[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The CW's Riverdale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: CiSdb_9W0AA7hUw.jpg (61 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CiSdb_9W0AA7hUw.jpg
61 KB, 600x400
>As a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the recent, tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom — and nothing feels the same… Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer’s events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music — not follow in his dad’s footsteps—despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Ms. Grundy (Sarah Habel). Which means Archie doesn’t have anyone who will mentor him — certainly not singer Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray), who is only focused on her band, the soon-to-be-world-famous Pussycats. It’s all weighing heavily on Archie’s mind — as is his fractured friendship with budding writer and fellow classmate Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush Archie after being away all summer, but she’s not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty’s nerves – which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother Alice (Mädchen Amick) aren’t the only thing holding her back.

>When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there’s an undeniable spark between her and Archie, even though Veronica doesn’t want to risk her new friendship with Betty by making a play for Archie. And then there’s Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch)… Riverdale’s Queen Bee is happy to stir up trouble amongst Archie, Betty, and Veronica, but Cheryl is keeping secrets of her own. What, exactly, is she hiding about the mysterious death of her twin brother, Jason? Riverdale may look like a quiet, sleepy town, but there are dangers in the shadows…

http://www.slashfilm.com/riverdale-first-look-the-cws-subversive-take-on-archie-and-the-gang/
>>
File: ann gree nayards.png (820 KB, 1287x1101) Image search: [Google]
ann gree nayards.png
820 KB, 1287x1101
>voung Archie is involved in a “forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Ms. Grundy
>>
>>83069425
fuck off shill
>>
>>83069425
This sounds horrible.
>>
File: Barfed.jpg (53 KB, 374x396) Image search: [Google]
Barfed.jpg
53 KB, 374x396
>>83069425
>>
This is so whacked it has to be amazing
>>
>Jughead is played by Zack and Cody

lol
>>
>>83069595
People have suggested it's satire, but frankly that is giving Berlanti way too much credit. The only way this will be good is if it's a trainwreck of the highest order.
>>
I can't believe I live in an age where Archie has slept with Ms. Grundy.
>>
>>83069699
>Cole Sprouse is somehow two people
He was Cody
>>
>>83069595
>>83069706
CW is just doing what they always do: creating a generic drama show for teenagers.
>>
I worked as PA and DIT on the show. Ask me anything
>>
File: nienami_confused.png (72 KB, 311x355) Image search: [Google]
nienami_confused.png
72 KB, 311x355
>>83070008
>DIT
>>
>>83069425
Pretty excited for this, looks just as trashy as a modern tween Archie ought to be, and I'm loving the knee jerk 180 degree turn /co/ has taken on the show, going from loving Archie meets Twin Peaks twist to now whining how it isn't a total 1940s innocent America throwback nostalgia gimmick show.
>>
>>83070077
digital imaging technician. Basically I'm next to the camera guy making sure things look good on monitors and I'm also in charge of making sure footage gets on a drive to give to the post houses.
>>
File: image.png (429 KB, 452x601) Image search: [Google]
image.png
429 KB, 452x601
>JUGHEAD JONES | A hearing-impaired actor is being sought to play Jughead as an “emo-heartthrob.” The lanky lad is Archie’s former best friend, seeing as the two still are smarting from a rift that took place between them. Angry, but with a philosophical bent, Jughead “refuses to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep.”
>>
>>83069425
Goddamn it, why is Jughead hotter than Betty?
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1024x768
>>83069425
>jughead not wearing his crown
NOT MY JUGHEAD
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: r7oswo.jpg (17 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
r7oswo.jpg
17 KB, 600x338
Crossover with Netflix's Punisher when?
>>
File: this is for Cody.jpg (49 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
this is for Cody.jpg
49 KB, 400x300
>>83069820
>>
>>83070274
Crossover with Predator when?
>>
>>83070144
I know it's hard to tell since it pretty much takes place in the editing room, but what's the tone of this series?
>>
So is there an Archie recommended reading list?

I read Afterlife with Archie a few days ago and from what I've heard, the main series is completely different in tone. So now I'm curious.
>>
>>83070077
Who is best girl?
>>
I hope whoever thought this was a good idea, gets shot in the face.
>>
>>83070364
From what I've seen, picture Gossip Girls or Pretty Little Liars, but a bit more light hearted.
>>
>>83070425
Archie VS Predator
>>
>>83072512
think you mean Archie vs Punisher
>>
>>83070240
I's some kind of crown/beanie combo from what the trailer showed.

>>83070344
Just in time to promote the new movie.

>>83070425
The original/main Archie series and its spin-offs are basically PG-rated slice-of-life comedies, akin to John Hughes movies. Afterlife With Archie was a big deal because it took these seemingly wholesome characters and stuck them in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with real consequences and emotional turmoil. The same goes for The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, which I also highly recommend.

>>83072512
>>83075087
Both are worth a read.
>>
>>83075642
wait, there was a trailer already?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.