[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brevoort: I think another good parallel to what's going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23
File: 1464354032324.jpg (113 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1464354032324.jpg
113 KB, 986x553
>Brevoort: I think another good parallel to what's going on right now is pretty clearly "Superior Spider-Man" -- particularly at the outset, where there were plenty of readers who were aghast at the idea that we would kill Peter Parker and Doc Ock would take over his body and be Spider-Man. And then in similar games of telephone, and people not looking at the comics but looking at the reporting on the comics, or what have you, it turns into "Spider-Man is raping Mary Jane, because Mary Jane doesn't know he's Doc Ock, this is terrible, Marvel is promoting non-consensual sex." The story wasn't any of that, and what drove a lot of that was just, people felt so strongly for Peter Parker, and were just afraid that he was going to be gone and ruined forever, and they'd never see him again. Once the storyline was closing, and once it was over, suddenly all these people materialized -- some of them the same people -- who were like, "Wow, that was the greatest thing ever, what a roller coaster ride." Part of it was, they could now feel comfortable to approach the story on its own level, because they didn't have to be worried about the ending -- they knew it would be OK. In essence, this is the argument of, "People want to have spoilers. They want to know how the movie ends." I don't really believe that; I think that's just a facile argument used by people who want to make a buck by spoiling things for other people. But there's some truth to the underlying idea that people can get so emotionally worked up about a story that they're experiencing that they can't actually enjoy it until they know everything turns out OK in the end.
He makes a good point. Why the retards always jump to false conclusions over a single page or cover?
>>
>>83228260
because people like to feel triggered and oppressed which allows them to go on a soap box to make themselves feel better
>>
>>83228260
It better not drag on for 30 fucking issues like Superior did, the fun wore off like half way through
>>
>don't worry, obviously this isn't all there is on the matter, just pay $3.99 every month for the next year to find out why this panel isn't representative of the status quo of Captain America

Obviously a lot of the detractors are fucking idiots, let's not have any disagreement on that OP. Like burning copies of the issue, or making stupid arguents at the creators on twitter. Like, calm down and get a life.

But it's disenguous story-telling to present something serially, but disavow serial reactions to it.
>>
>>83228260
>Spider-Man is raping Mary Jane, because Mary Jane doesn't know he's Doc Ock
That was true though.
>Marvel is promoting non-consensual sex.
Why are people so dumb? Just because a character says it doesn't mean that it's the author's views. Ock was always in the wrong, and nobody reading it should have listened to him.
>Wow, that was the greatest thing ever,
No.
>what a roller coaster ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljw8FMz17og

He's generally not wrong though. People getting mad at this don't read comics, and they don't understand that comic plotlines don't last forever. The status quo is God.
>>
>>83228260
I guess he did have "non-consensual" sex with Ana Marie.
>>
>>83228260
tl;dr people are going to be have like fucking retards so it is our god given right to exploit them for easy publicity and profit. Now hand over your $3.99 for a shitty, 20 page comic that will become forgotten within a year
>>
Of all the moral high horses to take, "non-consensual sex" is far from the best available
>>
>>83228501
Hold the line at $2.99
>>
>where there were plenty of readers who were aghast at the idea that we would kill Peter Parker and Doc Ock would take over his body and be Spider-Man
Maybe because assholes like Tom Brevoort outright said to the public that that is exactly what they were doing and SpOck was here to stay.
>>
>>83228542
Not since the 90's
>>
>>83228557
DC is setting most of their comics at 2.99
>>
Who fucking cares about all that shit? Where's US Agent?
>>
>>83228260
http://youtu.be/zWXeRrh7zxs
>>
>>83228260
>He makes a good point. Why the retards always jump to false conclusions over a single page or cover?
maybe if comics moved away from the archaic floppy format and just published trades, we wouldn't have to deal with this clickbait-esque cliffhanger writing.
>>
>>83228419
>But it's disenguous story-telling to present something serially, but disavow serial reactions to it.

Really that's my big gripe.

I know this will all work out via retcon or plot twist or whatever but I still don't like it and Im not gonna pay 4 bucks an issue for 5 to 12 issues for a story I don't like
>>
>>83228419
It's not disavowing serial reactions it's poopooing the knee jerk reactions of people who don't really read the comics or who lack the critical thinking to realize Marvel isn't going to make Captain America a villain forever.
>>
>>83228260
Only a Marvel writer could imply having a parallel with Superior Spider-Man would be a GOOD thing.
>>
>>83228260

Not even superior fans liked it the way it ended. The comic was based entirely on baiting controversy and of course Brevoort would try to make it out as anything else.

This thing with Cap is no different. Marvel should just deal with the negativity they're getting. It sells comics and they were basically asking for it.
>>
>>83228628

No one thinks it's going to last but that doesn't mean they have to like it. Even if it is part of a larger story people can still think that story sucks and not want to pay for it monthly

we don't want to wait a half to full year to see how this shit plays out, we don't want to pay 4 bucks an issue to see how this plays out.
>>
>single issue is all we have to work with
>have no idea what will happen next
>people already throwing hissy fit and won't even considering reading what happens next
How many times did Superman get mind controlled by space frogs and destroy the world?
>>
File: 1360612602233.jpg (117 KB, 449x365) Image search: [Google]
1360612602233.jpg
117 KB, 449x365
>>83228260
>suddenly all these people materialized -- some of them the same people -- who were like, "Wow, that was the greatest thing ever
I love how simply because Peter fags were triggered SpOck fags unironically delude themselves into the belief that long-winded tripe has any significance to the Spider-Man mythos.

"The greatest thing ever?" What self-inflated crock.

It's like watching a dog chases its tail.

>It sold, anon
Spider-Man selling?! What a scoop!
>>
>Huh, looks like Captain America isn't selling as well as it should... again.
>Time to take a shit down the throats of anyone who enjoys these comics in order to drive up sales
>Yeah, eat it up you fucking cockroaches hahaha!
>Thanks for the cash, you filthy insects.
>>
>Once the storyline was closing, and once it was over, suddenly all these people materialized -- some of them the same people -- who were like, "Wow, that was the greatest thing ever
Is he fucking serious? Even SpOck fans thought the closing arc of that story was shit.
>>
>>83228711
>Story sucks
>FUCKING HISSY FIT BABIES

We don't OWE them support dick brain. They want our money. IF we don't like a story we're gonna say it
>>
File: 1396388145704.png (730 KB, 990x607) Image search: [Google]
1396388145704.png
730 KB, 990x607
Never forget.
>>
>>83228569
Yeah DC, not Marvel. Marvel's prices haven't been that low in a long time; at least not most of it's books
>>
File: All might.png (410 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
All might.png
410 KB, 900x1300
Meanwhile in Cape Japan

at least I can get actual heroes somewhere
>>
>>83228628
I definitely agree with you about knee -jerk reactions. There's no need for these people to be idiots and think we're gonna get 50 years of Cap being a villain now, or have over-reacions about "Omg Cap's a nazi now, so disrespectful".

But it's a reaction I see from Brevoort, and other Big2 editors and writers, time and time again. They want big shocks and surprises, and get on their high horse when both fans and "fans" react poorly. Combine that without direct quotes about outrage being good for sales, and my pessimistic and cynical attitude sees a pattern.

Present something on a month by month basis, and people will react to it, and are allowed to react to it, on a month by month basis. It's unreasonable to expect people to wait for 12 months (and $40 dollars) later to react, even though it will then be in full context. When I see the pilot episode of a TV show, I'll react to it, nobody expects me to wait for the season finale, even if we all agree the show could get better.
>>
>>83228842
The suit was neat though.
>>
>>83228802

It's not going to work. They aren't getting my money.

And likely never will again. Im not having my loyal years of patronage shit on and be thrown under the bus like this. Not without penalty
>>
>>83228842

Still, in the end, one of my favorite villains is now gone forever
>>
>>83229121
>forever
You don't understand comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 350x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 350x337
The Joker has more moral high ground than Cap now. Pic related.
>>
>>83229121
You what? Ock is still around.
>>
>>83228625
>I know this will all work out via retcon or plot twist or whatever but I still don't like it and Im not gonna pay 4 bucks an issue for 5 to 12 issues for a story I don't like

This dude basically stated my opinion. It feels stupid to me, I feel like I'm allowed say "this issue I read feels stupid and the twist feels contrived" and things along that line. I'm not gonna read the rest, but I can say how I felt about the first installment, same as the first issue of a tv show, the first movie of a trilogy or whatever. Context of a wider story does matter, but so do individual products. if every story can only be considered in the total context of the entire arc, maybe that's how it should be released.
>>
>>83228842
Better than Peter Parker in every single way.
>>
Anyone got the deusstorage link for standoff: CAp america?
>>
>>83228260
Pretty much everyone working at Marvel needs to be gassed and the last ten years need to be retconned.
>>
File: volstagg.jpg (96 KB, 359x435) Image search: [Google]
volstagg.jpg
96 KB, 359x435
>>83229273
>spockfags still exist
>>
>>83228260
>The story wasn't any of that, and what drove a lot of that was just, people felt so strongly for Peter Parker, and were just afraid that he was going to be gone and ruined forever, and they'd never see him again
And whose fault was that, you fat sack of shit?
>Peter Parker fans will sort of fade away over the months and years - Steve Wacker, another fucking editor at Marvel, 2012
>>
>>83229412
They already ruined Peter Parker with One More Day. Spider-Man is just a lifeless husk running around now.
>>
>>83228260
Nick Spencer seems like the happiest guy in comics right now, based on his twitter and interviews.
>>
>>83229121
He's literally in the new Spider-Man comic. His mind is in the robot body of the Living Brain
>>
>>83229383
>parkerfags
>muh status quo

Grow up.
>>
>>83229517
>Wanting Edgy Villain-Hero
You first
>>
>>83228681
>No one thinks it's going to last
You've clearly missed out on all the outrage from moviefags and SJWs who think that unless they make petitions and harass the writer on twitter then yes, it will last forever.
>>
I really just don't want to support a company that's more interested in trolling it's audience than creating excellent stories

I dropped marvel entirely as soon as brevoot said they wanted to make fans angry.

He may be right that angry fans buy, but Im sure as shit not going to be one of them.
>>
>>83229149
But Cap isn't working with a Nazi. We don't know which faction of HYDRA he's hailing (he could be the head of his own faction for all we know), and the only faction that's associated with Nazis is Red Skull's.
>>
>>83229569
This makes no sense. Why the fuck would angry fans buy? They pissed me off with Ben Reilly and I damn sure stopped buying their shitty books until they brought Peter back.
>>
>>83228625
>>83228835
>>83229090
>>83229231
I don't know why people who didn't like the issue feel alluded. He clearly isn't speaking to you. If you didn't like the issue who gives a fuck. You won't buy anymore (Hahahahaha as if you bought it in the first place) and that will be the end of it.

He's talking about everyone who threw a bitchfest because they saw a single page and automatically branded the whole story shit without having read even the rest of the issue. What's more complained about things that never were there or obviously will turn different.
>>
File: Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg (897 KB, 1444x1097) Image search: [Google]
Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg
897 KB, 1444x1097
>>83228260
>>
So quick question because I haven't been paying too much attention to the Captain America books: does Skull still have Professor X's brain powers? Or was that wiped out during AXIS?
>>
File: N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png (3 MB, 1228x950) Image search: [Google]
N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png
3 MB, 1228x950
>>83229665
>>
>>83229539
>wanting an editor self-insert
Do you still play with your spiderman dolls?
>>
File: 1352838035838.jpg (144 KB, 626x950) Image search: [Google]
1352838035838.jpg
144 KB, 626x950
>>83229617

A list + controversy = publicity

It doesn't really work with C list though. Despite the first issue doing well Arena plummeted and Undercover was dead out the gate
>>
>>83228260
I'm surprised no one has welcomed me to Obama's republic of hittlerstan because of this yet.
>>
>>83229625

No what he's doing is hiding actual criticism of his shitty story and troll tactics behind fanboy outrage.

He's playing the audience for idiots and frankly we've been sick of it for a long time
>>
You guys think this is bad, just wait till the reveal that there's been 3 captain Americas the whole time
>>
>>83229594
It just doesn't add up to me I don't see why Hydra would ever trust him.
>>
Has it finally happened? Have we reached peak on the "Get em Riled" strategy?
>>
>>83229856
That already happened. In the 70s, I think.
>>
>>83229856
And all of them were working for Hydra all this time.

It's funny because THERE HAS BEEN 3 Captain America's all this time! Hell I'm counting 4
>>
>>83229856
I hope one is Bucky Cap.
>>
whatever happened to US Agent
>>
File: bagheeratrippin.gif (367 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
bagheeratrippin.gif
367 KB, 256x255
>>83229483

Spencer seems like the kind of guy that just tries to write interesting and often funny books and gives zero fucks about the online crap, Lieber was and probably still is a lurker here you think they don't talk?
>>
>>83228260
>implying Superior Spider-man's interesting idea wasn't completely squandered by sub-par writing.
>implying any of it mattered 12 months later.
The problem isn't Cap being evil. The problem is everyone around Cap will act out of character to preserve the "secret" which the readers already know. It was sloppy storytelling with Spider-Ock, and it's sloppy storytelling now.
>>
>>83228260
His point is shit because they market it a specific way to make people have these reactions. All he's saying is, yeah, we're lying to you by misrepresenting the premise of the story, in order to push an agenda.
>>
>>83229856
>just wait till the reveal that there's been 3 captain Americas the whole time
I know you're doing a riff on the Joker reveal, but there are literally 3 Captain Americas in 616 right now.
>>
>>83229855

hey, guess what... if you're what counts as the "audience" why the fuck would anyone care what you think

get out more, try actually buying an issue of a comic book for once in your sorryass life
>>
File: notmindcontrol.png (15 KB, 710x169) Image search: [Google]
notmindcontrol.png
15 KB, 710x169
>>83228260
>"Spider-Man is raping Mary Jane, because Mary Jane doesn't know he's Doc Ock, this is terrible, Marvel is promoting non-consensual sex."
>The story wasn't any of that
that's literally what happened though

>Why the retards always jump to false conclusions over a single page or cover?
>false conclusions
you mean the conclusions marvel is feeding people?
I don't know if marvel employees went around lying and saying peter parker was dead for good and doc ock would always be spider-man or something, but they are saying that about cap. see pic, they are not leaving much room for any other possibilities other than them lying or the alternative that everyone is freaking out over
>>
>>83229994
>in order to push an agenda
And that agenda is... selling comics? I don't see what's wrong with trying to get people to notice your product.
>>
>>83230002

That's some great advertising. you must work for deep silver
>>
>>83229994

all they're really doing is playing up the fact that their storylines are triggering social media explosions.

I make mine not Marvel now... but now days people online are gonna kick up a shitfit anyways may as well lean into it.
>>
>>83229855
>He's playing the audience for idiots
The people getting angry about this are legit retards though.
>>
>>83230031
You're missing the point of my argument. The agenda isn't to sell more comics. The agenda is to create controversy through misrepresentation.
>>
>>83230048

I don't have a fucking clue what deep silver is, the fact that you think I'm advertising makes me question your mental faculties
>>
>>83230081
...to sell more comics. what are you two even arguing about?
>>
>>83230100

You don't seem to know what sarcasm is either.
>>
>>83229856
Their have been at least 4 going back to the 40's. Is US Agent still alive? Last I heard he was in the Thunderbolts
>>
>>83229994
What marketing? They didn't spoiled the issue, it was click bait sites. I don't go into their page and see a giant ad Reading 'The comic where Cap becomes a Nazi in stores Now!' Hell, they aren't even advertising the reveal in the solicitations for issue 2 or 3. Marvel's market has nothing to do with people's reaction, they're getting outraged because they like to be.
>>
Maybe people are just sick of shitty shock and outrage gimmicks for sales. Maybe pretending "spotto" to be some amazing worthwhile storytelling that ultimately changed very little of the status quo is not the best defense.
>>
>>83228260
But there's a multitude of reasons why Superior sucked other than 'not muh peter'.
This is just reactionary marketing, it's gimmicky as hell and forces writers the throw more and more absurd twists in order to keep these ancient characters still relevant.
>>
>>83230126
Are you guys even able to follow a logical path or reasoning?

The agenda within the scope of my argument which is why the guys argument is crap. The agenda is to get these types of reactions out of people. And then this guy wants to say people are jumping to false conclusions because they haven't read the entire story, when they can't read the entire story. Hence, the readers are only having these reactions because they've purposely (their agenda) put readers into this position by misrepresenting the overall story.
>>
>>83230081
>The agenda is to create controversy through misrepresentation.
Gee, have you ever wonder why exactly would they want to do that?
>>
>>83230222
>people's reaction, they're getting outraged because they like to be.

That's part of my point.
>>
File: jimmy 1.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
jimmy 1.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
>>83230222

I-t-t-t-It's called "S-Sponsored content" adds d-d-d-isguised as news
>>
>>83230329
So what you're saying is that they're generating controversy... to sell comics
>>
>>83230342
No. They know precisely what they're doing. That's why I said the guys argument in OPs post was bullshit.
>>
>>83230403
No. I'm saying they're purposely generating controversy through misrepresentation which is why the guys argument in OPs post is bullshit. If people could read the entire story they would but they can't. I'm not arguing against the reason why Marvel pulls this shit. Everyone knows they're just trying to sell comics. I'm just pointing out why this guys argument is bullshit.
>>
>>83230081
>The agenda is to create controversy through misrepresentation.
Yes, and they do that to sell comics.

Congratulations.
>>
File: John is the Demons.png (26 KB, 524x1165) Image search: [Google]
John is the Demons.png
26 KB, 524x1165
>>83228260
Easily the most cataclysmic event since John became the demons.
For nerds.
>>
File: kuuga thumbs up.webm (2 MB, 1138x640) Image search: [Google]
kuuga thumbs up.webm
2 MB, 1138x640
>>83228874
Glad to see I'm not the only one that turned to Japanese heroes after being dissatisfied by the Big Two.

Every time I encounter a problem now, I ask myself "what would Godai do?"
And then I try to kick the problem until it explodes
>>
File: CjHTCdCW0AAtcE5.jpg (27 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
CjHTCdCW0AAtcE5.jpg
27 KB, 449x449
>>83230865
literally the plot of the new doom game. how the fuck are video game designers executing this better than full time comic writers?
>>
>>83230821
Thanks Captain Obvious. I never argued they didn't. I merely pointed out the agenda within the scope of my argument. But have fun playing with your strawman.
>>
>>83228260
>People want to have spoilers. They want to know how the movie ends

The main issue is that this isn't like a movie; it's dragged out far too long, and is too costly. Waiting a full year or two for a shitty storyline to be over is tiring.

It's why it's annoying that comics are focused on big events like this in ongoings. Big storylines should be released as full-length graphic novels; get single issues back to being single stories or two-parters that anyone can pick up and read, not this drawn out shit.
>>
>>83229880
Depends on how you see it, in the furious intent on Marvel's part? That was post Civil War and Secret Invasion where they kept rubbing off about
>The villains won. Deal with it.
Like it was some big, bold statement how hamfistedly people came into power just to build up a several contrived Dark [Group] scenarios.

If you mean in terms of just doing something dumb and stumbling across a land mine? It's debatable, I think there have been worse cases of outrage. They didn't trend but they were met with a lot of complaints. This again really just happens to be Spencer catching his sail in the wind after Civil War since there's all the fuss about Cap Chris getting a gay boyfriend so whoever was following that might end up seeing something about the Hydra nonsense too.

Had he written this any time before it would have gone ignored. Mind I'm not excusing it, I still think it's an example of writing that's more etch-a-sketch plot than meaningful illustration but what're ya gonna do.
>>
jesus christ, tricking someone into sex isnt the same as rape
it's a pretty fucking scumbag move but it's not in the same league
>>
>>83231573
Either way, they never had sex.
>>
File: all might smile.png (271 KB, 856x1250) Image search: [Google]
all might smile.png
271 KB, 856x1250
>>83230882

I love All Might

Please let him win. He has to win. He just has too ;_;
>>
File: cap-infographic.jpg (190 KB, 554x1689) Image search: [Google]
cap-infographic.jpg
190 KB, 554x1689
>>83228440
>People getting mad at this don't read comics, and they don't understand that comic plotlines don't last forever.

No fucking joke. I created this image this morning, posted it to Reddit, and over the course of the past 13 hours, it's gotten over 200,000 views. Hundreds of comments and thousands of votes by people who read and care about the comics. Lots of discussion of the plots involved, all very stimulating stuff.

On a lunatic whim, I then went to Tumblr and went through the "Captain America" tag and picked out several dozen people acting outraged at this, and sent them messages with a link to the same infographic, just to see what they thought of the comic canon being referenced.

NOT ONE OF THEM REPLIED to this discussion of this thing which they were "literally in tears over." Not one expressed the slightest interest in the actual comics.

It's hard to take these people seriously when they get in such a tizzy over something they obviously don't give a shit about.
>>
File: sugoi.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sugoi.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>83231912
>I can't save anyone where my hands don't reach...
Have you watched Kamen Rider OOO? Because that sounds pretty much verbatim like something the main character says.
>>
File: kabuto.jpg (20 KB, 300x386) Image search: [Google]
kabuto.jpg
20 KB, 300x386
>>83232123

I haven't really sat down with much Rider in general aside from Kabuto and Deno
>>
>>83232041
I kek at how apologetic is the first box about Cyclops

Face it anon, he's a criminal, just like Steve.
>>
watching viral marketing work so effectively is always magic

good job everyone
>>
>>83229855
He baits them go on twitter and it's Brevoort and Spencer baiting people and Slott joining in with Waid (who had a very shit knee jerk reaction when it was revealed that Jay was Hunter Zolomon to which Berlanti had to step in and assure him everything was going to be OK)

It's how Marvel operates they love rhe controversy and they keep the fire alove because they know people will still buy.
>>
>>83232191
Disney is so nefarious
>>
Am I a bad person for being happy at the idea of Brevoort getting death threats?

That fucker has presided over some of the shittiest comics of the last decade. I hope someone mails anthrax to his house. He's overdue for some consequences to the terrible job he's done running Marvel.
>>
I think the key reason here is "Nazis"

Comics need to stop trying to make them the next Pirates or Ninjas. This goes back to stuff like the Nazis killing women and children in the JSA.
>>
File: 7-17-57-58-1.png (74 KB, 1080x663) Image search: [Google]
7-17-57-58-1.png
74 KB, 1080x663
>>83232041
Red Skull using the cosmic cube theory is kind of obvious and I am sure that's what's happening too, just look at what Kobik did to the criminals in Standoff.

Also I am excited for the story possibilities and I wonder if the Uncanny Avengers will be involved in this too, that said I hope it ends with Steve's friends saving him from himself.

But does Cap have any reality warping friends or friends who can sense that there is something wrong? I guess Deadpool has the 4th wall breaking thing (he knows about OMD and shit like that) so he might know but I dunno if that will ever come to play.
>>
>>83228260
>In essence, this is the argument of, "People want to have spoilers. They want to know how the movie ends." I don't really believe that; I think that's just a facile argument used by people who want to make a buck by spoiling things for other people. But there's some truth to the underlying idea that people can get so emotionally worked up about a story that they're experiencing that they can't actually enjoy it until they know everything turns out OK in the end.
Or, you know, maybe your publishing model shouldn't rely on controversial reveal cliffhangers that are there solely to pretend there's going to be large controversial changes, and readers having to wait for months on end to get to the end of every arc.
Don't try to turn this on the people, you know exactly what you're doing.
>>
>>83232445
Are you 12?
Nazis are probably more common as villains than pirates or ninjas in western entertainment, and have been for decades.
>>
>>83229727
> fanfiction built on a foundation of decades long and increasingly incestuos fan fiction.

Incestuos is a word I use with specific intent here. Business reality aside, I just don't think it is sustainable.

Also, in the1960's Stan kissed the reader's ass, and tried hard as fuck to please everyone. Brevoort has almost every exactly the opposite relationship with the readers.
>>
>>83230222
Marketing starts before even writing the thing, it's not just putting out ads everywhere.
>>
>>83231076
Too be fair, no one's playing Doom for the plot.
>>
>>83232298
Yeah, it's quite insidious of them to have someone take an introduction to modern advertising course.
>>
>>83229765
>Obama's republic of hittlerstan
because the new janitor doesn't know that meme yet
>>
>>83232384
Not at all. Brevoort is a douche who thinks it's your fault every time Marvel makes a bad decision and nobody likes it
>>
>>83229466
This.

While SpOck was retarded conceptually, it was STILL more interesting than Peter was post OMD
>>
>>83233139
> Parker: I can't tell people Ben Urich's son is a supervillain, he'll come after my family!
> SpOck: I'll put it on the fucking Times Square jumbotron!

which of the two would you rather read
>>
>>83228260
>>Brevoort:

Fuck this lefty cocksucker.

When is he gonna have a Republican politician write a Captain America story?
>>
>>83229939
Spencer definitely posts online anonymously. He used to talk so much shit when he was on Bendis' board, he's admitted to as much.
>>
>>83233182
The one that can't resolve his problems easily?
>>
>>83232631
It would be fantastic if dead pool tries no one believes him and he gets kicked off the team for it.
>>
>>83233252
> implying Otto resolved anything
He was a flying trainwreck which is what made him fascinating to watch and yet he managed to do some amazing things
>>
>>83233350
The spider slayer comic had me in tears shit was hysterical.
>>
>>83233139

No it wasn't.

>>83233182

The one that doesn't read like some fanfic writer trying to show off how super special cool his pet is
>>
>>83233241
>when he was on Bendis' board
I got kicked off of his board for posting a page of Hank and Janet where I shopped out all the thought balloons. Wish I'd kept it.
>>
>>83233395
>how super special cool his pet is
Otto was a colossal fuckup, the point was that he didn't realize Spider-Man can't be Batman until it was too late.

The only thing SpOck did right was Anna, the best woman someone in Peter Parker's body ever had
>>
>>83233350
I'm just saying out of those 2 alternatives >>83233182, one has an obstacle that prevents him from solving the problem easily, the other doesn't.
I've never read Superior but you didn't pick the best example to illustrate your point.
>>
>>83229483
>>83229939
Spencer is a politicians so he's immune to the angry shit.
>>
>>83233503
>I've never read Superior
fix that
>>
>>83232631
>>83233348
Duggan is very fond of the Steve and Wade friendship that he cultivated so I can see his Deadpool trying everything to save Cap, especially since Cap helped him a great deal after the good, the bad, and the ugly arc and Steve believed in him enough to make him an Avenger even when the other Avengers criticize him for it.

So yeah I see Wade busting his ass for Steve.
>>
>>83229149
>joker being right about something
Can't say I saw that coming.

Also, it's just me or this thread has Marvel interns?
>>
>>83233718
Eh. Maybe it'd be the 4th post-2000 Marvel book I enjoy, but chances are it wouldn't.
>>
File: Sin.jpg (282 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Sin.jpg
282 KB, 640x800
>>83232041

Alexis SINclair
>>
>>83228874

RIP
>>
File: 1436045707594.gif (450 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
1436045707594.gif
450 KB, 300x243
>>83232123

Kamen Rider OOO has the best OST and a great supporting cast, but holy fuck did I just never warm up to Eiji. Something about him just annoyed the fuck out of me.
>>
>>83228260
>He makes a good point. Why the retards always jump to false conclusions over a single page or cover?

because the single page is the last page in the unit of story that marvel decided to sell for money
>>
File: pantsu on head retarded.png (650 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
pantsu on head retarded.png
650 KB, 853x480
>>83234404
He's just a PTSD (Pantsu for Tomorrow Stress Disorder) bum Godai 2.0. He wasn't my favorite MC, but I didn't dislike him.
>>
>>83232188
Cyclops did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>83234640
He was attempting to sacrifice the entire planet, not just the human race but the entirety of Earth, for a few mutants because his son who is from numerous parallel futures insisted this would work.

Worse so he did this without informing anyone, providing any alternatives or any form of responsible planning and told everyone to just deal with it. FUCK Scott. I don't give a shit what he went through if anyone else did that at the cost of a planet of Mutants he'd be on his high horse over it.
>>
>>83228583
>Where's USAgent?
MIA
>>
>tfw my friend who doesn't give a shit about comics just asked me about this cause she saw it on the news
>tfw mom asked me about it too and thinks it's a really big deal
I can't believe this shitty issue got so much press.
>>
>>83228548
This, Brevoort said that Peter is dead forever and never coming back with a straight face.
>>
>>83238043
It was even on my fucking LOCAL NEWS.
>>
>>83229121
He's in the Livinv Brain. And he's playing a part in DEAD NO MORE
>>
>>83238437
I'm not even from the US and people heard about this shit.

It's crazy how big the story got.
>>
>>83230010
>I don't know if marvel employees went around lying and saying peter parker was dead for good and doc ock would always be spider-man or something
They did.
>>
>>83238563
Disney does this shit all the time no one really cares about comics it's not real news. If they want press the get it
>>
>>83231912
>>83232123
>>83230882
>>83228874
Go back to /a/ you weebs. Enjoy your edgy "I'M GONNA KILL THE SYMBOL OF PEACE" villains.
>>
>>83228440
>That was true though.
Except it actually didn't happen. the closet Doc-ock got from Mary Jane as Spiderman was getting a kiss on the cheek. And after that Ock and MJ agreed to see other people. I am quite certain it doesn't count as rape.
>>
>>83228260

>Another post of "I dont know why everyone is getting so worked up"
>When this is the exact fucking response Marvel was aiming for.

I didn't even know Captain America had an ongoing. I thought we were still dealing with Falcon America. Now everywhere I look all I see is Captain Hydra and Pussy's making up Children to try and appeal to Marvel's humanity.
>>
>>83233189
You had Captain America, Commie Smasher. Guess what? It sucked.

Steve Rogers is a product of 30s New York, and a Fine Arts student to boot - of course he's going to be liberal.
>>
>>83229273
>turned a relatively harmless cat burglar into one of New York's most powerful crime lords

Superior indeed.
>>
>>83229868
There's gonna be a long arc about him earning their trust. Then when he is finally accepted he'll stab... shield them in the back and reveal he was working for SHIELD all along (but nobody knew!)
I think something like that is highly likely. But here is what's definate: he's still a good guy and the flashback subplot is a red herring; his family will get screwed over by Hydra by the end and young Steve will learn that they're bad guys.
>>
>>83232247
And this is why I don't give marvel a fucking cent. When a company is so arrogant that they go to great lengths to mock paying customers who have negative opinions about the product they paid for, that company is no longer worth your dollar.
>>
At this point I have to wonder how many of the complainers are just dedicated trolls. Commenting on one of Spencer's tweets I ended up discussing with a guy that wouldn't stop posting holocaust pictures saying "this is what Marvel supports" and stuff like that. I visited his profile out of curiosity and it was full of Nazi Germany and half-dead Jews pictures to point out how supposedly horrible Marvel and Spencer were, there was a tweet with a dozen of tags like #SaynotoHydraCap or #FireSpencer, it was crazy

But then again, I was pretty active on Twitter during the hottest GG days, I've experienced first hand how retarded and try-hard people can be when reacting to a "scandal"
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.