[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /co/ watch an animated Sly Cooper series? provided they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Sly_1_Alt._Box_Cover.jpg (43 KB, 338x480) Image search: [Google]
Sly_1_Alt._Box_Cover.jpg
43 KB, 338x480
Would /co/ watch an animated Sly Cooper series? provided they stuck with the original artstyle and not that vomit-inducing garbage they had for the proposed CGI movie
>>
I wouldn't watch a whole series, since a lot of the franchise' appeal would be lost in translation. That said, i'd watch it if it was a series of shorts like in the game extras.
>>
>>83031234
No because I never played the game, so thusly I don't give a shit.

To be fair though I hear good things about it, will anyone please explain why I should give a shit?
>>
>>83031753
It has a kind of B-movie-esque charm to it, with each section seeming like a self-contained caper flick. Kinda stylistically like a kid-friendly House of the Dead or L4D in that way.

Additionally, the whole aesthetic and atmosphere is pretty comfy in an adventurous sort of way. I've always thought it was kind of like a fever dream you'd have after watching an Indiana Jones film followed by 3 episodes of Frasier.

Oh yeah and Carmelita is top-tier furshit waifu-bait
>>
>>83031234
I'd watch the upcoming animated film IF Brad Bird directs it.
>>
are they still making the movie?
>>
>>83031234
I think Sly would work better as a comic book. Full episodes would drag on too long but minisodes wouldn't do the series justice.
>>
File: 1463842939678.jpg (111 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
1463842939678.jpg
111 KB, 531x800
>>83032229
I'm pretty sure it's kill. After seeing what happened to Ratchet & Clank, I think it's probably for the best
>>
>>83032369
I hope so. Those redesigns were terrible.
>>
>>83032159
>Brad Bird

He's way too busy working on the next Incredibles project
>>
>>83032358
I'm pretty sure Sly Cooper actually had a comic for a while.
>>
Sly is just begging for a cartoon. The first game in particular evoked Saturday Morning cartoons, right down to the title cards for each "episode".

>>83034532
Just two prequels to the second and third games.
>>
>>83034532
Also kill. I think they just intended it as promotional hype material rather than a fully-fledged spin-off
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.