[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rebirth spoilers ahead So if dc wants this shit with manehatten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: eboydvoc78hhm4ubmsug.png (849 KB, 800x591) Image search: [Google]
eboydvoc78hhm4ubmsug.png
849 KB, 800x591
Rebirth spoilers ahead

So if dc wants this shit with manehatten to represent the effect watchmen had on comics writing why have doctor manehatten do it that just feels like you are blaming Watchmen itself.

Wouldent it make more sense to represent the writers missing the point by having somebody from outside both universes being the one responsible trying to recreate the main universe to be more like the Watchmen universe
>>
>>83017071
I think you're confused about the metaphor they're going for.
The metaphor is "please buy as many comics as possible while inserting your own metaphors, here's a plug for one of our most famous intellectual properties".
>>
>>83017071
>not realizing that Johns hates Zach Snyder
>>
Maybe you should wait until the story is done and also learn to spell
>>
Because it's still a superhero comic book, just with meta subtext. Dr. Manhattan's a godlike figure that could easily be on par with previous entities who have fulfilled this role like the Monitors/Anti-Monitor, Darkseid, the Gentry, etc.
>>
>>83017151
>The metaphor is "please buy as many comics as possible while inserting your own metaphors, here's a plug for one of our most famous intellectual properties".

qft
>>
>>83017151
>>83017220
Stop samefagging, Alan. It's unbecoming.
>>
>>83017151
I'm ging to insert the most convoluted dam metaphore I can think of.
>>
>implying DC would actually own up to their mistakes and misguided shenanigans
>>
>Manehatten
Die horsefucker
>>
>>83017856
I think your reading into my typos to much.
Then again the most recent episode was set there
>>
>>83017998
I was Joking
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.