[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 145
File: 1459187462961.gif (164 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1459187462961.gif
164 KB, 650x450
What's your favorite subversed plot point?

Mine is "having a character suffer with no pay off" and "the mary sue parody that no one likes is actually a mary sue all along".
>>
>>82819867
wow this is a positive start to a thread. really setting the tone for some quality homestuck discussion on /co/
>>
>>82819867
I like the "Lets throw out all the shit we've been building towards with a in story retcon!" one
>>
My favourite was ominously building up Jack Noir and first guardians, having him destroy both the human and troll sessions, and ultimately cause them to flee and unite together, but then forgetting all about that for some unrelated thing that only became relevant in response to fandom WHO IS LORD ENGLISH???? speculation.
>>
>>82820266
it does bother me that the dog fight in collide could have happened DURING CASCADE and the story wouldnt have changed at all.
>>
File: condesce_walk.gif (519 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
condesce_walk.gif
519 KB, 500x340
>>82820322
Three years of padding, between which Lord English was introduced as a nebulous, vague thread, ignored, and defeated in a nebulous, vague way.
Condy was the only vaguely decent villain in Act 6, IMO. I wish LE had wrecked the session the way she did in Game Over, that was absolutely terrifying.
>>
File: japanese-00056_MKDD-003 - 04.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
japanese-00056_MKDD-003 - 04.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>82819867
>Karkat fans
>>
I really liked how Game Over showed that a big battle royal between all the parts was a bad idea and wouldn't have worked, and then the end of Act 6 is a big battle royal between all the parts where for some reason everything goes exactly according to plan and there isn't a clever way of making the retcon shit matter in the growth of the characters
>>
>>82820446
everything in Game Over conspires to go wrong because that's what Aranea wants
everything in Collide conspires to go right because that's what Vriska wants
because DUDE SERKETS LMAO.
they're Hussie's favorite plot devices and fap material.
he was willing to ruin his story twice so he could get off to his shitty meta mary sue femdom fetish. never forget that.
>>
homestuck doesn't seem too much that it has plot points, more like the story was completely blown

but i like how most of the characters end up in the worst states they could be
>>
>>82820446
i mean we were missing gamzee, aranea, jade and jane as villains the second time, and gained john, dirk, jade and jane on the good side (half of the god tiers!). also, the kids had a chance to plan beforehand. and by plan i mean get told what to do by vriska. yeah im not exactly ecstatic about how it was done, but there were enough significant differences in the kids' favour for it to work out the second time
>>
File: aranea eating watermelon.png (133 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
aranea eating watermelon.png
133 KB, 650x450
>>82820648
>Game Over timeline
>Condy one-hit-kills Kanaya with her death lasers and Rose with her trident
>Retcon
>Can't even make either of them bleed
>>
>>82819867
>favorite subversed plot point?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/GAMEOVER/

>GamKat gets what it deserves
>Cloun gets sawed in half
>A Serket gets their neck snapped
>Everyone fuckin dies
>Condy is fuckin awesome

Only thing missing is John getting shot.
>>
>>82820717
>>Retcon
>>Can't even make either of them bleed

Fuckin bullshit.
>>
>>82820399
i love that you can see her pussy get squeezed into a mound by her thighs in this gif
>>
>>82820741
I don't think I saw a single droplet of jade blood in Collide, for one thing.
(Less sure about Rose.)
>>
>>82820717
but she killed both rose and kanaya in collide and jane revived them
>>
What happened to Aradia?
Vriska?
The dead trolls?

Does Rose and John not care about their parents being dead anymore?

What about Bec?

Does MsPaint realise Jack Noir and Spades Slick are two different people? Does she care?

Does ANYONE care about ANYTHING?

This comic went to shit after Sn8wman and Doc Scratch died.
>>
What about Droog? Doesn't he still have a ring?
>>
I like how Collide is 18 minutes long even though only the last 6 really matter and the rest is literally filler - some fights are at the exact same point where they startedd more than halfway through the video
A nice touch was having Kanaya, Jade and Karkat being completely useless (especially Jade, since we hadn't already seen anough of that, it was a very new and original concept), having Jake somehow defeat some of the Felt offscreen (but not Crowbar, which just disappears) and not have a definite follow-up to his self pity thing - btw, great choice having Spades Slick and the Felt as senseless enemies without real motivation against the protagonists, it was top tier storytelling
I also REEEALLY LIKE how there are a few points in Collide (firefly flying around, flashback to the Beta kids houses) where it looked like they were about to pull some sort of synchronized/simultaneus effort that would have them come out victorious, some sort of payoff after the lowest point of the fight where the protagonist is like "I won't lose!", and instead the fight goes on for minutes and minutes after that and they end up being completely useless apart from Dave
But the best part is definitely the one where we are led to believe that Bec Noir and PM, after a three year chase, will have a confrontation where their powers are obviusly matched but Bec Noir has kinda lost the will to fight and loses, and -surprise!- this thing that could have been predicted years ago happens exactly that way

Overall 10/10, a good solid endgame flash that wrapped everything up in a way that made sense and definitely had a reason to last 18 minutes
>>
>>82820860
Red Miles don't exist anymore because they left Hussie's mind entirely.
>>
>>82820860
no, it was given to roxy and then lost. only one of the life/void rings can be found at once, so as long as calliope keeps her life ring the void one will stay missing (caliborn gets it in the very distant future)
>>
what was the point of having calliope
>>
>>82820860
>>82820889
DD had it passed on to Roxy, or Condy did. I wasn't clear on whether it was part of his plan or hers.
>>
>>82820955
so LE has a reason to exist
>>
File: muh dick.jpg (34 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.jpg
34 KB, 300x343
>>82820399
>>82820763
>>
>>82820955
A Deus Ex Machina that could get rid of LE without having to actually come up with something more clever than "put him in a black hole".
>>
>>82820882
i unironically like that collide took the big serious final battle and switched it up unexpectedly into a sprite fight party with jokes and amazing music. reminded me of acts 1-3 when sburb was still a game parody with absurd mechanics before everything started being treated as real. treating 'serious' events non-seriously is one of the best things about homestuck. the main issue with act 6 was when it started doing the reverse.
>>
>>82820399
I don't mind LE himself being boring because the interesting thing was all the stuff leading to him, ie Doc Scratch and Caliborn being amazing characters.

What i do mind is all the villains getting beaten boringly in a shitty flash by retconned characters with shitty writing, followed by a vague ending that made even the most die hard fans go "wait where's the rest?"
>>
>>82821040
sprite fight party with jokes and amazing music (necessarily)=/= shit fights where antagonists become the jokes in an ungratifying way

Hussie just couldn't pull it off and we got both
>>
>>82821040
I agree for the most part, but there really should have been something more than "the happy music is playing so the good guys win now". Only the Jack decapitation was anything more.
>>
>>82820322
PM really should have killed Jack in Cascade, actually. That way he gets killed off when he still feels like a villain and we don't have to wait around for years for him to become relevant only for him to not be relevant. Lord English would have been a lot easier to accept as the new villain if the old villain died.

Although LE still needed to pose more of a direct threat, especially since he was supposed to be the big hulk to Scratch's smug planning.
>>
>>82821031
As far as MSPA precedent goes, falling into a supermassive black hole is a moderate inconvenience at worst.
>>
>>82821194
What about getting trapped in a juju which falls into a supermassive black hole
>>
>>82821194
That's exactly it. MSPA has always been about this absurd sense of escalation. We started out with a regular kid's world, then we went to the game, then we pulled back and saw the purpose of the game in the propegation of Universes, pulled back further and saw the players of the game were cosmic entities waging a battle for all of creation, then we pulled even further back and found an entity outside of it all smashing a swath through space-time, slaying old gods as a matter of course, then they stuck him in a black hole. The end.
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 208x194) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 208x194
>>82820399
jegus fuck those thighs
>>
>>82821166
the stuff done by english didnt affect the kids' session too much, but his reality smashing being hulky and retarded came across fine to me as i read archivally. i guess it doesnt matter how many times youre told by characters that this ultimate threat is a level removed from the story youre reading, it still feels weird and hard to accept. ive got respect for andrew for trying to write it. like most of homestuck its a compelling idea with questionable execution.
>>
anyone have those lewd aradia pics of her sticking her finger and entire arm through the other hand suggestively? I need it to stir up trouble in the undertale 4chan
>>
>>82821446
>the stuff done by english didnt affect the kids' session too much
>Doc Scratch, Gamzee, and Condy didn't affect the kids session too much
>>
>>82820443
what the fuck
>>
>>82821510
Check the threads in the archive they get posted almost every thread.
>>
>>82820724
>Don't forget that Best Girl survives
>>
>>82820955
Because le good fangirl meme
>>
>>82821519
i mean the things physically done by lord english's hands, not the things his servants did to ruin the timeline/create him.
>>
File: 1463343843885[1].png (122 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1463343843885[1].png
122 KB, 650x650
>>82820955
>>
>>82821628
>sleeping calliope with swirly cheeks

what
>>
>>82821696
Calliope only has the swirly cheeks after being resurrected, I think?
>>
>>82821814
Nope, swirly cheeks mean the other half is still there.

Of course, Calliope also has swirly cheeks post resurrection, but that's just another loose plit thread, and that image is clearly in the room she grew up in.
>>
File: nothing personnel.png (210 KB, 540x352) Image search: [Google]
nothing personnel.png
210 KB, 540x352
>>82820724
>Everyone fuckin dies
You wish, Condy
>>
>>82821628
>both chains open
She's just so fucked up on glitter Caliborn can't come out
>>
>>82819867
How to fix homosuck:
> Game over is the real timeline, no changing the alpha
> John, Dirk and Roxy recover the life ring, remove headband and revive Jane who proceeds to revive everyone who can be (i.e. not karkat or gamzee)
> Jane and Dave use time shenanigans such that jane self-revives after removing the ring
> Ring to calliope and proceed to collide as per normal except no revives left
> Spend the extra time dealing with lord english properly rather than the half assed ending we got
>>
File: why.png (7 KB, 443x130) Image search: [Google]
why.png
7 KB, 443x130
>>82821209
Why was this deleted? Come on, mods.

>>82822064
Not gonna lie, a Unite / Synchronization time travel flash about fixing the timeline and getting Jane to revive everyone in increasingly badass and convoluted ways would have been fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHmXe2eY6Kg
>>
>>82820724
Unironically think this flash is great minus the ugly art. With a few less deaths we could have really carried on from this point and had a better story.
>>
>>82822163
caliborns goon face when his cape gets ripped is so fucking goid. i love that something as dumb as that fight is happening simultaneously with the entire cast dying. emotion dissonance is one of the best things about homestuck
>>
>>82822234
>tfw watching caliborn get beat up was the emotional part for you

he doesn't deserve pain... hes a good boy
>>
>>82822163
Some of the deaths shouldn't even have logically happened at all in that sequents of events at all. I mean shit, Dirk's sword was just as imaginary as the Dirk that just disappeared right before it.
>>
>>82822273
Who should have made it out, and who should have permadied? Assume no revivals.

Definitely think Rose should have lived but not Kanaya or Karkat.
>>
File: mgs3.gif (20 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
mgs3.gif
20 KB, 650x650
>>82822331
>Rose
>living
Her death was probably the most I ever cared about her, and was properly tragic
>>
>>82822331
Dave should have died

Him being together in death with Jade was perfect
>>
>>82822421
Nah that was a bullshit death too. If he had time travelled ONCE, he and Jade would have been fine. Don't tell me Dave wouldn't time travel for JADE you fucking hack.
>>
would the retcon have been better if we'd got fairly quickly to the story/fighting straight after? i didnt mind it that much reading archivally, but given that all the bad shit had been wiped i expected everyone to be happy and ready to go fight and instead they spent 500 pages and 80k words moping to each other.
>>
>>82822331
All the kids survive
Terezi and Kanaya survive (Kanaya just gets knocked out by the laser beam)

Permadeath:
Gamzee
Karkat (Now convinces Meenah and Vriska to continue the ghost army plan or he teams up with Tavros when these two decide to be egoistic lazy assholes)
Aranea
>>
>>82822457
Dave didnt time travel for mayor, why he would care to worst girl
>>
>>82822381
>She never got to cook the hotpocket
>>
>>82822457
he time traveled for dirk but wouldnt for jade...
>>
>>82822457
Jade wouldn't have been fine, she was dead

If he tried to time travel he'd just have doomed the timeline
>>
>>82822548
The mission was to bring her corpse back to Jane, remember?
>>
>>82822381
go!rose became the hotpocket...

which then burst open due to shitty cooking which led to the horror that was jasprose
>>
File: I CAME.png (87 KB, 307x152) Image search: [Google]
I CAME.png
87 KB, 307x152
>>82820717
>Retcon
>>Can't even make either of them bleed
She could certainly make them cream themselves
>>
File: 1459626840719.png (84 KB, 459x750) Image search: [Google]
1459626840719.png
84 KB, 459x750
How would you redeem Aranea and her thighs?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ruWSdc1Vo
>This did not play in Shes8ack
Andrew might have had it planned well in advance and he fucked even THAT up.
How low can he get?
>>
>>82822862
that song fkin sucks
>>
>>82822852
I actually liked aranea. She did get used for exposition, though honestly, considering the drag the story was going through, i am kind of glad she took the "show, don't tell" method to speed shit up. it's bad story telling but hussie's been so far down that path that this is good in comparison.

She existed briefly, had a goal, fucked it up spectacularly, and didn't come back. She's a complete character who's hubris got the best of her
>>
>>82822852
i already redeemed both her and vriska with my semen
>>
File: 1459704432261.jpg (370 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459704432261.jpg
370 KB, 1280x1920
>>82822852
Rub them against my face. Alternatively, tell us where the fuck she disappeared to around the time of Game Over.
>>
>>82822862
I declare this the least enjoyable song bowman has made. Too many acute instruments.
>>
>>82822953
These feet are no even good, why you keep posting it
>>
>>82822979
>:?
>>
>>82822949
i thought the exposition fairy thing was cute, her relationships with meenah and vriska were written pretty well, and her face-heel turn made sense in context. acceptable arc. nothing needed to change.
>>
>>82822852
Can Karkat beat her up?
>>
>High growth potential
Heir
Thief
Lord
Muse
>Shit start but very high growth potential
Page
>Average growth potential
Rogue
Prince
Bard
Witch
Sylph
>Good start but shit growth potential
Seer
Mage
Knight
>Shit start, shit growth potential
Maid
>>
>>82823257
there is like 3 fics they fuck each other and thats it
>>
>>82823317
>Thief
>Not in shit growth potential
>>
>>82822852
Was Aranea the first chatacter Hussie specifically attractive?
>>
>>82822496
Problem is Gamzee dying means he can't be with Caliborn.

But Karkat being the one to kick the ghost army juju plan back into being instead of Vriska is great.
>>
>>82823415
A good thief whos a dick head and steals potential from other players has high potential like Vriska
A bad thief who plays nice and doesn't fuck with their team mates has shit potential like Meenah
>>
>>82823472
Oh, you're talking about sheer powerlevel. I thought you meant personal growth. That list makes more sense now.
>>
>>82823419
what
>>
>>82823472

Meenah fucked with her teammates all the time. That was why she got killed/god tiered by Damara, because she kept rubbing her face in her failings with Rufioh.
>>
>>82822852
am i the only one who thought she was extremely cute in game over?
>>
>>82823317
>maid
>shit growth potential
>apparently implying that aradia is not a big deal
>not the caretaker of the entire afterlife
>>
Was the only reason Hussie made this character to give me, specifically, a boner?
Was that the plan?
Cause I got one.

There's something about all the joyful traits from Rose in a kitty cat body teasing the real deal and expressing what she usually doesn't that makes me all funny inside.
>>
>>82823317
Dumb tier list.

For example, Rogue of Heart and Rogue of Breath are weak as shit, but Rogue of Void is the most obnoxiously OP class combo there is when you analyze what is can do and how it does it
>>
>>82819867
Stop making threads about this shit
>>
>>82823569
>those cute little hands and feet
nuuuuuuhhh
nuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: woof.jpg (30 KB, 323x306) Image search: [Google]
woof.jpg
30 KB, 323x306
>>82823604
BUT MY FRIEND

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

WE GOT HOMESTUCK 2.0

HOMESTUCK THE (Episodic) VIDEO GAME

AND A MYSTERY HOMESTUCK PROJECT

POSSIBLY HOMESTUCK THE CARTOON!
>>
>>82823604
Homestuck and other projects surrounding it aren't anywhere near finished. If we aren't allowed to post about series' that have ended, you're hardly allowed to talk about cartoons or comics at all on this board
>>
>>82823569
is this loki? god bless
>>
>>82823472
but meenah is also the condesce, who as a empress and a literal thief of life had some of the most success of any single sentient character aside from caliborn. meenah was also the most successful in her terrible session. thief looks pretty fucking strong in that context.
>>
>>82823317
A Sylph of Light was the highest potential in ability that we ever saw after millions of years of development (Aranea), while Kanaya was one of the weakest players even after 3 years. That's the slowest start ever.
>>
>>82823419
Dave was specifically attractive
>>
>>82823569
And the fact that she's annoying and retarded does nothing to dissuade you?
>>
File: 1462284633332.gif (201 KB, 699x1498) Image search: [Google]
1462284633332.gif
201 KB, 699x1498
>>82823656
no, but this is.

haven't seen them in forever, would really like to thank them for this totally not fetishistic request i made
>>
>>82823581
Do consider she had a lot more outside help than the other rogues. There's a chance stealing soul for the sake of your team and stealing breath for the sake of your team could be useful. I mean not as useful as "steal nothingness from things for the sake of your team", but we've never seen the other rogues do any godtier stuff at all.

It's dissapointing the amount of stuff we didn't get to see in homestuck.
>>
File: 75f.png (49 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
75f.png
49 KB, 803x688
haha you now remember feferi exists
>>
>>82823569
I've long since realized that the only thing I liked about it was that she hit on everyone.
>>
>>82823626
You know, if the pauses weren't handled so shittily and the ending was better I would be pretty sure there would be a HS cartoon
If there were as much people as in Homestuks height Act 7 would have inspired many other fan-artists animate
>>
>>82823472
But Meenah bullied Damara into becoming an insane saboteur and was basically responsible for her session's failure, and she forcibly killed her own teammates to preserve them from the Scratch, which is also a very Thief of Life thing to do She doesn't "play nice" just because she regrets abusing Damara.
Your post doesn't check out.

>>82823548
She was cute when the Condesce snapped her neck.
>>
>>82823697
No, I love it. When she's interacting with Rose anyways.
>>
>>82823733
Who?
>>
File: tumblr_o676sgTJfS1qgpl0to1_540.png (94 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o676sgTJfS1qgpl0to1_540.png
94 KB, 540x700
>>82823709
i never got to request anything but ah well
>>
File: blank stare kane.png (170 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
blank stare kane.png
170 KB, 500x281
>>82823626
>Homestuck the Cartoon
Don't fuck up

This is a chance for cartoons to get out of the pussy faggot Stephen Universe ghetto

Don't fuck up
>>
>>82823738
A homestuck cartoon wouldn't work
What network would take it?
Its to adult for Disney, Nick, or even Cartoon Network
And its to childish for Adult Swim, Netflix, or FOX
>>
>>82823733
>feferi's the one who requested the horror terrors give them use of dream bubbles

>she's directly attributable as the reason death has next to no meaning for characters

On top of other reasons at least, since death is already a nonissue with how many other bullshit not-dying-for-really-real there are in this comic.
>>
>>82823809
>too adult
>implying it cant be toned down for kids like the ninja turtles
Also squiddles is a possibility.
>>
>>82823626
Homestuck would work as a cartoon if someone else rewrote it and had been given full authority to do *everything* differently with Hussie's plot points.
>>
>>82823809
the still-huge prepared audience would definitely tempt many networks. even if an ip is weird and doesnt fit into established boxes, if there's proof the concept has legs it can get a chance. see how game of thrones turned out. a homestuck tv show could absolutely be a game of thrones-style breakaway success as much as it could be total shit.
>>
>>82823945
> still-huge prepared audience
I think you should be refering to tumblr who is known for making noise but not caring to the final product they demand and just buying stupid shit on WLF.
>>
>>82823945
Is like 200k people really huge?
>>
>>82823745
i replayed the openbound games a couple days ago, and i know they get shit for introducing a bunch of 2d characters who we never see again but i liked how they painted a picture of all the fucked up shit and backstabbing in the shitty 7 year long A1 session with broad strokes.
>>
The issue with a Homestuck cartoon is that Hussie seems to have lost his touch

Let's put the webcomic aside - let's assume it ended great

If you look at Namco High or Hiveswap's EXTREMELY troubled production, you see a man devoid of the passion needed to make a great project

Like, I don't think a Homestuck Cartoon would be amazing enough to get new people on board. It might actually just turn off the existing fanbase
>>
>>82824010
It was more like 2 million at one point.
>>
File: classmate-pak.jpg (41 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
classmate-pak.jpg
41 KB, 390x390
What was even the deal with the merchandize. You can't just sell a shirt labeled HOMESTUCK and think its gonna work.
>>
>>82824112

But the thing about a cartoon is it would force Hussie to have an editor - no channel or animation studio worth a dime would give a production contract to something reliant on a single creative voice. That doesn't guarantee any level of quality, mind, but it would probably help rein in some of Hussie's worst tendencies
>>
File: 1463262506935.jpg (15 KB, 321x321) Image search: [Google]
1463262506935.jpg
15 KB, 321x321
>>82823802
name one other cartoon like SU faggot

a bigger problem nowadays is copying Regular Show/Adventure Time
>>
>>82823656
She hasn't posted anything on her tumblr in two weeks, the last thing she did was a picture of God Tier Mituna
>>
>>82824010
fuck yes it is compared to other things 'similar' to homestuck. more importantly many of the GENUINELY huge 2013 audience could be drawn back in by a high-quality reboot as well as people in closely-related fandoms like undertale. its tested fact that this kind of story has created ravening fanbases before. networks can't ignore that.
>>
>>82823945
>>82823920
Homestuck wouldn't be Homestuck with all the cursing removed
>>
>>82824230

I think Angel mentioned Loki's bogged down with finals.
>>
>>82824250
>could be drawn back

They wouldn't. Nobody trusts Hussie.
>>
File: S5e24_Cinnamon_Bun_bawling.png (848 KB, 1436x1080) Image search: [Google]
S5e24_Cinnamon_Bun_bawling.png
848 KB, 1436x1080
>>82824227
>name one other cartoon like SU faggot
Adventure Time
>>
It's hilarious to think that Tavros's powers can be used to control endgame underlings, First Guardians, part-animal God Tiers and huge fucking dragons, yet he never got to do any of these things.
>Underlings stopped being a threat long ago
>Becsprite would do nothing against Jack
>Pre-retcon Tavros was too dead to help with GCAT and grimdark Jade
>Post-retcon Tavros lived, but Vriska fixed Jade and he somehow never linked GCAT to Bec before any chances he had of controlling it were ruined
>There were no dragons (what a shame)
Instead Condy scienced up these abilities for herself and cashed on all the buildup. Which never happened to the other psychics.
It's probably a Page thing.
>>
>>82824264
Ninja turtles wouldn't be Ninja Turtles with robots instead of people dying. Im not saying it would be good, just that bullshit like this happens and people eventually forget it was derivated from a webcomic.

>>82824301
Not fair, Rebecca started the whole plot thing and then left for SU.
>>
>>82824334

Unfulfilled hopes and dreams are the epitome of Homestuck. I think the only ones to successfully end out on top are Dave and Kanaya.
>>
>>82824357
>name a show similar to Steven Universe
>does
>faggot says not fair
What the fuck is up with you Steven Universe fans? It's not like Adventure Time is some obscure underground cartoon or anything
>>
>>82824443
Im not the guy who made the question dumbass.
>>
>>82824460
You responded to it, asshole.
>>
File: 1353897014932.png (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1353897014932.png
85 KB, 500x375
>>
>>82822503
Instead she herself became the hotpocket
>>
>>82824334
His endgame was not using his (or Vriskas) powers and getting them to his side by god arguments and friendship.

Basically a lame "I befriend instead of literally controlling them" thing
>>
>>82824334
Tavros suddenly being a bad ass or saving the day with his powers would have gone against the entire point.

His conclusion was one of the few proper conclusions to a character's arc.
>>
>>82824524
I think it's more him not trying to be some big jumped up hero, nor some winging coward, but instead taking pride in his actual strengths and actually using those strengths to help others.
>>
>>82822642
HOW are these sexual faces to you /hst/? They're CLEARLY in PAIN.

Oh wait hol up, that's exactly what... oh shi-yeah; okay. Fuck you ya dirty fuckin homefcuks. Honestly.
>>
>>82824334
its probably a strength of homestuck that a bunch of characters with huge potential power dont go anywhere because it doesnt fit their personality. it gets a bit dumb seeing loser nerds suddenly tap into their chi just in time to show up the bullies every time. that shit is less believable to me than magic by this stage in my life.
>>
File: 02120.gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
02120.gif
11 KB, 650x450
If robolegs were always an option, why didn't Tavros get them a lot earlier?
>>
>>82824524
>>82824537
>>82824573
I'm not mad about that. It's definitely better for him to fulfill a pacifist's role, but he did go toe to toe with Lord English. I find it kinda odd that he never really used communion powers for anything in that fight, despite other characters getting callbacks to previous or hinted abilities.
Also him doing something small but useful like controlling Jade out of Grimbark would be interesting without being a show of absolute badassery, come on.
>>
>>82824650
Yeah instead a bunch of characters that sat around doing nothing but be gay suddenly all had battle prowess to take on several endgame bosses
>>
>>82824357
The original TMNT comic was just some indie comic only comic readers really knew about the source material wasn't something people could just find out about with a click of a button so the cartoon easily could become its own thing
Homestuck, all it takes is a google search to find out what Homestuck is
>>
>>82824671

He didn't live near Equius, who was the only one good enough with robotics to make them.
>>
>>82824334
Another one on the pile of wasted etc. etc.
>>
>>82824682
Doing something like releasing Jade would, aside from being far too convenient, have been to flashy and based on inherent ability. What Tavros did was simple leg work that needed to be done, and was a clear display of him trying to be a good person, and I think nothing else would have fit.
>>
>>82824697
who are you talking about? that doesnt apply to dave or dirk since both were high level well in advance of collide and karkat did a lot of sitting around being gay but i wouldnt call clover an end game boss
>>
File: 02518.gif (44 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
02518.gif
44 KB, 650x450
>>82824729
Plus Vriska, despite being a close neighbor, wouldn't lift a finger to advocate on his behalf because she wanted him under her thumb, I guess. Not that Equius would be willing to do charity work for somebody so low on the social ladder.
>>
>>82824682

My line
> Basically a lame "I befriend instead of literally controlling them" thing

Yeah, I was maybe a bit harsh on that. It just strikes me as lame in retrospect, since in that moment it was one of my favorite moments in the 2nd half. Him being like "see that vriska? I did that. I'm fucking amazing"
>>
>>82824300
no, WE don't trust Hussie but most other Homestuck fans just got bored and left during the hiatuses

they can be pulled back in or at the very least they exist as conduits for spreading hype even if they've given up on Homestuck themselves
>>
>>82824650
John's arc was totally about that though. DO THE WINDY THING and all. He's the shonen hero of Homestuck by excellence.
Jake also kind of had that moment. Tavros isn't far from them, considering how the thing holding him back the most was Vriska.

>>82824671
>>82824729
Terezi and Aradia considered getting Equius to make him prosthetic right after the incident. They concluded that Equius, being a total snob, would never agree to that.
It's fair to think he had a change of mind, and not that Tavros was being lazy about fixing his disability. (I literally had a friend tell me that once. Damn.)

>>82824801
>far too convenient
>too flashy and based on inherent ability
But you've got dozen of characters in the comic conveniently contributing even small things in flashy ways based on inherent ability. Sollux and Aradia pushing the meteor away from the Green Sun comes to mind.

Otherwise we're in agreement.

>>82824859
I suppose it would have been better if it hadn't been immediately followed by him roleplaying Meenah's slave, Vriska giggling about how wonderful everything is, and the army being passed to Meenah and then Vriska.
Kinda soured the deal.
>>
>>82824711
Does that really matter? Studios make adaptations that ignore the source material all the time. Easy access to the source material never seemed to have stopped them before. I can only think of shitty adaptations like ATLA and Dragonball right now but the point is that they exist.
>>
www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003840
>>
>>82821194
Exactly. Not too many pages before Act 7 we saw Gamzee + various other things fall into a black hole, only to re-emerge on Caliborn's Earth. Black holes don't mean shit in Homestuck.
>>
what was even the point of davekat when it went nowhere
>>
File: 1461529091758.jpg (38 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461529091758.jpg
38 KB, 480x480
What happened to the Sprites?
The Dream Bubbles?
The Ghosts?
The Consorts?
The Felt?
When in the timeline do the kids fight Caliborn?
Where did he get the Ring from?
How did Vriska's coat become the Cairo Overcoat?
What happened to Ms. Paint?
Bec Noir?
What happened to Aranea?
Did Vriska survive?
Did the Matriorb plot go anywhere?
Are new Trolls going to be made?
What is The Ultimate Riddle?
Did that Black Hole made from Jack English lead to Caliborn's session?
What about Tavrosprite?
How did the Genisis Frog just suddenly lead out from the volcano?

>Don't know if LE is defeated
>Don't know if they actually got their good ending in the new universe
>Don't know where Terezi is in the new universe
>Don't know if Vriska survived and made it into the new universe
>Don't know why they would teleport into the masterpiece
>Don't know why the remaining trolls didn't come with.
>Don't know if those are even our kids who did so
>Don't know what happened to all the sprites
>Don't know where the final frog teleported from
>Don't know when or how they shrink down the weapons to send with Liv Tyler
>Don't know how the trickster arc could have gone down since Erisol wasn't there post retcon
>Don't know how or when Vriska did her time travel recon
>>
>>82824960
just those numbers give me tingles
>>
File: tumblr_o77zg4cJaL1rxy3d8o2_1280.png (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o77zg4cJaL1rxy3d8o2_1280.png
1 MB, 1280x1280
>just found this Jade

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh my god I honestly thought that you guys were exaggerating this stuff, but apparently it really is that bad

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>82825048
>Did the Matriorb plot go anywhere?
>Are new Trolls going to be made?

some of these questions are fine but some of them are dumb as hell
>>
>>82825111
Gelasitcat pretty much has the market cornered on the most horrifying looking characters. Like they don't even resemble themselves anymore.
>>
>>82825111
We exaggerate nothing.
>>
>>82823802
At least post the full copypasta. It was funny the first time.
>>
>>82824524
That's not lame.

If he was an actual character and not a walking (kek) joke, then that could be an interesting overarching plot for him.
>>
>>82825111
When did Jade, one of the most feminine characters in the comic, become the whole "LOL UGLY ASS TRANNY THAT LOOKS LIKE GREGOR CLEGANE'S BLACK COUSIN" shit?
>>
>>82825111
i like the skirt pattern at least
>>
>>82825326
She's one of the few characters that isn't trans either, considering she expected to get pregnant at one point
>>
File: instarose_by_gelasticat-da2cw9w.jpg (110 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
instarose_by_gelasticat-da2cw9w.jpg
110 KB, 894x894
>>82825326
Silly anon, that's just her head canon, and every head canon is valid!

Now shut the fuck up and look at this retarded ass garbage. It's meant to be Rose, by the way.
>>
>>82825557
Shut the fuck up /r/homestuck
>>
>>82825390
>one of the few characters that isn't trans
anon...
>>
File: 1350015174583.png (149 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
1350015174583.png
149 KB, 500x536
>>
>>82825557
black excellence ~uvu~
>>
>>82825566
Dunno why we don't blame them more, they're way worse than tumblr legitimately. Like the biggest fucking sycophants who will try to justify shit like the ending and davekat with massive text posts.
>>
What could Hussie have done to unite Homestuck fan communities, rather than alternately pandering to them and antagonizing them in turn?
>>
>>82825576
We can assumes they meant "confirmed" not trans.
>>
>>82825326
who knows. dave and dirk are the only characters that have to be white to make sense but that doesnt stop them turning them into fat black dudes with vitiligo and blonde afros. headcanons are totally fine when theres space for them but what the fuck
>>
>>82825557
I'm more triggered by the pose. It's more something that Roxy or Dave would do.
>>
>>82825326
It's because she's the most feminine. Art of trans Rose would too easily look like rule 63, and tumblr thinks regular genderbending is evil and transphobic. But if you draw a burly man with long hair in a dress, then there's no doubt it's trans Jade and not r63 Jade.
>>
>>82825589
They're fucking lunatics and I really hate website wars, but there's something about those literal autists that rubs me the wrong way. They've lurked these threads for YEARS and post anything they find funny there, going as far as to change the theme of their website to match /co/'s layout and spout our ancient jokes every April Fool's.
>>
>>82825646
Pretty sure one of the mods there is one of the biggest offenders of this btw, never a point where they aren't watching us
>>
>>82824671
>Equius stands in the shadows breathing heavily as Kanaya has explosive diarrhea
>>
>>82825646
>April Fools
Do they pretend to be 4chan on April Fool's or something
>>
>>82825591
Personally I think that him making a tumblr, instead of hosting the Q&A on his own site or on Formspring or something, was a mistake. That's when the official 4ums started to lose their relevance.
>>
>>82825156
I'm attracted to Eri
>>
>>82825614
Silly anon. Sure, CANON Rose might be a character to the idea of selfies fucking stupid, but HEADcanon Rose is a much more free spirited self insert meant to fellate the author's self image with zero regard or understanding of the source material.

And all headcanons are valid.
>>
>>82825589
Yeah, I feel like a lot of the fervent davekat supporting is some of them, who's that one really godawful artist that always draws stuff in response to anti-davekat? tipsygnostalgic?
>>
>>82825690
Yes. I wish I had screenshots of the pathetic display to really show how awful these people are
>>
>>82825721
Why would anyone self-insert as Rose if they behave like Roxy.

They can just self-insert as Roxy?
>>
>>82825825
roxy is a gay-eraser
>>
>>82820912
Does that mean Calliope loses the life ring and dies eventually?
>>
>>82825825
That would imply an understanding of the characters and the creativity to extrapolate upon that knowledge.
>>
why are all of the canon gays in Homestuck so stoic
>>
>>82825589
>>82825746
From what I've seen during the Act 7 aftermath, I can only describe /r/Homestuck as loyalists.

Everything Hussie does is good, because it is done by Hussie. No choice he makes could be wrong. They support Davekat simple because it was (or at least appeared to be) canon. I didn't see any posts from there from when Remem8er came out, but I fucking bet it was full of "wow I hated Davekat before but I love it now!"
>>
>>82825891
gay people don't have feelings
>>
>>82825746
sometipsygnostalgic, and they're in these threads. I've seen shit drawn suddenly in their style and they tried to redraw steelcorridor's John "slay a gay" comic into gay davekat minigolf.
>>
barefooter jade > trans black jade
>>
>>82825913
intense autophobia jade > barefooter jade
>>
>>82825898
Sounds like reddit in general
>>
>>82825913
barefoot tanline jade with messy hair>>>> all other jades
>>
>>82825934
The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>82825936
I think the upvote system breeds sycophants
>>
>>82825934
Cute, likable Jade > Crazy fetish Jade
>>
>>82825934
>intense fear of not being fucked 24/7
>starts screaming and bawling the instant the dick is out
>>
>>82825858
yeah. i also think theres a strong possibility that calliope is either her own mother or at least her own ancestor
>>
>>82825936
It's such boring, superficial loyalism, too.

People were overly positive and admired Hussie on MSPAF, too, but it was more in the sense of "it may be bad now, but it will all come together in the end, Hussie works inn mysterious ways". on /r/Homestuck they just unironically said they loved Act 7 and banned any negative comments about it.
>>
>>82825955
Who said anything about autophobia being part of a fetish? It's just cute to imagine that Jade needs to be around people or she gets all fucked up
>>
>>82825988
>>82825936
>>82825898
The funny thing is I've submitted funny negative stuff, and if I tag it as "Shitpost" tons of people admit that the ending was rather lacking

...Well until the mods remove the submissions, anyways
>>
Act 6 had so many moments where a character would just explain what happened instead of the comic showing it. I miss when things all came together in a flash and you had to watch it a couple times to make sense of all the plot threads that just got tied up.
>>
>>82825988
im pretty sure the head mod hated the ending and the sidebar image was jokes about how shit it was for the first couple of days. i was clicking around to see reactions when act 7 came out and reddit was saltier than 4chan was
>>
>>82826049
yo remember that time where Andrew Hussie himself DIRECTLY TOLD CALIBORN WHAT THE MEANING OF THE STORY WAS
>>
File: image.png (370 KB, 1180x868) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370 KB, 1180x868
>>82826049
but thats what happened in act 7 and everyone hated it
>>
File: what_does_this_scene_mean.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
what_does_this_scene_mean.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>82826049
instead we got an ending where nothing gets tied up no matter how many times you watch it

>>82826066
at least Hussie's self-righteous rants are immortalized in the comic proper
>>
File: ROGUE OF VOID.png (167 KB, 500x631) Image search: [Google]
ROGUE OF VOID.png
167 KB, 500x631
tfw black guy attracted to really pale white chicks

tfw that "a-racial" nonsense means i have to see 3 Roxyniquas for every 1 white goddess
>>
>>82826049
The increasing reliance on exposition dumps always will be Homestuck's biggest problem.
>>
>>82826083
>Act 7
>tying plotlines up
No not really
>>
>>82826083
act 7 spent more time watching a tadpole fly than any of the flashes from Acts 1-4 that wrapped up several plot threads
>>
>>82826083
"Showing, not telling" is very different from "Not really showing or telling".
>>
>>82826096
Yeah, all those rosaceas, jadelabonshas and janemals get annoying
>>
>>82826017
>jade being part dog means her concept of time is fucked up
>on top of being afraid of being alone it means if someone's gone for a day that they're never coming back and she's been abandoned again
>>
>>82825977
Is Caliborn the father?
>>
>>82826222
how would that even work
>>
>>82825977
how the fuck do you give birth to yourself
>>
>>82826049
Don't you see? Wanting an actual plot, worldbuilding, and natural story progression makes you an evil fan, like Caliborn!

Be a good fan, like Calliope, who only cares for character interaction, shipping, and self-insert fanfiction!
>>
>>82826264
The male cherub laid that egg.
>>
>>82825912
>they tried to redraw steelcorridor's John "slay a gay" comic into gay davekat minigolf.
Now that's just sad.
>>
>>82826287
Momborn still had to knock up Dadborn
>>
>>82820802
Neither of them look dead, just KO'd
>>
Is it possible to create a stable arrangement of interconnected timelines such that each timeline depends on the other(s)? Not like a scratch where one timeline clearly spawned another, more like what I would describe as an "oscillating" alpha
>>
>>82826321
Their whole thing is sad. You know those people who edit existing pics into ship pictures and are serious about it? Or reply to everything about their ship with super passive-aggressive dumps or drawings?
That was that bitch, times a hundred.
>>
>>82826066
Remember when he directly told Caliborn what the meaning of the story was and how Caliborn had screwed himself over by stunting his emotional growth, then went on to make Caliborn one of the few characters with an arc while almost everyone else had their development erased by the retcon?

Remember when he told Caliborn that trickster mode was unhelpful because you can't just sweep problems under the rug and then he swept almost every character's problems under the rug either through the retcon or through just plain never mentioning them again?
>>
>>82826243
If I had to make it fit, LE manages to get into the new Universe somehow, earlier in his timeline than his conquest of the Outer Rim, he finds revived Calliope, he blows up some planets, they fuck, he leaves, drops his egg off, then goes on his way.
>>
>>82826243
well if one of them is their own parent it'd be weird if the other one wasn't also their own parent
>>
>>82826340
isn't that what terezi did with john sort of?
the game over timeline wasn't scratched but the main timeline was dependent on it
>>
>>82826321
I think I've seen part of it.

Probably the most cringey thing I have ever seen come out of Homestuck, at least in the last few years, and it retroactively nullifies any complaints about the original comic, because it proves that there are gays in need of slaying.
>>
Revived Calliope still has cheek swirls. She's probably a child forever and incapable of breeding.
>>
>>82826357
And remember when ultimately when they came off trickster mode they actually had some development, even if it was kind of useless and they still didn't really change their attitudes towards Jake?
>>
>>82826430
Who actually has a problem with that though?
>>
>Lord English never actually talked outside of that one instance
>>
>>82826434
jane should have fucked jake
>>
>>82826430
and when she goes to sleep she'll probably become caliborn
>>
>>82825941
I was not aware you were a footfag, Angel.
>>
>>82825941
>messy hair

Do you mean she's hairy, or like her hair is all messed up like she just slept a bunch?
>>
>>82826588
>Red herrings swim in my veins
>>
File: tumblr_o6z1xnnCYk1u8nraco1_1280.png (77 KB, 512x1320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6z1xnnCYk1u8nraco1_1280.png
77 KB, 512x1320
>>82826354
>>82826424
What the hell
>>
>>82826680
>hairy
Jade was raised by Nanna, a proper lady, and carapaces, who are smooth as shit. Jade's been green-sun burning any hair on her body since she was 13.
>>
File: 1457843331428.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457843331428.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
>>82826066
>the author's self insert guided Caliborn instead of Doc Scratch

IT'S BEEN YEARS AND I'M STILL SO ANGRY

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FAUNTLEROY

I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL FIND YOU
>>
>>82826710
Someone needs to show Steel this
>>
>>82826710
based john taking away lil cal to destroy the davekat-shipping souls inside
>>
>>82826710
Just another mark against davekat shippers
>>
>>82826710
I like how whoever edited john's mouth made the drawing worse because it was done on his style.
>>
Characters that would be improved at least tenfold by being perpetually barefoot:
>>
>>82826710
Oh god I found the minigolf post
http://sometipsygnostalgic.tumblr.com/post/144154051966/as-a-peace-offering-i-fixed-your-comic-youre#notes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 145

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.