[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Let them come I just saw it. I knew virtually nothing about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: bp u c.jpg (12 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
bp u c.jpg
12 KB, 350x233
>Let them come

I just saw it. I knew virtually nothing about BP. I now think he's amazing. I couldn't be more hyped for Wakanda vs The World
>>
>The camera pans to the Great Panther statue.

Fucking hell, why does Black Panther have to come out in 2018? Why can't Captain Marvel get pushed back instead?
>>
>>82769907
That pan was a little silly.
>>
>>82769907
Captain Marvel got pushed back further than Black Panther did, it's coming out in 2019.
>>
>>82769907
Cause we need room for sequels next year, instead
>>
>>82769560

>let them come

What did he mean by this?
>>
>Directed by Ryan Coogler
I can't fucking wait. Creed was outstanding.
>>
I love that /co/ is hyped for this movie while /tv/ is already saying it will flop because it has a mostly black cast.

Given that /tv/ tends to always be wrong I'll go with /co/ on this one. Especially as the majority of reviews and word of mouth seem to say Black Panther is the best part of the movie other than Spidey.

Also on subsequent viewings BP is fucking awesome. Civil War really establishes him as the Batman of the Marvel Universe. Hyped for BP especially with the Creed director.

Also seriously impressed at the acting. Since I know a bunch of Western private school and Ivy League/Redbrick university educated black African dudes, I can usually spot working class black African-American actors trying and failing to portray educated black Africans in movies. But not here. He was perfect down to the South East African accent.
>>
>>82772084
>/tv/ is already saying it will flop because it has a mostly black cast
>MCU movie
>flopping for any reason
/tv/ is retarded. I hate forced diversity and tokenism as much as they do but there is nothing wrong with MCU's black superheros. But then again they're always moaning about "capeshit" killing the film industry.
>>
>>82772084
>/tv/
>Right about ANYTHING
>Especially when it comes to comic movies
>>
File: FinnPhasma-TFA.png (2 MB, 1760x800) Image search: [Google]
FinnPhasma-TFA.png
2 MB, 1760x800
>>82772084
/tv/ is just /pol/ by another name at this point. These are the same asshole who shit on Boyega as Finn before Force Awakens. Now even they've had to begrudgingly admit that he's the heart of the movie and the best new character. Fuck what they have to say about the Panther, it'll do fine.
>>
>>82772084
you should have seen /tv/ when the trailer for Rogue One was released

The asspain was off the charts. Good lord, a Star Wars movie starring a woman! How unrealistic! Mary Sue etc
>>
A few years ago, /co/ was going on and on about how a Black Panther film would suck and nobody wanted it and Nova would be a better film instead
Now I think most of the world is impatient for a Black Panther film.
>>
>>82772678
I mean, Rey was a Mary Sue yeah. So it's not like the precedent isn't there.
>>
>>82772084
>Civil War really establishes him as the Batman of the Marvel Universe
>Batman of the Marvel Universe
You lost me
>>
>>82772713
It's amazing what a good proof of concept can do to change your opinion.
>>
Boy, the week after the death of the previous King must have been weird for everybody back in Wakanda.

Imagine how people would react if Obama was taken out and then Biden disappeared for a week to personally chase down the perpetrators. That's basically what happened with T'Challa.
>>
>>82772084

/tv/ is already getting a massive racist hateboner for this film, I can't wait to see them spaz out when it does well.
>>
>>82772084
Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor acted and directed in Get On Up, which was my favorite movie from 2014. Boseman is one of my favorite actors now and Taylor also directed Creed which was fucking amazing

I'm SO fucking hyped for Black Panther, shit is gonna be so good. It's going to have actual development and actual cinematography and actual pacing
>>
>>82772630
Honestly the racists whining is one of the reasons I'm so psyched about black panther. I wanna see them so mad at how poor white folks is treated in the mcu
>>
Literally just edgy nigger batman with no cape.
>>
>>82773525
I'd pay good money to see that
>>
>>82773525
>Imagine how people would react if Obama was taken out and then Biden disappeared for a week to personally chase down the perpetrators. That's basically what happened with T'Challa.

Everyone in Wakanda knows he's Black Panther. They're probably more wondering why he didn't produce a corpse in vengeance.
>>
>>82773793
Correction
>edgy nigger bat man that's better than bat man in all ways and also a king and hangs out with hot ninja ladies instead if little boys and has superior tech ...and only sometimes wears a cape
>>
>>82773525
Call Hollywood. You may have a billion dollar idea.
>>
>>82773525
Is the King the head of government in Wakanda? I assumed since Black Panther was constantly off superheroing, the King of Wakanda was more like some of our modern monarchies - lots of symbolical powers, only a few official ones.
>>
>>82773793
>edgy
>The only protagonist to realize the vicious cycle of vengeance and stop it at the climax
>>
>>82774003

It would honestly make more sense for him to be, but no, Panther is also head of state.
>>
>>82774017
Yeah black panther is probably decidedly less edgy than most modern incarnations of batman
>>
>>82773263
I like to call it "I don't like it til I see it in a movie"
>>
>>82774068
Great, now I'm thinking of jolly old fat man T'Chaka from the movie running around in a Black Panther costume.
>>
>>82773892
>king of some shitty African country
>better than being a white billionaire in America

Lets be honest. Black Panther probably has aids.
>>
>>82774101
ARE YOU DENSE?
ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING?
>>
>>82772084
Reminder that /tv/ thought Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be a huge flop and are still butthurt about it to this day
>>
>>82774177
His cum is probably loaded with vibranium laced aids curing nanites. But its wakanda so they all wear little fucking lion mane head dresses and kill the aids with tiny spears.

Also panther would beat the piss out of batman and has decidedly more wealth and resources.
>>
>>82774216
Remember when they said Ant Man would flop?
>>
>>82774191
What? He is.
>>
Based Jungle Batman was pretty based.

You got to appreciate how he had an entire character arch in a movie that was filled to burst already.
>>
>>82774485
Implying you wouldn't let panther lovingly ram a clawed finger up your poop chute and pop your p-spot with vibranium loving.
>>
>>82772084
Reminder that /tv/ swore blind that Deadpool would bomb and BvS would make over a billion.
>>
>>82769560
I like how despite him being a scientist and king, he's still just an angry black guy who wants to kill a white one.
>>
>>82772216
And even if your full /pol/ and have a problem with diversity in any form, what the fuck else are you going to fill an african nation with? Mexicans?
>>
>>82772713
Calling bullshit. Not even /co/ is that stupid.
>>
>>82771731
He means Wakanda can take all their pussy asses in a fight so if they wanna bring it then bring it bitches
>>
>>82774289
It made considerably less than Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>82774496

He's making a joke about the idiotic edginess Batman has succumbed to.
>>
I saw a kid goes nuts at Toys R Us tonight because they were selling one of those playset things that let kids dress up as superheroes - it was a Black Panther one.

We live in a weird time. If you told me a few years ago some kid would be losing it over Black Panther toys of all things...
>>
>>82774496
It's an edgy Batman quote, anon
>>
>>82774561
All T'Challa wants is "Bucky with the good hair."
>>
>>82774646
>Kids asking their parent for Black Panther masks
>Young one getting Ant man toys for Christmas
>Kids playing Rocket Raccoon Marvel vs Capcom 3

It's a whole new world...
>>
>>82774610
Consider the two properties dude. It was never gonna make batman superman dollars.
>>
>>82774646
It's because liberal media wants to push Black Lives Matter.
>>
>>82774781
Doesn't matter.

Financially it was a flop.
>>
>>82774858

Still a better movie.
>>
>>82774752
I'm still blown away I live in a world where
>iron man is one of the most popular fictional characters in existence
>I am groot is part of the lexicon
>Robert Redford actually said "hail hydra" and it was totally serious with no wink or tongue in cheek jokiness

Fucking Robert Redford said hail hydra. I can die fulfilled...I need nothing else.
>>
>>82774597
>taco stand run by the polish
>>
>>82774797
/tv/ is that way...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>82774927

Hey, they could do it.

Remember that submarine with the screen door?

And that rocket they sent to the sun? At night?
>>
>>82774858
Yeah you don't know what a flop is
>>
>>82774797
What does any of that have to do with this? People loved the Fresh Prince and the Cosby Show way before BLM. Plus if conservatives controlled that much of the media, would you really think they wouldn't let black actors on screen? They already let black people on Fox News
>>
>>82774485
>Cuck
I don't think anon wants to share with some white bitch
>>
>>82774858
How?
>>
>>82774858

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, /tv/. Go back to your underage foot worshiping hole where you belong.
>>
>>82774610
It COST considerably less than Dawn of Justice. Not even taking into account the advertising budget.
>>
>>82772084
Yeah well, /tv/ is retarded. They have less self awareness than /a/ while being more elitist and pretentious than /mu/ and /lit/ combined and have the sense of humour of /b/ and /s4s/.

I like various boards for their own little quirks but /tv/? Fuck that board.
>>
>>82774177

>shitty
>Wakanda

pick one
>>
>>82773525
What's funny is that Biden actually did chase down purse snatchers in his youth. Maybe he's the White Panther after all.
>>
>>82774858
We live in a world where a Batman vs Superman movie DIDN'T light the box office on fire, and was considered so bad that word of mouth completely killed it's second weekend sales. Not to mention the absolute lack of confidence WB had, with the March release date and simultaneous opening.

Ant-Man didn't break any records, but shit, it made blockbuster money and it's fucking ANT-MAN nigga.

For fucks sake, Captain America has supplanted Superman as the #1 US comicbook superhero in the hearts and minds of kids and normies everywhere. It's fucking bananas! If you told me back in 2008 that this is how it was gonna all shake out, I would've had you committed.

Sometimes I can't believe this is the world we live in either, but you gotta accept it.
>>
>>82777175
Penn is right on that.

Star trek threads are still good though
>>
>>82772216
>>82772441
>>82772630

I am sad I have to agree. Especially with >>82772630.

/tv/ is the new /pol/.

It might be acceptable if they were right about anything, but they are still defending BvS.
>>
Do you guys think T'Challa has a massive package under all that vibranium?
>>
>>82771731
That's how kings say, "I wish a motherfucker would."
>>
>>82777175
Threads that actually discuss film are decent sometimes. It's just the rampant shitposting that makes the board so intolerable. There's literally no janitor presence or something
>>
>>82774173
I think he passed on the BP mantle long before the events of this film.

It looks like King and Black Panther are two independent, but related titles in the MCU
>>
>>82769560
>I just saw it. I knew virtually nothing about BP. I now think he's amazing.

Wow, I guess it's true those movies are for easily impressed retards.
Glad you enjoyed your comicbook commerical, you fucking kid
>>
>>82774597
/pol/ would just rather a blockbuster taking place in an African nation not exist, I guess
>>
>>82769560
I liked how his humour was a play on how quippy the MCU is and then in comes this fucker and he's all
>HEY YOU'RE COOL
>I don't care.
>>
>>82774858

Not really. If anything, BvS was closer to flopping than Ant-Man was, despite making a lot more money. Mostly because Ant-Man cost a fraction to make.

When calculating what has flopped and what hasn't, what you have to take into account are profits.
>>
File: 537ba8e5a36c4.jpg (117 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
537ba8e5a36c4.jpg
117 KB, 940x529
>>82769560
>Let them come

Remember what happened last time you talked shit.
>>
File: BP.jpg (112 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
BP.jpg
112 KB, 1000x400
>>82787280
I doubt this Panther is worried about some freak of the week who got killed in an alternate dimension by Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan.
>>
>>82787325
THAT WAS A DOOMBOT
>>
>>82774610
>ant-man
>batman vs superman featuring wonder woman, lex luthor and doomsday with cameos from the flash, aquaman and cyborg
>>
>>82787463
>Ant-Man
Carried a lot of goodwill from previous Marvel movies and GotG showed that audiences were willing to give quirky movies a chance.

>Dawn of Justice
Superman has been box office poison since the fucking 1980s. His last movie was despised by a lot of people. Wonder Woman is a character nobody gives a fuck about. Cyborg is a literal who. Aquaman is the butt of every normie-joke.

Really the only thing to be suprised at is that a Marvel movie could beat a Batman movie. Though people were very cautious of BatFleck.

Personally i'm waiting to see how Suicide Squad does. You'd expect the Joker, Harley and Will Smith to be able to outgross GotG, Ant-Man and Deadpool. Especially with a Batman cameo. I'd love it if Killer Croc managed to make more money than DC's Trinity.
>>
>>82787579
>You'd expect the Joker, Harley and Will Smith to

I love how Deadshot isn't even Deadshot, he's Will Smith. Which is fine by me, it's been a while since Will played just himself. The last time I can remember him doing that was Hitch.
>>
File: Evans Laugh.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Evans Laugh.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>82787325
>MFW Marvel steals yet another Human Torch from Fox.
>>
>>82788079

I will never tire of watching Chris Evans laugh.
>>
>>82774646
I love this
>>
Is Thunderbolt Ross related to Everett Ross?
>>
>>82772745
I would say she is no more offensive than Luke was in A New Hope.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.