[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you watch an animated Walking Dead series? Either based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: walkingdead.jpg (58 KB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
walkingdead.jpg
58 KB, 684x384
Would you watch an animated Walking Dead series? Either based on the comic series or Clementine's story, you choose.
>>
>>82943058
>Would you watch an animated Walking Dead series?
Maybe
>Either based on the comic series
Why tho? We already have the TV show for that
>or Clementine's story
Pls no, I love Clem but she can't carry a story by herself.

I would rather have something like every episode we follow a different person/family/group, something like the 400 days dlc for the game that I would watch.
>>
That game is 90% cutscenes. It's basically a cartoon.
>>
>>82943058
Have Clem go from group to group and continuously bring disaster down upon everyone
>>
>>82943238
>Pls no, I love Clem but she can't carry a story by herself.

this, walking dead game season 2 sucked for many reasons and this was one of them
She needs someone to look after her for the thing to work, she can be the titular character instead or the objective "keep little girl alive"
>>
>>82943461
>>82943238
I keep saying we should have played as Luke and found Clem out in the woods halfway through ep 1
>>
How does it end?
>>
>>82943461
>>82943238
>>82943494
It's not that Clem didn't work, but Clem in a group doesn't work. Being the main character means the group will look to you, but that becomes fucking stupid when it's a child giving everyone orders. And especially annoying when everyone ignores you because you're a child, then the game is just railing you to a storyline they want you to and it feels like you have no impact. You typically don't in Telltale games, but the strings are way more visible in Season 2.

The idea of a little girl surviving in the zombie apocalypse could work, but she needs to be alone most of the time and it needs to be about her survival for it to be interesting. Not her leading yet another survival group that is constantly bickering.

Also Kenny fucking sucked.
>>
>>82943619
IMO, season 2 works better if you leave Clem utterly silent in all the dialogue options
>>
File: jane.png (287 KB, 307x397) Image search: [Google]
jane.png
287 KB, 307x397
>Daily reminder
Fuck Kenny, he's a complete insane madman who shouldn't be trusted his own fucking life, if you chose him instead of best girl Jane you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>82944067
What if you chose to ditch both of them? Which, as far as surviving goes, is the dumbest fucking option. A child and a baby alone? They may as well hand themselves over to zombies or rapists.
>>
>>82943058
>Either based on the comic series or Clementine's story
Or a completely original story SET in the comics universe, like the video game featuring Clementine. Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>82944067
Jane is manipulative little slut who uses people and would have abandoned clementine if it would have given her any sort of leverage.
>>
>>82944067
I can't believe there's no janeXclementine fanfiction
>>
File: clemjacket.png (196 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
clemjacket.png
196 KB, 500x534
>>82943461
>>82943619
Yeah... Clem as a protagonist isn't the sole reason that season 2 didn't work.

It's that most of the group was either painfully incompetent or heavily undeveloped in favor of making Clem the only one who could get anything done.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phLVlvMKVi8
>>
>>82944288
No she wouldn't. She would help Clem get to a safe place and then leave her the fuck alone while Kenny would make sure you remember he saved your life and you're his slave forever
Fuck Kenny, for real
>>
>>82943058
i cannot possibly get enough clementine
but the genre can only hold me so long due to its inherently depressing nature
>>
>>82944364
I CRAVE an animated show done in this style. I don't care if they do it anime-style, where it's still images most of the time except for some hand gestures and hand movements and then the big bad fully animated fight scene in the finale. I just want something visually fucking pleasing because I'm tired of all kids cartoons looking like they're done by the same person with the same flat overly bright colors or adult cartoons which don't even try to draw.
>>
File: Alone.png (335 KB, 540x375) Image search: [Google]
Alone.png
335 KB, 540x375
>>82944333
>The eleven year old is the only one who knows not to bicker in multiple life or death situations
>Expected to fight with the capacity of an adult
>Is the only one who figures out how to flip an ignition key on a wind turbine
Should have taken the one or two characters that I liked in that season and headed out on my own earlier.
>>
>>82943058
Nah I'm kinda tired of the walking dead in all honesty, and as much as I like clems story I've already seen it. Unless it was a continuation from game 2 eh I see no reason to watch it.
>>
>>82944380
But what have you done for him lately?

Seriously though I'm glad I'm no longer alone in my Kenny hate. I've hated that hypocritical douche since season one and everyone still loved him back then. Then he took over the entirety of season 2 and ruined it.
>>
File: Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg (28 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg
28 KB, 300x204
I'm convinced that Walking Dead is a franchise that has a limited lifespan for anyone who isn't just straight up horny for zombie-flavored doom and gloom

You can enjoy the zombie apocalypse shenanigans for a while before you realize it's nothing more than a premise for increasingly bad things to happen. Because it's a horror story, and a horror story would be kind of "tonally off" if it moved away from the mechanical fashion in which the stakes are raised, and then everything falls apart.

The fact that Kirkman seems to have purposefully set it the whole thing up as an engine for repetetive stories as opposed to a story with an actual ending makes it even more annoying over time
>>
>>82947209
That's the thing, and why no Telltale Walking Dead season will ever match the emotions of the first. You know everything will go to shit, so you're expecting it. You brace yourself for every single character to die, and even if it's unexpected you don't get that spark of emotion anymore.

That's true of all of the Walking Dead franchise. When you're waiting for everything to go to shit, it doesn't really affect you much when things do indeed go to shit. And that's the inevitable trajectory.

I feel like people are already snapping out of it. There isn't nearly as much of a craze for zombie stuff than there was a few years ago.
>>
>>82947381

All they have to do is give the telltale games a definitive ending.

Which would mean make it more like Until Dawn, I suppose. In the sense that most of the characters live or die depending on your choices and the ending where the most people survive means you have to put their wellbeing above yours meaning it's much much much more difficult for you to survive.

Either that or a bittersweet ending because those also tend to be well received.
>>
>>82944067
>trusting a glass eater
pls anon
>>
>>82943058

absofuckinglutley

but I just pray the focus on surviving the zombies instead of surviving people, its why I stopped watching the show after season 3 or four, I forget

its also why I liked the walking dead games, there were human problems yah, but its was more about teh zombies
>>
>>82947209
>I'm convinced that Walking Dead is a franchise that has a limited lifespan for anyone who isn't just straight up horny for zombie-flavored doom and gloom

preach it brother

this is the exact and only reason I like the walking dead

because of the walking dead
>>
>>82950570
You can't make an entire game on surviving zombies. Zombies are a constant, they don't change and so it gets old real fast. The human element is what makes it interesting.

That said, season 2 took the human elements in terrible directions like a fairly cliche childbirth.
>>
>>82943058
No I dropped all telltale games after TWD S2. They are hacks. All they did well were TWD S1 and WAU. After that they realised none of it mattered and just phoned it in.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.