[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were to actually train under Batman for about 5 years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
If you were to actually train under Batman for about 5 years, how much progress would you actually think you would make?
>>
Astonishing progress, you have no idea.
>>
>>82762961
I would pretend i'm on a wheelchair so he will train to to be like oracle so he buys be a rad PC and all that cool stuff and play vidya, and if he needs my help i will say "i no, felicity's dad hacked me i can't help" and then pretend i'm scared for my life, quit, and enjoy my newcomputed while shitposting on /int/
>>
>>82762961
I barely have enough control and discipline to keep up with my normal workouts. A man in a batsuit yelling at me and punching me would not motivate me very much. I'd probably just burst into tears and quit after a week.
>>
>>82763864
What would Bruce do if one of his Robins just up and quit part way through training? How would he deal with the fact that someone he might not be able to trust just knows all his secrets?
>>
>>82763967
Who would honestly believe an orphan boy's claim of a billionaire wasting his time cosplaying as Batman?
>>
>>82763967

All robins wanted to be robins, otherwise he wouldn't have trained them.
>>
>>82762961
What is he training me for?
>>
File: Wink wink.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Wink wink.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
World's second greatest rapist.
>>
>>82764453
Plenty of people want shit, but there's always the possibility that they can't cut it. What if after taking Tim under his wing, it turned out he was lazy as shit and nowhere near as smart as he initially suggested?
>>
>>82763967
Failed Robins quietly disappear. Plenty of Gotham orphans to experiment on.
>>
>>82762961
Enough progress to rape the Joker
>>
>>82764503
i don't think he could even make second, gordon. i mean, he has only raped one person.
>>
>>82762961
I love how you cant just talk about BTAS anymore without Gordon intterupting and derailing the thread with his rape fetish. The fact that the meme is so forced adds to the joke since I can imagine Gordon trying that hard too.
>>
>>82762961
As much progress as Jason Todd did
>>
>>82762961
Are we talking New 52 Batman? The guy who had 10 years and like eight Robins behind him?
>>
>>82764746
at least he's stopped trying to get his ass licked all the time
>>
File: happysquats.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
happysquats.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>>82763403
This. A mentor like Batman would whip me into incredible shape, both physically and mentally, and I might actually make something of my life. I like to imagine he'd be impressed at how fast I learn, but he'd be frustrated at how lazy I am. I spent most of my life coasting on natural talent, and when push came to shove, I stopped learning and started lying, cheating, and stealing to get by instead of working hard.

Man, I could really use a mentor like him.

also something something rape the jokeman whatever
>>
I'd probably make some really good progress.
It's been forever since I've worked out, but I get results easier and faster than most people I guess just because of genetics.
I'm also pretty smart, so I'd probably do pretty well at the mental stuff as well.
However, I think at some point I would quit anyway, because putting on a costume and fighting criminals is fucking crazy.
>>
>>82762961
>Implying I won't be dead in under 2 years working under him
>>
>>82765388
Steph pls
>>
Well, I've been practicing Judo since I was seven and it wouldn't hurt to learn Ninjutsu. Although I think it's mostly smoke and mirrors bullshit.

I'd be more interested in his technology than anything.
>>
>>82765441
Also Jason and Damian, but they both got resurrected so it's all good
>>
File: 1455588197795.png (600 KB, 714x726) Image search: [Google]
1455588197795.png
600 KB, 714x726
>>82765477
>Well, I've been practicing Judo since I was seven and it wouldn't hurt to learn Ninjutsu. Although I think it's mostly smoke and mirrors bullshit
>>
>>82765517

Was there a joke behind this or are you just being facetious?
>>
>>82765551
Not that anon but batman knows more then just ninja shit.
>>
>>82765728

Well that's sort of the point.

I mean, everyone is mentioning his athletic or martial art ability and I've been there. What I was saying is that I'd be more interested in everything else. From his genius to his ability to use high-tech.

The old "well I don't work out very much" thing immediately stuck out to me.
>>
>>82765900

To add- why the fuck does everyone think batman would just be their personal trainer?

What in the fuck.
>>
>>82765551
>facetious

You know, for a good while I thought this word was associated with face sitting in some way.
>>
>>82766243
I used to think it involved feces and was a fancy way of implying someone was full of shit.
>>
>>82766391
I used to think espionage had to do with lesbianism.
>>
>>82762961
If you weren't making great progress he wouldn't have you under his wing for 5 yrs. He already has a super serious rep but with training even more so. If you were a Digimon you would go from in training I to ultimate at the very least.
>>
>>82764553
In Gordon's mind that same person has been raped several times and across all dimensions. One person raped yes but raped into an art form.
>>
File: Ra's_Al_Ghul_(Batman)2.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ra's_Al_Ghul_(Batman)2.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
DESU
i rather be trained under by Ra Al Ghul.
look how Damian turned out
>>
>>82766787

That's the thing, he doesn't want or need anyone who isn't useful for fighting crime. He barely ever takes on people unless he sees something in them that's important to his own philosophy.

Some fat guy who wants somebody to tell them to do more sit-ups doesn't fit into that category.
>>
>>82767019

A raging psychopath that was only tempered by his father?

Yeah, totally great.
>>
>>82762961
I have a decent mental and physical base, so quite a bit I'd say.
>>
>>82762961

If you have a mental illness, or brain and bones are poor from malnourishment and lack of exercise... not something you can recover from.

And seeing most people here are NEETS, they suffer from some of these.

Progress made under Batman might not be as great.
>>
>>82762961
Would probably learn several martial arts and a shitload of being a detective. I think 5 years is complete overkill though, since fucking special forces soldiers get trained in like a year or so.
>>
>>82767405

Well, even I think I wouldn't survive. I have very little acrobatic or gymnastic skill. I'm stuck to the ground for the most part.

It's very unrealistic to be a student of Batman. He's basically superhuman in what he does. Even athletic or capable people would get washed out pretty quickly.

That's why people love batman. He's human, but somehow not.
>>
>>82767137
when batman puts down his enemies, they get back up.

when ra al ghul puts down his enemies, THEY STAY DOWN!
>>
>>82766487
I laughed at this and I don't know why
>>
File: BTAS_Gordon.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BTAS_Gordon.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
If I were to be raped by Batman for 5 years? My god...
>>
File: 1346799995854.gif (498 KB, 179x246) Image search: [Google]
1346799995854.gif
498 KB, 179x246
>>82767447
>special forces soldiers get trained in like a year or so.
>>
>>82763403
>>82764911
>>82765146
begin training yourself, he doesn't exist.
>>
I would die.
>>
>>82768853
Yeah, SEAL training lasts a little over a year but not anywhere close to 2-3 years. Of course, Batman may teach you different things, like how to best slide down a pole to the Batcave, but I believe Batman training would be relatively close to special forces training but with less guns.
>>
File: pic028-029.jpg (917 KB, 2589x2000) Image search: [Google]
pic028-029.jpg
917 KB, 2589x2000
There was actually a comic where Batman took a de-powered Kent through his training process. It's pretty tame considering he's the goddamn Batman.
>>
>>82769984
>Dick interested in the two guys being romantically involved
>>
File: opm.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
depends on whether or not you use air conditioning
>>
>>82769984
>Dick wanting to look at the gay guys
>Bruce using a crop on a half naked Clark
>going by the art this seems to be the issue where Dick came in his pants over meeting Superman

Wow this is pretty gay
>>
>>82762961
One broken arm and two shattered ribs.
>>
>>82767950

Then why hasn't Ra's put down Batman?
>>
>>82764911

At least this guy >>82763864
is being honest with himself

Laziness isnt your problem, everyone's lazy. Your problem is that you are delusional and afraid. You are afraid to look in the mirror and find where your limits are. Fear prevents you from getting up and trying again (or even trying the first time). The irony is you run from the very thing that will make you stronger.

How many pushups can you do? Probably not a lot, right? Even if you can only do three, does that matter? No, what matters is that tomorrow you try again for four. And even if it takes three months, you'll get to four. Why? Because you're human and that's how we're built. Humans have an amazing ability to adapt and overcome but the funny thing is that it can only be triggered when you reach your limit and apply yourself. All people are born with all sorts of weakness. The important part is finding those weaknesses and seeing if you want to do something about it, not sitting around being a special snowflake full of potential who's afraid to stumble.

We are cumulative creatures, when you see a PhD, they didnt just pop out of the womb with that degree. Just like every other successful person, they are a series of smaller experiences that have accumulated to overcome particular obstacles. Anyone can run a race, the one's who are ahead arent any different except they trained for it.
>>
>>82772916
cuz he see batman as an equal and see him as the type to rule the League of Shadows after he dies.
>>
>>82769984
What issue?
>>
>>82769184
it's over two and a half years - there's 18 months of predeployment training in the field after the initial year that winnows out the ones who can't do it

you also have to pass basic training for the Navy, because only those in the USN are eligible, so that's another 7 weeks minimum and unless you were shit hot in the recruiting office, probably a good while to prove yourself as a rating so that your application to become a SEAL has some basis on paper and doesn't get filed in 13

all in - you're not going to do it in under 3 years
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.