[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fans arguing about DC reboot during the 90s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mycape.jpg (126 KB, 659x596) Image search: [Google]
mycape.jpg
126 KB, 659x596
http://imgur.com/a/kyiL3

Fucking hell everything is still the same.

All the arguements and threads about shit being better before. Its all the fucking same.

Its all feels so fucking pointless arguing now.
>>
>>83105222
Are you implying arguing about it ever felt important?
>>
>>83105222
>Comic book fans arguing

What

A

Surprise
>>
I'm just not sure what you expected. Have you never backread? Retcons and reboots did not magically happen any smoother than they do now. Eventually you learn to get over it and read the good runs while hopping off a title when retarded shit is happening.
>>
File: JSA01[1].jpg (375 KB, 800x347) Image search: [Google]
JSA01[1].jpg
375 KB, 800x347
>>83105222
You fucking kids think you have it that bad. I miss my Justice Society before those hack Gardner Fox recon everything before into Earth-2. Not muh Flash, not muh Lantern. Barry Alan is and Hal Jordan are horrible characters. Not to mention Superman doesn't kill any more. Not muh Superman.
>>
>>83105222
Good. Maybe you'll shut the fuck up about it then.
One of the reasons I read the letters pages in old comic scans is to give myself perspective; it shows me how narrow and spoiled a demographic comics readers have become and how pissing and moaning about shit changing has been a part of our fandoms since the 80's at least and almost certainly before as well.

We aren't special, we aren't unique, we aren't original, and nothing about this generation of comics is particularly important just because you happen to be alive and aware of the changes this time.
The solution is to read what you want to read and ignore what you don't want to read.
Like a fucking adult.
>>
>>83105222
Entitled little shits. If they even knew about New 52 they wouldn't be complaining of something as tame as COIE was.
>>
>>83106211
>Entitled little shits.
And we aren't?
I'll grant you, the nu52 has a lot worse editorial control then CoIE did overall, but we're a pretty fucking cunty fandom as a whole.
Like a beaten housewife that refuses to leave her abusive husband because she's grown emotionally dependent upon him, beatings and all.
>>
>>83105222
"Those who fail to learn from history" and all that
>>
What will the next DC reboot 5 years from now be like?
>>
>>83106280
Oh, WE ARE a cunty fandom, that goes without question.
But New 52 destroyed legacy and character relationships in a way COIE certainly didn't because EVEN THOUGH NO MATTER WHAT UNINFORMED PEOPLE TRY TO ARGUE the Post-Crisis world still carried the Pre-Crisis continuity except for Superman who got his entire history rewritten and Wonder Woman who got rebooted and introduced as a new hero.
COIE was bad for some people at that point in time, but if they even knew about New 52, they wouldn't be complaining, because it was certainly a worse idea and even worse executed.
>>
>>83106338
Pointless, arbitrary, poorly written, worse edited, and a desperate attempt to boost sales that will ultimately be a failure.
Just like the last ones have been.
>>
>>83105222
Well... yeah.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.