[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched Avatar, lhe last airbender for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 42
File: Azula_1.png (885 KB, 1070x793) Image search: [Google]
Azula_1.png
885 KB, 1070x793
So I just watched Avatar, lhe last airbender for the first time in my life, and the show was pretty good.

But am I the only one that really hate what they did with azula? Imo the best character in the show, and i realize how the bad guys "have to" lose, but watching that last scene with her was pretty bad.
>>
>>82745057
>unstable psycho snaps like a twig

to be fair its probably the most well handled part of the finale
>>
>>82745057
It didn't come out of no where. She'd been losing her shit for most of the season.
>>
>>82745057
If she didn't self-destruct then, than she would've later.
>>
File: 1427659132973.gif (1018 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1427659132973.gif
1018 KB, 500x500
>>82745057
I think it was okay for her to lose her shit, considering she lost everything else. The only thing she still had was her home and her status. Not even one friend.

She is not even 14. It's too much for a kid.
>>
>>82745057
Azula's a psychopath what happened to her was gonna happen anyway.
>>
File: 1436800511471.png (413 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1436800511471.png
413 KB, 720x480
>>82745374
Stop bullying her. Look at this pic and tell me she is a psychopath again. I dare you.
>>
>>82745057
She was always an unhinged child that attention deprived. It's almost sad that there wasn't much redemption for her.

Unless something happened in the comics. I personally haven't read it, but from the few pages I've seen posted around, it looks like garbage
>>
>>82745433
She is a psychopath.
>>
>>82745433
Yes anon thats exactly how they control you like a puppet let their faces give you a false sense of security, there is no human inside that head just a vile beast ready to destroy anything to make it happy.
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175 KB, 430x443) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175 KB, 430x443
>>82745466
....you closed your eyes. It doesn't count.
>>
File: 1443162014875.gif (813 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1443162014875.gif
813 KB, 250x188
>>82745485
Would a beast cry in need of a hug?
>>
>>82745433
she's a psycho
also your impersonation is terrible
>>
>>82745057
She's supposed to have daddy-issues up the ass, almost to the point where she's got an elektra complex and she replaced her mom as the woman in her Ozai's life, but it didn't come across that way.

Chalk it up to Bryke being incompetent
>>
>>82745530
Crocodile tears faggot, psychos can cry at will.
>>
>>82745542
>she's a psycho
No. She is just manipulated by her awful parents. She is a literal child soldier.
>>
Did Scrapped escape his permaban?
>>
>>82745553
Shes hasno daddy issues shes an unhinged psychopath that wants nothing but power, she would have probably eventually try to murder Ozai if he didnt forked over the crown honestly.
>>
File: 1443136987466.jpg (46 KB, 479x608) Image search: [Google]
1443136987466.jpg
46 KB, 479x608
>>82745555
She doesn't cry for attention. She cries because she can't control her emotions. Look at the end of The search, when she decided to run away instead of killing her mother.
>>
>>82745057
Azula is a psychopath, but things really started going downhill when the few people she trusted left her.
She learned to trust Zuko and he left her
Mai betrayed her
Ty Lee betrayed her
Ozai became the Phoenix King
Also, she's 14, she's going to get emotional.
>>
>>82745580
just a bad impersonator
>>
>>82745580
he was perma-banned? for what?
>>
>>82745616
>Azula is a psychopath
>literally didn't kill anyone in the entire show
>>
>>82745672
0/10
there was an attempt
>>
>>82745706
only one person, on the battlefield, and with strict orders from the firelord. Killing people on the battlefield doesn't make you a psychopath, and there is no way to deny an order from the firelord.
>>
File: Ready_to_party.png (463 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Ready_to_party.png
463 KB, 720x480
>>82745573
Her parents had nothing to do with it.
She's power-hungry and manipulates people through intimidation. She doesn't know how to form normal relationships with people.
>>
>>82745672
I'll bite
You don't have to kill someone to be a psychopath
>>
>>82745672
>onscreen
>>
>>82745868
he's trying to impersonate a well known tripfag
dont bother
>>
File: prepare-your-anus.jpg (119 KB, 453x504) Image search: [Google]
prepare-your-anus.jpg
119 KB, 453x504
>>82745803
>She's power-hungry and manipulates people through intimidation
she didn't come with that from birth. She learned because they taught her that way, that she had to do everything to win. The firelord does not accept failure. That's why Zuko was so afraid of him finding out Aang was alive. She doesn't know how to form a normal relationship with people because she was never allowed to. She only had teachers and followers that she thought were her friends.

You can't possibly think a 13 years old will have the strength of character to even go against her father.
>>
>>82745868
yeah, because all it takes is a biased and subjective analysis of a character with complex and fucked up relationships in her life.
>>
>>82745616
>Azula is a psychopath, but things really started going downhill when the few people she trusted left her.

Or rather, the people she trusted to never disobey her. Ty Lee made it clear from the get go that she would have rather stayed with the circus rather than help her hunt down the Avatar. She had to use threats to get her in line.

Mai just went along with her, and when she did finally betray, she flat out said it was because she loved Zuko more than she FEARED Azula, which seems to suggest that she wasn't going along with Azula because she legitimately cared about her as a friend. She didn't feel at all emotionally conflicted about turning on her.

The only person that she seemed to legitimately get along with due to mutual affection was her dad, who was a psychopath himself that repeatedly showed that he valued his children only when they remained strong/useful.

Part of her mental breakdown involved her imagining her mom saying that she legitimately cared for her. Unconditionally. Not because she was afraid of her, or needed her, or respected her competence.

Azula started crumbling when everything she thought she had control over (by being a ruthless manipulator and warrior) started slipping away from her.
>>
>>82745057
The whole "falling into depravity as a nutcase" was so out of character.

When I marathoned Avatar, it give me the impression that Azula was simply a former brat(due to her rich heritage) that had her blossom into manipulator.

The final part and the parts leading up to it was just so cringe-worthy and it was just to make Azula seem more "final-bossy" for Zuko and Katara.
>>
File: judge_Azula.gif (469 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
judge_Azula.gif
469 KB, 500x375
>>82745894
>headcanon
>>
File: 1458365891502.gif (498 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1458365891502.gif
498 KB, 500x223
>>82746059
that's because she normally acts more mature and we kind of forget that she is actually a kid in the middle of war and all the political drama that left her completely alone.
>>
File: 1450326546535.png (414 KB, 437x514) Image search: [Google]
1450326546535.png
414 KB, 437x514
just posting best ship.
>>
Azula was showing signs since her first appearance that there was something "wrong" with her. How she basically forced Ty Lee to join her is a really big red flag, but everyone always ignores it for some reason.
>>
File: azulanow.png (222 KB, 550x250) Image search: [Google]
azulanow.png
222 KB, 550x250
>>82746195
That's the thing. They didn't characterize her having a childish attitude that she should've been known for. Instead, they just was like "all fuck it, she's a psycho".

And the fact they make Ursa and Iroh like perfect Saints who can do no wrong in the series despite never giving Azula a feasible chance only further worsen the exposition to this subpar writing.
>>
>>82746395

She was a psycho from the beginning. She flipped out because a strand of her hair was out of place and threatened to kill an officer for pointing out the dangers of trying to navigate a particularly dangerous stretch of water.

She threw rocks at baby ducks, was happy when her father maimed her older brother, and teased him about the fact that dad was going to kill him.

Azula was always fucked up.
>>
>>82746395
Azula gets a chance in the comics and she blows it. She's not ready for it yet. Her story is either going to end with her dead or being redeemed, and since it's ATLA, she'll probably be redeemed. The problem is the conflict between her, Zuko and the FNRF is the most popular storyline to come out of the comics, so they're dragging it out.

She doesn't get one in the show because she's not a main protagonist and it's not about her, it's about them.
>>
File: 1436491592409.png (2 MB, 1182x1727) Image search: [Google]
1436491592409.png
2 MB, 1182x1727
>>82746395
>the fact they make Ursa and Iroh like perfect Saints
>Ursa
>literally abandoned her daughter and forgot about her
shit mother.
>>
>>82746624
I think they're saying that canon doesn't make Ursa look like a bad person for what she did. Azula even breaks down crying and runs away when she apologizes.
>>
>>82746624
Jesus fucking christ, how is anyone expected to read that shit? The orange and red text bleeds right into the image.
>>
>>82746481
>gets a chance
"i will not treat you as bad as i have been" is hardly a chance. Also, she was halucinating so i doubt it counts.

And Smoke and shadow is so inconsistent with her that it's best not to consider it.
>>
>>82746692
I think that's the point of the text, to get close enough to read it. At least, that's how I interpreted.

Either that or whoever made that is lazy as fuck.
>>
File: 39b.png (842 KB, 499x893) Image search: [Google]
39b.png
842 KB, 499x893
>>82746692
Don't. It's so sad..
>>
>>82745057
it was a bit hard to swallow that Azusa lost to katara during the day of the comet, then again katara did only manage to win with a sneak attack when Azusa was careless, which is quite easy to imagine.
>>
>>82745967
>You can't possibly think a 13 years old will have the strength of character to even go against her father.
Psychopaths can act like jerks to anyone even fucking babies they have no morals at all.
>>
>>82745580
>Scrapped
Who?
>>
>>82745967
She was 14
And apparently she went to an elitist Fire Nation school before getting tutored by Lo and Li.
>>
>>82746903
>Psychopaths can act like jerks to anyone even fucking babies they have no morals at all.
the point is that she is NOT a psychopath. She didn't kill, or intended to kill anyone outside of the battlefield. She is just as manipulated as the people she manipulates. Also, psychopath or not, this is not just 'acting like a jerk'. It's disrespecting the fucking firelord. She can measure her own actions.
>>
>>82747024
14 by the end, no?
>>
>>82747025
>She didn't kill, or intended to kill anyone outside of the battlefield
That probably has more to do with the show's ratings than anything.
>>
>>82747048
Pretty sure she was 14 in Book 2.
>>
>>82747025
Listen retardo a psychopath is a human being that shows calllous emotions, grandiose sense of self worth, no empathy towards others, impulsive behavior, pathological lying, lack of accountability, manipulative behavior not HURR HES GOT THE KNIFE AND GONNA STABS YOU.
>>
>>82746059
>>82746195
>>82746059
>her blossom into manipulator.
By blossom, you mean "plot bends towards Azula's will".

A lot of her plans are pretty dumb in hindsight and it's a wonder they came together as well as they did.
>>
Guys, do we really want to spend hours arguing with one guy on whether Azula was a psychopath or not?
>>
>>82746903
Going by that logic, most famous rich females and bitchy reality TV stars are psychopaths.

Azula was never given the need to form relations with other society members since she was sheltered 90% of her short life of 14 years.
>>
>>82747085
'Cause the Gaang were a group of dumb kids who weren't basically raised to be war machines.

That said years later looking back at it, her talking down Lon Feng was pretty dumb.
>>
>>82747025
>She didn't kill, or intended to kill anyone outside of the battlefield

Except for that Fire Nation officer in her first appearance. And when she pressured the owner of the Fire Nation circus to put Ty Lee into increasingly life threatening acts until Ty Lee finally relented in helping her hunt down the Avatar.

And she was the most ruthless character on the battlefield. She actually killed Aang.

And she responded with happiness at the sight of her brother being disfigured and upon learning he was going to be killed by their father.
>>
>>82747160
>Going by that logic, most famous rich females and bitchy reality TV stars are psychopaths.
Yes anon you figured out most successful people are psychopaths want a fucking cookie?

Socializing is human instinct anon, Azula knows how to socialize but she cant fathom emotional bonds because shes a psychopath she only understands logic and thus thinks fear is necessary to make relationships she cant contemplate the concept of love in any form.
>>
>>82747146
Worst, its probably Scrapper.

If it is really him, I know at least one way to make him go away.
>>
>>82747160
Well, yeah. So are most rich and famous men. Psychopaths can excel and succeed because they don't have the ability to feel remorse or to empathize with people.
>>
>>82747160
>Going by that logic, most famous rich females and bitchy reality TV stars are psychopaths.

A lot of them are. Most psychopaths aren't actual murderers, you know.
>>
>>82747146
Azula threads are always either about whether or not shes a psychopath or explaining to people how she did technically lose the Agni Kai due to her own shortcomings and that no, Katara was not randomly standing between her and Zuko.
>>
File: Azuva.png (116 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Azuva.png
116 KB, 333x250
>>82747085
How so? I don't remember everything Azula had done, but I remember her plans being consistent throughout the story. I only remember her most famous moment of her being the closest to come to killing Aang(even in Avatar state too, to break the cycle).

The only dumb thing she said was burning Ba Sing Se down without giving thought of it's economical uses, which pretty much displays her immaturity meaning the plot doesn't really revolve around her.

>>82747233
I never implied she was.

>tfw people in this thread are accusing me of samefagging with this guy >>82747025 and some tripfag named Scrapper
>>
>>82747563
>I never implied she was.

Then I'm not sure why you would think it some kind of surprise or logical absurdity that lots of reality TV stars are psychopaths.
>>
File: FanArt-azula-31456863-498-750.jpg (166 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
FanArt-azula-31456863-498-750.jpg
166 KB, 498x750
>>82745057

Well, a lot of things.

I loved Azula as a character.

But she was also a horrible person.

But on the other other hand, she was a very mentally ill child. So yes, I do feel sorry for her, feel pity for her. She still had to go down because she was so dangerous.

Overall, a very well-done villain arc, one of the best in recent memory, I think. I remember it spurred a lot of engagement, discussion, and emotions for every side while it was happening, which is what a good story should do. She was one of the better bad guys for a long while, especially in cartoons.
>>
>>82747673
The point I was neither Azula or the categories I listed are psychopaths. People act different from the level of political power they carry.

As someone else mention already, she was raised to be a Commander and this quantifiable control she had over the Fire Nation only amplified her manipulative personality. And the wrapping around the fact she's a fucking child only causes her to be erratic like most left-brain thinkers would.

Before the bullshit that went down in the comics, she didn't carry traits that made her innately a psychopath.
>>
>>82747930
>daddy will kill you daddy will kill you, haha
>>
>>82747085
Speaking of our infamous pedophile, I haven't seen him on /co/ for a while. Did the cops get him already?
>>
>>82747930
>As someone else mention already, she was raised to be a Commander and this quantifiable control she had over the Fire Nation only amplified her manipulative personality.

But we see lots of Fire Nation people and they're not all like Azula, Ozai, and Ozai's father. Even Sozin wasn't as bad as Ozai and Azula. They're cruel, manipulative, and remorseless even by most Fire Nation standards.
>>
I think you could write an interesting redemption story for her, if just depends. She was kind of love-starved. The comics sort of seem like bullshit from what I've seen but I haven't read them.
>>
>>82748271
The comics are like a 6/10 because Yang doesn't know how to write what are frankly some pretty complex plots, and like it's been said, Zuko and has family have emerged as the stars of the series so they have to keep coming up with reasons to keep shifting the focus back to them.

>oh Zuko is having trouble being a good Fire Lord
>well that isn't resolved but he's starting to learn
>actually now he needs to find Ursa and fix things with Azula
>hey we found Ursa but now Azula's run off
>things in the Fire Nation are looking shaky, at least Azula's come back so we can- nope she's gone again
>>
>>82747930
There is never any moment she shows any sign of empathizing wit others shes a psychopath like her dad.
>>
Truth be told we could argue that Zuko pre good guy was every bit as crazy as Azula maybe more so. Kid had a huge inferiority complex, only matched by the chip on his shoulder. Extremely sharp and harsh mood swings. Would lash out physically at the drop of a hat. And all because of his father complex. Though he, unlike Azula, had his mother and uncle who loved him and saw the good in him. And just like Zuko we can attribute Azula's behavior directly to her father. Constantly under pressure to be the best or be burnt like her brother. But unlike him she had no safety net. If she falls that's it. And that's an insane amount weight to bare as a child. Was Azula crazy? Yes, but by definition she does not exhibit enough traits to be labeled a psychopath. She was a schizophrenic when it was all said done though.
>>
>>82748610
Well there's Ty Lee. From what we know Azula could do the one thing that nobody even her parents couldn't. She could always pick her out of her identical sisters. It's something apparently means slot to Ty Lee. Maybe not understanding but it a certain bond that they share. Azula obviously held Ty Lee close to her heart. She was pissed when Mei turned her and halfway expected it but I feel it was Ty Lee's betrayal that broke her. This is something a psychopath cannot exhibit.
>>
>>82748662
>Truth be told we could argue that Zuko pre good guy was every bit as crazy as Azula maybe more so. Kid had a huge inferiority complex, only matched by the chip on his shoulder. Extremely sharp and harsh mood swings. Would lash out physically at the drop of a hat. And all because of his father complex. Though he, unlike Azula, had his mother and uncle who loved him and saw the good in him. And just like Zuko we can attribute Azula's behavior directly to her father. Constantly under pressure to be the best or be burnt like her brother. But unlike him she had no safety net. If she falls that's it. And that's an insane amount weight to bare as a child. Was Azula crazy? Yes, but by definition she does not exhibit enough traits to be labeled a psychopath. She was a schizophrenic when it was all said done though.

Azula had the same loving mother and uncle Zuko did.

We saw them being raised together, and where Zuko was trying to feed and pet animals, she was throwing rocks at them.

When Zuko got a present from Uncle Iroh, he showed appreciation. Azula showed utter disdain for her gift and burned it.

When Zuko found himself in Agni Kai with his father following a compassionate outburst, he refused to fight and begged for forgiveness. Azula smiled with pleasure as her father permanently disfigured her brother.

When their grandpa died, Zuko was forlorn. Azula was happy.

When Azula found out that her father was about to KILL her brother, she teased him about it.

My brother and I got into it a lot too, but I didn't burn my uncle's gifts, call my grandpa weak for getting killed, or laugh at the idea of my dad maiming/killing my brother.
>>
>>82748803
>She could always pick her out of her identical sisters. It's something apparently means slot to Ty Lee. Maybe not understanding but it a certain bond that they share. Azula obviously held Ty Lee close to her heart. She was pissed when Mei turned her and halfway expected it but I feel it was Ty Lee's betrayal that broke her. This is something a psychopath cannot exhibit.

She had to force Ty Lee to join her by threatening to make her life a living hell if she didn't. If Ty Lee were her friend and shared her views on the topic, she wouldn't have needed to be threatened.

Ty Lee wasn't torn up for turning on her "friend" Azula. Ty Lee just finally got fed up with doing things she knew weren't in her nature, but did because Azula was threatening/bullying her.

Azula broke down because she was losing control over people she thought she had firmly under her thumb. The same way the abuser in a relationship will go bonkers when the person they've been shitting on finally stands up, says, "No more", and dumps their ass.
>>
>>82747200
>Except for that Fire Nation officer in her first appearance
she just threatened

>when she pressured the owner of the Fire Nation circus to put Ty Lee into increasingly life threatening acts
she knew Ty lee would not fall.

>She actually killed Aang.
no, she didn't.

>she responded with happiness at the sight of her brother being disfigured
that's an exageration.
>>
>>82748841
Iron and her mother actually played extremely small roles in her upbringing. The episode you're getting all these facts from(noticed I didn't quote facts to because all this shit really did happen)shows little interaction between Azula and Ursa or Azula and Iroh. All through out that episode it's Ursa comforting Zuko and scolding(rightfully so)Azula. And in the episode Fire Island Azula shows weakness and refers to herself as a monster. Not because she saw herself but her mother did. And that kind of fucks with you. Now I'm gonna try to address some points you brought up. The burning of the doll and chucking rocks at ducks. Kids are assholes. I helped run a daycare for a while and I had kids break toys I would give them because that's not the one the wanted. They also would hurl rocks at the neighbors dog because it was fucking there. Does that inherently make them evil. No. Kids are just little shits. Now I will give you the Agni Kai and grandpa thing. That's fucked up. I mean my sisters laughed at me while I got my ass whooped but that's not chucking fire at each other. Now let me try and make this as perfectly clear as possible I'm not trying to excuse Azula at all but I am saying she like Zuko is the product of a fucked up family.
>>
>>82745057
They should have removed one of the useless aesop episodes and make one azula centric one after she jails her friends.

In that you could properly show the strain she is going through. Imagine an episode where a bored azula tries to find new friends, but fails because everyone fears her&she can't trust nobody. And her father gives her the crown when she feels most vulnerable and angry after this episode.
>>
>>82746395
Funny part about that comic is that it made Azula correct that her Ursa hallucination was wrong.
>>
>>82750013
Yeah Ursa was indeed piece of shit.
>>
>>82749686
That honestly just feels like another beach episode
but more boring because there's less exposition
>>
Such a young kid shouldn't be placed in the position she was, though she could have handled it better. Though the thing is as horrible as the other kids had it, they did all have adults who loved them. I think it's very hard for a child to grow up well adjusted if nobody loves them.
>>
>>82750142
Well one way or the other we could have used one less shitty filler episode in Book 3.

Maybe they could have given us another Toph episode, something to help us pretend that Bryke didn't hate her and had no idea what to do with her?

Fucking Christ I don't like Book 3. It's eerie how much Bryke are like Lucas. Book 3 is their Return of the Jedi. It has flashes of brilliance but compared to the first two books it just doesn't measure up.
>>
>>82745803

i don't remember azula being that busty.
>>
File: Azula17.gif (662 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
Azula17.gif
662 KB, 220x331
>>82750359
Normally she's wearing armor.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x200
>>82746236

>that scene where sokka and aang are fighting azula and she jumps into the air
>she and sokka are face to face moving in slow motion

wew

that scene was weird and i thought they were doing a surprise ship
>>
>>82750743
Definitely shipped that for a hot second
>>
>>82745193
>Most of the season
>Completely stable for two-thirds of that season

Not saying she wouldn't have lost it when Mai and Ty Lee turned on her, but like most things in Book 3 it was rushed as hell and unsatisfying. I especially hate the way it felt like the writers were actively gimping her rather than having Zuko organically overcoming her, he learns a whole new Firebending form and becomes a better person and the only way he stands a chance against her is if she's completely fucking nuts. It neuters his accomplishments. Not to mention having Katara lock her up in chains because they needed something for to do in the finale, because again, rushed as hell and unsatisfying.
>>
File: azulaislove.webm (3 MB, 1025x1025) Image search: [Google]
azulaislove.webm
3 MB, 1025x1025
hngg
>>
>>82750513
I'm pretty sure they were all a lot bigger in that episode than they normally were.
>>
File: 1408160898232.gif (3 MB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
1408160898232.gif
3 MB, 425x239
i'm convinced that there is only one person on /co/ that thinks azula wasnt always crazy and then really started to lose her shit for a whole season

there just isnt any way

or why you dipshits keep arguing with these idiots
>>
File: Azula128.webm (621 KB, 1010x740) Image search: [Google]
Azula128.webm
621 KB, 1010x740
>>82753607
I was certainly a lot bigger during that episode, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>82750359
She's wearing the equivalent of a push-up bra, she noticed all the attention Ty Lee was getting at the beach.
>>
>>82745645
Fucking great, but I haven't heard of this. Anyone have the story?
>>
>>82750743
Sokka is a fucking pimp.
>>
>>82753576
>>82753607
>>82753863

There is literally nothing that /co/ will not make weird
>>
File: Azula40.png (506 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Azula40.png
506 KB, 720x480
>>82753893
I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>82745580
>perma banned

How fucking stupid, all you need to ban evade is to change your IP.
>>
>>82746823
How is that sad? That's the stuff me and my brothers yell at each other on a regular basis
>>
File: 1449375792730.png (225 KB, 503x810) Image search: [Google]
1449375792730.png
225 KB, 503x810
I want to see adult Azula
>>
>>82753908
Just be happy he's gone.
>>
File: Azula97.jpg (255 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Azula97.jpg
255 KB, 600x900
>>82753919
Maybe the Avatar comics will do a timeskip in a few years.
>>
>>82753945
3 years have already passed in the comics, she's like 17 now.
>>
>>82748132
>Even Sozin wasn't as bad as Ozai and Azula.

Yeah No.

He betrayed Avatar Roku to start the entire Fire Nation taking over the world campaign.
>>
File: azula on top of sokka.png (440 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
azula on top of sokka.png
440 KB, 960x720
>>82750743
pic is so small
>>
File: 129996469161.png (107 KB, 907x801) Image search: [Google]
129996469161.png
107 KB, 907x801
Azula wasn't a psychopath.
What she was is someone who grew up in a culture that exalted strength, ruthlessness and control with her only source of love and approval coming with a massive proviso that she must never be weak and must do better than everyone else.

What's the easiest way for a child to appear strong?
Its to make others look weak and distract from their own weaknesses by making those of others more blatant, to dominate and the best way to do better than everyone else is to step on their fingers as they climb.

Zuko was proof of what their father would do to someone who didn't impress him and in Azulas mind, he deserved it for disappointing him. In fact the only contrast Azula had with her father was the relationship between Zuko and Ursula, which was almost unconditional (To a degree) and much healthier.
So, that's why she saw herself as a monster, since on some level she knew this wasn't normal.

But yeah, if she were a true psychopath she wouldn't care about those she used betraying her or spare them by letting them live, she'd have made an example of them and earned her fathers respect even more by doing so. She had genuine, if twisted feelings for her friends.
>>
>>82754040
Sozin just wanted advance the Fire Nation by making it a global empire he as just trying to help his country, but Ozai what he was gonna do was pure megalomania.
>>
>>82754077
>>82754040
You guys are forgetting about Azulon.
>>
>>82754058
pic needs the straight jacket
>>
>>82747563
>being the closest to come to killing Aang

She did actually kill him.
>>
>>82754058
This is how real psychopaths get lighter prison sentences by making you think some childhood trauma made them the way they are instead of just telling you they are screwed up monsters but that would imply psychos like telling the truth. You are a gullible sap I wouldnt be surprised if there is a psychopath controlling you right now you arent aware of it.
>>
>>82754096
Did he even do anything worth mentioning?
>>
>>82754158
He continued the War and tried to have Ozai kill Zuko.
>>
>>82754180
>He continued the War

Well, duh

>tried to have Ozai kill Zuko.

Oh, right. That.
>>
>>82754180
Speaking of that war there is no way the other nations would let that slip, they would ally together in times of peace to fuck the fire nation's shit up good.
>>
>>82753466
>he learns a whole new Firebending form and becomes a better person

Yea he leads to embrace others, it's how he wins and she loses
>>
File: 1396639981879.jpg (301 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1396639981879.jpg
301 KB, 1383x1600
>http://www.vocaltwit.com/6056
>>
File: 1367183349052.gif (999 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
1367183349052.gif
999 KB, 500x583
>>82754147
Nigger, we saw her breaking down when there was no benefit to doing so.
Did it benefit her in any way to kick flip and do an ollie off the sane train because Daddy proclaimed himself Phoenix King?
Or to leave two old friends of hers who may have been the only people that could have been close enough to know about some weakness of hers live?
Remove the scenes where she gets all hung up about the betrayal, drove away any and all allies out of paranoia and most importantly in my opinion
>Even my own mother thought I was a monster
And yeah, I'd agree with you to an extent, but none of those things benefited her, particularly the last one.
Since it showed her weakness to her two most useful tools and the only competition she had for the throne, not a fake weakness to bait them in, but an actual weakness that could be exploited and used to manipulate her in turn.
>>
>>82754247
>Nigger, we saw her breaking down when there was no benefit to doing so.
Yes anon every psycho can have mental breakdowns.
>Did it benefit her in any way to kick flip and do an ollie off the sane train because Daddy proclaimed himself Phoenix King?
Mental breakdown
>Or to leave two old friends of hers who may have been the only people that could have been close enough to know about some weakness of hers live?
She was gonna torture them had they not escaped she never cared about them she just used them.
>>
File: 19.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2700) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2700
>>82754024
Definitely older.
>>
File: 1458422209328.jpg (42 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1458422209328.jpg
42 KB, 300x345
>>82745138
>probably the most well handled part of the finale
Haha what?
Whatever you think of their critique style elsewhere this scene reminds me of a point Cinemasin's brought up in Golden Eye. How do people native to an area forget or don't know the layout of their own location? It doesn't only make zero sense, it intentionally goes against logic and asks the viewer to swallow it and just move on.

Fuck that.
Azula has lived and trained her life there, how and why does she not notice and avoid water nearby when in front of a waterbender she knows?

Katara is clever and talented, sure, but not remotely on Azula's level. It's like if during Luke and Vader's battle Leia just shoots Vader for carboniting Han earlier and because he's "psychologically conflicted" at the time he doesn't just dodge or deflect.

Cool empowering gf revenge scene bro, but WAT?

Azula and Vader are torn during their battles, Vader even slips up against an enraged Luke but at no point does a side character show up and kick him around. Hell, Anakin later overwhelms the Emperor because he's still fucking Darth Vader at the end of the day. Super Azula just lies down. Kasdan and Lucas knew better years ago, you can't be doing with this now.

They probably just realized Super Aang and Zuko vs Super Firelord and Azula perfectly highlighted the progress of all 4 but Katara, who has no buffs in this fight, needed something so her "development" wouldn't just boil down to nothing in comparison. Except it comes off as absurd as a magic tear putting out the flames of hell.

Even if worn out from fighting Super Zuko, base Azula is still well outside Katara's class.
This was just the
>[Pokémon] hurt itself in its confusion and feinted
of Avatar. It just leaves you baffled as to the logic of what happened, not impressed by the wit of the victor.

If they said Ty Lee permanently chi blocked one side of Azula or something, anything, I could buy her being at a disadvantage.
>>
>>82754044

>Sokka trying to fight the enemy
>she gets right in his face
>he feels conflicted because she's fucking hot
>she notices he's actually good looking enough to cause the moon and Suki to fall for him

Still seems like a giant opportunity was wasted when we could had a conceited royal fire bitch being tamed by pleb water cock.
>>
>>82755080
That is what fanfics are for.
>>
>>82745057
Why do people not like Avatar comics here? They're plotted by show creators. I've only read the promise and I thought it was good continuation of the show. Some things about it irked me like Zuko being a bit of a dick or Yang severing his spiritual connection from previous Avatar but it was definitely really good read and and narrative was trying to be deeper. Is this one of those things where /co/ just loves to hate everything for the sake of shitposting?
>>
>>82755241
I don't hate them by any means. I don't think the Promise or Smoke and Shadow have been particularly good I wouldn't say they're particularly terrible. The Rift was fun as fuck, a lot of it felt like it really captured the spirit of the show, though the ending a bit too grand in scale for most regular episodes.
>>
>>82755293
>a lot of it felt like it really captured the spirit of the show

This is what captured my attention. By no means they're Yang's best work or on par with best episodes of Season 1 or 2 but they capture the essence of the show quite nicely. Yang's not really given much room to experiment with neither should he, it's just trying to be extended adventure of Avatar and I think it's doing a good job.
Anyway do you know Gurihiru will be back for future installments now that she's on Gwenpool?
>>
File: dance15.gif (560 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
dance15.gif
560 KB, 400x267
>>82745057
I recently rewatched the show and I really like how Azula was handled, she was really more psychologically defeated than physically defeated, losing trust in everyone as her friends and even her father leave her. She definitely gets more coverage than the average villain. She actually won a lot, wasn't defeated over and over like Zuko or Zhao, making her seem like an real threat to the gang.
>>
daily reminder that korra didnt use azula's offspring as mainantagonists/hellspawn
>>
>>82755378
North and South is the next trilogy they're doing. First issue comes out in... October?
>>
>>82745193
>She'd been losing her shit for most of the season.
Not really, she spent most of the season just throwing snarky comments at Zuko while he was off whining about his life.

I still can't believe that she didn't have a single scene with Ozai until the finale, yet we got all that wasted shit with Zuko hooking up with Mai.

>>82746047
>which seems to suggest that she wasn't going along with Azula because she legitimately cared about her as a friend. She didn't feel at all emotionally conflicted about turning on her.

To be fair, that seemed stupid bullshit to whitewash Mai because she was now Zuzu's gf, she happily hugged Azula when they first saw each other and begged Azula to take her to the Avatar hunting mission because of how much she hated being around her family.

>>82747563
>her plans being consistent throughout the story

She snuck into Ba Sing-Se dressed as random warrior peasants from far away, then Aang and Sokka give them full clearance to see the Earth King when a week before they would have been stuck waiting for an audience for months with Dai Li spying on them, then Aang and Sokka conveniently go away instead of blowing her cover and completely ruining her plan, then the Earth King spills the beans about the secret invasion to some random girls he just met and never bothers to tell Sokka about it, and finally the Dai Li decide to betray the man they trust over the fucking Earth King and hand over their country to the Fire Nation to follow a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>82745057
she did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82754682
I think you have a vast misconception about what azula was going through if you compared it to "psychologically conflicted". She was having a full on schizoid breakdown, she was halucinating and having world bending dismorphia. If you honestly believe that her not realizing or remembering the location of some water ducts when she was not only probably not aware of her location, nor was she even a character who would care about what lies beneath her boots.
>>
>>82756776
>She was having a full on schizoid breakdown

And yet for some reason she could shoot lightning despite its main requirement being inner peace
>>
>>82756776
>nor was she even a character who would care about what lies beneath her boots.
She demonstrated expert acrobatics when she was on the drill, evading dropping rocks from above and fighting Aang.
Her psychosis also caused little disadvantage while combating Zuko, only until Katara needed an assist did her capability swirl down the drain.
>>
>>82756879
Zuko helping katara was the straw that broke her back; she had been pushing people away by being controlling and seeing an act of selflessness, from her own brother whom she deemed so beneath her, to help her enemy brought back all her problems from her childhood. It's why the turtleduck dialogue is so important.

Really, I have no idea why you guys are arguing this when the deus ex bullshit that is the lion turtle exists.
>>
>>82756870
To be honest, I really feel like Iroh made a somewhat untruthful statement there. I don't believe the requirement for lightning was inner peace, but rather detachment. That detachment being from an inner peace that views the world from a lofty perspective, or complete an utter uncaring towards others. I believe Iroh told zuko the way lighting should be used, not how it can be used.

Otherwise it would make legend of korra seem even more stupid :^)
>>
File: 1444107560090.png (939 KB, 1042x773) Image search: [Google]
1444107560090.png
939 KB, 1042x773
>>82756563
why state teh obvious? Don't you guys ever remember polls?

we voted. Azula did nothing wrong, and she is also best girl.
>>
>>82757382
>Korra
>That high

Christ.
>>
File: Ghostzula.png (76 KB, 312x386) Image search: [Google]
Ghostzula.png
76 KB, 312x386
>>82757382
She would not be best if she had not done anything wrong.
>>
File: Azula79.jpg (269 KB, 992x805) Image search: [Google]
Azula79.jpg
269 KB, 992x805
>>82754180
>tried to have Ozai kill Zuko.
Was Azulon senile near the end? Besides being insanely cold blooded and "teaching Ozai some sort of lesson," what was that supposed to accomplish? Long term, did he expect Iroh to remarry and have another child or for Azula to become Fire Lord?
>>
>>82757083
>"To perform the technique requires peace of mind."

Pretty stupid to have him say that when Azula was the opposite of that in the finale, yet she was still shooting lightning while for some reason Zuko still can't do it.
>>
>>82759052
She had peace of mind that everything she did was correct.

She was entirely convinced of it.
>>
File: Azula62.jpg (70 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
Azula62.jpg
70 KB, 500x513
>>82759648
I think by the Zuko fight, she was just so practiced at lightning that she could do it no matter her mental state.

It would have been better if she cartoon exploded when she tried to zap Katara after taking down Zuko.
>>
File: 1426867047754.jpg (133 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
1426867047754.jpg
133 KB, 720x536
>>82760404
Go away, Katara Sue.
>>
>>82745057
>best character in the show
She wasn't even introduced until halfway through the show's runtime. She was a full-class bitch. She treated her friends like shit, blackmailing one and imprisoning them both.

She drank heavy of the crazy juice for the finale, sure, but she wasn't exactly a likable person before that happened.
>>
>>82762677
>halfway through the show's runtime
she was introduced on the end of S01 (or ep. 1 of S02)

>She was a full-class bitch
stop bullying her

>She treated her friends like shit
that's just not true, and her friends like her. Mai followed her fillingly, and Ty lee just needed to be convinced but it's very clear she likes Azula. The imprisoning only happened after they betrayed her.
>>
>>82746059
Azula was established to be fucked up in the head in her very first appearance smiling gleefully as her brother has half his face cooked. Then there was Iroh's whole "Azula is Crazy and must go down" line, even if yo ignore all the other shit she did, that's pretty clear cut.

Only difference is in the beginning she had control then she lost said control.
>>
File: Azula robe.png (492 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Azula robe.png
492 KB, 720x480
>>82750743
>that scene was weird and i thought they were doing a surprise ship
Nope, just Azula being Azula. Also Firecest is best.
>>
>>82763689
>Firecest is best.
And confirmed canon by the comics
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1048x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1048x576
>>82745433
Isn't this supposed to be the right picture for "pls no bully" type of comments?
>>
>>82763810
Nevermind, I'll take that back. I should go back home to /a/ or /c/.
>>
>>82746624

Who the fuck wrote that?
>>
>>82763919
Some butthurt retarded Azulafag
>>
>>82759648

That seems more like a psychosis.
>>
>>82763953

Let's reconstruct the situation...

- Azulon had discovered that Ozai was plotting against him, and exploiting Iroh's grief at the death of his son to pass him by.
- As a punishment, he demanded Ozai choose one of his own children to be killed. (Nice guy. I guess we know where junior gets it).
- Ozai explained the situation to his wife and demanded she make an untraceable poison to assassinate his father, so his original plan could commence; in this way, both her children would be spared. The price he demanded of her was for her to go into exile, so he could raise his children without her influence.

So what the fuck was she supposed to do?
>>
>>82764186
The only bad thing Ursa really did was choosing to completely forget about her kids (which was still understandable from a human point of view because of how much pain it was causing knowing that she could never see them again) and that was something that bryke had to make up so there could be an adventure to find Ursa rather than her just showing up at Zuko's coronation or Zuko using June to track her down.

The Azulafags that blame Ursa for all of Azula's own selfish and evil actions that resulted in her mental breakdown are just delusional waifufags that would still defend her even if they released an episode of Azula raping orphans and burning down puppies.
>>
>>82763953
I dunno, it seems comically mocking enough that they might not so much care for Azula as they find her almost laughably morose situation a good focal point for a dark joke.

If you think about it the lengths taken for her and Zuko's suffering are quite heavy handed. In fact when you evaluate the royal family it seems everyone has somehow fucked everyone else up somehow and just peaces out, physically or psychologically, when they don't want to be accountable any longer. So it honestly does seem like a family of griefers.
>>
File: 1301466395314.jpg (137 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
1301466395314.jpg
137 KB, 445x445
>>82764411
In that case, the people responsible for the episode would be to blame, not Azula.

>burning down puppies

No reason to feel outraged.
>>
>>82764411

Well... if Azula did not know or understand Ursa's reasons, and was constantly nursed on a diet of hate and poison by her father...

She was only 14. Few ages are more vulnerable. It's simply not fair to judge her the same way you would an adult.
>>
File: 1412319994361.jpg (90 KB, 373x812) Image search: [Google]
1412319994361.jpg
90 KB, 373x812
>>
File: 1437711188576.jpg (28 KB, 436x435) Image search: [Google]
1437711188576.jpg
28 KB, 436x435
She was a amazing character, too good for a kids show.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.