[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /co/, I'm sick of the Big Two and their retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Alright /co/, I'm sick of the Big Two and their retarded gimmicks. Can you recommend me some good indie comics that are coming out right now?

If it helps, I enjoy action, high concept stuff and character driven stories. Not necessarily from Image, didn't know what other pic to use.
>>
>>83154076
Just read any Valiant series other than Faith. Same Big Two flavor without the shit aftertaste.
>>
Sadly most Image stuff is just transparent TV and movie pitches. Decent first arcs but they almost all fall off after that.

There are no good comics.
>>
Chew is close to ending, but I highly recommend the trades/omnivore editions.
Descender and Empty Zone are my current pull list from Image that are solid.
If Vertigo counts, then check out Sheriff of Babylon.
>>
Chew
Rumble
The Humans
Prophet and Earth War
Pretty Deadly
Copra
Harrow County
Hip Hop Family Tree
>>
>>83154076
Hellboy.
>>
>>83154611
What is Pretty Deadly about. I'm slightly curious, but I know next to nothing about it.

>>83154643
>>83154774
Just ignore posts/threads that you don't want to discuss. And obviously, don't reply to trolls.
>>
>>83154172
>>83154533
>>83154611
>>83154619
Thanks guys, I'm gonna check some of these out.
>>
>>83154076
Nailbiter
Southern Bastards
Lazarus

Just warning you a lot of these indie books don't come out frequently
>>
>>83154992
Yeah, some of them take breaks, to refresh their ideas and focus on trade sales, instead of pushing out a meaningless fill in floppy.
>>
Check the stuff on Valiant, literally the only company that can pull crossovers correctly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.