[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HORROR Comic books.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 631588-crossed_cover__001.jpg (113 KB, 808x1280) Image search: [Google]
631588-crossed_cover__001.jpg
113 KB, 808x1280
Any good Horror comics you are aware of?
>>
No such thing as "horror comics".
Comics can't be scary.
>>
>>83075891
No, Pic is shock value by the way
>>
>>83075891

Most of the The Texas Chainsaw Massacre comics (as well as the initial Friday the 13th series) from WildStorm were surprisingly good (except Raising Cain, that one kind of sucked).

Oh, and there's the Halloween ones from Devil's Due. Shame the company more or less died before it could put out all the ones it had planned.

Epic's Hellraiser was hit or miss, which is kind of expected since it was anthological.
>>
I was so disappointed by Crossed.

I read parts of it about 7-8 years ago when I was a teenager and loved it. About two weeks back I tried to read it again and realized the complete lack of story and horrible shock value cheapness of it. That really sucked. I remembered it was a lot better.
>>
>>83077947
There's been way more misses than hits.
You check out the webcomic by Simon Spurrier?
It's garnered a lot of fan acclaim.
>>
>>83077947

I read most of Crossed just the other week, I was surprised how boring it is. Even the gore becomes completely routine pretty much straight away and I like edgy splatter. A few of the Badlands arcs are much better than the rest though to be fair.
>>
>>83078031
Yeah, I think the difference us when, like regular zombie comics, they find another avenue to wring out drama and character beats.
>>
>>83075891
Crossed is so boring. it relies on the shock value of just how depraved the Crossed are.

Once you get 2-3 issues in its like the walking dead : People arguing and sometimes zombies show up.
>>
File: wolf find you.jpg (345 KB, 2177x1400) Image search: [Google]
wolf find you.jpg
345 KB, 2177x1400
Through the Woods has good art and fun fables, not exactly an adolescent edgy uber-violence comic like Crossed though.
>>
>>83077386
What sucks is that it really could have been an insight into the human condition under the worst possible circumstances.

But it just turned into murder rape.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.