[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were only 5 days out. What do you guys plan to start picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Were only 5 days out. What do you guys plan to start picking up? Any hope Green Arrow will be good again?
>>
>>82961486
Percy is still writing GA so I doubt it'll be good

I think we've already seen a couple pages and it's littered with narration like the rest of his GA
>>
Picking up Batman (Tom King on Vision convinced me that he can make Batman a good character again) and Detective Comics (I'm a sucker for villain redemption stories, and my favorite Batman rogue is on the team). Nothing else though, I'm pretty salty that we STILL don't have a Captain Shazam ongoing.
>>
>>82961486
None and No. I'll wait, if any book looks good I might consider picking it up. But I've been burned too much and other than Pre-Flashpoint Supes and Aquaman I think the line is shit. Arrow is going to continue SQ with Ollie becoming more of a modern liberal ala bernie. So if that's what you want, there. Aquaman looks good but I don't trust DC not to cancel it.
>>
>>82961533
>I think we've already seen a couple pages and it's littered with narration like the rest of his GA
It won't be worse than Lobdell.
>>
>>82961601
Batman has been a good character for awhile, but whatever. Tec is being written by James Tynion so have fun with that. I want Thunderworld at this point you can take NuShazam and shove him up Johns ass for all I care, the character isn't remotely close to Captain Marvel.
>>
>>82962298
Low....fucking....bar.
>>
>>82962298
I haven't read the Percy run but I saw that preview. It was pretty wordy but I didn't think it was Lobdell bad. Mostly just too much monologuing rather than "let me just restate everything the art is stating because I'm a hack"
>>
File: REDHOTOREB_1_04_600.jpg (194 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
REDHOTOREB_1_04_600.jpg
194 KB, 791x1200
>>82962343
Hey, dunno who else is using narration boxes much. I can bet that sky in top two panels will be filled with narration.
For what it's worth, I looked at storytime recently here. Percy's GA isn't that bad.
>>82962366
Yeah, that.
>>
>>82961486
>Any hope Green Arrow will be good again?
>I'm am a Social Justice Warrior
No
>>
>>82961533
Green Arrow should be wordy. if you're not going to have Ollie monologue then don't use the damn character as your lead.
>>
I won't be getting floppies for anything because I have dignity, but I'm very much anticipating trades for Deathstroke by Priest, Giffen/Kollins on Blue Beetle, Rucka Wonder Woman and perhaps Green Arrow.

I need to read Percy's first foray at the character quite badly, I've heard mixed things from different people.
>>
>>82961486
I'm gonna get Batman and Nightwing, Birds Of Prey because Helena Bertinelli will be in it, and Supergirl later because Orlando. Trade-wait the rest.

I'm curious about the Rebirth one-shot to a probably worrying degree. I cannot wait.
>>
>>82962474
That feels like most of Rebirth though. "its not as bad as DCyou or the Flashboot was." I'm tired of saying that. DC is going to have win me over. And I'm not going to lower the bar anymore. Damn thing is practically on the carpet.
>>
>>82962569
Really? You have dignity but you look forward to a Rucka book.
>>
>>82962674
DCYou was great though you shitposter.
>>
>>82962650
I honestly look most to Rebirth storytime with /co/mrades.
>>82962674
Meh. If they planned to reboot with Flashpoint, they should've planned better. Not go #yolo and half-ass it.
>>
>>82962298
Lobdell's never had Dick torture anybody.
>>
>>82962650
It is Bertinelli though it is the version from Grayson
>>
>>82962738
He might be a characterfag. Flash, WW, GL, and arguably Superman (though I think there were still a couple of good stories in there between the crossovers) all had poor output during DCYou.

His own fault though if that's the case.
>>
File: stop.png (195 KB, 467x187) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
195 KB, 467x187
>>82962235
>Rucka Wonder Woman
>Priest in general
>shit

>wanting Tomasi and Jurgens on Superman
>>
>>82962932
>Cucka Wonder Woman again
eww
But yeah, at least it's better than Jurgens and Tomasi on Superman and Blandnette on Aquaman.
>>
>>82962932
Some people just have bad taste, there's no helping him.

In my case though, I would have taken the risk and pulled Priest Deathstroke if it wasn't double shipping. That's too much commitment for me if it turns out even he can't make me care about Slade.
>>
>>82962876
Yeah, that's the one I want.
>>
File: 1453192778920.png (459 KB, 700x864) Image search: [Google]
1453192778920.png
459 KB, 700x864
King's Batman will be shit. I'm sure of it, Snyder being involved will do only harm and no good
>>
>>82963058
It'd be hilarious if even King' Batman sold like shit.
>>
>>82963058
>daddy's favorite
lol

>>82963084
It probably won't sell 110k+ like Snyder's was but I doubt it'll get very much below 90k
And 90k twice a month is still good
>>
>>82963084
>>82963163
Snyder's book could be seen as the main one so I could see King's dropping to like 60-70k. Or at least I think that's what it was doing when Morrison's Batman and Robin was running as the main title.
>>
>>82963084
It's gonna sell good. 2 #1's plus a snyder cosign(whether /co/ likes him or not, he is hugely popular) will do him good. Plus he literally has no bad press or reviews besides his robin war crossover.
>>
>>82963182
At least ASB is starting later.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.