape, or form

You can't be a native English speaker. You have to be from another country. This is crazy. It's like bizzaro land. No one liked that fucking movie.
>>
>>83270883
Except MOS has more world building in terms of giving us a idea of whole this world is and how it's people act and behave in general then the MCU has ever given us.
>>
>>83270905
I actually liked BvS, but Lois played far too much of a prominent role in that movie, especially considering she is easily the most boring character involved.
>>
>>83270498
>Except like every character, including a dumbass red headed Lois Lane who was all over the dumbass place because the director forced her into areas she would have never been in for the sake of muh inclusion.

Isn't Lois Lane getting herself in over her head and requiring Superman to save her then acting all tsundere about it like her entire shtick?
>>
>>83270960
Ugh. I'm done.
>>
>>83270960
This HAS to be fucking trolling.
The only other option is this person is a foreigner or they are the dumbest mother fucker on /co/ right now.
>>
>>83270952
Looks like someone's triggered easily. BvS was a masterpiece. 10/10.

>>83270966
I don't think her role was that big, but it's pretty hard to balance her from just being a damsel in distress and taking over the show for no reason. I think they did an okay job at giving her something to do.
>>
>>83271046
>Looks like someone's triggered easily. BvS was a masterpiece. 10/10.
hahaha
>>
>>83268181
No, Feminism wasn't a thing for like, 50 years after the movie is set.

It will probably have Suffragist elements to it, though.
>>
>>83270227
It was okay, and feminism wasn't shoehorned but explained, defied and ultimately subverted
>>
>>83271031
No more hyperbolic than the "BvS and MoS are both garbage with literally no redeeming qualities" posts that I'm seeing.
>>
>>83271103
They are both garbage with no redeeming qualities. Believe it or not, there are films that don't hold up at all and are just bad throughout the entire duration.
>>
>>83271046
Except her investigation into the bullet was ultimately pointless because she never communicates her findings to anyone, and Superman figures out Lex's manipulation all by himself.
>>
>>83271103
BvS had Lois's tits so that had it going for it.
>>
>>83270905
Lois wasn't annoying at all to me and them giving us a cynical realist take on Pa doesn't make him a bad character.

BVS had its own problems... (again I still strongly like it)
>Clark never getting any happy scenes.
>Clark should have had a stronger reaction to the bombing.
>Clark should have tried to talk Batman down some more after the first dose of Kryptonite wore off.
>Lois throwing the spear in the pool was just a excuse for Clark to have to save her again (I fully forgive this one as I liked Clarks goodbye to her that came from it)
>"Martha" was a bit weak altho I think Ben sold it emotionally.
>>83270932
They probably monitored them waiting together for Clark to surrender.
And they had access to the Internet and read Lois's story and knew Clark saved her.
>>
>>83271103
Why the fuck would you defend MoS and BvS? Those movies are horse shit.

>But they had some good parts and some redeeming qualities

That doesn't somehow make a movie not fucking shit.

>Wow this one scene was cool, this one actor did well

In a sea of shit.
>>
>>83271046
>>83271139
She also throws the spear into the water and then fails trying to get it back and has to be saved by Superman again.
>>
>>83271139
>>83271173
WRONG, ALL WRONG

I'VE SEEN EVERY SUPERMAN FILM SINCE MAN OF STEEL AND I'VE WRITTEN OVER 100 WIKI ARTICLES ON SUPERMAN

I SPEND 10 HOURS A DAY ON 4CHAN AND MOS AND BVS ARE THE BEST SUPER HERO FILMS EVER MADE... 10/10 FILMS

PS

EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO TEAM UP AND WRITE A SCRIPT TOGETHER
I CAN MAKE IT BETTER BY ADDING FUNNY THINGS
LIKE VIDEO GAME REFERENCES
AND ANIME SWEAT DROPS
>>
>>83271125
>no redeeming qualities

Cinematography and casting were both top notch, friend.

You guys can argue about story, characterization, and tone all you want, though.
>>
>>83271209
>Cinematography and casting were both top notch, friend.
>casting
>Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
>>
>>83271209
Also, the soundtrack.
>>
>>83271031
Not grolling in anyway. The citizens of the MCU are faceless idiots.
The people of the dceu are realistic cynical people with opinions and ideals and they have a effect on our heroes thru their appreciation or lack there of of Clark's activities. Along with there being consequences to Clark's actions such as villages being raided and destroyed after he saved Lois from the warlord.
>>
>>83271209
You're an incredibly bad and obvious troll at this point.
>>
>>83271046
>Looks like someone's triggered easily. BvS was a masterpiece. 10/10.
BVS was great, but s.top this fucking hyperbole
>>
>>83271263
>cynical people with opinions and ideals and they have a effect on our heroes thru their appreciation or lack there of of Clark's activities.

>Along with there being consequences to Clark's actions such as villages being raided and destroyed after he saved Lois from the warlord.

Yeah, that's never happened in any MCU movie.
>>
>>83271263

The
Very
First
MCU
Movie
Called
Iron Man
Focuses
Heavily
On
Tony Stark's
Effect
On People
And
What
His
Weapons
Do
To
Villages
Being
Raided
By
Them

Circa 2008.
>>
>>83271209
>>83271267
Agreed. The story, characterization, and tone were great too.
>>
>>83271296
Until Civil War no.
>>
>>83271263
>The people of the dceu are realistic cynical people with opinions and ideals and they have a effect on our heroes thru their appreciation or lack there of of Clark's activities. Along with there being consequences to Clark's actions such as villages being raided and destroyed after he saved Lois from the warlord.

Are you retarded
You can't spell and can barely convey thoughts that make any sense.

Everything you said happens in almost every Marvel movie, even in fucking Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>83271267
...For liking certain portions of movies? None of my posts have been hyperbolic, nor have I insulted anyone. Meanwhile, you're just dismissing all points by saying "garbage" over and over again.

>>83271245
I don't think your problem is with Jesse, but rather the direction of the character.
>>
>>83271335
That not a sense of the world itself that's just that one Islamic country.
>>
>>83271278
I honestly believe this. I would give it a 9.8/10 but I usually round movies up because of my generosity.
>>
BvS was literally perfect
It managed to show the true power... of DC. And it showed things the MCU has never shown, like real effects on real people.
>>
>>83271379
The spelling is a result of my mobile being crap.

It's not half as important in the MCU as it is in BVS where it is pretty much the motivator of the plot.
>>
File: 57.png (242 KB, 395x300) Image search: [Google]
57.png
242 KB, 395x300
>walk in thread
>ready to shit on feminism ideals

>"BvS was 10/10"
>MoS was flawless
>MCU is shit

Bye.
>>
>>83271392
>I don't think your problem is with Jesse, but rather the direction of the character.
No, it was awful on both fronts there, buddy.
>>
>>83271421
DC Comics... Direct Current Comics.
It's almost a metaphor for Directing the Cinema Current into your brain at this point. They've done what no one else can. Make a real film that relates.
>>
>>83271466
This is silly hyperbole. The film was certainly not awful on any fronts, and with respect to that, I would rate it a 9.4 out of 10 but I usually round down.

>>83271481
DC Comics stands for Detective Comics Comics, friend.
>>
>>83271449
I never said the MCU was shit.
I'm just saying it doesn't have some grand brilliant world building that is absent from MOS/BVS.
They set this world up fantasticly in both films.
I will conceede Snyder dropped the ball In not adressing the destruction in MOS.
But the world building is still solid.
>>
>>83271421
This.

>>83271530
>They set this world up fantasticly in both films.
>I will conceede Snyder dropped the ball In not adressing the destruction in MOS.

Snyder masterfully crafted a world that understood destruction and understood the alien powers that were at hand. He's truly a visionary and no balls were dropped, friend.
>>
File: 1411697504919.jpg (21 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
1411697504919.jpg
21 KB, 300x192
>>83271521
>This is silly hyperbole. The film was certainly not awful on any fronts, and with respect to that, I would rate it a 9.4 out of 10 but I usually round down.
I am so obviously talking to a troll that it's not even funny.
>>
>>83271562
>calling anyone with a different opinion a troll

I was just joking a bit, because one anon said he rounds up here
>>83271398

My final rating is a 9/10 with an extra large soda to enjoy during the next films, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg.
>>
so like why did lex have his own lex-brand bullets when regular bullets have been killing people just fine since their inception
>>
Ben Affleck gets Batman like no one else did.
When I was watching BvS, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor because what he delivered in his performance was a character who jumped right off the pages of the Batman vs Superman comic I was reading before the film started. (Technically I read it on my phone's comic book reader, or CBR, so I guess it jumped off the screen.)
>>
>>83271584
>I was just joking a bit, because one anon said he rounds up here
Even still, I am literally talking to someone who thinks that BvS was amazing.
>>
>>83271562
I know right. 9.4/10 is quite the lowball for such a fantastic movie.
>>
>>83271605
Lex is egotistical and needs his name on everything. It was brilliant. It actually brought the character to life in a way no other film has done before and in a way Marvel could never do with it's characters. Subtle touches like that are why the movie garnered a 10/10 on review sites and in cinema magazines. Lex felt like a real person that you could see doing what he did in real life. The world building was superb and it felt cynical and gritty and realistic.
>>
What they've done with these movies... No... Worlds on film... Is something that we're just now seeing the start of. Hold onto your hats, guys. If Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are any indication of what Wonder Woman will be like ,we're in for one hell of a fun an great movie ride.
>>
>>83271661
This. It was visceral.
Like this anon said
>>83271530
The world building was solid and real. It felt like an actual world I could go to and buy a coffee in or something, haha.
>>
>>83271584
>>calling anyone with a different opinion a troll
Honestly bro you might as well admit to trolling even if you're not because that'd be the most respect worthy option at this point.
>>
File: 8nKWN.png (603 KB, 582x550) Image search: [Google]
8nKWN.png
603 KB, 582x550
>people talking about Wonder Woman like it'll be good
>Thinking Gal Gadot can carry a movie
>Thinking Gal Gadot is a good actor in any way

>Thinking Man of Steel and BvS are good movies, and didn't fucking suck

This thread is fuckin shit.
>>
>that one anon going on about world building memes
>saying the MCU has had no world building and the people are faceless

>there's literally fuckloads of people in each movie reacting and dealing with the super heroes

God damn how many fucking mental gymnastics do these people have to go through to convince themselves of their dumbass shit.
>>
>>83271741
>I can't respect your different opinion because I'm a camp fag and am allergic to anything I perceive as edgy.
>>
>>83271797
I never fucking said it didn't have world building I'm saying the dceu did also altho it handled it differently.
>>
>>83271844
Just shut the fuck up you moron.
>>
>>83271866
I fucking defy you to explain how they didn't set the world up properly.
>>
>>83271898
I fucking defy you to get off your stupid fucking iPhone 6s and make a coherent post for once.

Sent from my iPad 4
>>
>>83268181
So since BvS and MoS were both great movies, the Wonder Woman movie will be good too, right? I hope WB doesn't back down from the backlash.
>>
>>83268181
It has to be connected to MoS and BvS and I have honestly little to no idea how you can even get an enjoyable movie out of that. Both MoS and BvS are two of the most dour movies I have ever seen in my life. Not saying that they don't have any redeeming qualities whatsoever, just that they were both dour to the extreme. And throughout at that, especially BvS.
>>
>>83271815
Nah, I can't respect your opinion because you hide behind weasel words. It has nothing to do with you liking the movie and everything to do with your defense of it reading like you're trying to make use of a word of the day calendar.
>>
File: 20505992.png (207 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
20505992.png
207 KB, 474x474
>>83271930
>So since BvS and MoS were both great movies, the Wonder Woman movie will be good too, right?
>>
All I wanted was a good DC film universe.

With Marvel doing it, it didn't seem like too much to ask.

Man of Steel sucked. They could do better, right. that's what I used to think. Then I saw Batman v Superman.

the feelings I had leaving the theater. the total silence of fellow moviegoers, normally talkative and excited about what they just saw.

Kill me.
>>
>>83271932
Having fun at the movies is for children not mature adults like me.
>>
>>83271951
The people that dismissed it as edgy are the people that started the weasel word crap not me.
>>
>>83271932
It's set in world war 1, dour is inherent to it.
>>
With it's release sandwiched between Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5, and at the same time as Captain Underpants and Bad Boys 3, it almost doesn't matter whether WW is a good movie or not.
>>
>>83272032
I don't think you even know what weasel words are.
>>
>>83272073
It's guaranteed shit. Gal Gadot is an awful fucking actor.
>>
>>83272015
Except being mature and serious doesn't equal being less fun.
Bvs was fucking awesome. The situations and characters being serious doesn't negate that.
>>
>>83272032
Even were that the case the kino meme prevents that from being so that doesn't make you right or smart for doing it too. It just makes you as dumb as the lowest common denominator criticizing your precious Snyder movies. Step your game up, senpai.
>>
>>83272032
Batman was fucking pure edgy in BvS.
How deluded do you have to be to say he wasn't.

>>83272103
>Bvs was fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1424898544438.png (462 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
1424898544438.png
462 KB, 850x506
>>83272116
>precious Snyder movies
>Precious being used in a sarcastic way alert activated

DON'T ATTACK SNYDER
HE'S MY IDOL
AND THIS IS PROBABLY MY ONE CHANCE TO MEET HIM BY BEING AN EXTRA ON A FUTURE MOVIE
>>
>>83272085
Bullshit she was perfectly servicible in Fast & good in BVS.
>>
>>83272116
I have never used kino in my fucking life.
I was talking about this thread specifically.
I wouldn't have called people campfags if they didn't dismiss stuff as edgy.
>>
>>83272155
Oh god.
>>
>>83272118
The Blob eating the Wasp corpse in Ultimatum was edgy, a Batman willing to kill when needed like Cap or Thor isn't edgy.
>>
>>83272059
>dour is inherent to it
Yeah. And I can't help but think that's a shame.

I would like to clarify though that it's not as if I can't approve of dour movies. They have their place. They can be good. I just can't help but find it shocking by just how extremely dour the DC movies are being, but above all and this is the real kicker, that they're all shaping up to be dour and in the same tone. That's it really. If we were talking about one or two exceptions that would be one thing. But to dish out core of your entire movie franchise, including the movies directly succeeding it, and have them in a row with all of them being in the same dour tone. Then that's just too much.

I've read that they've restructured whose in charge of the movies to some extent, and that sounds a little bit promising. But it still doesn't really change the above and everything else still has to be connected to the above. And the above is already set in stone.
>>
>>83272073
This. WW has a lot of competition and all of it's pretty strong especially given the fact that it's going in with a broken leg.
>>
>>83272249
>And the above is already set in stone

You mean set in shit.
>>
>>83270395
>under-performed at the box office
You are aware BvS made 82 million its first day, and made over 500 million globally within five? It is the largest amount made by a Batman movie, ever. Don't say it under-performed when it raked in mad cash.
>>
>>83272311
Do you know that movie needed to break a billion to be profitable especially after Man of Steel lost money too
>>
>>83272311
Even though Warner Bros. Pictures recently said they weren’t concerned with the box office drop that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice saw in its second weekend, dropping 81% Friday-to-Friday and 68% in the overall weekend, a new report seems to indicate otherwise.

Despite the fact that the DC Comics film crossed $700 million worldwide as of yesterday, the movie is not doing as well as the studio hoped, and then there’s a chance that the film may not even cross $1 billion. According to industry insiders, this underperformance at the box office has Warner Bros. rethinking its distribution strategy to take less risks with the movies they release and focus more on sure-thing tentpoles.

It’s important to note that Batman v Superman isn’t exactly a failure at the box office. But with a budget said to be over $300 million when all was said and done, the movie is estimated to make very little profit, and the second weekend drop indicates it won’t have long legs in theaters to pull in enough to meet the forecasted numbers that Warner Bros. was counting on. However, Batman v Superman is just the latest in a series of disappointing returns for the studio, following Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea last year. It’s essentially the straw that broke the camels back.
>>
>>83272209
Is it really a dismissal though?
And Batman being edgy isn't even the problem. It's the fact that there's no contrast between him and Superman that's the problem. The strength of the characters being in a shared narrative is that it provides a contrasting of idealism versus cynicism. Instead, we got cynicism versus even more cynicism, but it;s okay because now one of the cynics sees something that the audience did before they even sat down to watch the thing and what would have been obvious had he spent five minutes looking.

BvS is what's known as a shaggy dog story. Which isn't a good thing.
>>
>>83272311
For what it was though? That's still not great. The two biggest names in the genre and they can't even beat a generic talking animal movie at the box office?

And it set the the record for "biggest drop off of ticket sales". How exactly do you explain that?
>>
>>83272311
The movie cost near 300 million plus the marketing budget, which was fucking huge. Like near 100 million I'm sure.

Movies don't get a lot back from international returns. Which means this movie barely made jack shit.
>>
>>83272358
No its cynicism (batman) vs Idealism that is depressed about the cynicism around him (superman) but who rises past it hence his 2 sacrifices in the film.
>>
>>83272399
It also got wiped by a movie about Captain America and Iron Man, second rate Marvel characters. Batman and Superman are literally prime, first class DC heroes on the level of Spider-Man.
>>
>>83270227
That barefoot fight scene does not make the movie good.
>>
>>83268535
Every time Wonder Woman showed up in BvS, I kept expecting her to start killing Persians.
>>
>>83272457
>Idealism that is depressed about the cynicism around him (superman)
Any character that has a line like "no one stays good forever" cannot be defined as idealistic.

Fact is everything worthwhile that I had to sit through Snyder's shit to get I could've gotten from DBZ fan films for free.
>>
>>83273224
He is a realist idealist.
I loved that he was broken down to the point that he stated that and then proved it wrong by accepting this world as his and dying for it.
>>
>>83270613
>CGI was perfect.

Yeah. Perfectly ripped from turbosquid.com
>>
>>83268181
pretty sure it's going to pander HARD
>>
>>83273576
>He is a realist idealist.
That's like saying a doglike cat or red blue or cold hot. In other words, bullshit. You're so eager to hate on anything you perceive as "campy" that you've looped back around to bathos and don't even realize it.

In fact, do you even know what bathos IS?
>>
>>83272561
debatable
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.