[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own thread People who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

People who hate the yellow fear bug...do you hate it because the way it was used to put Hal back in his old status quo or do you really think it's too silly for a universe with god-like fifth dimensional imps and sentient planets?
>>
Same reason everyone hates anything "Not muh"
>>
I personally think it's a cheap cop out on hal's behavior like "haha just kidding guys hal is fine!! It was this spooky space bug that you've never heard of before!"
I also do like the idea of the like emotional entities and the stories that spread from there and Ion and sinestro and all that
Just didn't like the way they used it to cop out
>>
>>83050323
shitty cop out.

Also johns really doesnt know how to handle "concepts", the guy is kinda dumb
>>
Did Einstein exist in the Star Fox universe?
>>
>>83050323
The avatar of all fear throughout the universe decided to mess with this one dude from Earth for a bit.
>To destroy the GLC and Will power!
Yeah but it doesn't, and then it just sort of shrugs about it. Sinestro gets more done to influence the GLC than Parallax. Both versions.

It's not because it's silly in context to the rest of the DCU, it's that it's just dumb writing.

It's like when Batman goes up against Darkseid or his dad kills Zoom or Earth being the source of all life or just any scenario where the scale is so pointlessly warped to service a quick plot that fades into irrelevance.
But sure, yeah just butthurt about Hal. Let's go with that.
>>
>>83050944
>Earth being the source of all life

That was Johns being REALLY REALLY ignorant.
>>
Parallax is like the storytelling equivalent of a sledgehammer. The only thing you can really do with it is bluntly tell people "THIS IS MY CHARACTER'S GREATEST SECRET FEAR!"

That does have its uses, but useful or not it's still a sledgehammer.
>>
>>83050944
>The avatar of all fear throughout the universe decided to mess with this one dude from Earth for a bit.
But Hal wasn't this one dude from Earth already. He'd defeated Krona, Nekron, etc. I can see your overall point about it being a copout (and to a certain extent I do agree) but if there was any GL to pick Hal would've been one of the biggest ones on this creatures list.
>>
>>83050323
people only disliked it if they were delusional enough to think Emerald Twilight and Parallax Hal were good ideas
>>
Recommended Animalman comics and runs?

Green Lantern newbie reading order?
>>
>>83051252
Morrison's run was great, Milligan's that followed, and new 52 Lemire's run were good as well.
For GL, Johns' run, and the adjacent GL corps run.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.