[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most based character of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: The-Comedian.jpg (997 KB, 1575x2100) Image search: [Google]
The-Comedian.jpg
997 KB, 1575x2100
Most based character of all time?
>>
its time to shit
>>
>>83135221
>Tries to rape a woman
>Kills JFK
>Guns down pregnant woman
>Discovers sinister plot to kill millions and instead of doing anything sits at home watching TV until he's killed
What a hero
>>
I see someone read watchmen for the first time
>>
If you come out of Watchmen thinking anyone there was based, then you've missed the entire point of the story.
>>
>>83135883

You're giving him too much credit.

He watched the movie.
>>
>>83135514
>Discovers sinister plot to kill millions and instead of doing anything sits at home watching TV until he's killed

What's the justification for this? I get that figuring out Veidt's plan completely fucked with his head and completely destroyed his world view, but was it ever explained why he did jackshit about it? He had government connections, he could have went to Manhattan, he could have went to anyone and they would've believed him in a heartbeat no matter how crazy it sounded, but nope. He picks an old man retired supervillain.

What am I missing here, oh wise Moorefags? Don't give me this shit about BUT BUT THAT WAS THE POINT HE HAD NO FRIENDSSSSSS because that's bullshit when we've established that this guy has a working relationship with the President.
>>
>>83135916
>being unable to admit that all of the crazy tactical shit rorschach did like taking down the cops with a hairspray flamethrower and all the shit he did in prison wasn't based
>muh nihiliasm you aren't supposed to like anyone in watchmen 2deep

are all moorefags this fucking joyless?
>>
>>83136045
He knew Ozy was right. It would end war, but the cost of the matter fucked him up. That's why he told someone no one would believe. He didn't want to stop it.
>>
>>83136098

You mean in the same scene where he got captured by said cops? Yeah, a real ninja there.
>>
>>83136098
It's ok to find comic characters cool, you're just not supposed to agree with their world view.

The guy you're replying to thinks he's more mature because he doesn't allow himself to enjoy things.
>>
>>83136045
He knew it would end the war,and it destroyed what little connection he had left to the world and his country.
>>
File: 1305856822996.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1305856822996.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Do we know for certain that there was going to be a third world war? Was there any possibility that just like in real life, people overreacted and blew everything out of proportion, and the conflict could have resolved itself in due time?

I mean, from a logical standpoint, Russia is in the worst position to start shit with the US because of Manhattan's presence. And if you think about it, it really does just make Veidt's plan all the more needlessly tragic and unnecessary.
>>
File: eed.png (188 KB, 255x400) Image search: [Google]
eed.png
188 KB, 255x400
>>83136165
>>
>>83136290

We came so fucking close to WW3 happening in real life, I don't see why it happening in a comic where the cold war escalated is unrealistic. The US military was also actively preparing for it in the comic, even going over strategies with Nixon.
>>
>>83136666
Trips of truth
>>
>>83136666
Man, how did Nixon ever get anywhere near the presidency? Don't answer that, i know the nitty gritty history and the retinue of thugs that worked for him, but still..
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.