[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This run is underrated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 618x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 618x950
This run is underrated.
>>
Yeah, Rags art suffered from I'm assuming having to get it out the door ASAP and that hurt it a lot here on /co/. Plus general Morrison being Morrison.

loved the Legion 2 parter
>>
>>83073533
I will miss Superbro ;-;

You had good stories?, this isn't fair just because you don't use your undies above the pants.
>>
>>83073533
Fuck DC and Fuck Superfags for erasing and doing away the most interesting thing that happened to Superman in continuity in 21st century.
>>
>>83073579
>>83073652
Relax, he'll still be around.

Just as Superbro-Prime or Superboy
>>
It was fun until Grant Morrison had to Morrison it up.
>>
>>83073579
>>83073652
Where were all you people when NuSupes was the main one?
>>
>>83073748
Literally buying every shitty book. DC crashed the sales, though the reason was "not muh" and gave in to pandering. This won't bring back sales neither does it guarantee good storytelling. Superman books will still be shit with Jurgens and Tomasi writing.
>>
I think it's fantastic. My only real complaints are that the art sometimes isn't very good (though Rags Morales draws a fantastic bishie Superman when he wants to) and that we REALLY needed to see more Golden-Age Superman fighting for social justice and taking on corruption in the system. Literally could've used another arc or so of that, if not even more.

IMO, it also got kind of slow and seemingly aimless towards the middle, so it started to bore me a little, which was very atypical of Morrison's work to bore me like that, but it all comes together in the end in a way that makes every puzzle piece fall into place and everything clicks with you. Fantastic run and best Mxyzptlk story ever.
>>
Truly a fantastic comic and a wonderful read. I could read it backwards and still find enjoyment.
>>
>>83073733
>It was fun until Grant Morrison had to Morrison it up.
You can take your opinions and go be politely disagreed with.
>>
>>83073533
I'll go you one better, OP. I think short of Azz' Wonder Woman, it's the only notable New 52 run there is.
>>
>>83074149
>we REALLY needed to see more Golden-Age Superman fighting for social justice
As much as I love the man of the people old Supes, I'd prefer he be kept away from anything that could sully him by even remotely associating him with the current interpretation of "social justice"
>>
>>83076163
>I'll go you one better, OP. I think short of Azz' Wonder Woman, it's the only notable New 52 run there is.
You can add Snyder's Batman too. It's pretty damn notable but not necessarily always good.
>>
>>83076235
Nah. Snyder's Batman was constantly ripping off Morrison in the dumbest ways.

Death of the Family is the single biggest blue balls I've ever experienced from a comic storyline.
>>
>>83073533
Thanks for your time as Superman..

as I was no longer a child ..I thought I'd never see Superman, but during your stay you change that fact ...

Now back to think about before, Superman is no longer for me, thanks to rebirht.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.