[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that the Japanese are getting right what Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 27
File: Boku-no-Hero-Academia-01-58.jpg (200 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Boku-no-Hero-Academia-01-58.jpg
200 KB, 1280x720
How is it that the Japanese are getting right what Americans lost touch with long ago?
It doesn't really make any sense.
Has America lost its Heroic Heart?
>>
>>83172935
>he hasn't read Rebirth

/a/-kun pls
>>
It's one writer that has been planning this manga for years for his own characters and brand compared to marvel writers that continuously recycle characters and have little prep time.
>>
>>83172935
blame the movies. grimdark is in
>>
>>83172935
weirdly goes both ways. america's getting the nuance and naughtiness and not-talk-down-to-its-childrenness japan used to have, and japan's getting the heroic righteousness we used to have. fuck, it's incomplete without both!
>>
>>83172935
Rebirth looks to fix that. Though I would say it won't be long before MHA goes grim dark, given the authors last work had a girl being beat and tortured as comedy.
>>
>>83173563
>america's getting the nuance and naughtiness and not-talk-down-to-its-childrenness japan used to have
Have you seen our cartoons lately? Have you seen marvel's women-child comic they have been making? How about DC's stuff? Come on now those are not nuanced.
>>
>>83172996
This. You can't expect corporate dogpile comics to be worth anything.

That said BHA isn't good either.
>>
File: 1446256735281.png (421 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446256735281.png
421 KB, 640x360
>>83172935
>I don't read comics
>I only go off of what I've heard on the internet
There are less idiotic ways of trying to have a BnHA thread, OP.
>>
>>83173715
Are there really?
And I've been skimming a few story times, but what would you suggest in a comic that would tickle my sub-cockle region like BnHA does on a regular basis?
>>
File: Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg (897 KB, 1444x1097) Image search: [Google]
Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg
897 KB, 1444x1097
>>83172935
Marvel knowingly parodies its own stupidity.
>>
>>83173563
>america's getting the nuance and naughtiness and not-talk-down-to-its-childrenness japan used to have

wat
>>
File: N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png (3 MB, 1228x950) Image search: [Google]
N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png
3 MB, 1228x950
>>83173915
Events and more events. You tell me where it went wrong.
>>
File: 1462660035129.gif (2 MB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
1462660035129.gif
2 MB, 400x223
>>83173931
what is he talking about
>>
>>83173999
>one-pump man
>>
>>83173999
What anime?
>>
>>83173563
When? Where?
>>
>>83174101
Don't trust me on this one, but I think its azazel-san.
>>
>>83172935
>How is it that the Japanese are getting right what Americans lost touch with long ago?

Based on what, one or two flavor of the month manga series? Mugga, please.
>>
>>83172935
The bomb is the most American thing ever, and we gave the Japs TWO of them.
>>
>>83174362
Y'know I was thinking about that earlier today.
Poor fucking Japan. Not only are they alone in being the only Nation to ever get nuked, it happened twice.
>>
>>83172935
>the japanese
That's just like one guy, sempai faggot-kun
>>
Talking japanese heroes, how are we enjoying Kamen Rider Amazons?
>>
There is no jews in Japan.
>>
>>83173563

Where the hell are you finding this in modern cartoons and can you point me to that dirrection?

In any case, it's good that Japan is picking up America's slack and making decent animated superhero series
>>
>>83174214
It is.
>>
>>83172935
Because the Japanese example you posted is one in a diamond dozen. And America has not lost its "Heroic heart", all they done is move forward.
>>
>>83174776
If it really is a diamond dozen then I won't take it for granite. It's hard to find material like this in this doggy dog world, so I guess I take that as a constellation prize.
>>
>>83174776
>move forward
Then why does it feel so backwards?
>>
File: nuWW.jpg (37 KB, 633x337) Image search: [Google]
nuWW.jpg
37 KB, 633x337
>>83174776
>all they done is move forward

In what direction?
>>
>>83174893
Because you turned your back on Freedom.
I'm not being serious, I just wanted to get in on this bond one-liner back and forth.
>>
File: tumblr_n3hav35yLz1s7t6efo5_400.gif (1 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3hav35yLz1s7t6efo5_400.gif
1 MB, 359x202
PokeVengers was better than any current hero toon
>>
>>83173915

Not gonna lie, I'd buy a Spider-storm comic.
>>
File: tom-brevoort (1).jpg (29 KB, 625x295) Image search: [Google]
tom-brevoort (1).jpg
29 KB, 625x295
>>83172935
>How is it that the Japanese are getting right what Americans lost touch with long ago?

Marvel is trolls. DC is trying to fight declining sales. In neither case do people want good guys.
>>
>>83172935
>boku no hero academia
>highschool
>teenagers
>>
File: Iron Mon.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Iron Mon.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>83175961
the one ep with deadpool and cap destroying the monolith was 10/10
>>
does my hero weebamania have recurring villains, an overall plot?

or is it just Naruto with super heroes, i feel like its not super heroes either, probably some soul eater shtick
>>
>>83177162
>my hero weebamania have recurring villains
yes
>an overall plot
yes
>just Naruto with super heroes
???
>not super heroes either
incorrect
>>
>>83177162
It (I feel deliberately) subverted Naruto hard recently. It has super heroes, plot, recurring villains.

I knew people were gonna hate this shit once the anime aired - I haven't watched it - but the manga is great. It reminds me so much of stuff like the X-Men and how I wish the young X-Men stuff could be handled. It does great character development, even alongside its action scenes. Superheroics aren't portrayed as solely 'I fight you, you fight me' either. It's just a really nice superhero comic.
>>
good night sweet prince
>>
File: image.png (135 KB, 429x521) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135 KB, 429x521
This is the end...
>>
>>83172935
>Watch the first two episodes and decide it's charming enough and give it a go
>By episode 3 it becomes apparent it's just gonna be as generic as possible
>>
>>83177676
>watching the anime over reading the manga
>ever
Bet you're a moviefag too.
>>
>>83172935
I'd attribute it to Japans Superhero traditions being largely untouched by the 'grimdark' fad of the 90's. Japanese television (not anime, television) seems to have this weird thing where it grinds on, producing season after season of similar subject matter. Seemingly untouched by outside influence. That's why we've got 60+ years of super-sentai and kamen rider. I feel like that went a long way towards preserving the bones of the superhero genre for series like Hero Academia, Flamenco, and OPM.

There's also the significant differences in the way properties are published, and even created in each country. I think Japan's system allows for the stand outs to really break into other media more quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>83177273
>It's just a really nice superhero comic.

I've been quite enjoying the anime so far.
It's a nice light-hearted superhero series; good mix of humor, badass moments, and character development. Besides, it's not like the West is producing any superhero cartoons worth watching ATM
>>
>>83177612
>before a die, a last 100% fap.
>>
>>83177790
>I'd attribute it to Japans Superhero traditions being largely untouched by the 'grimdark' fad of the 90's
Kind of bullshit thought because characters in MHA like Stain are directly referencing that.
>>
>>83177066
>Spider-storm
>not Thing Jr.

pleb desu
>>
>>83177790
I'd chalk it to a lack of what preceded 90's grimdark, more than 90's grimdark itself. They didn't have the Comics Code, or the entire era where comic books weren't allowed to be more than harmless fluff, and thus no desire to subvert that turning into ALL THE EDGY
And also the REALLY edgy stuff tended to go poorly. Remember KR Amazon? Mortal Kombat tier of hilarity, and also the one KR series that got cut short. Shin didn't fare much better.
>>
>>83177790
nah, I think the main difference is working on a finite number of arcs, with the same writer from start to finish, that actually owns his characters.
>>
>>83177790
Grimdark was a fad in Japan during the 80s and 90s, it was mostly limited to sci-fi and horror OVAs though, rather than meshing with mainstream tv shounen stuff.
>>
>>83177915
This. That's the real problem with Western comics. They don't END.
Even long-runners like One Piece have a set goal in mind, and even though its been going on nearly 20 years, everything is still building to that end. As such, even crazy seemingly-unconnected adventures feel like they have a purpose in the grand scheme.
You just don't get that with western comics.
>>
File: 1159.jpg (77 KB, 490x710) Image search: [Google]
1159.jpg
77 KB, 490x710
>>83177937
True. Doesn't help that since OVAs are mostly three to six episodes, most of that grimdark stuff ended up being underdeveloped and really, really stupid.
But fun to watch.
>>
>>83177841
I'm not really suggesting that Japanese creators are culturally unaware of American fads. I'm more trying to say that the 90's shift in American comics to try and 'be like Watchmen' or 'be like TDK' didn't impact Japanese creators the way that mindset did the American market. Besides 90's edge is essentially part of comic history now, so anything referencing it blatantly, eastern or western, can be considered omage/parody.

Also, I'm not suggesting that Japan never dips it's toe into the grimdark pool where superheros are concerned. But again, because of there publishing model, we only really notice what rises to the top.
>>
>>83177841
they are aware of it but didn't experience it firsthand. all their grimdark stuff went into shonen fightan anime like SOA and giant robot anime
>>
>>83174362
>>83174414
you joke but I honestly a large part of how Japan approches it's comics industry comes from their attitude thowards the "atomic age".
>>
>>83172935
They realize superhero are for children so they don't try to make them serious. If they want to make serious stuff they choose other genres.
>>
comics must be in a really bad shape if you guys jere on /co/ eat up a shitty battle shonen with heroes as the twist.
so far the only and i mean ONLY good manga with super heroes is onepunch man,everything else is generic battle shonen or some other generic thing
>>
>>83178093
>reads neither comics nor manga
>hurr I am better than all this site together listen to muh truth
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/tv/
>>
>>83178093
You don't know by half
>>
>>83177949
>Even long-runners like One Piece have a set goal in mind
hasn't the author explicitly stated he has no idea what the One Piece is and doesn't care to figure it out?
>>
>>83178019
I think saying that MHA is the way it is because Japan didn't have a grimdark fad in the 90s (it's had that kind of content around for much longer than that) is just inaccurate. MHA is clearly written with an eye to the history of Western comics: the characters and their designs are representative of that.

Like >>83178028 is some bullshit. Japan had nothing edgy in the 90s? They had Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel Alita, Blade of the Immortal, Violence Jack, Dragon Head. They didn't have the similarities of design (massively overmuscled guys, all the guns, all the swords, all the pouches) but storywise they had the elements that dominated Western comics and, importantly, they had already had them for years. When did Devilman hit? The 70s?
>>
>>83173915
Thing Jr looks like it would be fun to be honest
>>
>it's a "I am too cool to like western stuff so I love asian stuff more!" thread

almost as bad as people praising modern asian cinema on /tv/ just to be different
>>
>>83178128
oh is that your defence?
i read comics and manga but more manga cause i read mostly monthly comics.
i know what manga is good and what is not,you clearly seem to never read manga so you are eating a shit series like academia up like its the next best thing,i mean come on,the anime is a complete and utter flop in both ratings and sales.
neither did it get much of a boost for the manga.
this manga turned into another toriko
>>
>>83178172
You're just as completely fucking retarded as the people that put their dog on Marvel or DC. It's not a dichotomy. It's not a competition. You can like both - you should like both, because both do good things and often they do it in different ways.
>>
>>83178208
>i read comics and manga
you admitted you don't here
>comics must be in a really bad shape if
backpedal = game over you lying piece of self important shit.
>>
>>83178208
>My tastes are objective, yours are subjective
>It's important to me you don't like this
>I won't be specific in my criticisms or mention what I do actually like though
I'm not that anon, but kindly shut down both your computer and your life.
>>
>>83178215
>look at how enlightned I am

Excuse me, retard, where did I say I only like one or another? I was making fun of people that prefer one over the other for petty reasons but I guess you felt the need to feel superior in your pathetic life or lack reading comprehension
>>
>>83178208
>i know what manga is good and what is not
Name some of the best ongoing shouen then.
>>
>>83178141
Last I heard (a few months back) he said the series was 75% finished.
>>
File: 1463773725775.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1463773725775.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>
>>83172935
3 words.

Tokyo Movie Shinsha; I do fear for them however if the staff would to retire due to working since the 70s and I do not want them to die out on Blue Jacket, they deserve better then that.
>>
>>83178313
More.
>>
>>83178241
actually you misunderstand that one.
i was curious ow you guys eat up shit like academia like its the next best thing so said comics must be in a bad shape,no one corrected me

>>83178283
dude shonen,well,most of it sucks ass
only exception is hunter x hunter and the rest of shonen is shit
>>
>>83177086

I don't understand what you're trying to say
>>
File: zyuohger-teammorph.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
zyuohger-teammorph.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>83178337
>>
>>83178311
about one piece,the author said two years ago that he can still write it for atleast 10 more years
>>
>>83177790
Bruce Timm says hi.
>>
File: Opinion Discarded.jpg (262 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Opinion Discarded.jpg
262 KB, 800x800
>>83178350
>hunter x hunter
Thanks for confirming your shit taste.
>>
>>83177273
In my opinion the anime vastly improved on the manga, especially in terms of pacing
After watching it I went back and reread some of the early chapters, my god it's a blatant upgrade
>>
>>83178392
well well well,what do we have here?
a guy who thinks boku no shit academia is better than hunter x hunter,never thought id see such horrendously shit taste,
>>
>>83178372
He said he could if he wanted to, by showing a lot more side stuff, but as of late his health has been failing
his editors are basically forcing him to A) take a week off once a month so he doesn't work himself into an actual grave and B) hurry the fuck up so he doesn't die before he finishes
But basically if he wanted to he could stretch the story out forever just by showing a lot more of the world and doing more side material, the world of One Piece is incredibly big and lively and the dude seems to have an endless stock of side characters
>>
>>83173563
What? What American cartoons are you talking about?
And maybe I watch edgy anime but I haven't noticed that at all with anime either.
>>
>>83172935
Boku no Hero Academia is still just your average shonen jump shit. Look, I love it, I've been following manga for a long time, but it does things pretty by the book and only thing it has over American capeshit is that it's 100% owner created and he gets to do with character what status QUO prevents American writers to do with their characters. And characters that aren't big name brands with movies behind them aren't selling.

Honestly, BnHA has fucking nothing on the best things American capeshit has to offer (Spider-man's Gauntlet; Daredevil's Born Again, actually, scratch that, Daredevil's volume 2; Garth Ennis' Punisher; Buseik's Thunderbolts; Claremont's X-men)
>>
File: deku 56.png (152 KB, 346x384) Image search: [Google]
deku 56.png
152 KB, 346x384
>>83177612

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

PLEASE GOD, NO!
>>
>>83178471
if hunter x hunter is so good, why does no one ever talk about anything other than the chimera ant arc?

because from the way fans talk about hunterXhunter it sounds like there's only one good arc in the whole thing and everything else is too mediocre to bother discussing
>>
>>83178366
That is exceptional.
>>
>>83178748
>If One Punch Man is so good, why does no one ever talk about anything other then that one episode that had animation done by Hiroyuki Aoyama.

2 can play this game.
>>
>>83178589
I don't think anyone is saying BnHA is on the level of Born Again. But it's definitely not on the same level as your average shonen - which is like Bleach, Naruto, Toriko, Magi etc?
>>
>>83177715
obvious /a/ fag
>>
>>83174929
>1 panel from digital comic no one reads
>vs entire Azz run and hopefully upcoming Rucka run
Faggot
>>
>>83178915
Actually some people like comcis from Japan and America
And not reading a medium that is literally used to teach children with learning disabilities to read is unbelievable
>>
File: Poyo.jpg (245 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Poyo.jpg
245 KB, 585x900
>>83178881

This is so fucking true

If everyone loves it

It gets no discussion except during the release of said episode or chapter release

My best example to this would be Chew

/co/ never talks about it unless the new issue comes out
>>
>>83180572
>/co/ never talks about [Chew] unless the new issue comes out
But it has been seldom storytimed recently.
>>
I miss Heroman.
>>
>>83180585

I think it's because when the final issues come out it's going to get marathoned in the end
>>
>>83178748
It's superlative. Some of the other arcs are really good, actually. There is not another arc in that manga or show that is as good.

The first Arc, about the examination starts sort of slowly, and the first episode is about catching a big fish so Gon's Aunt will let him go take the exam. (She hopes that somehow, he won't be able to. Which is ridiculous for anyone who raised him to say given how tenacious he is.)

Yorknew with the Phantom Troupe, is great, and in the anime, they have a delicious theme too.

Greed Island is pretty great, and is like Yu-Gioh, but with more theft, and murder, and a villain who violently dismembers people with bombs. The fight versus him is extremely entertaining because it foreshadows later fights, and continues the trend of Gon being totally stubborn. The Dodgeball match is also Serious Business, and pretty hype.

It's just that the Ant Arc asks interesting questions, and has neat fights, and characterization and development for seemingly unlikely opponents. (He looks like a bug! he must be evil! Maybe he is kind of evil! but he cares about stuff!)
>>
>>83175961
>that finger thing
Cute.
>>
>>83177823
>>83178457
>Preferring the anime

Nah. Way too much crying and yelling, and time devoted to both of those things. It also, to me, feels kind of empty in comparison. I don't know why. Maybe because I like the characters much more in the manga, in the anime I'm pretty lukewarm about everyone, especially the MC.
>>
>>83174776
What's all this "forward" shit? What does that even mean? What's the destination, and why does the decision to use "going forward" instead of "from now on" sound like some douche-y brit thing?
>>
>>83177790
>I think Japan's system allows for the stand outs to really break into other media more quickly and efficiently.
This is key, but why american companies have not tried this system? It is true that mangakas usually work themselves to dead, but in the end is their choice.
>>
>>83177612
Oh no
>>
>>83172935
>Has America lost its Heroic Heart?
>implying it ever had one
>>
>>83181622
t. butthurt britbong
>>
Boku no hero academia is a shit series about heroes

Tiger and Bunny > *
>>
>>83182099
>murikkk trying the whole brand loyalty war logic with anything else than their capeshit and video games
nope, not going to work kid
>>
>>83178172
But i like both. In different way of course and both has ups and downs.
>>
>>83178141

Oda's known what One Piece is and what the final arc will consist of since day one son. He's said it time and again.

Luffy had the opportunity to learn what One Piece was a while back and declined due to Adventure. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
>>
>>83178172
OR you think Western stuff has been lacking as of late and so you've gone back to asian stuff

I seriously, there hasn't been a SINGLE cartoon in the past year I've been interested in
>>
>>83181116
I actually enjoyed Yorknew better than CA.
Both are IMO two of the best Shounen arcs I've read; for Yorknew, I loved how the story switched from a Battle-Shounen to more of a Crime-thriller with superpowers

While Chimera Ant just did an overall top-notch job at developing it's cast throughout the series and was a major game-changer for the HxH universe
>>
>>83174214
I know that feel. Hemorrhoids suck.
>>
>>83178535

Thankfully you haven't seen Isekai Harem LN #15416 on the long list of adaptations with a 3 month lifespan. Or a toy commercial, take your pick.

>>83177902

They remade Amazon with AMAZONS.
>>
File: 1293835255325.gif (686 KB, 278x300) Image search: [Google]
1293835255325.gif
686 KB, 278x300
>>83177832
>>83181600
>>83178668
Have you guys never seen...anything before?

All Might had death flags up on him from day fucking one. Hell, I half expected his power transfer to actively kill him while Deku got stronger.

Still gonna hurt like a bitch though, All Might is the fucking best.
>>
>>83183110
>Hell, I half expected his power transfer to actively kill him while Deku got stronger.
It actually does.
He even says it in a thought bubble that as Midoriya grows, he'll wither away.
>>
>>83183192
See, I still don't know if that's literal or not.

He could just be talking about him taking up the mantle and All Might fading from public view into obscurity.

But I'm an Anime-Only guy. I want to get into the manga, but I want to keep watching the anime and I don't want to spoil myself. So yeah, if they actually confirmed that's what it does, sorry.
>>
>>83178313
Man, the japanese zootopia release sure changed a lot of stuff
>>
Watching the BNH anime made me realize tha the thing that REALLY hooked me on the manga was just the quality of Hirikoshi's art. Beyond that it's nothing spectacular story wise, but the kids designs, the way he does shadows, and the way he does expressions really pulls the whole thing together, which is why the anime isn't drawing me in quite as much.
>>
>>83183401
This came out in February
>>
>>83183311
Same here but when the season ends I'll probably start reading.
It doesn't help that I hear that things aren't going well for the anime so it might no longer be an issue.
>>
File: WHERE IS SUPERMAN.jpg (86 KB, 800x645) Image search: [Google]
WHERE IS SUPERMAN.jpg
86 KB, 800x645
>>83173218
I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER DECADE OF THIS. THE 90s WAS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS
>>
>>83182802
>I loved how the story switched from a Battle-Shounen to more of a Crime-thriller with superpowers
I think that's one of HxH's strengths overall. It doesn't really have a set arc structure like most long-runners do. Sometimes it plays the shonen cliches straight, while other times it veers off in a completely different direction. You never really know what to expect when a new arc starts.
>>
>>83183675
>THE 90s WAS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS

Not for DC. A lot of good shit came from that time period.
>>
>Supes just died
>Now All Might is going to die
Why must you kill off the symbols of hope?
>>
File: 19.png (410 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
19.png
410 KB, 900x1300
I will miss him so much.
>>
File: new-mail.jpg (439 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
new-mail.jpg
439 KB, 1050x1080
>>83172935
>Has America lost its Heroic Heart?
Yes.
>>
Jesus christ Hero Academia isn't even that good and this is coming from someone who loves cape movies and shounen anime/manga.

The manga is melodramatic garbage. All the characters are extremely one-note. Deku has a shallower character arc than fucking Naruto
>>
>>83174446
I'm loving it
>>
>>83184997
To be honest I'd take my girlfriend's last name cuz it's some badass german surname.
>>
>>83185056
Unless it's Reinhardt or Reichwein or Liebert, no, you shouldn't.

Also,
>girlfriend
NORMIES REEEEEEEEEE GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>83185032
>Deku has a shallower character arc than fucking Naruto
Naruto actually has one of the best character arcs in shonen so this isn't a good point. I know there is a lot of shit people hate about Naruto, including the characters themselves, but they definitely have really deep and long arcs to their characters. Whether or not you like the characters enough to watch them develop is another thing.
>>
>>83173563
>I am completely delusional
>>
>>83185056
I always never minded either taking her last name or making a joint name. It's both of your families being joined together.
>>
>>83178093
Tiger and Bunny was good
sorry :^)
>>
>>83178313
Zyouger and Amazons have been great. it's good to have a good year of Kamen Rider and Sentai.
>>
>>83184941
no, not Toshinori
>>
>>83178093
>one meme man
>>
>>83172935
is heroaca de male version of ms marvel?
>>
>>83186793
>He forgets Ghost
2/3 ain't bad
>>
>>83185226

Maybe in the first half, but once Sasuke went full edge and Naruto became Jesus, all that development went straight to shit.
>>
>>83187563
Ghost is okay, weak start but it's getting good recently
>>
>>83187601
Naruto only became Jesus in the last arc really or perhaps the arc before that if you prefer.

I rewatched Naruto a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how much my opinion changed when I stopped caring about the incredibly shit fanbase.
You ever have one of those moments where you don't really like a show but you respect what it tries to do?
Rewatching it in a relatively short span and skipping filler shit, it was truly astonishing how well Naruto's character develops. During the pain arc, one of the only real good arcs in the second half, it becomes super clear how good that development was.
Naruto finally felt like he was in a position to be the true hero of the story.
He wasn't full of rage (till hinata gets hit) or scared. He was just protecting the village in a calm manner and it felt super natural.

Compared to other shonens where the characters hardly change and when they do it usually is rushed and feels a bit jerky and last for like an arc or so, Naruto had a long 500 chapter arc that felt completely subtle yet at the same was extremely noticeable during that one part.
Sure, the last stretch of the manga was fucking awful but it definitely was as bad as I thought it was overall.
>>
>>83188538

I was never bothered by the hate for it, but I gave up at the Shinobi War part. Too many characters, the chosen one plotline, Sasuke's assupull wins, etc. took me out of it.
>>
>>83187601
>>83188538
>>83185226
Naruto should have ended at the pein arc.

I mean, that was when Naruto finally went from zero to hero.
>>
>>83183311
I think that when he transfers the power, he essentially loses it. But since his wound would essentially kill a normal person, he'll probably die from it without One for All sustaining his body.
>>
>>83188538
>rewatch
>being an anime peasant
>>
>>83178589
I don't think Hero Academia is exceptional by any means, but it's better than the average ongoing comic from either Marvel or DC nowadays. I also think it's a step above your average shonen shit because it actually has a cast of fairly developed characters and that are actually designed fairly well. The art alone is one of the bigger draws.
>>
>>83172935
>heroes obsessed with ranks and station
>villains that are just evil for because

Ah Japanese superhero animes
>>
File: artisticrenditionoftheDCEU.png (734 KB, 1280x1355) Image search: [Google]
artisticrenditionoftheDCEU.png
734 KB, 1280x1355
>>83184575

Because humanity no longer believes in hope. They believe in despair and lonely survival.
>>
>>83189976
Did you even read the manga.
>>
>>83188538
Pein arc was the natural end of the series, if not for the Uchiha bullshit the manga would be better.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.