[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how shit marvel is now? I think that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: gwen pool shit face again.jpg (173 KB, 848x496) Image search: [Google]
gwen pool shit face again.jpg
173 KB, 848x496
Can we talk about how shit marvel is now?

I think that they are willing to do about any book as long as they can sell.

I mean, pic related has to be the most obvious cashgrab that I have seen in recent years outside of Civil War 2.

Why is Marvel so focused on the tumblr demographic these days? They aren't even buying their shitty books!
>>
>>82798404
Now? Marvel's been shit for a long time.
>>
>>82798480

I personally think that five years ago Marvel maybe didn't had as many interesting books but the universe in itself felt more solid and cohesive than what we have today.
>>
>>82798404
Practically anything Gwen is a cashgrab
>>
>>82798404
Gurihiru's art is based desu familia.
>>
File: 143547898134.png (195 KB, 1400x1207) Image search: [Google]
143547898134.png
195 KB, 1400x1207
>>82798404
I wonder if there's any specific event we can trace the start of Marvel's current brand of shittiness to?

Surely nothing could have changed the way they're run.
>>
>>82798404

>I think that they are willing to do about any book as long as they can sell.

it's almost like they're a business trying to make profits
>>
>>82798592
This. Nips do western comics best.
>>
File: shitty small babyhands.jpg (121 KB, 760x520) Image search: [Google]
shitty small babyhands.jpg
121 KB, 760x520
>>82798592
>>
>>82798611
They were shit in 90s. Disassembled which started the modern era was the start of modern shittiness I guess.
>>
>>82798566
Spider-Gwen is my waifu.
>>
>>82798654
>MUH HAND ANATOMY FAKE OUTRAGE
>>
>>82798622

They used to also think about the stories and how those characters would conect to the rest of the universe.

Nowadays they just turn every new character into a quirky piece of shit that doesn't even affects the rest of the universe
>>
>>82798538
I don't know I just don't think Marvel or DC have had a lot interesting come out in the past twelve years. There's like a handful of standout titles, but most of it is incredibly bland. It's not any worse now from my point of view because I don't care about cohesive universe stuff.
>>
>>82798623

No way, the lack of detail on the backgrounds in Gwenpool are Squirrel Girl tier of bad.

Nips are known for the detail in their work, not for being lazy asses
>>
>>82798404
>they are willing to do about any book as long as they can sell
a publication company willing to publish anything to make money?

inconceivable.jpg
>>
>>82798404
>"Why is Marvel shit?"
>Complains about when Marvel tries something halfway novel, even if completely vapid
>Not complaining about the post-Shooter simmering cesspool of mediocrity and boredom.
>>
>>82798682
>>MUH HAND ANATOMY FAKE OUTRAGE

>MUH SHITTY WEABOO ARTISTS IS PERFECT YOU GUYS!!

Go to /a/
>>
>>82798703

because the problem with Gwenpool is she hasn't met the avengers...
>>
>>82798743
Nah, Gurihiru is great.
>>
>>82798774
>>Complains about when Marvel tries something halfway novel, even if completely vapid

You answered your own comment with that, beut I would disagreen on Gwenpool having a novel concept, is just deadpool but less interesting and bloody.
>>
File: cover9grande.jpg (783 KB, 1018x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover9grande.jpg
783 KB, 1018x1600
>>82798809

She/he/they don't even create good weaboo art!

Its some Deviantart/squirrel girl tier shit
>>
>>82798404
>They aren't even buying their shitty books!

Most of the Tumblr-centric titles are doing pretty well, especially considering more of their female customers tend to buy online. You're forgetting that /co/ is a very small minority of comic buyers and pirate everything anyways. Of course they're going to go where the money is.
>>
>>82798677
Shes popular because of her costume. Her universe sucks. The sad thing is Marvel will find a reason to move her to 616. CLONE
>>
>>82798611
They were shit before the buyout. Look at the articles about working there. Insane work conditions, incredibly tight deadlines and shit pay means they hemorrhage talent like nobody's business. The only people that stay are the diehard fans.
>>
File: lazy artwork.jpg (1 MB, 2568x1840) Image search: [Google]
lazy artwork.jpg
1 MB, 2568x1840
>>82798809
>>82798592
>>82798623

Gurihuru is just like the Squirrel Girl artist, only difference is generic anime faces vs horrible faces
>>
>>82798404
Just like all the grimdark and edge in the 90s, it's a fad. It'll pass.
>>
>>82798896
It's real good though.
>>
>>82798971

But even Ms Marvel sales are low as shit
>>
>>82799089
Your own image dissporoves your argument. The backgrounds are more detailed in Gwenpool. Futhermore, /co/ hates Squirrel girl for the awful character designs, and Gwen Pool doesn't have awful character designs.
>>
>>82799115

See >>82799089
>>
File: 1431874313371.jpg (140 KB, 663x296) Image search: [Google]
1431874313371.jpg
140 KB, 663x296
>>82798404
>Can we talk about how shit marvel is now?
>posts Gwenpool
>>
>>82798538
>>82798404

Yeah it feels like... It used to be the artists made something and fans either took it or left it. But now, with the Internet and how everyone is connected the artist digests and reproduces ideas from the consumer instead of just doing their own thing?

Hence every tumblr-fad-meme makes into Marvel stuff because those artists/creators are actively part of that community. A negative feedback loop basically. As if the play wright let the audience on stage to dick around while the play was trying to go on too.

>>82798622

You can do that without sacrificing your integrity or fan base. I'm a customer. I'm not buying this shit. There you go, one source of profit just turned off another. This is short-term thinking. Why make a 10% profit for five years when you can make a 150% profit this year and then go bankrupt the next because you alienated your stable marketshare in favor of whimsical fads! American business thinking at it's finest.

>>82798611

I still blame Disney because the pattern with Disney seems to be gut substance in favor of style.
>>
>>82798743
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>82799180
The only difference between the background is the use of black on the Gwenpool backgrounds.

Look how lazy the detail is when it comes to draw props like those helmets and shit on the rack
>>
>>82799089
K shitaste
>>
>>82798654
That's some top tier tism you got there m80
>>
>>82798404
Hmmm yeah I wonder why a company that's goal is to earn profit in a dieing medium would try to cater to a new and possibly profitable demographic that has shown interest in the content? Yeah big fuckin mystery anon.

I'm no SJW and I hate pandering as much as the next person but come on its a business decision that makes sense. And I actually like a lot of the books their publishing now. Of course there's utter crap (Angela Queen of Hel) but I think it's wishful thinking to say it's all bad
>>
>>82799273
I see a background with a diverse assortment of superfluous items to make the world feel real, something Squirrel Girl lacks.
>>
>>82799248

This is /co/ so when you post ''lol faggot'' means that my argument is on the right, thanks!
>>
>>82799370

And those said items lack detail, texture, etc.

Things that are a given when it comes to weaboo artists drawing shit.

>>82799299

No, its called shitty anatomy. As in Gwenpool has hands like a 5 year old girl instead of adult hands like pic on the left.

Its not my fault that you are too dense to notice it
>>
>>82799348

Yeah and most of those ''new demographic''/tumblr books are failling.

Because marvel thinks that Aimed at girls= Shit meme writing.
>>
>>82799489
Enjoy your house art cuck faggot. Gurihiru is too good for capeshitters.
>>
Well its actually pretty logical of you follow marketing trends.

Basically, there's a rising trend of male young adults that overpopulated children as consumers, and said adults have been groomed to have arrested development and artificial nostalgia (which is why you see so many kids from the 90'same reference and buy shit from the 80's). And while this means a better opportunity to expand on long-form brands like marvel and star wars, you don't have that same effect for young adult women because those American girl brands don't have a slimmer of longevity with individual people, it's strictly for children. However, the young adult woman audience vastly out numbers the male audience in not just numbers, but also just how much money they make, since there are more single career women with expos able income than young men who, for the most part, have families or just objectively make less individually. Like, your typical wage slave schmo has less money than a wage slave jane.

Turns out those girls are usually single, overweight and binge on trashy romance science fiction shows and have an even worse case of arrested development than their male counter parts. So you've basically been swing a rise in exposure of nostalgia brands, but a steady move towards retooling those brands into the growing "western fujoshi" market.

Tl;Dr you guys aren't the cash cow anymore.
>>
>>82798404
Can you at least stick to one thread, Megafag?
>>
>>82799648
>Gurihiru

Is shit for beta cucks and pedos
>>
>>82799865

You can't turn any random thread into a sticky, noob.
>>
>>82799925
Silly me, for a second there, I almost forgot that you're a literal retard rather than just a pretend retard. My mistake, Megafag.
>>
>>82798404
Because they want the normie audience.
>>
>>82799954
autism is stronger in sundays.
>>
>>82800342

>Its an waifu fag has an autism attack in front of everybody!

OP here, most of those comments are not made by me, what are you even trying to say?
>>
>>82800442
Sure they're not, Megafag.
>>
File: 1463099057669.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463099057669.png
7 KB, 400x400
>>82799089
>artists don't compose around speech bubbles anymore
This triggers me
>>
Stop reading big two comics. You're only giving them more money to shit on characters you love in a halfassed attempt to make even more money.
>>
>>82800478
>>82800342
>>82799954
>>82799865

What is it about Gwenpool that whenever people talk shit about her it triggers some sort of white knighting autism for people?
For real, everytime I see a Gwenpol hate thread there is always this one anon calling everybody a mega fag ( great insult kiddo.) and starts calling everybody a same fagg and shit like that.

Seriously people, stop with the autism, Gwenpool is not a real girl, you can't fuck her.

Even if she was and she was living next to your house she probably would be fucking jocks.

Stop being an autist dude, nobody cares.
>>
File: 1436763889927.jpg (91 KB, 395x635) Image search: [Google]
1436763889927.jpg
91 KB, 395x635
>>82800653
The problem isn't talking about Gwenpool. It's you specifically, Megafag.
>>
>>82800653
Because people like Gwenpool DESPITE the concept. You're right, a cross between Deadpool and Flavor-of-the-year-Gwen Stacy should be shit, yet the creative team makes a passable, arguably even good product despite the handicap.

Here's how these threads usually go.

>"Gwen Stacy and Deadpool? Marvel's sunk to new lows, this character is shit."
>"But it's actually pretty readable."
>"Give proof!"
>"Here's proof."
>"Not good enough!"

It's a trend that's happened multiple times a week since this was made, and it gets repetitive.
>>
>>82800872
>Because people like Gwenpool

Then go and make a Gwenpool thread then instead of shitposting like an idiot, mega fagggot
>>
>>82800826
>The problem isn't talking about Gwenpool. It's you specifically

Are you a virgin? Because that's the only thing that can excuse this amount of autism about a ''Marvel is shitting the bed'' thread.
>>
>>82799686
How come that the books are not selling then?
I never see girls talk about Ms Marvel, Gwenpool or or Squirrel Girl.
Just twenty something waifu fags wanking over the first two while shitting on the last one for not being ''waifu material''
>>
File: 1428708108004.gif (794 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1428708108004.gif
794 KB, 500x446
>>82801305
Evidently not since you're still here.
>>
>>82799686
>However, the young adult woman audience vastly out numbers the male audience in not just numbers, but also just how much money they make, since there are more single career women with expos able income than young men who, for the most part, have families or just objectively make less individually. Like, your typical wage slave schmo has less money than a wage slave jane.

True, they have the money. However, having it & parting with it are two totally different things. They download off torrents, share codes with friends, or just get it off Tumblr or IImgur.

I look forward to what happens to Marvel after the Movie Fad drys up.
>>
>>82800872

More like

>Stop hating what I like!!!
>This is /co/
>**full autism mode activated!**

Take a look at this guy >>82801228
>>82800342

Is this the Gwenpool fanbase?
>>
>>82801390

ow, the edge, must be a tiger with the girls.
>>
>>82801422
No, I like Gwenpool and those two look like fucking twits.

Well, I say I like Hastings. If the character outlives his writing her, and somebody else starts writing her, if she still has fans would be an interesting question.

Sort of like how The Sentry was a good character at first, and then Bendis got to him. You see my point?
>>
File: the worst of the worst.jpg (450 KB, 1180x772) Image search: [Google]
the worst of the worst.jpg
450 KB, 1180x772
Marvel is nothing but pure quality, specially when it comes to female characters!
>>
>>82799155
Do Bookstore/Amazon sales make up for the lack of floppy sales?

Also, I'm with you. I don't see how Marvel stays in business by only placating a shrill minority.
>>
>>82802435
>I don't see how Marvel stays in business by only placating a shrill minority.
Well they have almost 50% of the market share through Diamond, so clearly they're doing something right.
>>
>>82798404
It's 100% because of Sana Amanat. She's the one hiring literal amateur bloggers. She's the one that's changed Marvel's style to "published webcomics". She's the one who turned Marvel into a sjw propaganda company.
>>
Whos that?
>>
>>82798404

When the movies have stopped coming out, the internet hype for superheroes has died out, and all the fangirls and SJWs go back to not caring about comic books, things will go back to normal.

It'll take time, but it'll happen. They'll no longer have an audience to pander to and all that'll be left is the old guard.
>>
>>82802530

At the risk of people saying /pol pls go, this was to be suspected. They lord ed her being paki and muslin for Kamala and it shows on how Tumblr she is. Her book is mostly just slice of life LiveJournal drama with little to no stakes on her actions overall. Sure everyone will call it a teen drama book like SU so it doesn't need real risk and can coast on feels but it's being lorded as the second coming of Christ at Marvel and their other IPs suffer when they try to force this formula into it.
>>
>>82798404
>Why is Marvel so focused on the tumblr demographic these days?

It must be working if DC decided to copy the " all different" model.
>>
>>82798404
I still remember how Marvel was good when the New Avengers and the first Civil War happened.

Also, what's the reason for the second Civil War? White rich men Vs the Feminism? Captain Marvel isn't even a good female character like the new Ms. Marvel aka Kamala Khan.
>>
>>82806353
>DC decided to copy the " all different" model.

How? Just because they have Batgirl?

Even that book is going places compared with any of the tumblr marvel books.
>>
>>82798404
It's not like they deny how shameless gwenpool is.

There constant look at us we are so progressive when DC is able to be so much more so without acting all superior about it and shoving it in our faces is the real problem.
>>
>>82798538
Five years is half a decade.
That's a long-ass time dude.
>>
>>82806644
we just got smart phones five years ago, think about it
>>
>>82806593
I think anon is talking about rebirth
>>
>>82806541
>I still remember how Marvel was good when the New Avengers killed the Avengers. Well, Disassembled killed the Avengers, but New Avengers was just the final nail in the coffin. Civil War is single-handedly responsible for Marvel fucking itself over to appeal to casuals via the annualized event model.

>what's the reason for the second Civil War?
Guy with power to see the future pops up. Carol wants to use his powers to pre-emptively stop crimes, natural disasters, and alien invasions before they happen. Tony thinks that's unethical and shouldn't be allowed.

So basically Minority Report: Marvel Edition.
>>
>>82806644

Just when it comes to movies, technology has a evolved a LOT since the year 2000.

We went from creepy looking CGI humans on Harry Potter to being able to have dead people on concerts via holograms.
>>
>>82806593
I'm talking about the upcoming diversity through re-imagining.
She-Thor = Super Lois
Amadeus Hulk = Chinese Superman
SpiderMiles = black robin
Superteam that will likely consist of Black, Chinese and Female Superman
Hal benched for the green Lantern duo
>>
What was the last good DC title that also sold well

I'll wait
>>
>>82798404

H-holy shit! A business is trying to make money?

That's what they've always done you fucking idiot. You're just an old busted creep now. Fuck off.
>>
>>82798404
>company likes to make money
What utter bastards
>>
>>82798404
>Why is Marvel so focused on the tumblr demographic these days? They aren't even buying their shitty books!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>82807261
>>82807301
>>82807334
these
>>
>>82798404
Hello.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.