[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hail Hydra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
What did she mean by this?

Also the other comments replying to the post are priceless:
>http://imperator-queeriosa.tumblr.com/post/144945172381/i-think-this-pretty-much-sums-it-all-up
>>
fictional characters are serious business
>>
File: 1452157798466.png (141 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
1452157798466.png
141 KB, 500x392
>>83194861
>people getting mad at Marvel when their whole agenda is getting people mad for hits

I just don't see the point at getting upset at this, its not like its going to matter in a few months its like Superior Spider-Man it won't matter
>>
These kids are only accountable to their fandoms and they have no experience with the material.
>>
I had a family member murdered by an Iroquois, yet I wouldn't cry bitch tears if they made some new legacy character a Native American.
>>
>>83194861
to be fair, there ARE some pretty old Cap fans out there. Hell, before TWS pretty much only old men would ever say he was their favorite
>>
>>83194861
She's right. My grandmother was killed by a giant nazi robot.
>>
>>83194861
YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?

Also
>Linking to tumblr
Nah
>>
It's not even that they're mad.

They're mad about issue 1 of an ongoing series.
They have absolutely no context outside the 22 pages we've gotten, no idea where Spencer's going with this, but they're already sharpening pitchforks.

I absolutely cannot wait to see final sales numbers for this issue, comparing that number against the hashtag trending will be hilarious.
>>
Both my grandparents died in the Holocaust when they were 6!
>>
File: tumblr.jpg-large.jpg (97 KB, 539x612) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.jpg-large.jpg
97 KB, 539x612
IMO all worth it for the laugh I got at this 'an atheist Jewish college professor' tier screed linked on that twitter.
>>
>>83194861
>YOU THINK THIS A FUCKING GAME?
can't believe they think they're better than 4chan
>>
>>83195046
The issue makes it seem so obvious that Cap is being mindfucked that I don't think most of them can have read it.
>>
>>83194861
Same. My grandfather was also killed by a red skeleton Nazi.
Shame on Marvel
>>
File: 1461812444325.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1461812444325.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>tfw "Hail Hydra" was memed to death even by tumblrites
>tfw Captain America says it himself then it's suddenly the end of the world

It's all fun and games until you get triggered.
>>
>>83195071
>questioning your life because of a heel turn

Kys kid
>>
>@grantmorrison you know that there are robin fans who've had family members murdered by the arabs & you think this is all fun & games?

>@keithgiffen @johnrogers you know that there are blue beetle fans who've had family members murdered by the mexicans & you think this is all fun & games?

This is too much fun.
>>
>>83194861
>other comments replying

Huh?
>>
File: Captain_Avenger_Hydra_Salute.jpg (115 KB, 900x389) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Avenger_Hydra_Salute.jpg
115 KB, 900x389
>>83194861
>Nazis aren't a joke!
>Turn them back into the accurate, serious and appropriate portrayal they were before!
>Now THIS is appropriate!
>I can already hear in the air the sighs of relief of the ghosts of World War 2.
>>
File: 1462769382400.jpg (46 KB, 568x479) Image search: [Google]
1462769382400.jpg
46 KB, 568x479
>>83194861
Have these people ever read about comics history before? Or pro wrestling? Or some tv show's betrayal/redemption arc?
>>
I'm more of a DC fag, but it's fucking stupid people are losing there shit over issue 1.

It's like they don't read comics, this plot twist is probably countered by another plot twist like he isn't the real Cap or he is a trip agent playing Hydra like a fool.
>>
>>83194861
>imperator-queeriosa
>>
Oh wow I thought she was like 15 but she's a university graduate and professional writer.

Wooow.
>>
>>83195184
> I am an adult who is deeply triggered by a fictional character proclaiming to be a part of a fictional organization that is tangentially related to Nazism

> This is a healthy and sane way to live life.
>>
>and in unrelated news, the catholic church has just published a canonical addition to the bible in which it is revealed that jesus christ has actually been working for the devil for the past two thousand years. “hail satan,” he says at the end of the new book.
>>
Marvel deserves this. If they wanted to court the tumblr audience while pulling their usual make-the-audience-mad shenanigans they have to expect a bunch of kids who shoehorn everything they don't like into some racist/sexist box.
>>
>HYDRA
>Nazis
When will this meme end?
>>
>>83195071
What a pussy.
>>
>>83195372
They are literally Nazis though
>>
>>83195371

>implying Marvel doesn't enjoy this

They're playin' ya'll like a damn fiddle!
>>
>>83195164
If you have Tumblr you can click on the Notes of this post through your Dashboard and see the comments on the post. I'll do all the work just because I think it's worth it:

>Somehow I get the feeling this “Nick Spencer” person is like fresh from marketing school and still believes the shit they teach about any publicity being good publicity. Honestly I hope someone will vomit on him or something. I would if I didn’t have to buy a plane ticket to do so.
>aw people are responding with PASSION and he has provoked DISCUSSION how sweet he must be doing something right
>I … I can’t actually imagine a more patronizing comment, actually. Did he actually just pat us all on the head and completely dismiss everyone’s legitimate and valid reasons for fury?Yes. Yes, he did.
>I love how he’s not even trying to respond to them; he’s still stuck in smug self-congratulation mode.
>Look its another vile white man
>So here’s my thing. Would you put this man at the helm of an aircraft carrier and let him do donuts in the ocean? Of course not, it could damage a very large piece of infrastructure, hurt people in the ship, and make the Navy look bad for allowing such stupidity to happen. Cap is the aircraft carrier, and this man is driving in circles while somehow honking a horn that plays “La Cucuracha” out in the Pacific. For shame, Marvel. You’ve made yourselves look bad by greenlighting this mess.
>Let’s redub Nick Spencer as DICK HITLER!I do feel that he foresaw this. He’s a troll.Fuck mainstream comics. I could never get into an otherwise cool medium because the head honchos and writers are CONSTANTLY DE-RAILING EVERYTHING AND BEING TONE-DEAF!!!There should be a law: Listen to the fans and keep a character relatively the same!If a character was created with a certain ideal in mind….KEEP IT THAT WAY!
>This is real and the people praising him are nazi sympathizers and white supremacists
>>
>>83195434
I've seen several writers pull the "boo hoo how could you do this" card.
>>
File: Bob2.jpg (9 KB, 160x281) Image search: [Google]
Bob2.jpg
9 KB, 160x281
>>83195408

Bob wasn't a Nazi. He was a lovable goof, a hardworking Hydra mook just trying to do right by his family and get a good health care benefits plan.
>>
why do these people exist
>>
>>83195451
I want moviecunts to leave.

Tumblr has been the downfall of Marvel.

This is worse than what the anime did to Jojo. And tumblr fucked with that too.

I want it to stop.
>>
>>83195408
>all fascists
>Nazis
>>
>>83195451
Too bad Bendis deleted his board years ago, I'd love to introduce these people to the shitlord Spencer of the 00s.

>Spencer you are one of the few people that has actually come across as a shittastic person on this board. When your posts aren't trying to pimp some comic pitch you have or about how you're a man whore, it's stalking Ray. Now Ray has some creepy obsessions, but get a fucking life and stop being a god damn cunt. If you ever somehow manage to get something published (now I know this is unlikely, but let's go with this hypothetical situation), I would never buy it. If it had my favorite character, I would not buy it. If it was the next "Watchmen", I would never fucking buy it. If someone gave it to me for free I'd use it to wipe my ass. That's how bad of an impression you've left on me.

>Even in the political threads when I read a post of yours I think, "Shit, I agree with this shit stain, maybe I'm wrong?"

>I say this with 100% sincerity. You are a class A-ass that deserve all the shit you've been getting. I really do hope you actually leave the board and we never have to see or hear about you again. You are easily the worst person on this board and make part of this community less enjoyable. Adrian's post only confirms the crap person you are
>>
File: supesbling.gif (315 KB, 400x339) Image search: [Google]
supesbling.gif
315 KB, 400x339
>>83195071
>yfw 40 years ago, this post would've been about Superman
>>
>>83194861

I'm sorry, I missed this: is Cap now a nazi?
>>
>>83195095
I havent read shit from marvel except crossovers in the last 2 years and even I know that Red Skull has professor X brain and has probably implanted memories in Cap
>>
>Literally getting mad over a final panel twist that will be resolved within the next 3 issues
Have these people ever fucking read comics before? Have they ever consumed ANY piece of fiction before? This is the most base, most obvious fucking heel-turn/good guy goes bad bullshit to grace comics in a long time. Of course Cap hasn't been a fucking HYDRA agent all along. The kids fucking know this. They're sitting there reading this going "oh wow I wonder what's REALLY happened to Cap?" and waiting on the next issue. Why are these 20-somethings getting literally mad about the comic book equivalent of clickbait?

This is like getting pissed off at the end-of-chapter cliffhanger in a fucking Goosebumps book.
>>
>>83195303
kek
>>
>>83194861
Why are only Tumblr girls butthurt about this? Do girls read comics?
>>
I don't hate it because it's Cap saying he likes Hydra, I hate it because the hero fake heel turn is an embarrassingly overused cliché.
>>
>>83195636
More importantly: is Jack Flag ok?
>>
>>83195451
Continued:

>the amount of isolated privilege this requires is astounding.
>He has a tumblr, too, btw. Reluctantly I’m following his twitter and saw his tumblr url. Like seriously he’s PROUD of disrespecting a national icon?! Fuck this guy and fuck whoever approved this idea.
>literally ok like he fucking RUINED cap for a lot of people, myself included. cap has been my hero for years because of his incredible heart and his unshakeable morale, and I’m actually disgusted at the way he seems so proud of defiling my hero. like, my great grandpa was the only person who survived the holocaust from his entire fucking family, and I feel physically sick at the way he made me support a fucking nazi. get the fuck out, nick spencer. you can’t write, and if you could you would know that what you did was so very, very wrong on so many different levels.
>I had relatives killed by nazis
>People in the notes being like “why are you getting so upset over a fictional character lmao” like; is there one RIGHT way to be a fan? The “casual” way? Are the decisions the writers make not supposed to affect the way the fans react? Have you NEVER been absorbed in something in your entire life? WTF do you do for fun? PLUS the original statement the creators made by making him; this just as important to them as this is to us; even MORE so.
>There are people alive today that remember nazi Germany. They remember hearing hitler speak in real time. Fuck Nick Spencer
>All my family history has been a reaction to what the nazi did to Europe… So no, not a game when you turn our favorite, the symbol of hope, into a Nazi… That’s not good passion, that’s a reaction of horror.
>My theory is that Hydra is real and they’ve taken control of Marvel and they’re trying to ruin Captain America’s name…
>>
>>83195675
>girls
>on tumblr

They're all trans anon.
>>
>>83195675
Not at all. They probably heard about it through some IGN or some poser comics related blog, and they think this is a thing Marvel is going to be running with forever. Something they'll put into the movies.

The only thing they're upset about is that since it happened in the comics, it'll happen in the movies. And they can't let anything happen to their gay husbando Chris Evans.

Fuck Marvel for doing this. They should have made Cap gay, so that their billions of Cap gay fanfiction would be legit instead of obsessive and poisonous garbage.
>>
>>83195372
They were founded by strucker but did not have the nazi ideals. The movie HYDRA was a nazi organization that broke away from Hitler and became a cult that worshipped red skull.
>normies friends still think that HYDRA is full fledged nazi
wipe them out.
All of them
>>
Hydra isn't a nazi Organization though.
>>
>>83195071

I honestly feel pretty bad for this kid.
>>
>>83195928
Shhhh not everyone knows that anon.
>>
>>83195606
>superman was a phantom zone criminal the entire time
>>
>>83195451

Marvel deserves this for courting these people to begin with.
>>
>>83195961
There was never a kid, anon.
>>
>>83195760
Continued again (keeping it as one post just because I keked so hard):

>As the grandchild of holocaust survivors, this is utterly disgusting. Except for two persons, my great grandmother and my grandfather, my entire extended family was murdered in the second World War. I have never known all these people, my family, because of the hatred and violence perpetrated by the nazis. And now at a time when fascism and racism and antisemitism are on the rise again, you pull this shit? This move, making the symbol of anti-fascism and standing up to bullies and hatred into the very thing he has always fought against for over 70 years, as he was intended by his Jewish creators, is utterly sickening and disgusting. I’ve been a pretty hardcore fan for a while now, but I will not spend a single dime on any marvel product ever again until they recognize their mistake and apologize. You won’t get a penny from me, Marvel.
>>
>Le HYDRA are not Nazis meme
Even if they aren't a direct splinter group from Hitler himself they are clearly supposed to be a universal stand-in.
>>
>>83195831
>Fuck Marvel for doing this. They should have made Cap gay, so that their billions of Cap gay fanfiction would be legit instead of obsessive and poisonous garbage.
I was actually ok with this post until this. Fuck Off Tumblr and i hope you rot in hell
>>
>>83196066
BUT HYDRA KILLED MY FAMILY ANON!
>>
>>83194861
Why not copy the text and post a relevant high quality image, instead of posting a screencap of a tweet and a link to your blog? Like the preview page they are discussing, for instance.
>>
>>83195136

Oh shit are these actual tweets?
>>
>>83196066
They used the nazis but at the end of the day that was just for power they care little for race or religion they only care about ruling the world
>>
>>83196066
>they are clearly supposed to be a universal stand-in.

They are not, the "evul nazis" are the universe stand-in.
>>
>>83196071
Okay what.

I honestly can't tell if you're baiting but I'll bite anyway.

I wasn't serious about the gay Cap shit. I was actually pointing out that the only reason anyone supports making Cap gay is to confirm their homolust fantasies about Chris Evans.
>>
>>83195046
>no idea where Spencer's going with this

There are some things you've just got to nip in the bud, Anon-kun.
>>
>>83194861
>imperator-queeriosa

That's a faggy fucking name, dude.
>>
>>83196227
Ok then we are good
>>
>>83196066
No, they're supposed to be a stand-in for SPECTRE. That's pretty much what Lee and Kirby intended them to be before Steranko added their Nazi roots.
>>
I feel so bad for DC.
They're doing a whole line overhaul been setting it up for months then some cliche twist overshadows ALL that because Normies don't know how typical this is.
>>
>>83195961
I would feel bad for the kid, if it existed. It doesn't.

Also.

Who in their right mind would let pre-10 year olds read comics about cap and scull and hydra and all these.
I mean, too much murder and blood and edgyness. You must be a horrible parent to let them read these before they get 12 + at least.
>>
>I am offended by fiction
I hate these people.
>>
Yes. This is just going to turn out to be a cunning ruse and/or mind control and will not matter in a few months.

No. People are not over-reacting. They would be if this was just some random end of issue twist, but this has been heavily publicised by marvel as being "IMPORTANT" and a big damn deal that will change everything. Marvel are trying to profit off the shock value of appearing to make Cap a nazi, and they need to be held accountable for that. THere's just no fucking way to do that, because all we do is give them the attention they so fucking crave.
>>
>>83196373

This is the worst tbhqwy phamalam
>>
File: Renaissance Evans.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
Renaissance Evans.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
Chris Evans has spoken!
https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/735696011172012033

>tfw Chris Evans is posting an ironic status about it
>tfw the #triggered think he hates it as much as they do
>>
>>83195401
It explains all too well my modern fiction is so watered down and safe. At some point, society became so thin-skinned, they get TRIGGERED over what a fictional character in a story may do; conversely, and consequently, they want every work of fiction to be sanitized and all "mean-spiritedness" and "Offensiveness" removed, even if that results in a boring stories and defanged characters that won't upset their delicate sensibilities.
>>
SAY IT AIN'T SO!
>>
>>83196610
Think of the children!
>>
>>83196373
This is why DC will not win with Rebirth.

Marvel is so good at this game, it's not even funny.
>>
>>83196643
>hiding the name

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
>>
>>83196683
Sadly not my own photo (I would have kept the name if it was). Just saw it from someone else's post so I don't know where it came from.
>>
>>83196643
>hiding the name

fucking faggot.
>>
>>83195594
What did he dooooooooo?
>>
>>83196749
See >>83196739
>>
File: 1452550785149.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1452550785149.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
>moviefags ask Marvel to give Cap a boyfriend
>they make him a nazi instead
>>
>>83196683
>>83196749

One simple Twitter search, man.

https://twitter.com/LaurenEBurch/status/735996508152209409
>>
Can someone explain what's going on with the new Cap comic? I've seen these threads popping up and all I've gathered is that Cap might be a Hydra agent now or something
>>
File: 8482581.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
8482581.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
This "controversy" and the 50 variants are going to push this shit to #1
>>
>>83196853
I don't need the name, I just want it to be shown.
>>
>>83196869
>all I've gathered is that Cap might be a Hydra agent now or something
That's literally all you need to know
>>
>>83196853
>It wasn't Lauren Faust after all
Aww, bummer.
>>
>>83194861
My uncle was killed by hydra. I can't even imagine how horrible my cousins feel right now. I'm very upset they turned cap into one of them.
>>
File: 1459308125688.jpg (18 KB, 417x242) Image search: [Google]
1459308125688.jpg
18 KB, 417x242
>>83195451
>>Honestly I hope someone will vomit on him or something. I would if I didn’t have to buy a plane ticket to do so.
>>
>>83196894
That's the sad thing. EVERYONE (including /co/) fell into Marvel's bait. This is some elder-gods bait
>>
>>83195071
That kid needs to harden the fuck up. It's just a cliffhanger.
>>
>>83196644
But fucking how? Can't WB just hire an army of shitposters like Disney probably did to plant the seeds?
>>
File: wake me up.png (109 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.png
109 KB, 367x202
>>83196831
Marvel: Oh shit, Cap is popular enough that they want us to turn him gay! What do!?

Nick Spencer: Let's turn him into a Nazi and see if they still want him that way.

Marvel: DO IT!
>>
>>83197029
>Can't WB just hire an army of shitposters

Hell I'd do it for free if it meant that I could have some kind of back-up in case shit went south
>>
>>83196853
>it's a TDK le edge Jokerfag

TDK Joker was a serial killer/terrorist. Does she not think of all the children that died from serial killers and terrorists that she might trigger as well?
>>
>>83195961
Don't believe any story on the internet.
>>
>>83197029
No anon. Shilling to an audience that already likes comics is fruitless. This is why shills don't work and why they don't exist, when your zombies and barely informed people do it for free. Marvel has played at this game for longer.
>>
>>83196643
Lmao, who takes this shit so serious?
>>
>>83197042
>Nick Spencer: You know Marvel I've been thinking, we have editing printing and shipping methods so quick and efficient that we can alter an entire comic practically overnight and ship it the next day ahead of intended schedule all at the prompt of a twitter trend. Why haven't we used these methods to make the line if not the entire industry far more profitable?
>Marvel: That's dangerous thinking, Nick. I suggest you not bring it up again.
>>
>>83197143
TDK wasnt a movie for little kids, Marvel movies are, in most markets the avengers were their equivalent of PG same for winter soldier. While TDK was +14. Still pointless since in murrika the censors are REALLY REALLY REALLY weird
>>
>>83196853
This person is a fucking idiot. Holy shit.

I bet you anything this is the same type of person that shits on people that don't like Whor
>>
>>83195480
DENTAL PLAN!
>>
>>83196643
>thinking kids read comics
>>
>>83195839
Yeah, and anyways Strucker's cool with other races these days. Remember when he let himself get cucked by a Japanese assassin in the Wolverine comics?
>>
>A Captain America book with a le good guy is bad twist will outsell a book that introduces Watchmen characters into the DCU.
>>
>>83195071
I'm calling bullshit, what eleven year old reads comics in 2016?
>>
>>83195071
I call bullshit. This kid probably doesn't even exist.

This reeks of bullshit made up for a "think of the children" argument.
>>
File: 1463435067015.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1463435067015.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>83197489
>>
>>83197489
to be fair, both ideas are retarded

it's just one is bombastic and the other is a cliche
>>
>>83196643
>Jews
>Reading comics
>>
File: cap-illuminati-confirmed.jpg (303 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
cap-illuminati-confirmed.jpg
303 KB, 600x593
>>83194861
>http://imperator-queeriosa.tumblr.com/
This same faggot literally thinks that this whole thing is part of one big conspiracy by Marvel.

This is what they said adding onto that post:
>all of marvel. In an interview Spencer talked about how the decision to go ahead on this was like the central discussion on two different business conference trips/retreats.
Just keeps going deeper.
>Just keeps going deeper.
>>
>>83194861
>tfw your family was murdered by a group of fascist tentacle-fetishists wearing green jump-suits
>>
>>83197449
I kinda like Strucker, is he still dead in the comics?
>>
File: 1449650059227.png (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449650059227.png
21 KB, 640x640
>movie fans getting upset at the comic

i would i could stop laughing
>>
File: 440px-HydraOrganization_Head.jpg (93 KB, 440x348) Image search: [Google]
440px-HydraOrganization_Head.jpg
93 KB, 440x348
>>83197810
W E N A Z I N O W
E

N
A
Z
I

N
O
W
>>
File: 1362405881810.gif (341 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1362405881810.gif
341 KB, 500x355
>>83196643
Why won't someone think of the poor, little Jewish children?
>>
>>83197926
I can never decide if the Hydra outfit is cool or cheesy.
>>
I'm out of the loop

Why is this such a bad thing again? Hydra is just this dumb criminal organization, right? Hasn't almost EVERY superhero joined them at least once, seriously or not?

Is this thread autosaged, fucking seriously?
>>
I wonder what these people's reaction would be to see the super racist caricatures that are the Young Allies
>>
File: tired-man.jpg (35 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
tired-man.jpg
35 KB, 570x300
Okay I have a serious question here

Why is it that when the SJWs complain about Hydra Cap being racist you guys are all smart enough to realize that this is all just part of Marvel's marketing strategy to generate revenue by provoking outrage on the internet, but not when Marvel makes Thor a woman or has a character start ranting about sexism or whatever

Why does everyone here get that this is a cynical marketing strategy when its SJW getting mad about it but not when its a race swap

How the fuck did we not collectively realize around the time they had the "It's about Ethics in Hammer Wielding" line that sparking online arguments is just as much a part of the marketing strategy as pandering to different demographics? Why do you guys still take the bait in half the other instances of Marvel pulling this shit?
>>
>>83196168
I have a bridge you may be interested in purchasing.
>>
>>83198878
>Why is it that when the SJWs complain about Hydra Cap being racist you guys are all smart enough to realize that this is all just part of Marvel's marketing strategy to generate revenue by provoking outrage on the internet, but not when Marvel makes Thor a woman or has a character start ranting about sexism or whatever

We like to pretend we're retarded.
>>
Remember when they wanted to fire Rick Remender for making Sam have sex with a "14 year old"
>>
>>83195125
>>83196466
Get out of here you gay nazi fuck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXeRrh7zxs
>>
>>83198762
People who don't read comic books and who aren't jaded like us don't realize that.

We all know it's just another stupid gimmick and Cap will be back to normal in a year or less. But the normies don't know that.
>>
File: 1458928602509.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1458928602509.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
>>83195071
Ah, you americans and your children issues.
>>
>>83195125
Remember when Tumblr thought that Sam was secretly Hydra in the film?
>>
>>83198878
>implying that every single anon's opinions represent /co/ in its entirety

I'm OP and I shit you not when I laughed at fellow /co/ users losing their collective shit over Lady Thor.
>>
>>83198878
I like lady thor.

I was more mad about the execution than anything else, because lady thor could have been fun and charming.

Like, picture there is this thing that seems like it could be this excellent sidestory into something which hasn't been tried before. Now picture laziness, clumsiness, and outright stupidity making a mockery of it where it will never be tried again.

That's Lady thor.
>>
>>83199349
This. I like the idea behind Lady Thor (and the revelation that it's Jane Foster) but the writing has generally been sloppy enough that I have a love-hate relationship with it.
>>
>>83195594
What happened
>>
>>83199520
>>83199349
>>83198878

Same, I'm fine with the idea of Lady Thor (her design is fucking great). The writing on her solo book isn't good. She's made some good appearances in other books. I laugh at the /co/mrades who get hyper upset about her, but I sure as fuck don't engage them, so I guess they seem like they speak for "all of /co/" in that regard.
>>
>>83194861
It is pretty dumb but i doubt itll stick
>>
>>83195303
I'd fuckin read it
>>
>>83199349
I thought her appearance in Gwenpool was interesting considering her character was treated with more respect in 10 pages than she ever has been by her official writer.
>>
>>83197406
Which they did not offer, only A.I.M has dental
>>
>>83196644
One retailer said he sold 4 times as many copies of reborth compared to Cap, what's the sales like at other stores?
>>
>>83195071
isn't the book T+??
>>
>>83199837
There you go

It just matters about who is writing her.

If she got even one, just one book that treated her seriously and respectfully, I'm sure /co/'s opinion would turn around.
>>
>>83198878
They are. It's just they still can't help themselves.
/co/ recognizes bait, they just can't stop from taking it. Everyone realizes all this raceswap/movie synergy/feminist pandering horseshit is just a marketing ploy to get eyes on the product. But what else would they do? Get a life?
>>
>>83194861
The sad part is that as dumb as Spencer is regarding politics, I 100% believe that this retarded twist was one of the few times editorial got off their asses to get involved with the books.
>>
Is there anything wrong with the twist?

no, seriously.

I want to hear it from a perspective that's not a 'muh feels' and 'muh hitler'. I want to know why this twist is so ridiculously bad when I can go back in history and find dozens of 'good' heroes who all were a part of hydra at one point.
>>
>>83200350
I think it's a bit stupid, but it's just a plot device that will get overturned and being done for drama, not a permanent change. So I'll read the arc and see what happens.

All these people flipping out don't understand comic books.
>>
>>83194861
to be clear, we're all more-or-less Ok with this twist because it pissed off tumblr?
>>
>>83200350
Any long time comic book reader is numb to this kind of shit. You'll notice the only people upset are twitters and tumblrs that are movie only fans
>>
>>83200505
We are okay because we know it's temporary and is caused by false memories
>>
>>83200505
Personally it seems cliched and it's obvious it won't last. We all know that already, the real discussion is on why Tumblr is so offended.
>>
>>83200806
This. It's dumb, like schlocky comics type dumb. But the fact that Tumblr and Twitter are losing their shit over it so passionately is what makes it so entertaining.
>>
>>83194900

>media doesn't inform or reflect society and so has no importance
>>
>>83200647
and as comic readers we're so used to hack writing and pointless non-shockers it no longer bothers us, your saying?
>>
gonna buy all the remaining copies from my lcs. marketing schemes like this deserve our money.
>>
Is it getting to the point where Marvel's treating SJWs comic fans the same way they've treat their original comic book fans? (ie. Piss them off for sales?)

I'm surprised that they did NOT see through their nonsense and are getting this butthurt over it.
>>
>>83201751

What if Hydra Steve is enough of a success that they go with it long-term and it sticks for years, becoming an accepted part of Marvel canon

holy shit the tears would be amazing
>>
>>83201775
I WOULD like to see Marvel trying its best to piss of SJWs. here's hoping for an issue where Odinson makes Femthor his sexslave and she loves it
>>
>>83195594
fuck I barely remember Spencer on the Bendis Board, I think the man owned a hostel before he decided to write comics
>>
>>83195679

Yes, and so's everyone else in this thread. But that's not why we're here.

The most we do is groan at an overused cliche', but these guys are genuinely getting butthurt over something this trivial, as if they've never picked up a comic book or even watched or read any form of media in their entire lives.
>>
>>83194861
well there are family members of nazis murdered by the allies but no one care about that
>>
>>83197621
what, you think they only write them?
>>
File: 14599810043520.jpg (59 KB, 541x360) Image search: [Google]
14599810043520.jpg
59 KB, 541x360
>>83202268

yep, half of canada and whole germany full of them. all murdered families of nazis.
>>
File: 14638408956160.jpg (108 KB, 916x603) Image search: [Google]
14638408956160.jpg
108 KB, 916x603
>>83202330

good old money and educated sadism for children thing.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160526-234020.png (89 KB, 959x560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160526-234020.png
89 KB, 959x560
I enjoy how bootyblasted Tumblr is over this. If rage were a source of energy, we could power the entire world for years off Tumblr alone.
>>
>>83196643
>>83194861
What a fucking bitch move, you don't like something and can't come up with an argument so what do you do?
You bring in the dead and children to try to shame someone, fucking garbage.
>>
>>83201229
>treating fictional characters like real people is reasonable and worthwhile
>>
File: CgGg7-xXEAAPeCT.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CgGg7-xXEAAPeCT.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
>>83201826
>I WOULD like to see Marvel trying its best to piss of SJWs.

i wonder. it would be like Disney buying Star Wars.
>>
>>83202424
I mean, we get butthurt but at least we realize its pathetic to treat comic characters as family
>>
>>83202492
>i wonder. it would be like Disney buying Star Wars.
how are those things similar?
>>
File: 14620405207980.jpg (193 KB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
14620405207980.jpg
193 KB, 1280x959
>>83202424
>If rage were a source of energy, we could power the entire world for years off Tumblr alone.

dunno. but USA would be burn down, thats for sure.
>>
>>83202424
Okay, I think this change is about as stupid as stupid can be, but to let it tarnish all prior written content. To not be able to separate the unintended stupid that inevitably comes when too many writers stick there hands into the pot. This tumblr shit is just as stupid in their own way. Cap is pretty important to me too, but no matter what Spencer says will I ever acknowledge that Cap has secretly been acting with hate in his heart.
>>
File: 89837_900.jpg (122 KB, 900x468) Image search: [Google]
89837_900.jpg
122 KB, 900x468
>>83202564

1: it would be fault of Putin
2: it would be helpless wave of pointless rage coming up from everyone
3: it will end by awesome failed merchandise where everyone is forced to smile instead to burn the fucking shit down.
>>
>>83195594
Please elaborate, I never would have guessed that Bendis wrote this.
>>
>>83195136
>@geoffjohns you know that there are Flash fans who've had family members murdered by the Speedforce & you think this is all fun & games?
>>
holy shit, why is everyone so butt hurt about this Hail Hydra shit? Have these people never read a comic book before?
>>
Between this, Civil War and that dumb twitter boyfriend hashtag, Cap has been getting a shit ton of public exposure recently.
>>
>>83202734

he didn't. it was the money of other people in his pocket.
>>
File: 1457330728541.jpg (36 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
1457330728541.jpg
36 KB, 640x399
>>83194861
>YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME!?

This bitch best be jokin.
>>
File: laughing jewtato.png (44 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
laughing jewtato.png
44 KB, 200x180
>>83196643
I'm a Jewish former-little kid and I want to let you know that Lauren is a dumb bitch.
>>
>Marvel has history of intentionally pissing fans off
>generally aimed at long time fans with race changes and genderbends
>Marvel gets labeled as progressive and great
>Marvel aims to piss off fans again but with Cap in a Superior Spider-man style
>gets labeled anti-Semitic by the people that used to praise them
Is this pottery? It'd be great if this didn't translate into the sales boost that Marvel wants. Although all these people seeing that Marvel actually never really gave a shit about diversity or progressive issues is fun.
>>
>>83194861
Haha people here are white knighting Spencer? How contrarian are some of you guys to root for somebody doing something stupid?
>>
>>83202796
Then what did spencer do to get a response like that?
>>
File: 14612282732210.jpg (108 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
14612282732210.jpg
108 KB, 960x720
>>83202794

dunno we are this close, but if we are it; Civil War, which is a simple fucking beat up between drunken friends in not a civil war.
>>
>>83198999
God damn that was hilarious
>>
File: CjUrvd9UgAEAIoM.jpg (73 KB, 420x598) Image search: [Google]
CjUrvd9UgAEAIoM.jpg
73 KB, 420x598
Why not send her via tweet a nice and warm hail hydra, with image attached to the tweet?
>>
Someone have the pic of the red skull being a trump shill?
>>
>>83202870
>white knighting Spencer
Read the room bucko, most of us here think the twist is stupid and just plain Marvel 101 hack writing. Rather it's the overblown reaction from Tumblr and Twitter that's making it entertaining at all.
>>
>>83202870
Not really white knighting Spencer, all he's done is write a shitty comic. But Twitter/Tumblr would have you believe that he LITERALLY started tapdancing on Jack Kirby's grave while doing a Hitler salute.
>>
>>83194861
Heh
http://panels.net/2016/05/26/on-steve-rogers-1-antisemitism-and-publicity-stunts/
>>
literally all of jewish tumblr is after me for poking fun at their outrage

I thought /pol/'s description of jews of being elitist, paranoid lunatics with an obsessive disdain for gentiles was just hyperbole oh my god
>>
>>83194981
I kind of want to hear the story on this one
>>
>getting this mad over the START OF AN ARC
I'm casual as all fuck, but this is amazing.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>83202756
>>
File: jews.gif (745 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
jews.gif
745 KB, 500x275
>>83203017

ALWAYS RIGHT
>>
>>83203017
Prove it
>>
Told you guys Marvel was gonna win.
>>
>>83203089
Shut up Boco.
>>
>>83195738
He suffered worst fate: falling upward into space.
>>
>>83194861
Should I feel bad that one of the first comic that I had bought was this and Rebirth?
>>
>>83203017
It's less of them being Jews and more of them being new age Marxists.
>>
File: ukraine-israel-800x500_c.jpg (100 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
ukraine-israel-800x500_c.jpg
100 KB, 800x500
>>83203017
>literally all of jewish tumblr

but ALL tumblr is jewish. whats your point?
>>
>>83202958
CЛABA УКPAИHE
MOCКAЛИ ИДИTE HAХУЙ
>>
>reading through this thread
You know how badly Marvel could get smeared if it was known that 4chan was siding with them over this?
>>
How are Nick Spencer's other works?
>>
>>83203252
Nigga 4chan isn't seen as a major force of antagonization anymore
It's just seen as a place for cunts and losers
>>
>>83198878
>>83199349

This. It's one thing to have an incredibly polarizing/questionable concept for a story that is bound to get people upset and paying attention. It's another thing to then phone it in and simply not bother having good writing to back it up. If the writing really knocked the idea out of the park it would be much easier to rub it in the faces of critics who passed harsh judgement prematurely, but in the end they just played right into the expectations of those who expected it to be bad from day one.
>>
>>83203326
Maybe to Marvel, but Tumblr as a collective would shit their pants.
>>
>>83195451
"Nick Spencer", if that's your real name!!1
>>
>>83203326
>Nigga 4chan isn't seen as a major force of antagonization anymore

This lmao at this point we're just trolls trolling trolls, but all of them inside 4chan.

It's better this way.
>>
>>83203417

You mean like how 4chan collectively shit its pants when they thought Tumblr was siding with Marvel?
>>
>>83203417

its just like 4chan but without political censure yet.
>>
>>83203060

>You do realize neo-Nazis exist today and are still actively trying to kill us, don’t you? Sit down and shut up, goy.

>Sit your antisemitic, shigetz ass down.

>Keep thinking your opinion on this is important, tho, goy. I’m sure it entertains somebody.

like holy shit it's amazing

>>83203465

Dude, you'd be surprised. There are people who still care about gamergate for fuck's sake.
>>
File: MFW I'M TRIGGERED.png (871 KB, 1176x860) Image search: [Google]
MFW I'M TRIGGERED.png
871 KB, 1176x860
It gets even better.
>>
File: 1421475201270.png (26 KB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
1421475201270.png
26 KB, 462x320
>>83195451
>There should be a law: Listen to the fans and keep a character relatively the same!If a character was created with a certain ideal in mind….KEEP IT THAT WAY!
>>
>>83203532
>There are people who still care about gamergate for fuck's sake.

But 4chan doesn't matter anymore, it's Reddit that's the lightning rod, they vs tumblr, with Twitter as the battlefield.

We're no longer relevant, and I prefer it that way.

Chanology was a mistake.
>>
>>83203541
>I'd like to cancel everything

Bitch probably only had 5 titles total on her pull list.
>>
>>83195071
>you can't be a writer because my cousin is a coddled baby who doesn't understand fiction
>>
>>83203541
>I canceled all my Marvel shit
>except that one book haha sorry I can't give it up
Comic fans have the lowest integrity
>>
>>83203532

Gamergate remains the internet bogeyman for SJW-leaning media, despite having been declawed ages ago.
>>
>>83203589
I guarantee you this person doesn't have a pull list.
>>
>>83194861
Why does everyone assume Hydra=Nazi

Hydra used the Nazi's for their own gain and did not hold the same views, theirs were much worse.
>>
>>83203572
Finally, normalfags are as autistic about continuity as nerds are!
>>
its all fun and games until you piss off the jews.

oy vey. Captain America being a nazi is LITERALLY anudda shoa.
>>
>>83203532
Screencap please
>>
File: 1461556973753.jpg (191 KB, 647x486) Image search: [Google]
1461556973753.jpg
191 KB, 647x486
>>83194945
Seriously.
Not trying to gatekeep this community, but you can always tell who hasn't been reading comics for that long. Literally none of this matters, it'll be retconned back to status quo just like Spock, Superior Tony, and Old Cap were, just like Fem Thor and Cho hulk will be aswell. At worst, it'll last until Cap's next movie appearance.

That being said, in the meantime we might actually get an interesting comic run out of this concept. Probably not, but maybe.
As for Marvel angering it's fans, I just.. I can't be bothered to care anymore. I'm actually surprised to see just how much Hydra Cap is bothering people because of just how indifferent I've become to them as a whole.
>>
>>83203611
>I bet Gamergate is behind turning Cap into Hydra.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>83194861
First cap is gay, now he's a nazi.

I can't wait to see what they do next with the poor man. Or maybe woman.
>>
>>83203541
>WAHH ONE WRITER DID SOMETHING STUPID, NOW I CAN'T STAND THE MERCH
Boo-fucking-hoo, if I felt that way every time someone does something stupid with Spider-Man, people would think I'm a pyromaniac.
>>
1 page from a comic is overshadowing the whole dc rebirth, this is so funny and sad at the same time.
>>
File: wef.jpg (40 KB, 517x404) Image search: [Google]
wef.jpg
40 KB, 517x404
>>83203631
>Why does everyone assume Hydra=Nazi

dunno i always assumed them being baltic fascists. beside that Hydra are Nazis.
>>
>>83203730
It's Marvel. They could literally ship out shit on a page and it would overshadow DC.
>>
>>83194861
I want to go back to when normies only gave a shit about Iron Man and X-Men movies
>>
>>83203688
It makes me wonder if people flipped their shit when Bucky was killed in the 40's. Way more people were reading comics then too. Now, the top selling books sell around 100,000 copies. Most sell around 40,000 (Marvel/DC) and many Marvel/DC books are 20,000 or even less. Hell, some are below 10,000.
>>
File: 1451770964080.png (121 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451770964080.png
121 KB, 300x300
>>83203739
>baltic
Aren't Hydra supposed to be intelligent?
>>
>>83195614
No, he's supposedly a HYDRA agent. Who haven't been nazis in a long fucking time
>>
>Bendis and Slott are no longer the most infamous
>>
>>83195071
>THAT HAPPENED
>>
File: 14583195868800.jpg (57 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
14583195868800.jpg
57 KB, 600x444
>>83203718
>First cap is gay, now he's a nazi.

watch first 20 min of this video.

https://youtu.be/eC0ZcHD9NcQ
>>
>>83203767
>It makes me wonder if people flipped their shit when Bucky was killed in the 40's
Bucky wasn't killed in the 40s. His death was actually never shown on panel. His death was a retcon that happened in the 60s to explain why he wasn't around.
>>
>>83196168
No because Grant Morrison doesn't have twitter, he knows better.

Also these are parodies.
>>
File: 136294414-e1415971714620.jpg (86 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
136294414-e1415971714620.jpg
86 KB, 800x450
>>83203783

are they ruling the world already?
>>
File: Sid+Vicious.png (382 KB, 339x500) Image search: [Google]
Sid+Vicious.png
382 KB, 339x500
all HEIL based spencer
>>
>>83203541
oh my god, where to start?

First of all, if having Cap go Hydra is insulting to the victims of the Holocaust, wouldn't having the villains of a fictional superhero comic book resembling Nazis also be insulting?

Second
>i can't believe THIS is what it took for the marvel fandom to give a shit about jewish issues.
Are there Jewish issues the Marvel fandom should be giving a shit about? Damn, while they're at it I guess we all better write down our issues so the Marvel fandom can start giving a shit about those too. Also, is "a fictional superhero is sided with fictional Nazis" considered a Jewish issue?

Third
>they think that nazis are a boogeyman from a bygone era and swastikas are edgy fashion choices
quite a thing to assume from a writer who made a fictional hero temporarily side with a fictional villain. Also Hydra doesn't have swastikas so ????
>>
>>83203851
Okay, even in the 60's. I didn't know it was done decades later.
>>
>>83197621
>>83202330
Pretty sure a Jew was somehow responsible for Cap being HYDRA.
>>
>>83195070
>when they were 6!
>not when they were 6 gorillion
>>
>Treating fictional characters like they're real people
Literally who cares about this bullshit
>>
>>83203794
>Who haven't been nazis in a long fucking time
Try ever. It was a Japanese organization that Strucker co-opted into a fascist terrorist cell seeking world domination after the war and funded with Nazi gold. But strictly speaking, they were never nazis. Evil fascist super-terrorists funded by Nazi gold and led by a former nazi? Yes. Actual nazis themselves? No.

When Marvel wanted to use nazi villains they just used nazi villains. They didn't have to pretend nazis didn't exist and replace them with a "stand-in" that everyone claims HYDRA was. Red Skull was still a nazi and would have nazi lackeys, but Red Skull wasn't part of HYDRA. HYDRA was its own beast.

But of course, moviefags don't realise that.
>>
>>83196643

> Literally think of the children
> The Nazis only killed Jews meme
>>
>>83203541
Swastikas are hinduist/buddhist symbols, fuck off with your "LE NAZIS" meme, white cunts.
>>
My favorite thing about this is how hard /co/ is bending over backwards to justify this as a good decision. Like, "Oh, the SJWs think Nazi Cap is dumb? LOOKS LIKE I'M A NAZI NOW!"

Five years ago you guys would have been sending death threats.
>>
>>83203892
The fact that it was just a retcon is the entire reason Brubaker ended up bringing Bucky back. Brubaker was a huge Captain America fan, and so Bucky's death and how it effected Cap was always something that Brubaker thought was such a huge big deal for the character.

So he spent YEARS trying to track down what issue it happened in, only to eventually realise that it... never actually happened. He was so pissed that he decided that the whole thing was bullshit in the first place if it was all just a retcon, so he brought Bucky back as the Winter Soldier.

And here we are.
>>
File: ohhyyeeeoo.jpg (102 KB, 853x482) Image search: [Google]
ohhyyeeeoo.jpg
102 KB, 853x482
>>83203857
>Also these are parodies.

dunno..

https://youtu.be/naoe8KF_3Kw
>>
>>83203865
I want to fill this filthy hohol with my "gorilka" if you catch my drift.
>>
Does anyone believe a Jewish child would waste money on something as expensive as comics?
>>
>>83203541
Here's more
>I-IT'S NOT LIKE I WANTED TO WORK THERE BAKA!!!
And it all comes out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.