[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'M GETTING REAL SICK AND TIRED OF THIS HEATWAVE! >IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (1023 KB, 888x502) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1023 KB, 888x502
>I'M GETTING REAL SICK AND TIRED OF THIS HEATWAVE!

>IT IS CRAZY ALL THIS HEAT! WHEN WILL IT END? I'M BURNING UP!

Why do these shows seems so low budget at times?
>>
>>83101815

Pic not related?
>>
>>83101815
Yes.

No.

What do you want from me?
>>
File: 8599.jpg (122 KB, 614x712) Image search: [Google]
8599.jpg
122 KB, 614x712
>show takes place in post-Giuliani Manhatten
>there's non-millionaires
>there's non-whites
>there's crime
>there's no official NYC mascots directed tourists to see all of NYC's greatest sites
>>
>>83101927

>season 1 ends
>Kingpin's plans are thwarted
>he doesn't successfully force out all of the Irish working class and nonwhites
>he doesn't entirely gentrify the neighborhood
>he doesn't rename it Clinton
>he doesn't make millions renting exclusively to millionaire trust fund hipsters from the suburbs

I thought these shows were supposed to be grounded and realistic?
>>
>>83102044
>Forced out the non-whites
>Implying that the main purchasers of expensive property aren't Chinese and Arab millionaires looking to offshore their capital.
>>
File: 4359343-theflash110-12973.jpg (82 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
4359343-theflash110-12973.jpg
82 KB, 720x480
>>83101815
>I'M GETTING REAL SICK AND TIRED OF THIS HEATWAVE!
Yeah, well I ain't a fan of you either, Hair-cuck!
>>
>>83101815
And then, a week or so later, it's Christmas.
>>
>>83102234

Yeah, that was a serious continuity goof.
>>
>>83102234
>>83102517
Unseasonably warm winter.
>>
english is my second language so I can't really tell
is Foggy's dialogue cool or a bit too over the top?
I liked it, for what it's worth
>>
>>83102783
>bit too over the top

This. It's quip tier but I find it tolerable because he actually gets a laugh of me occasionally unlike the rest of the MCU quips.
>>
>>83102638

Unseasonable warmth for the Northeast in December is "comfortable" not "oppressive". Record high for New York in December is 75F. Highest for November is 84. You'd pretty much have to be in "Supervillain Weather Machine" territory to get 90+ temperatures in NYC shortly before Christmas. And, if that were the case, why weren't they telling that story?

I think it's more reasonable to assume they simply forgot how short a period of time the series was going to cover and skipped from late-summer/early-autumn to winter because that's how much time it would take to air that many episodes in normal broadcast. Writers are creatures of habit, but those habits aren't always immediately evident in context.
>>
>>83102165
You need to chill the fuck out, dude.
>>
>>83102783
>>83102837
Foggy is funny when he has silly lines, but his actor is absolutely shit at serious delivery.
>>
>>83102783
His actor delivers the lines very badly.
>>
File: Orson_Welles_1937.jpg (2 MB, 2853x3655) Image search: [Google]
Orson_Welles_1937.jpg
2 MB, 2853x3655
Foggy and the Fisk should turn out to be long lost brothers and Orson Wells should turn out to be their dad.
>>
>>83101927
>hell's kitchen
>controlled by gangs and mafia lords
>not gay restaurant central

hell's kitchen is probably one of the safest areas in the city. and it's less than a square mile
>>
>>83104750
Yeah, they did say that MCU Hell's Kitchen didn't see the improvement that it did in our world.
>>
>>83104870

I think they said they invasion of New York made things in the Kitchen worse.
>>
>>83104750
>>83104870
>>83105453
Wait, is the real Hell's Kitchen nice? My girlfriend loves Daredevil and wanted to visit it when we go to New York sometime, but I keep telling her we'd get mugged and stuff.
>>
>>83107012
Hell's Kitchen isn't that bad during the day but I wouldn't wander around there after it gets too dark.
>>
>>83107012

It's been gentrified as fuck since the late 90's. It's a gayborhood now and is literally one of the safest areas of the city. You won't be mugged anywhere in Manhattan.
>>
File: avocados at law.jpg (47 KB, 600x508) Image search: [Google]
avocados at law.jpg
47 KB, 600x508
>>83107077
>>83107109
Interesting. Thanks. Guess I ought to apologize to her for what I thought was being naive. The girl won't take an Uber late at night with me in Philadelphia but she watches Daredevil and goes "Let's visit there sometime!"
>>
>>83101927
The whole plot is supposed to be that the Chitauri invasion undid all of the gentrification of Hells Kitchen and Harlem apparently.
>>
>>83107142
>lives in Philiadelphia
>afraid of New York
>>
>>83107142

Hell's Kitchen is essentially the NYC equivalent of Center City
>>
>>83107171
Meh, I'd rather get murdered in my hometown than somewhere else. Besides, my girlfriend's not clamoring to visit North Philly because she saw it on TV.

>>83107207
Ooooh. Yay!
>>
>>83107142
>lives in Philly
>thinks NYC is worse

Dude Manhattan is probably the least likely place you'd get mugged. I've wandered around there at 4am, drunk off my ass and managed to come home without a scratch.

Philly is another fuckin story.
>>
>>83107297
I've honestly been decently safe here in Philly too. I just really know next to nothing about New York and didn't wanna be like "Yeah sure let's go see Hell's Kitchen hahahah!" and then be in trouble.

I don't think New York is worse, I was just annoyed at her insistence to visit a place that the show stressed was not friendly or safe. Turns out I'm an idiot.
>>
>>83107109
Well, you rarely gonna be mugged in Brooklyn either. It's hipster paradise now. Alongside Greenwich Village.
>>
>>83107012
You will have more chance to get mugged and possibly shot at in Chicago than in New York nowadays.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.