[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
art signatures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: the artist.jpg (32 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
the artist.jpg
32 KB, 500x291
art signatures in the middle of pics and not at the bottom are annoying and egotistical
>>
>>82826911
It's not a signature, it's a watermark. They do that so people can't repost their images without crediting them,
>>
>>82826974
photo shop can get that rid of it
>>
>>82827073
Yeah but you'd have to REALLY want to steal their shit for that. They're just making it so that you work for it, thief.
>>
>>82827173
Anyone with a working knowledge of photoshop can usually make quick work of most watermarks. It's a better policy to work with the metadata.
>>
>>82826911
They do it to prevent reposts and people using the pic without their permission. Unfortunately it's a custom that's been born out of necessity and bitter experience; usually people post something with small signatures first and then when their stuff gets reposted by other blogs as "original content" or stolen by chinese mobile game sites or whatever, you learn to slap on a massive fucking signature in a place where it's difficult to photoshop out.

Their art that they post online for free, they can put their name on it if they want
>>
>>82827276
Most people who mindlessly repost art are much lazier than that.
>>
>>82829187
Well then they are also probably too lazy to look for and tamper with metadata. Keep your images pristine, use metadata.
>>
>>82829534
Metadata wouldn't help in this case since it's not visible. The people want acknowledgement, they want that even if some asshole reposts their picture to weheartit or wherever without permission, their name or tumblr handle is still instantly visible to people quickly browsing no matter how the file is renamed or what site it's posted on.

Metadata is useless because the people the info is meant to reach don't even know that metadata exists let alone check it. So the best idea would be to use both metadata and massive signatures, I guess.
>>
>>82826911

>egotistical

you clearly have no idea why they do it
>>
You know... I forgot the importance of a signature. I should really sign some of my art.
>>
>>82829948
Yeah, you should. Sometimes I see really nice stuff, but can't find the artist because the image has been saved from the blog and reposted into imgur or pinterest or weheart it and saved and reposted and relinked, and all links to who originally made the pic are severed. But if they've slapped their tumblr or deviantart name on the pic, I can find them and more of their work. It's handy.
>>
File: 1456649320006.png (353 KB, 524x395) Image search: [Google]
1456649320006.png
353 KB, 524x395
>someone posts a template
>everyone using it to shop it into various characters
>that one fag who has to sign their edit
>>
>>82829744
I suppose i'm just coming from a more professional stand point where internet notoriety isn't as important as image quality and proof of ownership/copyright of the IP.
>>
>>82830449
art style is a water mark without watermarks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.