[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: adventure-time-finn_034639777.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time-finn_034639777.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /co/ gonna cave in to peer pressure and finally watch adventure time. Quick question though: Should I start at the beginning so I don't get lost, or is this one of those shows that only starts to get good at a specific episode?

Also
>ITT:Adventure Time stuff
I guess
>>
>>82859249
its good in the beginning, but if you don't like the start you won't like the later stuff
>>
>>82859249
Nah, the first 2 seasons are by far the best, 3 is alright too.
>>
i enjoyed all the world building done in the show.
>>
You should watch up to season 4, then stop. Beyond that is unenjoyable, and should only be watched if you're desperate, or want to spank it to Marceline.
>>
>>82859249
Start at the beginning. There's no real "cut-off" on where it starts getting good, it's just sort of a casual ride that you get into and then stuff starts happening.
>>
I say start at the beginning and go until you find yourself not interested in the show anymore. If you find yourself like that skip until after Stakes and watch from there.
>>
>>82859249
>implying you won't be lost even if you start at the beginning
>>
>>82860361
This anon is a meme.

The general consensus is that seasons 5 and 6 aren't as good as the others, but if you make your way through them you're greeted by the wonder that is Season 7.
>>
>>82861555
Is that like when it becomes an episodic adventure or something? Because so far the episodes I'm watching don't seem to connect at all. Like Wander over Yonder kind of random setting and having fun with it.
>>
>>82861669
It's just when the quality perks back up. General consensus is that things get bumpy in season 4 and 5, sometimes 6. 7 is a return to form for the most part, but I've enjoyed the lions share of episodes. There's maybe five or so I don't like myself, but to each their own.
>>
>>82861669
Episodes start connecting as early as season 2, but there it's just a couple. It isn't really until season 4 where there's a recurring story arc, and there's also a couple of episodes in season 5 that follow another arc. Season 6, however is in it's entirety a quite extensive story arc, while season 7 returns to the more "loose" format.
>>
>>82859249
It actually starts out really good, and then slowly gets worse. It has only recently started recovering.
>>
Which is worse, really? Season 5's retarded Finn or Season 6's existential/depressed Finn?
>>
>>82859249
When you reach beta Finn, stop. At a point (let you decide when) Finn just becomes a background character to his own show. Everything goes down hill as well.

Personally I'd recommend not watching in the first place. None of the build up pays off.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.