[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gwenpool the worst new character from the big two? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14
Is Gwenpool the worst new character from the big two?

I can't think of any other character having such a lazy concept and execution.

I was thinking about choosing Joker's Daughter for the stupid name and the oooooh so edgy design, but at least they took more risks with her character instead of playing it the safest and most generic way possible like Gwenpool.

What do you think /co/?
Inbefore cute posters white knighting a drawing.
>>
I think Gwenpool's book is immensely entertaining, and I like that the book doesn't shy away from the fact that Gwen kind of is a huge hypocrite who doesn't take other people's lives seriously because she doesn't think the Marvel universe is real.

She's a fun character, but she's not exactly a perfect role model.
>>
>>82799458
>responding seriously to one of Megafag's threads
wew laddie. Just report and ignore, anon. All he wants is attention.
>>
>>82799125
I dont know, Jokers Daughter is pretty fucking terrible
>>
>>82799458

Didnd't she killed a lot of dudes in the first issue just to be sad about some random dude being killed in the very same issue?
>>
>>82799663

I don't know, stupid over the top vs stupid generic.

Which sounds worse?

At least Joker's daugter has some ''so bad is good'' moments.

Gwenpool is just dull
>>
>>82799791
She thought just because she was in a comic book world, nothing bad would ever happen to her because she's the "protag"
>>
>>82799873

Its incosistent.

In one moment she is killing thugs like she was a freaking ninja.

In the other she is crying about somebodhy dying, not that something was happening to her.
>>
>>82799125
>>82799791
>>82799974
>>82799827
You already made one thread, did you really need to make another Megafag?
>>
OP probably spends every night flogging himself while wearing a white stocking on his head and yelling "You've been a bad girl, Gwen-chan!" through broken sobs.
>>
>>82799873
Stop trying to respond seriously to Megafag. He's just shitposting. He's incapable of doing anything that isn't shitposting.
>>
>>82799125
No you have shitty taste.
>>
>>82799125
>Joker's Daughter
>New
>>
>>82800009
>>82800044

Spam faggots should get a life and let other people talk about what they want.

Loser.
>>
>>82800087
She's recent
She was in Suicide Squad
>>
>>82800051

In /co/ that means that I have a great taste and I'm not a beta cuck that likes shit based on wanting to fuck a drawing.

>>82800087

I mean the new 52 version which is totally different from older versions
>>
>>82799827
>Double spacing, misspelled words, poor grammar.

You don't even need to name yourself GwenFan.
What is with you and Gwen are you some sort of Tsundere stalker. How many threads do you need.
>>
File: 1447805087883.png (412 KB, 580x658) Image search: [Google]
1447805087883.png
412 KB, 580x658
>>82800010
>>
>>82799125
The concept is awful but the execution isn't. It's not groundbreaking or mind blowing but, and I may be judging it next to things that have come out "recently" that I find thoroughly disappointing, It's not that bad of read. I thought X-23... I think X-23, is an awful concept but the execution was great. Gwenpool is an enjoyable book so far. As I said especially in comparison to other things(Gwens) that are currently in the spotlight.
>>
File: 1461049069439.png (405 KB, 537x879) Image search: [Google]
1461049069439.png
405 KB, 537x879
Why don't you like me, OP?
>>
>>82800286

I don't see it, to me x-23 makes sense and they took some risks in changing, yet again, part of Wolverine's past.

Gwenpool feels like a cheap book just by the fact that its about a real life really hot girl that its also into marvel comics and falls into the comic and starts kicking ass from the get go.

Too much of a mary sue for my taste.
>>
File: 1453335968888.gif (1 MB, 540x320) Image search: [Google]
1453335968888.gif
1 MB, 540x320
>>82799125
>>82799791
>>82799827
>>82799974
>>82800114
>>82800158
>>82800532
>Megafag is back
>>
Shit is shit anon.
>>
who /hype/ here?
>>
>>82801013
Everyone with taste.
>>
File: they call me a fucking rip off.jpg (209 KB, 1106x552) Image search: [Google]
they call me a fucking rip off.jpg
209 KB, 1106x552
>>82801013

Marvel is all about references/ripping off shit nowadays
>>
>>82801149
vision came first
>>
>>82801306
With a different look that was totally different from Dr. Manhattan.

They are even copying his expressions.
>>
File: laughing beta.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
laughing beta.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>82799125
>he read gwenpool
>>
>>82801342
oh I see nice bait
>>
Whatever happened to Lady Deadpool?

what's with the weird obsession with alternate versions of Gwen Stacy, Spidey's worst love interest?
>>
>>82801342
You're asking why two guys, who's character arc largely includes wrestling with the idea of being human are making similar faces?
>>
>>82799125
Who is the IHOP girl?
>>
>>82801393

We all have our retarded mistakes anon, don't judge me!

>>82801451

They don't have to look basically the SAME just because they have similar stories.
>>
>>82801435
So, here's Gwenpool's history.

>Be a Variant Cover
>Variant cover is popular, cosplay also results
>Marvel decides to capitalize by adding "Gwenpool" to backissues of Howard the Duck
>Is well received
>Gets a feature in a christmas special
>Is well received
>Gets an ongoing
>#1 Sold well(All #1s do though), and was well received.
>>
>>82801149
>https://desustorage.org/co/search/image/wXS4G4kEuQkXkA2lfiBKcg/
>he's still at it
wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 620x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 620x614
>>82799125
>>82799663
>>82799827
>>82800157

Joker's Daughter is like 40 years old. She's not "new," you casual faggots.
>>
>>82801475
Some slut with Shaq Hands
>>
>>82801557
I like Shaq,

I could get into that.
>>
They're both pretty awful.
>>
>>82799125
Yet it continues to sell, just like Spider-Gwen. Still, there are comic book fans, especially those on /co/, who claim to have taste and would support any series that deviants from standard protocol, but these sheep still purchase the same issues, the same characters, or similar characters with a single difference that Marvels pulls a Rule 63 on you drones. You people really are tools, I'm glad I've outgrown cape comics.
>>
>>82801585
How many people DON'T like Shaq?
>>
>>82801519
>and was well received.

You gotta lurk /co/ more often, people really don't like her beyonf the Gurihuru artwork.

Go back in time and change things so Gurihuru draws Squirrel-Girl or Angela and instead of Gwenpool and waifu fags would be all over those books praising everything just because of the artwork.

Kinda like when you date a hot girl that is really dumb and you can't stand her but she has nice tits so all the things that she says don't sound as dumb.
>>
>>82801534

1- That looks just like the Joke with tits.

2- I meant the one that has Joker's face attached to her own face... which is a reference to the fact that she used to be the Joker but with tits????
>>
>>82801557

Some slut with regular hands, is Gwenpool the one with baby hands.
>>
>>82801633
It's not just the art that makes Squirrel Girl shit
>>
>>82801661
It's the same character you stupid nigger
>>
As a DCuck I don't understand Gwen's popularity at all.
Like, who the fuck even is she as a character? I know her existence in comic book history and her original plot, but what the fuck is going on now?
>>
>>82801633
>people really don't like her beyonf the Gurihuru artwork
What's it like living in an imaginary universe, Megafag? People like it because Hastings is a great writer and they like how he writes the character. People liked Gwenpool back during the first Howard the Duck back-ups, and that didn't have Gurihiru doing the art.

People hated Angela because of the writing, not the art. It already had phenomenal art for the Hans portions. People hate Squirrel Girl for the art while being indifferent towards the writing. If you put Gurihiru on that then yeah, it'd probably be better received.

But Gwenpool is good because both the writer and artist are fantastic. Something you'll never admit because it breaks the narrative you need for your non-stop, rampant shitposting.
>>
>>82801798
like the nu52, Marvel had a sort of soft reboot where they pulled a crisis of infinite earths war that resulted in the main timeline/reality/universe populated by various alternate "new" versions of several characters. Dead characters are back, boring characters replaced by fun new versions, alternate timelines and what-ifs are now real
>>
>>82801798
Gwenpool is named Gwen Poole. She has no relation to Gwen Stacy other than the first name and the fact that she's blonde.

Spider-gwen, Ultimate Gwen, Spectacular Spider-man Gwen, and classic Gwen all have very different perosnalities, so I'm not sure what the fuck is up on that front. I think people like the idea of Gwen Stacy (Peter's perfect love that dies tragically) more than they like the actual character.
>>
>>82801946
>marvel
>reboot
>ever
Fuck you.
>>
>>82801960
What was Gwen even like originally?
>>
>>82801878
didn't read.

>>82801728
>It's not just the art that makes Squirrel Girl shit

Yes it is, the writing is not that bad besides ''men suck, am I right?''

Then again I have only read like 2 issues.
>>
>>82802044
Kind of a bitch.
>>
>>82802121
Elaborate?
>>
>>82801762

Its not the same character at all despite having the same name you retard.

Mr. Freeze was a shit character untill Hearts of Ice re-invented him
>>
>>82802112
>Yes it is, the writing is not that bad besides ''men suck, am I right?''
You're thinking of Hellcat.
>>
>>82801946
>boring characters replaced by fun new versions

Is this shitposting?
>>
>>82802174

No, that is shit all over the place.
>>
>>82802198
90% of this thread is shitposting, anon.
>>
>>82802157
And yet Mr. freeze was not "new" for TAS.

Stop trying to defend yourself, casual. You showed your true colors.
>>
All I know is that some guy in Florida tried to buy $75 worth of IHOP with my credit card.

Eat my ass, Jason.
>>
>>82802273

Yeah, waifufaggots are the worse kind of cancer.
>This anon keeps making threads hating on Gwenpool!!! I should do something!!!

How about closing your eyes? Going to a different thread? I will never understand why people waste so much time shiposting.
>>
>>82802333

>I'm going to keep nitpicking what you say!!!

So you are autistic, whatever.

What a waste of trips.
>>
>>82799791
You ever play a video game, kill a lot of bad guys, and then feel sad that one of your party members was perma-killed?
That's how she thinks, all of these deaths are based on how they affect her. Think of it like being a sociopath. The only reason she isn't a clear-cut sociopath is because, she's right that these people she kills aren't real.
>>
>>82801494
Are people really taking a similar expression and yelling "oh it's a rip off a rip off" because they found a fingerhold on something to hate? Man comic fans are such faggots. No wonder no one respects us.
>>
>>82802441
>You ever play a video game, kill a lot of bad guys, and then feel sad that one of your party members was perma-killed?

I get pissed about it.

But she killed some thugs, so she jumps from being a regular girl to murder thugs and then to being sad about some random guy dying despite her knowing that none of that was real?

I think that this comics has a case of the Inconsistent Writing
>>
File: 1410022565626.png (177 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
1410022565626.png
177 KB, 317x310
>>82802386
>I will never understand why people waste so much time shiposting.
Coming from the king of shitposting himself?
>>
>>82802504

Similar expressions, looks, design and themes on the writing.

If anything it seems like the book was pitched as ''Dr. Manhattan if he was a robot''
>>
File: Shrek the Rock Johnson.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Shrek the Rock Johnson.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>82802416

>>not respecting trips

get the fuck out
>>
Why do you keep posting a random Ihop chick next to Gwenpool?

The only similarities you can get from the picture is that they both have breasts.
>>
>>82802534

I'm talking about a subject with people. You are the only one going ''lool superfaggots!! same thread!!!''

Seriously, why don't you just make your own Gwenpool wanking thread if this one is ravaging your ass so much?
>>
>>82802607
Doesn't talking about the same exact thing all day every day just so you can repost the same 5 images and regurgitate your same 5 arguments get boring to you? Are (you)s just that precious to you?
>>
>>82802552
Except his look has always been similar to that. The only similarity to Manhattan was the expression. As fir the themes...they ones vision has alway dealt with and honestly aren't even the same as doc Manhattan. Vision isn't slowly losing interest in humanity due to heightened consciousness. He's trying to fit in despite being an artificial being and in His ongoing, trying to raise and equally weird if not stranger family to truly be human.
If you read vision and thought doc Manhattan that's you obersimplifying shit due to your own lack of imagination and a taking broadconcepts like 'not human trying to fit In' and claiming they mean one is a rip off of the other despite vision having been doing that shit decades before watchmen.
>>
>>82799125
gonna need more of that iHop girl
>>
>>82802560

trips that are wasted are a shame anon.

>>82802587

1- To show that she has normal sized hands compared with the baby hands that Gwenpool has despite both being place in front of their faces.

2-To trigger some virgin anon, its really fucking funny because he thinks that he can get into my head with petty shitposting, the guy literally spends all day waiting for Gwenpool threads to be made so he can spergs at people about his waifu fagging, sometimes I just make the thread and he start having a whole argument with other anon calling him ''OP'', is funny as hell!
>>
>>82802799
>all day every day

I'm not you anon, your autism makes you believe that these threads are being made everyday.

>>82802812
>>
>>82802844
If you ask me you're both boring pathetic faggots. Just fuck and get it over with.
>>
>>82802840
We've concluded that she is related to Shaq and that everyone likes Shaq.

There you go.
>>
>>82802112
Nah overall squirrel girl is shit. The "web comic alt text" on the bottom in orange is shit. The execution of comedy is shit. The art is absolutely shit.

It could be all done far better. Right now it's just trying to be way too much on the lulz so randumz aspect that only people like david willis' drones should like it.
>>
>>82801601
Joke's on you I only buy trades from the big two. I'm still undecided on Image. Because I love the fix, but I hate floppies, and not having paperback trades
>>
>>82802152
she fuck the green goblin
>>
>>82802900

>One anon makes threads about some shit and talks about it with other anons.
>The other anon shitpost as much as he can calling everybody a super faggot like a fucking shild.

Yeah, totally the same.
>>
>>82802978

If you take it as a book that is aimed at a younger crowd which I really think that's the case is not that bad.

Hellcat, Gwenpool, Captain Marvel and Angela were aimed at teens and young adults and despite that the books are childish and watered down when it comes to show blood or talk about adult themes, it feels cartooney
>>
>>82803112
>childish and watered down when it comes to show blood or talk about adult themes, it feels cartooney
How does that remotely apply to Captain Marvel and Angela? Angela's problem wasn't that it was cartooney, it's that it was absolutely horribly written. The current Captain Marvel is a pretty standard cape book, and even under KSD, the problem wasn't being "cartooney" but having a complete lack of focus, dull plotting, boring characterizations, and mediocre dialogue.

The only one it really applies to is Hellcat, where the problem is that there's zero tension or conflict, making it come off as childish and watered down even for a kids book.
>>
>>82803057
This is just another bitch thread.
Sorry you are both whiny faggots.
>>
>>82803395
I'm actually amazed how much better captain marvel has gotten without ksd
>>
Has she met deadpool yet?
>>
>>82803509
No. Hastings doesn't want her meeting Deadpool until she's become her own established thing.
>>
>>82803539
Didn't Hastings or a writer on Deadpool say that he would hate her because of how she has no regard for people's lives.
>>
>>82803804
Yeah, Hastings said that in an interview.
>>
>>82803420

Wow, this anon totally changed my life with this post! That amound of wit contained in a single post???? Life changing, man.
>>
>>82803804

Is this Hastings a hack writter? What other stuff has she/he made?
>>
If you hate Gwenpool so much, why do you keep making threads about her?
>>
>>82804413
The adventures of Dr.Mcninja

And he writes the Adventure time comics which are far better than the show.
>>
Hard to take /co/s opinion on a comic seriously when threads are mainly just posting pictures of Gwen.
Seems like you only like it because Gwen is cute and that's exactly what they want.
>>
>>82804730
You could always make an informed opinion of your own by reading it yourself. There's three whole issues out.
>>
>>82804413

Christopher Hastings is definitely not a hack writer. Shit, I've been reading his stuff longer than I've been reading Big Two comics.I got into Dr. McNinja when I was a freshman in high school.
>>
>>82804413
He's made Dr. McNinja, Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, and Gwenpool. All of which are great.
>>
>>82801960
Wel, they also like her because most of them (re)discovered her with the Amazing Spider Man movies. Her being played by Emma Stone probably had a huge impact on the character's popularity.
>>
>>82799125
Ame-Comi saves Duela Dent from being the worst character because she has at least one good incarnation.
>>
Probably already said but Gwenpool is good and Joker's Daughter (or at last Duela) isn't new
>>
>>82799125
DC drone pls
>>
>>82802516
he wasn't a random guy dying
he was a guy she'd talked to and sort-of gotten to know
the thugs she shot, those were random guys, which is why she didn't give a shit about them.
>>
File: gwen a cute! a cute!.jpg (35 KB, 298x542) Image search: [Google]
gwen a cute! a cute!.jpg
35 KB, 298x542
>>82799125
Is Gwenpool the cutest new character from the big two?
>>
File: memes.jpg (43 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
43 KB, 167x200
Gwenpool is Marvel's Superboy-Prime

A love letter to Morrison and Morrison-esque stories. An exploration of the relationship between a protagonist and an auxiliary character, the consequences of maintaining such a powerful weapon that is 'plot armor', and the literal/figurative life-giving force of money that serves as the clockwork that runs the gears of the comic industry and thus propels Gwen Poole's life. See that she is a mercenary, an occupation that literally requires her to kill for money as she is killing (entertainment) for our money in real life.

As the Flash taps into the power of the Speedforce, the literary manifestation of movements, acting as both an ability within the narrative and a force that pushes the story forward; Gwen Poole too taps into an unnamed force made of popularity and sales numbers. To live, she must exploit the perceptions of cuteness, crude humor, and a culture of violence. She is both a reflection of the industry itself and the readers who support it. The end of issue 2 shows a pure existential crisis, why does she live and what for?

She exists merely to exist. A virus. A meme.
>>
>>82799125
Hello.
>>
>>82810559
you sound like a fucking metal gear villain
>>
>>82801633
>people really don't like her beyonf the Gurihuru artwork.
stop trying to put words in other peoples mouths jackass

the only person on /co/ ive seen saying anything negative about gwenpool has been you.
>>
>>82799659
>wew
you have to go back
>>
>>82800477
I like you. I mean you are basic as fuck and nothing new or special but good easy reading.
>>
File: metalgearsolid_screen015.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
metalgearsolid_screen015.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>82811048
A metal gear villain?
>>
File: Monsoon.jpg (219 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
Monsoon.jpg
219 KB, 1500x843
>>82813833
>>
>>82799125
>that filename
shameless shitposter is shameless and a faggot
>>
>>82811048
It's copypasta, but that's still an accurate observation.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.