[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish 20-year old cartoon writers would stop writing romance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25
File: 54645645.png (813 KB, 1139x705) Image search: [Google]
54645645.png
813 KB, 1139x705
I wish 20-year old cartoon writers would stop writing romance. All they seem to do is write cutesy fantasy high school romances because that's all they know.
>>
>>83083075
Most men don't dare to write women realistically. As Briffault's Law upholding hypergamous parasites.
>>
>>83083143
2 out of 4 of these shows are created by women, though. Even if they aren't the writers, they still approve of the writing.
>>
>>83083075
>cutesy fantasy high school romances
Top two romances crashed and burned HARD.
Bottom Right is hardly the writers writing romance since they're already together, and a more proper comparison would have been Steven and Connie.
Bottom Left is probably the most accurate of what you're complaining about, but it's hardly in the few stories that series has.
>>
>Finn got cucked
>Deckard barely appears in B&PC
>lesbians

Straight shipping is facing extinction
>>
>>83083186
Even if the relationships ended, both RS and AT frequently have these speeches that are suppose to be perceived as deep and mature but instead, is just cringey teenager schlock.

People, especially younger people, very rarely spill out all their emotions on the floor and tell someone who has hurt them exactly what is on their mind.

Isn't there some good subtext that could go along with PB cockteasing Finn? Maybe he gets excited he has another chance and deep down, gets angrier and starts fighting more monsters everyday with increasing ferocity. Maybe the more PB plays with his emotions, he grows cynical towards her until he outright hates her. Maybe everytime she sends him out on a quest, he subconsciously sabotages it to make her angry as internal revenge.

But nah, let's just have a hammy speech and they leave amicably. Because these writers are inexperienced with love life and only seem to know exposition.

Steven and Connie I think are one of the few that have a good romance. At least for children characters. It's on par with Bobby and Connie and, to a lesser extent (Because it's a silly show in comparison), Gumball and Penny.

These other shows where it's young adult romances though seem to suck.
>>
>>83083075

Instead of complaining about cartoons that do things you don't like, why not watch cartoons that do things you do like? Not every cartoon has romance in it. Your examples do have a slice-of-life romance to them so that's going to be expected.

It's like buying an orange smoothie and then complaining it tastes too much like oranges.
>>
>>83083075
That's the only good kind
>>
>>83083625
Because these shows are not primarily romances but when they do have them, they're bad. Why am I not allowed to critique bad elements in shows I watch?

Your smoothie comparison isn't even close. It's like buying a Wendy's meal and enjoying everything except the fries.
>>
>>83083075
>fairy tale romance
BOOO UNREALISTIC
>nice down to earth romance
FFF QUIT SHIPPING THIS IS SO HIGHSCHOOL
>constant failures and breakups
UGHH ALL THIS STUPID DRAMA

you are unpleasable.
>>
>>83083750
>Because these shows are not primarily romances
Steven Universe is pretty heavily focused on relationships, why would romance be excluded.
>>
File: what.png (153 KB, 464x463) Image search: [Google]
what.png
153 KB, 464x463
>>83083457
>It's on par with Bobby and Connie
Are we talking about a different Connie here?
>>
File: 76i76i78.png (296 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
76i76i78.png
296 KB, 500x382
>>83083794
>>
You do realize the reason nobody can write romance is because society is all about endless casual hookups and meaningless sex now, right? This is still a step in the right direction.
Hell even the gay shit is still better than the unromantic gay shit we used to get.
>>
Yeah, realistic love stories would be great. The girl just sits around watching Netflix knowing that her boyfriend is fucking someone else but she doesn't say anything because she just wants him to come home. Just come home and make her feel something. Anything.
>>
>>83083625
It really sucks that we're lacking more mature, experienced, and level-headed writers and animators nowadays. We need them to set these younger content creators straight and guide them towards better quality writing/animating.
>>
>>83083143
>Most men don't dare to write women realistically.
Fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>83083750
>Why am I not allowed to critique bad elements in shows I watch?
Critiquing and complaining are two different things. If you really were critiquing the show, you would have mentioned how it hurts the overall performance of the show or how "proper" romance, in your point of view, would have played out. And what a waste of fries
>>
>>83083750
>Because these shows are not primarily romances

Nigga, the very pilot of Adventure Time had awkward kid romance between Princess Bubblegum and Finn. The first episodes of Regular Show heavily showcased Mordicai's one-sided relationship with Margret.

This shit is not just sprung on you, they're elements that have been in these shows since the beginning. Go watch a different show if you don't like these elements. There are plenty of them.
>>
>>83083767
>Assuming it's one person making all the complaints.

Who would have thought /co/ is made up of different folks with different strokes.

>>83083771
Doesn't have to be excluded, but Ruby & Sapphire was pretty cringe-y in the latest ep. Rose+Greg and Steven+Connie are pretty good. But we've been getting more R&S than the other two lately, so I wanted to bring it up.

>>83083869
I did though, here:
>>83083457
>>
>>83083829
Oh. My bad, anon.
>>
>>83083866

With flaws or the women accepting that they are wrong about something.
>>
File: Open letter.png (183 KB, 720x563) Image search: [Google]
Open letter.png
183 KB, 720x563
>>83083075
>>
>>83083887
Romance can be cringey. And it often is from an outside point of view. How is that unrealistic?
>>
I wish 20 year old cartoon writers would stop writing cartoons period
>>
>>83083887
>Doesn't have to be excluded, but Ruby & Sapphire was pretty cringe-y in the latest ep.
They were hilarious.
>You need to hit this game winning ball!
>I can't! Because you're... TOO CUTE
Come on, man, it's silly fun.
>>
>>83083457
>Via9Gag.com
>>
>>83083903
>Why do people want grimdark tales? We already had them over a hundred years ago! Geeze! Get with the times, Grandpa!
>>
>>83083887
>How could you not obviously tell that I posted this message on an anonymous message board.
>>
>>83083933
iunno that sounds like it'd be cute if one of them was a guy
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 512x384
>>83083186
>burned
>>
>>83083903
Are happy ending fairy tales the reason kids are spoiled fucking brats now-a-days who scream in supermarkets if they don't get the cookie they want?
>>
MURGHRET. MUUUUURGHRET.
>>
>>83083895
>"I want female characters who are allowed to be fuck ups."
Oh, I think you'd like Steven Universe. That's about 80% of the show right there.

>>83083933
>>83083917
It really only makes sense that Ruby and Sapphire are like that. They spend the vast majority of their time fused together, and usually when their apart, it's because something bad happened. There was no way they could resist this rare happy moment together, and so the unquenchable lust made itself known.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 512x512
>>83083075
So that blue thing is an onahole?
>>
>>83084081
I think it kind helped too seeing how Steven was getting annoyed with their bullshit.
>>
>>83084084
No, she has legs.

Cute, little, slender legs.
>>
>>83084053

No. That's yours fault. Your parents forgot what discipline is.

You always need a balance.
>>
I broke someone's heart once.
I broke it real bad.

Saving it for a comic story.
>>
>>83084081
Yeah, they blew the whole show by being gay as fuck.
Quite glorious to watch how they maximum the hormone under pressure.
>>
>>83084081
>That's about 80% of the show right there.

Only because 80% of the show is women.
>>
>>83084081
>Steven Universe

Watching the first episode of the first season. Steven is so fucking annoying and Pearl is kind of a bitch.
>>
>>83084053
considering kids turned into brats at around the time they started subverting the happy ending, i'm gonna say no
>>
>>83084215
Not all kids can be parented through time-outs. And any other form is considered abuse by neighbors and social services.
>>
>>83083075
Naturally-flowing adult romance is boring to watch for children, and yes they are still the target market.
>>
File: 1405336609162.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1405336609162.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>83084271
>and Pearl is kind of a bitch

you'll find out why
>>
>>83083075
You know who these shows are targetting? 12-15 year olds. Those little shits eat this stuff up.
>>
>>83084271
Yeah. The first season is a monster of the week kind of show. But it get's better.
>>
I'm still waiting for /co/ to remember the demographic of the audience of these shows, and that sappy "teenager highschool drama relationships" are exactly what their audience is.
>>
>>83084300
I know this and yet I still can't shake the feeling Steven Universe was written for emotionally stunted millenials more than actual children
>>
>>83084271
Steven grows into his own as time passes, and Pearl has a really jacked up perception of certain things.
>>
>>83084271
Yeah, and? Most shows take a bit to find their groove.

>Pearl is kind of a bitch
Oh, there's reasons for that. But hey, you wanted a show about women with flaws. Enjoy the ride, son.
>>
>>83084424
>Yeah, and? Most shows take a bit to find their groove.

Rick and Morty didn't
>>
>>83084448
well that show found its groove and got worse
>>
>>83084448
Season 2 was pretty mediocre though f/am.
>>
>>83084467
>>83084492

Still better than SU t.b.h f.a.m
>>
>>83084053
yes, that's literally the only explanation
>>
>>83084274
Kids have always been brats. Older generations to yours can also pinpoint when the new generations started turning into brats, and younger ones will be all too happy to point out the same about the previous ones.

Kids being horrible is simply human nature, since they haven't had the time to properly develop their social skills, empathy etc. Careful and involved upbringing, or simply a different disposition on the kids' part (remember they're people too, you were one once) can result in different outcomes, but usually the younger they are the worse kids are.

Since you mentioned fairy tales, read Peter Pan. Originally that was one of its themes. It explicitly describes children as "gay, innocent and heartless", for one, and Peter is a feyish and rather inhuman embodiment of childhood.
>>
>>83083903
Disney didn't create the "happily ever after" archetype of story, those "subversions" of the "original fairy tales" existed way before Disney
>>
>>83083866
Just looked up the terms used in that post describing women.

Hypergamy - It means someone who marries up. Women do factually desire a mate who makes more than them. We see it all the time with rich guys marrying their maids.

Briffault's Law - It means that if women cannot get any benefits from being with a man? They refuse to interact with said man. This also is true, once a woman no longer has use for you? She'll get rid of you. Usually in Divorce Court.

Those are the definitions used by that post.
>>
File: quiet chuckle.png (127 KB, 386x422) Image search: [Google]
quiet chuckle.png
127 KB, 386x422
>>83084274
>Kids were all so much better-behaved in the good ol days!
Good joke, chief, good joke.
>>
>>83084275
>All forms of punishment are either time-outs or abuse
Don't have children.
>>
>>83083075
> All they seem to do is write Anime romances because that's all they know.

Fixed.
>>
>>83085241
Some kids hundreds of years ago were forced into leadership positions at a young age if most of their family was killed.

Less than a hundred years ago, kids were forced to understand the concept of death because of drafting and increase in civilian war and media wasn't shy about showcasing violence to them because they most likely grasped the concept. Hence why cowboy films were so popular were children.

Now-a-days, parents will forbid a kid from watching a cartoon if the funny cartoon cat gets hit on the head too hard. Kids from the last twenty years are so sheltered and spoiled, why do you think so many cartoons now-a-days are all about feel-good morals and "everything can be solved through talking it out"?
>>
File: b8.png (139 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
139 KB, 1920x1920
>>83085265
>>
>>83085253
>Doesn't have a basic grasp of reading comprehension.
I hope to God you don't already have children. We don't need more of you. Millennials are stupid enough.
>>
>>83085113
>Primitive society, like many savage societies of our own time, was probably strictly matriarchal. The mother was the head of the family. ...What masculine authority there was resided in the mother's brother. He was the man of the family, and to him the children yielded respect and obedience. Their father, at best, was simply a pleasant friend who fed them and played with them; at worst, he was an indecent loafer who sponged on the mother. They belonged, not to his family, but to their mother's.

Holy Shit. According to this. The "Patriarchy" was the best thing that could have happened to humanity.

I don't believe it. But it will be useful to piss a few tumblerinas in my family.
>>
>>83085344
Or they don't give a shit and let their kids play GTAV.
>>
>>83085265
I agree
>>
>>83085427
And then they bitch to the gamestop guy because they couldn't get off the phone long enough to listen to him tell the parent that it's rated M
>>
>>83085265

This.
>>
>>83085427
Being overly neglected is just as bad as being sheltered. If parents let kids do whatever the hell they want, they start doing whatever the hell they want. Hence being spoiled or sheltered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b1q5MP0A0Y
When your kid starts fighting with some 30-year old over Skype, it's time to start monitoring what the fuck they do on the internet, at least in some moderation.
>>
>>83084300
I wish that writers would play more with romances between quirky or comedic characters.
Then, if they wanted, they could still use the drawn-out "shy guy who can't speak his feelings" stuff, but the characters would at least be entertaining & fun at the same time. Seems like that would be more palatable to kids & adults alike.
>>
>>83085495
Honestly, most people do NOT deserve the right to reproduce. Especially today's modern "women."
>>
>>83085427
>>83085495
>>83085660
When I was little, my dad used to watch Mel Gibson movies and I would sit down and watch them with him. And I loved that. What's the difference between that and playing an M-rated game?
>>
>>83083841
John K, pls go and come back until you're done with Cans Without Labels.
>>
>>83084581
subjective tbqhwy (to be quite honest with you) familia (familia means family)
>>
>>83085705
Cause the parent who got pissed off that their son was playing a violent game is mad at the guy who sold it to them instead of themselves for being an idiot and not paying attention
>>
>>83085753
I was referring more to why is it a problem to let kids watch/play adult stuff rather than the whiny mom scenario.
>>
>>83085798
Dunno. My parents let me drink when I was 16

Meanwhile I'm the one who's never had a DUI or gotten blackout drunk as friends and schoolmates wind up in the hospital after they go to college
>>
>>83085798
>>83085945
I don't get this. How hard is it for parents to tell their children not to imitate cartoons and vidya?
>>
>>83084271
Pearl is autistic
>>
>>83083794
>SUfag not knowing KotH
>>
>>83083834
You projecting a bit there Anon?
>>
>>83084057
SEEJAY WAIT
SEEJAY
SEEJAYYYY
>>
>>83089276
>>83084057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWfPYVZ9t4

WEW
>>
>>83089339
triggered
But honestly I want to know who thought this was genuinely a good idea.
>>
>>83089597
I mean, i know that iw was intentionally made to be hard to watch, but its still bad.
>>
>>83089597
>>83089629
How do you compare that scene to something like The Office's "Scott's Tots" where there's a difference between bad writing and "oh God I'm squirming in my seat because of second-hand embarrassment but in a good way".
>>
>>83083457
>both RS and AT frequently have these speeches that are suppose to be perceived as deep and mature but instead
What exactly is deep and mature about that? Its just a character telling it how it is.

>People, especially younger people, very rarely spill out all their emotions on the floor and tell someone who has hurt them exactly what is on their mind.

This is obviously coming from someone who has never been a relationship let alone one as a teenager (Finn is 15 in that pic) teens are all about being emotional especially when it comes to relationships. Mordecai is harder to defend but even then the show pretty much said he blew it and he really couldn't get over Margret which was a character flaw that's been apparent all throughout the CJ saga.

>Isn't there some good subtext that could go along with PB cockteasing Finn? Maybe he gets excited he has another chance and deep down, gets angrier and starts fighting more monsters everyday with increasing ferocity. Maybe the more PB plays with his emotions, he grows cynical towards her until he outright hates her. Maybe everytime she sends him out on a quest, he subconsciously sabotages it to make her angry as internal revenge.
Now this sounds a lot more like cringey schlock particularly shit you find in animes.

>Steven and Connie I think are one of the few that have a good romance.
You lost any point you had by saying this. They're two incredibly boring characters in a fairly mundane and unrelatable relationship because there's barely if any sort of rift that makes them being together compelling they're just there because the plot demands it.

>It's on par with Bobby and Connie
Thing about Bobby and Connie is that they actually develop, they do have confrontations with one another and the way how they went about acknowledging that they were never meant to be together in the end was really well done that it made me miss them being together mostly because it meant Connie's character was through.
>>
>>83089799
>Gumball and Penny.
'This is really just a joke. Penny is nothing but a trophy wife who's given no reason to like a asshole like Gumball and their relationship is barely even present so it makes them being a couple almost unnecessary. You retards really let The Shell go to your heads.
>>
>>83089799
>Now this sounds a lot more like cringey schlock particularly shit you find in animes.
and yet you're the one defending these western anime romances super hard.
>liking finn & pb but not gumball and penny

ok.
>>
>>83083457
>>83083887
>calls the romance in AT cringey
>praises the romance in SU
Irony
>>
File: 1457816607450.gif (1 MB, 471x330) Image search: [Google]
1457816607450.gif
1 MB, 471x330
>>83083075
I don't have a problem with it I just hate it when that's literally the only thing driving a show.

It should be a tiny addition not the entire fucking plot.
>>
File: 1444392942942.gif (2 MB, 383x207) Image search: [Google]
1444392942942.gif
2 MB, 383x207
>>83089967
>western anime
>>
File: 54g45y4.png (979 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
54g45y4.png
979 KB, 1600x900
>>83090060
keep being delusional, kid.
>>
>>83089967
>super hard
>pointing out the obvious themes both shows were trying to convey that you called super cringey because you couldn't self-insert anymore
Okay
>liking finn & pb but not gumball and penny
Finn and PB do a lot more to each other as characters than Gumball and Penny ever did. Penny barely even appears in the show anymore and their relationship is non-existent and given how the show had a "do care" attitude about status quo why would anyone take their "romance" seriously when the show itself doesn't?
>>
Isn't PB gay for Marceline?
>>
>>83083625
>Instead of complaining about cartoons that do things you don't like, why not watch cartoons that do things you do like?

But then what would he bitch about?
>>
>>83088827
>KotH

Again...what?
>>
File: kingofthehill.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kingofthehill.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>83091292
The only cartoon made for non-degenerates
>>
>>83083075
Rape dungeon/Stockholm Syndrome romance > best romance.
>>
>>83092448
*= not >
>>
>>83089977
Romance in SU is a lot better just because it's less forced for Steven and Connie. Adventure Time is shit at romance, the best moments were probably Pillow Girl, 13 year old PB, and Huntress Wizard moment.
>>
huh, it seems romance is truly hard to handle, especially in comedies, or shows that were planned to be comedies initially. In my understanding, the romance/drama is a double edge to the shows. It may raise the popularity temporarily, but the show ends up to maintain the drama, which usually ends up unpleasantly.
>>
>>83083457
Finn is a cringy teenager (14 at the time of your pic). His only guide is Jake. He has had a girl made of fire a 1000 y/o vampire and wad of gum both pining after him and turning him down nonstop. Of course things are gonna get wierd and ugly.
>>
File: 2015-10-15 20.57.30.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-15 20.57.30.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>83090177

Some asshole never watched The Romantic or The Love.
>>
File: 1463353030485.png (477 KB, 1017x629) Image search: [Google]
1463353030485.png
477 KB, 1017x629
>>83094300
Well, this show has a new, on crack pairing......
>>
>>83083457
>Even if the relationships ended, both RS and AT frequently have these speeches that are suppose to be perceived as deep and mature but instead, is just cringey teenager schlock.
Maybe that's because they are teenagers. I guarantee pretty much everyone here had cringey as fuck relationship stuff when they were the age of most of the protagonists on CN.
>>
>>83094671

Didn't Darwin kissed her as a ghost before in "Halloween"? Meaning he DID have feelings for her?

>>83094724

Isn't Mordecai 23?
>>
>>83094825
or even weirder, for some reason, Carrie has some "feeling" to Darwin as well. Welp, Ben said something might likely happen to Carrie in season 5. Either way, this ghost sure has caused many shitstorms since her debut.
>>
>>83094825
He is, but relationships in RS are written in a way that teens can relate more I suppose.
>>
>>83094300
Is Mr. Robinson's First name Actually Gaylord?
>>
File: YouFuckinWitMe.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
YouFuckinWitMe.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>>83091928
>Propane-fetishists
>Not degenerates
>>
>>83094874

Well, because people I know paired her up with Gumball because Penny was pretty much a peanut with antlers in comparison to Carrie being a goth ghost girl which gives her points before Penny's true form was revealed.

Also Ben is aware of the Gumball/Carrie pairing which he found it amusing

>>83095015

Yes.
>>
>>83095015
Bullshit
>>
>>83084053
>happy ending fairy tales the reason kids are spoiled fucking brats now-a-days?

Now-a-days? This is not even the decade where fairy tales are relevant in media anymore.
>>
File: 1401862081255.jpg (153 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1401862081255.jpg
153 KB, 720x1280
>>83091928
>degenerates
>>
>>83093506
Steven is 14 too
>>
>>83090105
>says the delusional manchild
>>
>>83083275
>>Finn got cucked
Just shut up, Cinnamon Fucker. It's now back to comfy.
>>
>>83083457
>People, especially younger people, very rarely spill out all their emotions on the floor and tell someone who has hurt them exactly what is on their mind.

Maybe not everyone, but lot of people actually do. People who have healty relationships with other people. I'm not even talking romantic relatinships. When a friend hurts another, if they are actually good friends, they often can talk about it in a relatively mature way.

I would say speeches like the one given in the image are actually be pretty relatable. i mean, even i you never spoke of to someone in a similar situation, it might at least reflect how you felt.

Remember these are cartoon network shows for a wide audience, within which kids are heavily factored in. What way would you show them their favorite show heroes behave? Oh, you don't need to answer that, seems like you did already. It's not good in any way.

In some other contexts, showing how fucked up people can end up is reasonable. Not here.
>>
>>83083794
>>83083823
Why don't they spell it Khannie?
>>
>>83096088
Because that spelling is cancerous to my eyeballs.
Conny would be less heinous but it kind of sounds similar to commie.
>>
>>83083841
Any beaming examples of romantic cartoon writing you can give us?
>>
>>83084938
et al.
>>
>>83091928
>extremely unfunny
>impossible to take seriously
>looks like utter shit
>awful character designs
>overrated as all fuck

You are right, this is normie garbage.
>>
>>83084325
>high schoolers enjoy reading about high school romances

WHO'D A THUNK IT.
>>
>>83095574
And he's in a relationship with a 12 year old girl. Yet he's still cringy as fuck
>>
>>83094300
>One episode that proves no sane person would want to be in a relationship with Gumball
>One episode that was a joke

Boy...you sure showed me.
>>
>>83092526
>Romance in SU is a lot better just because it's less forced for Steven and Connie
>less forced
KEK. Everything about Connie's inclusion is forced.
>Stevonnie
>Connie's Sword
>>
>>83099847

>KEK. Everything about Connie's inclusion is forced.

Would you like to elaborate on that?
>>
I can't believe hos many people complain about a children’s show written for children about children having childish romance.
>>
>>83083075
hey man you should have put a trigger warning you know that tum- i mean /co/ hate it when you criticize their show
>>
>>83083794
No. Connie now lives in Arlen, and Steven is her side bitch. She has a thing for fat white kids.
>>
>>83100600
>I can't believe hos many people complain about a children’s show written for children about children having childish romance.
it's not even aimed to children, maybe AT but SU? nah bro
>>
>>83100600

>It's a children show dude. Stop taking this so seriously.

Why do users on /co/ of all places like to make this argument?
>>
>>83083075
I think writers need to go back to writing ship bait and then cock tease the viewers until the end of the series. It actually gains views which makes more money. Actual romance drifts into drama and if there is one thing kid hate, it drama. That's why there are no drama cartoons.
>>
>>83099048
kys cunt
>>
File: 1427404616031.jpg (14 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1427404616031.jpg
14 KB, 267x323
>>83100600
>people complain about a children’s show written for children about children having childish romance.
you mean betas/tumblrinas projecting themselves on a cartoon
>>
>>83083075
Remember when AT and Regular Show don't show so much bullshit romance?
>>
I don't know about y'all but i think Gumball and Penny has a pretty great romance going on.
>>
>>83085265
true
>>
>>83099801
She is turning 13 pretty soon though
>>
>>83100600
Only natural, this board is after all filled with (man)children.
>>
>>83083075
I'm trying to write a romcom comic but it takes place in late college, the characters are at least 23. It's kind of a harem but it's more like one guy who knows girls in the college already and meets one new girl, so it's not like a random meet of girls lusting after him.

Also the romance I'm writing down seems pretty toned down and has more to do with experience in relationships and how that affects how a person sees them. Like the main character knows love isn't how it was back in high school and doesn't really know what it feels like as a young adult.

Its basically how as a young kid, love was butterflies in your stomach and rainbows in the sky. But as an adult it feels more like trusting the person with who you are, being trusted with things that no one else can be, and understanding what you really want from each other.
>>
>>83102802
>but i think Gumball and Penny has a pretty great romance going on.
I think you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: 666531617528753735.png (337 KB, 636x457) Image search: [Google]
666531617528753735.png
337 KB, 636x457
>>83083075
I mean, it's a kids show. It's got to be cute even when it gets dark.
>>
>>83083075
>20-year old
make it 30-35, all those shows are made by people who were kids in the 80's. The romance are accurate to how people from that age were educated to love. If you wan't "hey bitch let's suck face" you'll have to wait another decade so your people will make their cartoons.
>>
>>83083903
>wizard of oz
>centuries ago
>>
>>83105455
>I think you're a fucking idiot
like your SU is any better you ugly piece of shit
>>
>>83104685
>filled with (man)children.
like your show's are filled with sad and obnoxious tumblrinas
>>
>>83083841
>we're lacking more mature, experienced, and level-headed writers and animators nowadays.
>nowadays

We ever had them?
>>
>>83099827
>>83105455

At least Penny is loyal and that Gumball is willing to concede if he's going too far in his actions, knowing that he does his things for her out of good intentions..
>>
Yeah when is a cartoon who's main character are basically teenagers going to write a real romance story. Finn should've taken Flame Princess out for dinner, went back to the tree house, Fucked like animals, then never called her again. Gotta get these kids ready for the real world
>>
>>83084715
>Peter Pan

I always think it's funny how the olden fear among adults was that their children would suddenly abandon their house and disappear forever, and nowadays the fear among parents is that their children won't EVER leave the house.
>>
>>83105900
wizard of oz is from 1900, so more than a hundred years
>>
File: 1456454708942.png (134 KB, 211x335) Image search: [Google]
1456454708942.png
134 KB, 211x335
>>83087410
Let's see: My cousin is in her mid 30s now. She's a single mother; she and her would-be husband separated about a few mere weeks after their daughter's birth.

She's very neglectful of her daughter, to say the least. Suffice it to say, she has the mind of a teenage girl still, which explains her slip-up in the first place. Well, my cousin frequently drops off her baby at my aunt's house to go hang out with her girl friends at the club. Sometimes she'd freeload at my aunt's house, as if she still lived there, and would lock up her daughter in granny's room. Needless to say, fights were all too frequent at that household, made all the worse because she and her brother got their mother's quick temper.

Fast forward to a few months later, the baby went down with a strong fever that, apparently, has broken something in her brain. She's around three-years-old now and doesn't speak; instead, from time to time she has these seizure-like fits where she starts shaking her arms and whimpering and screeching, like a wounded animal. She got better for a while but then relapsed and went back to having fits.

What was my cousin all along? Like I said, hanging with her friends all day, living life like she were a 15yo. My aunt and her don't even speak to each other anymore.

So, you ask, why is it so hard for parents to raise their kids right? Because most parents are adults only in body.
>>
File: 1297638291098.jpg (33 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
1297638291098.jpg
33 KB, 496x496
>>83107100
that fit description was heavy
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.