[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Ben Affleck and Ryan Reynolds redeemed themselves, do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: SchumacherBane.png (285 KB, 623x759) Image search: [Google]
SchumacherBane.png
285 KB, 623x759
Now that Ben Affleck and Ryan Reynolds redeemed themselves, do you think Joel Schumacher deserves another shot at comicbook movies?
>>
>>82818296

No
>>
No. He's had plenty of chances and he botched almost every single one.

I feel bad too, because he doesn't seem like a horrible person.
>>
>>82818296
I love Forever but man he dropped the fucking ball with Batman and Robin
>>
>>82818296
>Ben Affleck redeemed himself

Spotted the delusional DCdrone
>>
>>82818296
no.
>>
I'd love to see the timeline where Batman Triumphant happened. I know Joel really wanted to adapt Year One.
>>
>>82818607
Even people who hated BvS can't deny he was the best part of the film
>>
>>82818296
FUCK NO!!!! even though he seems like a jice guy IRL, that seems to be legitmatelly sorry he fucked up the batman franchise for 8 years
>>
>>82818607
See
>>82818665
BvS was garbage, but Affleck acted his ass off in that movie.
>>
>actors who had shit luck to appear in bad movies = director who fucked up on his own
Baka.
Reynolds was the best part of Blade Trinity and one of the few redeeming parts of Origins, by the way
>>
>>82818296
Affleck didn't redeem shit.

Just because everything else is BvS is terrible doesn't make his not so terrible performance any good.
>>
>>82818296
Sure. Provided he doesn't have more suits demanding he make things camp and toyetic. He gave WB exactly what they asked for and somehow he's the one who had to fall on his sword for it.

I always get the feeling that most people on /co/ who pan him aren't really familiar with his body of work outside of the Batman films.
>>
>>82818607
He did redeemed himself in BvS, he show that he can act and nail his part despite the movie itself being a pile of shit.
>>
>>82818890
>director who fucked up on his own

But it were the producers who fucked up the movies ("make if more toyetic", "its for kids")

Schumacher is actually a pretty decent director, around the time he did his Bat-movies he also directed: The Client, A Time to Kill and 8MM.
>>
>>82818968
Who could forget timeless classics like Bad Company and The Number 23.

He peaked with Falling Down.
>>
>>82819041
>He peaked with Falling Down.
You have to admit, that's a hell of a fucking peak, though.
>>
>>82818577
I'm the opposite: I absolute detest Forever which is unbearable to me, but I think B&R is mostly digestible crap that I can endure
>>
>>82818296
He's a good director, and I like a good number of his films. That said, I sincerely doubt he WANTS to do another cape film.
>>
>>82819906
He might. He is comic fan, if it weren't for the producers, he might have given us an adaptation of Year One.
>>
>>82818296
>Ryan Reynolds did poorly when he wasn't in control
>Did very well when allowed to do it his way with a character he loved and played
>Ben Affleck did poorly when he wasn't in control
>Did very well when allowed to do it his way with a character he loved and played
>Joel Schumacher fucked up when he was in control
>?
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>82820333
>schumacher in control of the batman movies
>>
>>82820333
Kenner had more control of those movies than Joel did.
>>
>>82818567
Phantom of the Opera was actually pretty good. I feel like he's good for the artistic direction of cape films, but should have a co-directer to reign him in.
>>
>>82818665
Being the stand-out part of a turd makes him sweetcorn, not diamond.
>>
>>82818296
Joel was a lot like Snyder, he REALLY thought he was giving people the Batman they wanted, he tried to find a middle ground between Adam West & Tim Burton & I actually think he succeeded but he really had no fucking idea what Batman had nominally become at that point in the comics & animation.

And yeah the gay stuff was pretty dumb.

For a few years after he talked about how he 'owed the fans a dark Batman film' as if somebody finally handed him Miller/O'Neil stuff and realized how bad he fucked up.
>>
>>82818296
Sure, give him something small or that suits his over-the-top design ideas.

Batman and Robin had good designs, it was a poor story with different element (bat nipples is a prime example) choices that made it into this odd mix of the silver plus modern age monster.
>>
>>82818296
The DCEU has nothing to lose.
Let him direct a solo Mr. Freeze movie.
>>
>>82818296
>Ryan Reynolds redeemed himself
He didn't need to redeem shit. Someone thinks all he's ever done was capeshit movies. Go watch Smokin' Aces, Safehouse, Waiting..., and those are just the ones I've seen.

Fuck you, go learn something.
>>
Batman & Robin is the Batman movie that best understands the long term goals of Batman.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.