[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are 11 minute episodes a relic of the past?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463204969934.png (163 KB, 358x547) Image search: [Google]
1463204969934.png
163 KB, 358x547
Are 11 minute episodes a relic of the past?
>>
>>82792079

15 minute episodes sounds great, but what would be even better is if they made it however long they wanted.
>>
>>82792079
I think that it would be nice if they could do 22min episodes for the major plot development ones, and leave 11 for the more filler-ish stuff (even if it's not really filler)
>>
Between Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, I feel like SU's 11 minutes served it better than GF's 22 minutes, because SU could explore a lot of little, essential details, while overall people still complain about GF feeling rushed because it didn't have follow through on a lot of stuff such as Pacifica after the Mansion episode, or Wendy in general.
>>
>>82792079
>However, our storyboard artists are responsible for the bulk of the writing in the episodes. If the show were 22 minutes long, we the board artists wouldn't physically be able to finish the work in a reasonable amount of time.
Wow, so they're letting whatever college grads and tumblr artsts "write" the show, despite the fact they can't write, and they're too lazy to actually do a full 22 minute show at that? That shows a lot of stuff wrong with modern cartoons. Also if you have to say "I'm not shitting on X" then you're shitting on it.
>>
>>82794956
SU makes 11 feel like 30, GF makes 22 feel like 10.

I enjoy/ed both series but I think Sugar is way better at working in the episode format.
>>
>>82795523

>cartoonists writing cartoons is bad
>>
>>82792079
Thats a really long way to say "Im lazy".
>>
>>82792079
>CN's leading show is too understaffed to produce 22-minute episodes

bravo

Imho f@m, shows should be 22 minutes and vary between two 11-minute episodelets and single long episodes depending on what they're working with.
>>
>>82795535
>SU makes 11 feel like 30

Thats not good
>>
>>82800105
In terms of managing to tell a complete story it is.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.