[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whomp thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
Any reasonable adult is ingrained with the truth that their reflection is wiser than they. There's no coincidence in our universal seeking of encouragement from a bathroom mirror we're a half-dozen beers into festive evening.
>>
Ronnie disappointed the fuck out of me when I discovered he was not a manlet, everything became less credible and made him look much less pathetic.
>>
>trying to hit on a cashier while they're at work
eww
>>
>>82720098
Yeah. I like that the goal he failed to live up to was still terrible.
>>
File: maimaimai.png (220 KB, 655x480) Image search: [Google]
maimaimai.png
220 KB, 655x480
>>82720098

She smiled at me when she handed me my change. That means she loves me.
>>
>>82719967
I thought he was talking to a toilet in panel 3
>>
>>82720136
Without a doubt.
>>
>>82720171
Oh fuck so did I
>>
>>82720098
Honest question, how are you supposed to hit on people?

I feel like there's only wrong ways to meet people you've never met.

And the advice is "Know people who know other people."

"But what if you wanna know someone for the first time?"
"FUCK YOU"
>>
>>82720497
There's just too much stress involved with the mating dance. I think the Japanese herbivores were onto something; 2D is the way to go.
>>
>>82720497
I wish I had an answer, but I know some rules about when not to hit on people.

Cashiers and other workers have to be nice to you as part of their job. Hitting on them puts them in a bind where they might not be comfortable rejecting you. Waitresses especially rely on being nice to earn money.
People in public who are reading or listening to music probably don't want to be bothered.
People in clubs can be hit on, though you have to recognize when they don't want to talk to you and move on.

I guess a lot of it is reading their response. Don't come on too strong, and if they seem disinterested then end it.
>>
>>82720497
just don't hit on people when they're on the job because that's literally their job.
>>
>>82720497
Pretty much this
>>82720671
Especially the if they're at work part.
>>
>>82719967
she seems to be doing ok
>>
File: dating can be a dino crisis .jpg (460 KB, 600x1125) Image search: [Google]
dating can be a dino crisis .jpg
460 KB, 600x1125
>>82719967
>>
>>82720607

Been feeling the same way lately.

I feel like human intimacy and interaction in general is a weird, intricately designed series of almost indiscernible tests and responses that my brain was not equipped to parse.

Guess I'm autistic. Oh well. At least I've gotten really good at masturbating.
>>
>>82720035
Isn't he like 6'3" or some shit?

Motherfucker looks intimidating as hell in person, bearded bearmode supreme.
>>
>>82720962
nah, different girl

ronnie expanded his LORE with the recent Frank comic, now it's back to sadness
>>
>>82720962
CUT MY LIFE TO PIECES
>>
>>82721125
>Maybe I have a hard time being social because I go to negative places and people don't like it, even if you think you're masking it with humor
>Alright I'll try to avoid being negative even indirectly
>Start small talk
>Self Loathing surges to the forefront, I make a string of deflective self loathing "jokes" in deadpan
>>
>>82721682
Hey, me.
>>
>>82719967
Does anyone really talk to their reflection?
I know it's a thing in movies, but I don't see the point other than as a narrative device
>>
>>82721804
I talk to myself constantly, but never to my reflection.
>>
>>82720497
Its called going to a social hangout or function.
>>
>>82721804
Sometimes, but more in a half-serious, private joke sort of way.
>>
>>82719967
I've never talked to myself in the mirror to give myself a pep talk.
Am I weird?
>>
>>82720136
Unrelated but Mai is cute as fuck. Underrated waifu.
>>
>>82720098
Yeah, it's much better to wait until they end their shift, follow them discretely and pretend you bump into them by accident.
Seriously where are you supposed to hit on someone you only know from their workplace except at their workplace?
>>
>>82720671
>Cashiers and other workers have to be nice to you as part of their job. Hitting on them puts them in a bind where they might not be comfortable rejecting you. Waitresses especially rely on being nice to earn money.
It's really not hard or offensive to say "no, thanks".
Of course there's hitting on and hitting on. If you go to the counter and say to the cashier "that's a nice fat ass you got there, I wouldn't mind tapping that", you're over the line.

Clubs are the worst.
>>
>>82721885
>you only know from their workplace
Just don't hit on them then. I know it sucks. But if the other options are hitting on them while they're doing their job or stalking them, then just forget about it.
>>
>>82720607
This. I cant see myself in relationship. I just stick with my 2D girls.
>>
>>82721867
>posts on 4chan
>asks if they're weird

In all seriousness I don't do it and most people I know don't either.
>>
>>82721943
Why?
Hitting on someone really isn't akin to attacking them you know.
"Hey, want to get a cup of coffee one of these days" really isn't going to be taken as a breach of social mores. And if they say no or seem uncomfortable then it's a no, you move on, they move on, life continues. No big deal.

Fun fact: most people meet their significant other in their and/or the other person's workplace, because that's pretty much where you spend most of your life.
>>
>>82721843
>social hangout or function

what like a hospital waiting room?
>>
>>82721943

Iunno, "hitting on" someone implies that you're making unsolicited advances at someone or complimenting them and hoping they respond.

I don't think there's anything wrong with just asking if someone would ever like to hang out and grab some lunch sometime. Most girls at least feel capable of saying, "Sorry, I have a boyfriend," and as long as it doesn't go any farther than that, no harm, no foul. It's just how life goes.

Guys just have to be able to accept the possibility of rejection, and for shy dudes with low self esteem the system kinda sucks. Women won't pursue a man unless he's extraordinarily attractive in some way, which most guys honestly aren't.
>>
File: 1451911796004.jpg (194 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1451911796004.jpg
194 KB, 1024x768
>>82720497
It's easy, senpai
All you have to do is join a club that you're interested in, that required going outside.

Is there some skill that you've always wanted to learn how to do, or maybe something that you're just really knowledgeable in? Look around your area for classes or clubs that teach or talk about it. That way when you meet someone you like, you already have a similar interest. Also, just in case you don't see anyone you like, you can still improve yourself on that skill that really interests you.
>>
>>82722090
That actually works alright, and is basically how lots of people did things before the internet grouped people by what their hobbies are.
One thing about that: don't pick a sport, as they're gendered and even if you're a homo it isn't going to go well (except if you're a grill and it's roller derby I guess). I'm guessing things like fishing or hunting tend to be largely masculine aswell.

So all in all, join an artistic, crafting or cooking club.
>>
>>82720681
Yeah but the question is WHERE DO YOU?

Don't hit on them at work
Don't hit on them as they're leaving from work
Don't hit on them on the bus.
Don't hit on them approaching their house.
Don't hit on them leaving their house to go to work.

I mean. All these universal donts and no dos.
>>
>>82721931
>Clubs are the worst.
I like you.

If this were real life I'd hit on you right now for saying it.
>>
>>82721993
>Hitting on someone really isn't akin to attacking them you know.
I think that depends on how good you are at it/how attractive you are. But if you're good at it obviously you won't need advice.
Online dating is probably the best bet, but that's heavily skewed towards women possibly for reasons related to this thread.
>>
>>82722151
>So all in all, join an artistic, crafting or cooking club.
I have to know this.

Do you practice what you preach? Or are you repeating something you've heard?
>>
>>82722151

For people looking to build social skills and form connections, I've heard people recommend joining Toastmasters. It's an organization of clubs that help members build public speaking and organizational skills.

For some reason I get the feeling religious people don't have these problems as much. I used to think religion was pretty stupid until I realized how convenient it is to have a permanent local community that you've been a part of all your life. Must feel like a literal godsend to just be able to pick a nice girl from your church if everything else fails.
>>
>>82722197
>Online dating is
The worst thing you could ever be optimistic about.

I wish people would stop telling others to do this. I've never heard of a success story. Hookups at best, and those are not the same thing.
>>
>>82722205
I've got 150 hours on Persona 4, 40 of which were spent on researching Social Links; trust me, I'm a pro.
>>
>>82722227
It worked for my brother and sister, although my brother is extremely normal and assertive and really didn't need it.
It worked for my sister because she got someone way out of her league.
I think it works best for women and successful men.
>>
File: 1340114361836.png (13 KB, 560x406) Image search: [Google]
1340114361836.png
13 KB, 560x406
>>82722305

>I think it works best for women and successful men.

So... Exactly like regular dating, then?
>>
>>82722329
Yeah, well... yeah.
Fuck.
>>
>>82720098
Dude, it's fine so long you're:
>1
Not getting in the way of them doing work
>2
Not making them feel uncomfortable

There is such a thing as light-hearted flirting.
>>
>>82722169
Form cocoon. Inhabit cocoon. Never leave cocoon. Emerge as beautiful butterfly.
>>
>>82722329
Okay yeah but regular dating is currently non existent unless you already know people.

It's how this discussion began.
>>
>>82721943
>Just don't hit on them then. I know it sucks
So...

Men are fucked and that sucks, but it has to be that way.

Men have to GO AWAY AND BE UNHAPPY.
>>
>>82722671

>Not emerging as incredibly powerful insectoid warrior and laying waste to all before you
>>
>>82722690
Embrace 2D and embrace happiness.
>>
>>82722690
No, because "men" have active social lives where they can meet women that aren't standing behind a counter.

Man-children on the other hand, yes, you're not emotionally tall enough for this ride.
>>
>>82722740
>where they can meet women
>where
That's a good question.
Where?

Don't suck white collar cock.
>>
>>82720497
There's a saying that I wish was hung up in high school hallways:

Relationships are:one part mutual respect, one part mutual feelings of comfort and one part mutual sexual attraction.

With Friends you have the first two down and with someone you have sex with (fwb, a partner, etc) you have all 3 where the last one ideally strengthens the first 2.

>Step 1
When interacting with someone for the first time you need to have feeling of comfort down as soon as possible, you need to feel comfortable and so do they.
>Step 2
Then you start talking to them and you find things that you like about each other.
>Step 3
You then spend more time with that person by dating them and seeing if they find you attractive.

Everything else is pretty much touch and go. If you feel tense at any point or have to 'force feelings or conversation' it's pretty much a lost cause.
>>
>>82722759
No no no all this stuff is too general.

It's step 2, 3 and 4 advice. We haven't establishes step 1.

When/where is it even acceptable to speak to someone? At all?

Because it feels like the powers that would be, are happy with no one talking with each other, and creating new penalties for trying it all the time.

There are no social gatherings anymore to meet people outside of your causality loop. Look up the stats man. This generation we're rearing now is the most UNDERSEXED generation ever. We have nothing for them to do, except go to clubs. And by god has anyone here been to one before? What the fuck do people like about that shit?
>>
File: 07_020b.jpg (126 KB, 1024x1493) Image search: [Google]
07_020b.jpg
126 KB, 1024x1493
>/co/ : Dating Tips of the Pros
>>
>>82722759
Is this from a woman's point of view? This seems like an entirely different set of issues.

>>82722753
Don't respond to shitposters.
>>
File: 1459472174583.jpg (374 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
1459472174583.jpg
374 KB, 1000x666
>>82721052
Oh fuck me
>>
>>82720497
There's literally no situation where it's acceptable to hit on someone.
>Romances with people you see regularly are a bad idea, so no work romances or college romances with classmates
>Can't flirt with someone while they're at their work because they're just doing their job and don't want to talk with you, so leave that cashier or waitress alone
>Can't flirt with girls at conventions because they're just there to enjoy themselves and don't need some random ruining it for them, even though it makes sense because you both enjoy the same thing
>Can't flirt at bars because no one who goes to bars goes to flirt, everyone is just out with a group of friends and don't want to be disturbed or out with their boyfriend
>>
>>82722740
So women can't flirt with men if they work at a counter either?
>>
>>82722921
Haven't you ever seen a romcom anon? Just pray for a random meetcute with a girl in public.
>>
>>82722883
>Is this from a woman's point of view? This seems like an entirely different set of issues.
Oh dip I hadn't considered that.

Yeah this is probably a femanon.

Girls give THE WORST hunting advice.
>>
>>82720098
I had one give me a double order. She told me she likes big strong guys.

I figure she was retarded since it was McDonald's so I tossed her number and avoid that McDonald's now. This was back when I was beautiful though so now I would settle for eye contact. She doesn't work there anymore though. I've checked
>>
>>82719967
>he was not a manlet

he's not?
...this kind of makes me hate him.
>>
>>82723293
Why?
>>
>>82723293
You're supposed to hate someone BECAUSE they're a manlet not the other way around.
>>
>>82721931
>It's really not hard or offensive to say "no, thanks".
A lot of guys react really badly to something like that, getting all "what you think you're too good for me"? So any sort of direct questions putting them in a bind, requiring them to be rude and deny a customer is a very bad idea. They don't know you, they don't know if you're the type of person to throw a fit and not tip because you can't take being scorned or if you're going raise a scene or whine to the manager etc.

It's better to make some vaguely flirty comments first, or leave your number or whatever so that they don't have to tell you "no" to your face while they're doing their job that very specifically requires them to have a "the customer is always right" mentality and do whatever you ask of them.

Just don't place them in a situation where they're not a full liberty to answer however they like because of company policy or whatever
>>
>>82722759
Don't most millennials do this in reverse order? Hookup and fug and then maybe see if they're into each other?

Seems so stupid but hey what do I know about hooking up, I'm here after all...
>>
Why does this always update in the middle of the night?
>>
>>82723483
because Ronnie operates on NEET time
>>
File: Pol of old.jpg (85 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
Pol of old.jpg
85 KB, 500x559
>>82723454
Don't believe all the bullshit you hear.

People haven't changed as much as some people like to think
>>
>>82723497
That makes sense, I thought it was because his powers of nug magic were stronger then. Guess that's still kinda right.
>>
>>82723454
>Don't most millennials do this in reverse order? Hookup and fug
No. Millenials are getting the least sex of any generation that's come before them.

Those who HAVE been getting sex might be trying that. But you're talking about a minority.
>>
>>82723514
kids to day with their video games and their vaping and their gay shoes
>>
>>82723677
>vaping
I still don't know what the fuck that is.
>>
>>82721804
I do it but purely as a narrative device like you said.
>>
>>82723690
You got google don't you?
>>
>>82723690
It's smoking but instead of smoke it's vapor.
>>
>>82723825
What does that do?
>>
>>82722205
I don't, but I know several people who have met people like that.
>>
>>82722227
My father spent 10 years with a woman that he met online.
And no she wasn't a mail order bride.
>>
>>82723929
Yeah but what about relatively young people.
>>
>>82722921
Alternatively, it's acceptable but you don't feel comfortable doing it.
Because, you know, tons and tons of people start romances in those contexts.
>>
>>82723437
>getting all "what you think you're too good for me"?
Are you fucking serious? I've never seen a guy react like that. Maybe if he's a white knight who's spent years thinking he's "earning" something, but normal humans don't think they deserve positive responses to asking a stranger out.

>leave your number
>to a woman
Yeah right.

>Just don't place them in a situation where they're not a full liberty to answer however they like because of company policy or whatever
Are you serious? No manager would fire a worker because they resisted a customers' advances. There are laws nigga, company policies specifically protect workers in those situations.

All in all, fuck you, women aren't that fragile, and they certainly have no issue hitting on men in their place of work themselves. They're big girls, they can handle saying "No" to a guy once in a while, and if they're waitresses, they better learn because it's happening, whatever you or I do about it.
>>
>>82723882
It's supposedly healthier but not really by much, if you're interested in more information just google it.
>>
>>82724053
The whole guy reacted badly thing is the problem anyway, not initially asking someone out. Just don't be that creepy/douchy guy who won't let it go or makes a scene and it's fine.
>>
File: 1410479176848.png (253 KB, 530x343) Image search: [Google]
1410479176848.png
253 KB, 530x343
>>82722205
I recently joined a dance class, which is pretty much a life hack when it comes to meeting women. Always a lack of men, and being able to dance gives you an edge in the regular dating scene as well. It is also surprisingly fun.
>>
>>82723964
One of my best friend (30) is dating a girl he's met online.
I guess under 25 though yeah it would be mostly hookups.
>>
>>82722090
>>82722090
No such thing in my country
>>
>>82720497
Yust Je Bourself
>>
File: 1440059543290.jpg (357 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440059543290.jpg
357 KB, 857x1200
>>82721879

Good taste
>>
>>82724124
I don't believe you. Where are you from?
>>
>>82722940
I spend at least one hour every day standing on the middle of the road or the bicycle lane in hopes that a cute Manic Pixie Dream Girl will hit me with her bike car and my life's romantic subplot will start, or at least I will die from impact.
>>
>>82724197
Israel, literally the most normie (pardon my /r9k/ but I can't think of a better term) country on earth.

There are anime/general "nerd"-ish conventions, but it's just autistic guys like me and 14 year old girls

I mean, there are probably clubs for normal social activities for normal people with normal interests, but lets not kid ourselves and forget who we are.
>>
>>82724216
>do that
>get a lawsuit for pushing a girl off her bike and a ticket for loitering
>>
>>82724262
>who we are
I don't personally shut myself in a box labelled "nerd", you can like anime and also like things that aren't stereotypically nerdish.
>>
>>82724483
Well if I was able to enjoy things that I could tell my parents about without secretly making them want to disown me I wouldn't spend all my free time watching anime and cartoons for retarded children.
>>
>>82724262
>Israel

Oh, hello there you child killer!
>>
>>82724563
Come on now. You are just strengthening the stereotypes about /co/.
>>
>>82723373
Manlets will go out of their way to make you angry at them, so there's no effort needed on anyone else's part.
>>
>>82723702
Yes but I like talking to actual people so I can get consistent sort of responses in case I have follow up questions.

With a search engine you get passed from place to place, and your follow up questions find a different person and the whole experience is extremely capricious and I don't care for it.

I ask people in the threads to explain it, whenever I can.
>>
File: Nice meme.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
Nice meme.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>82724932
Fair enough
>>
File: 1373297993032.jpg (103 KB, 900x728) Image search: [Google]
1373297993032.jpg
103 KB, 900x728
>>82720497
>>82722090
>be kinda short
>have a thing for tall girls
>specially if taller than me
>see this young girl everyday walking with her friends
>tall as fuck for a girl (a bit more of 6'3 I think)
>about 8/10, but that's because I love tall girls
>probably a 6/10 for the majority of guys
>literally have no way to make any "pre-contact" with her
>no "clubs" I can join
>no acquaintances of friends of friends that can introduce me to her circle/group

I wouldn't care that much if it wasn't for the fact that the chances I find another girl above 6' who is also a qt are very slim.

However, if I ever want to try something my only option is to jump head-first and try to get her interested in about 15-20 seconds.
I'm confident in myself and I don't really have problems talking to people, but I haven't tried anything because the chances of success in this conditions seem very bad and I just got one opportunity.
I'm a coward.
>>
>>82721843
This anon needs to elaborate.

Every time I've asked someone elaborate, they never do.

It's really depressing.

I read the 'join a club' post. I don't know of any in the area.
>>
>>82724526
Whoa i didnt know there are people who likes anime in israel.
>>
File: ncb.jpg (52 KB, 286x268) Image search: [Google]
ncb.jpg
52 KB, 286x268
>>82723130
>>
>>82723483
Don't webcomics normally upload new updates right at midnight?
>>
>>82720497
>Honest question, how are you supposed to hit on people?
By not being autistic. That's all I know.
>>
>>82720681
I'm a guy.

If a girl walked up and wanted to talk to me while I was working my retail job (not a cashier, just a jack of all trades throughout the store) I would be flattered. I'd at least gauge her. I wouldn't flat out refuse her advances. And I'd hate it if people told girls "Hey don't do that to guys at their job."

But it doesn't matter because that never happens of course. Guys are meant to be the approachers. Feminism didn't care to address this at all, because feminism is cherrypicking. "Ah, no. Fuck that. You can keep that part, it sucks. XD"

I feel like over the years, more "Don't do this"s were added to the point where there's nothing you can do now.

Nothing.

Don't tell me there's something left we can do. There isn't.
>>
>>82723130
>This was back when I was beautiful though so now I would settle for eye contact.

You're not beautiful anymore?
>>
>>82725321
Not many, most are utter plebs (like "only naruto and one piece" tier), and most of the rest are 14 year old fujos

Really, the average age at anime cons hete is probably 15
>>
>>82725491
4chan makes you ugly
>>
>>82725507
>14 year old fujos
Are they down to fuck, or wot
>>
>>82722759
>you need to have feeling of comfort
>you need to feel comfortable
Well, there goes my chance.
>>
>>82725538
We may be located in the middle east but it's illegal here. Also I don't have yaoi hands or a sexual attraction to men.
>>
>>82725554
Anon, think harder about this.

When and where would you have even attempted this?

He doesn't even know. Put his feet to the fire dude.
>>
>>82720497
I've read somewhere that most people don't even ask out for dates. Basically, A person meet B, that B is integrated into A's group of friends, a few weeks of hanging out pass, B might - read: MIGHT - evolve into a potential boy-/girlfriend.

Suitors are first assimilated into one's tight-knit, exclusive group of friends before anything happens and then get peer-reviewed over and over and over permanently. The whole idea of "I just met a guy/girl the other day and we're going on a date this afternoon" seems pretty outdated, if it was ever real.
>>
>>82725619
But I like that idea... D:

I don't like huge swaths of friends. All the girls in them are always taken.

ALWAYS.

All girls are taken, or not looking to be. Every time. "Oh that's just what they tell you." No. I don't even learn it from them face to face. They're always bummed on relationships if they're single.
>>
>>82721682

The very concept of optimism even for a few seconds utterly confounds me. I truly cannot comprehend it.
>>
>>82721451
Yeah if you see him at cons he's one of those big guys that are sweet as hell. Super friendly with a bit of a country accent.
>>
>>82722090
>All you have to do is join a club that you're interested in, that required going outside.
That sounds horrible.
>>
File: waiting for respawn.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
waiting for respawn.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>82725679
>I don't like huge swaths of friends.
Too bad. Everybody else in the world does.

That's the way it feels to me, at least.
>>
Just go to the arcade and play DDR nonstop until a girl walks in and notices you're athletic and have many quarters in your wallet.
>>
File: 1375130329014.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1375130329014.png
255 KB, 354x367
>>82722305
>It worked for my brother and sister
But didn't they already know each other?
>>
>>82725784
ohyou.tiff
>>
>>82721804
I don't. I hate myself so much, I can't stand seeing my reflection. I hate mirrors.
>>
>>82724932
>Yes but I like talking to actual people
I will never understand this.
>>
>>82724098
>join a dance club with some female friends who have boyfriends
>it's pretty hard to get to, and everyone else there is at least in their 60s
>after one lesson, my friends keep making excuses to the point where there's no point going back
>they were my ride there and I don't want to be on my own with a bunch of pensioners, so I don't go back either
>>
>>82720497
Already have friends and build off of mutual confidence.
Its like making money, anon, its better to already have it.
>>
>>82724098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWEhPYwuY4
>>
>>82726002
>having female friends who have boyfriends

cuck
>>
File: ek.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ek.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>82726002

Socialization sucks. I honestly don't know normies do it, let alone put up with it.
>>
>>82726082
You don't even know what a cuck is, do you?
>>
>>82722090
>tfw living in the midwest

its all normalfag hobbies central. at least its not the south but the south is also densely populated so you at least have more chances to meet people with different tastes
>>
>>82721125
The compromising makes the whole thing unappealing to me anyway. It might sound selfish but I'd rather not have obligations to other people.
"Sharing my life" with somebody is a horrible prospect on both fronts. I don't like the idea of somebody eating up all the time I squander being lazy and if I shared my life with someone, I'd be constantly anxious that they'd feel they're getting short-changed, because my life sucks and I can't imagine anybody would want co-ownership of it.
>>
>>82720098
That actually worked for a friend of mine.
>>
>>82726022
But I don't have friends. I am in a place where all my friends moved away and I just kinda stayed here.

And things didn't pick up from there because it went from 8 friends to 0.

Not 1. 0.
>>
>>82726125
You're literally "that gay dude she takes places".

cuck
>>
File: youlostme.png (246 KB, 319x490) Image search: [Google]
youlostme.png
246 KB, 319x490
>>82721804
>not loudly scolding your reflection for all your failures and short comings every morning
>>
>>82726221
Okay, you don't know. That's fine.
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with being a cuck
>>
>>82726260
Tell me what a cuck is, cuckboi.
>>
>>82726285
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what%27s+a+cuck
>>
>>82721931
That line would work if you're Tracey Morgan.
>>
>>82726285
Literal definition:
Someone who is cheated on by his partner

Slang definition:
Someone who takes sexual pleasure from watching his partner have sex with others

Your definition:
A male who has female friends
>>
>>82726371
I ain't googlin' shit, cuckboi. Say it right now. Tell me what it is. Go on, cuckboi.
>>
>>82721931
>It's really not hard or offensive to say "no, thanks".
Anon, there's a reason the phrase "blown the fuck off" exists.
>>
File: tmp_6295-146112796395382693650.gif (41 KB, 600x878) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6295-146112796395382693650.gif
41 KB, 600x878
>>82721682
>>
>>82722169
>Don't hit on them after entering their house and watching them sleep
I mean, what's left?
>>
>>82726627
Wait. I thought that was what they liked?
>>
File: baitonetta.jpg (55 KB, 563x601) Image search: [Google]
baitonetta.jpg
55 KB, 563x601
>>82726470
>I refuse to even be spoonfed
Okay, I get it - you're a troll. Great job, you got me.
>>
>>82726470
Your dad, while I banged your mom
>>
>>82725290
>I read the 'join a club' post. I don't know of any in the area.
Have you try googling it you excuse-making faggot?
>>
>>82727745
There are strip clubs, but I doubt I could find a decent girl there.
>>
>>82727745
There's a golf club. And a swim and racquet club.

These are both expensive things I can't afford that I won't be going to.
>>
>>82727790
What do you mean? That's where the best girls are.
>>
>>82728016
I'm not into methheads or fat lesbians.
>>
File: questionable waifu.jpg (376 KB, 600x1125) Image search: [Google]
questionable waifu.jpg
376 KB, 600x1125
Please give Ronnie thousands of patreon dollars so he can continue this plotline until the end of time.
>>
>>82720962
>tfw this happened to me multiple times throughout high school
>>
>>82728325
How?
>>
File: 1439660095147.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1439660095147.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>82728325

>In elementary school
>Standing in lunch line
>"H-hey anon, my family got a playstation this week, I really like Spyro, he's the best!"
>"Huh? Oh that's cool."
>Go back to thinking about her friend who I had an obsessive crush on for no fucking reason
>Girl I liked turned me down years later in high school anyway

What the fuck was I thinking
>>
>>82728325
That's nothing. I had a girl get me to grope her boobs twice and I still didn't realize that she may have liked me until after graduation.
>>
>>82725619
>Suitors are first assimilated into one's tight-knit, exclusive group of friends before anything happens and then get peer-reviewed over and over and over permanently.
Only when you're younger. As you get older, the concept of a tight-knit group of friends becomes less and less standard for people to have, due to work schedules conflicting.
>>
>>82725507
Are you telling me that you consider a convention full of 15 year old girls to be a bad thing?
>>
>>82725507
>Really, the average age at anime cons hete is probably 15
That's how it is in the states, too. There are still plenty of older people, too. The easiest way to find them is to go drinking at the room parties they hold at night.
>>
>>82728325
Are you a harem protagonist?
>>
File: 1459832905748.png (9 KB, 167x259) Image search: [Google]
1459832905748.png
9 KB, 167x259
>>82728561

I think it was just some self-esteem issues I had. I even heard one of the girls talking to her friends about how she liked me but I never did anything. I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self to stop being such a faggot.

>tfw she was a hot latina with a 10/10 ass and the best tits i've ever seen on a 10th grader
>>
>>82728325
Only once for me. Except for the kiss, that is. But I think the girl was, for some reason I still cannot understand, into me.

Perhaps it was for the best - for her - that nothing came out of it.
>>
>>82728969
Obviously not. He'd have to be surrounded by girls to be one of those.
Instead he's alone. Like the rest of us.
>>
>>82729077
>Perhaps it was for the best - for her - that nothing came out of it.
Oh wow. I never thought of it that way. What a depressing and eye opening revelation.
>>
File: takagi san.png (214 KB, 985x1400) Image search: [Google]
takagi san.png
214 KB, 985x1400
>>82728325
I hate this feel
>>
I like coming in these threads and watching the insecure neckbeards give each other advice. It's like watching a nature documentary about inept courtship.
>>
>>82729431
Alright, Chad.
>>
File: 1402694020825.jpg (69 KB, 490x424) Image search: [Google]
1402694020825.jpg
69 KB, 490x424
>>82729431
>>
File: waah.jpg (69 KB, 401x663) Image search: [Google]
waah.jpg
69 KB, 401x663
>>82729431
>>
>>82729197
Okay, former harem protagonist who got the bad end.
>>
>>82729431
I wonder if there are any animals in the wild that fuck up courting. Like, d'you think there're any peacocks that try courting by bringing shiny objects to females? Autistic animals, is what I'm saying. Socially inept.
>>
>>82721052
Thas real good.
>>
>>82730046
>Autistic
This word is not shorthand for awkward. If anything it's longhand.

Jesus christ you people are diction VIRUSES.
>>
>>82729431
Looking for good advice on 4chan is like looking for a corn kernel in a pile of shit. Nothing is sugarcoated and everything is unfiltered unlike other sites, but that doesn't change the fact you have to learn to separate the bullshit from the good stuff.

To put it more simply this site is mostly filled with assholes and weirdos, you don't want to take advice from assholes and weirdos.
>>
>>82730145
Look. It's the cuck triggerred again.
>>
>>82730145
>If anything it's longhand.
>mfw remembering telling another anon this years ago
How far I've fallen, that I forgot such things. My question stands, you raging shit.
>>
>>82720136
now you must urinate on her to claim her as your own
>>
>>82730046
The lack of sapience probably just makes the inept go rapist. That or they have loose wiring in more than one area.
>>82730178
I feel like it's aiming low, like we're mostly dysfunctional on here. In one way or another, but a lot seem to be functioning losers. So if you're looking for advice on here you're just aiming to be one step above where you are. A Normie or hell a successful person seems daunting.
"I'll never be successful like that guy, but I can be one step above complete fucking disaster like THIS guy."
>>
File: Acceptance.jpg (51 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
Acceptance.jpg
51 KB, 480x410
>>82729227
Don't know if sarcasm or not, but whatever. Probably would've left me with even more regrets had I gone ahead and taken her to the prom like I think she wanted me to. If she did see anything worthy in me, she was clearly just looking at me wrong.
>>
>>82730268
How would he know if there WAS pizza there?
>>
>>82729431
>advice
Nigga, no one with half an ounce of functioning gray matter in their frontal lobes would seriously considering recurring to 4chan for advice. We just rant about the intrincacies of social interaction and human nature as seen from an outsider's POV. But, advice? We can't give advice. At most, we can be cautionary tales.
>>
>>82730867
Well regardless of what you say, there sure are a lot of people attempting to give each other advice in this very thread.
>>
>>82730933
There you got your one-gram frontal lobe people en route to deeper, darker holes.
>>
Women don't believe in blue balls.

Blue balls is our version of the period, and they don't believe in it, because we don't produce a physical, tangible result from the issue.

I just wanna put that out there. I think it's part of the problem.
>>
>>82725619
>The whole idea of "I just met a guy/girl the other day and we're going on a date this afternoon" seems pretty outdated, if it was ever real.
it was never real
it used to be that everyone in a town/burrough/tribe knew everyone else. New people coming in were big news and most marriages were arranged in one way or another

it's just not human instinct to trust total strangers

If anything it helps to put yourself in the other person's shoes:
"someone I don't know anything about suddenly wants to have a lot to do with me and wants my time, do they want money/sex/some other ulterior motive?"

and the reasons for all those "don't approach a girl/woman when she's entering/leaving her house or at work is that you as a stranger shouldn't know where she lives and/or works, but that's useful information for stalkers and burglars. Even more anxiety provoking if she lives alone

you have to pass the trust gate, and the way to do that is to have some empathy and not overstep bounds as a stranger first
>>
>>82726470
don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>82721931
have you ever been in the situation where a guy is hitting on you, you turn him down, and he either flips is shit and starts talking trash about you, or worse he starts creeping around waiting for you to go to your car so he can follow you

for how dare you turn him down
>>
>>82728325
You don't know shit, brah. Two of the best looking girls at my school got together to do a mock-up "anime" fight between them both, because they knew I liked that shit and was pretty fucked by the rest of school. Instead of thinking for a second, I got mad at them for laughing at me, while all they wanted to do was to just laugh together and hope me cope with all my shit.

Also, one of them had a crush on me since Elementary school, I only learned about years later.
>>
>>82722690

>Men have to GO AWAY AND BE UNHAPPY.

Don't delude yourself. You were going to be unhappy regardless.
>>
>>82722923
Absolutely. No one should be flirting with anyone on the clock.
>>
>>82731899
No bully
>>
>>82731346
Anon.

You're talking about a sociopath.

You're telling us that anything a sociopath can turn into a clusterfuck, has to be thrown out for everyone?
>>
>>82720497
>how are you supposed to hit on people?
psychology. Always look her in the eyes when talking, always walk on the outside (aka dangerous side) of the sidewalk, guide her away from walking into shit like water with a hand on the lower back, never EVER look down, basically just have confidence
>>
>>82722753
Go to a bar. Go to a club. Join a club. Join a gym. Sign up for classes; painting, writing, book circles, etc. Do charity work. Go for jogs. Join a biking club. Sign up for a dating site. Do speed dating. Hang out at the library.

Your only means of meeting someone new do not end at asking them if they can supersize that.
>>
>>82732117
>touching her without her permission
NOPE
>>
>>82732102
Why not? Like >>82731204 said, people don't just trust anybody. Walking up to a girl and asking her out out of the blue will only scare her away.

Which brings us back to >>82720497.
>>
>>82732117
This is definitely a femanon.

Only a girl would forget the basics of WHEN AND WHERE one would try this.

There's a bajillion times and places we're not allowed to do it, and we're asking the times and places when it's okay.

"Make eye contact" doesn't count.

I have seen countless, countless conversations going over the same irrelevant material. We're not asking about attitude, we're asking about setting. Because that shit about the attitude is obvious.
>>
>>82732202
>Walking up to a girl and asking her out out of the blue will only scare her away.
Yeah.

Thanks 3rd wave feminism. Holy shit.
>>
>>82720671
It depends entirely on how much exactly you frequent a place. If you try hitting on a cashier or waitress that you've just met then it can come across as retarded, however if you are a regular and you think she may be interested then there isn't that much harm in going for it.
>>
>>82732117
>Always look her in the eyes when talking
This never ceases to confuse me. Do people really like being stared into their eyes? All throughout a conversation?

Because everytime I do that or happens to me, I always feel like I'm a few seconds away from getting into fight.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 930x134) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 930x134
>>82732202
Uh huuuhh...?
>>
>>82732261
You're kidding, right? Women have been nervous around strange men for literally hundreds of years. Every woman has a story or knows someone who has a story about being harassed by a creepy dude and becoming incredibly and uncomfortably aware of how much smaller and weaker she is compared to him and how unsafe that makes her feel.
>>
>>82732117
>always walk on the outside (aka dangerous side) of the sidewalk, guide her away from walking into shit like water with a hand on the lower back

What the actual fuck? Do I have to bow when she enters the room as well?
>>
>>82732298
Ah, so we've reached full circle.

Truly is normalfaggotry a dimension completely divorced and alien to our own, in its entirety inaccessible.
>>
>>82732320
Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbgM1-zfMY

Just switch a few words around and there you go.

Things can actually be changed for the worse if you can believe it. The advice used to be "Don't worry about sex now, there'll be plenty of that in college." I shouldn't need to point out why that's so funny, given what's currently going on. You understand at least how THAT has changed, right?
>>
>>82732368
..The fuck's wrong with you?
>>
>>82732335
>anon actually starts bowing every time femanon enters a room
>femanon figures this out
>invites anon to the grocery store
>laughs hysterically while going through the revolving door over and over again while anon bobs up and down frantically
>>
>>82732408
That sounds like a girl I'd want to date.
>>
>>82732375
>The advice used to be "Don't worry about sex now, there'll be plenty of that in college."

Well, tall guys can easily get sex in college and short guys don't matter so who gives a shit if advice doesn't work for them. Sounds like good advice to me.
>>
>>82732405
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on harakiri rock.
>>
>>82732296
shows confidence. When you're looking around, ESPECIALLY LOOKING AT THE GROUND, it shows insecurity to some degree in the eyes of whoever you're engaged with. this isn't even advice for girls man, do you really not look the interviewer in the eyes when getting a job interview?
>>
>>82732462
Right? And if the guy's laughing at himself by the end it's a match made in heaven.
>>
>>82732468
But anon, why you bully.
>>
>>82732375
What point are you trying to make? Spell it out.
>>
>>82732492
Nah, he should remain serious as the straight man for her jokes to bounce off of.
>>
>>82732335
do you want to get laid or not
>>
File: 1420479215709.webm (441 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1420479215709.webm
441 KB, 320x180
>>82732489
Yeah, but I am never comfortable doing it. I always feel like I'm about to jump at them and start beating and biting at them.
>>
>>82732532
... Aghhh..

Where did I lose you dude
>>
>>82732489
It can also come across as too intense.

When I do interviews, I switch depending on what I see from the interviewer. If they consistently and constantly meet my eyes, then I do the same for them. If they occasionally look away while speaking, then I'm free to do that as well, and personally I've always felt that looking off into the distance while giving an answer can indicate thoughtfulness.

If someone's staring at you and it makes you uncomfortable, you're going to start to look away a lot, and their eyes will feel like they're boring into you. The smart person recognizes when that's happening and backs off a bit. You don't have to stare sullenly at the ground, and looking away doesn't necessarily mean you're not confident. You can show someone respect while still being confident. Confidence is not about stepping on other people because you want to be on top, it's about being sure of yourself, and that doesn't require you ignore other people's preferences.
>>
>>82732489
I've got that shit on lock-down for interviews. For some reason I'm able to exude insane confidence in interviews, I think it's mostly because nobody's able to prove what a lazy, inept waste I am when they first meet me. It's all an act, a few weeks into the job, I can't keep it up, so I don't bother and go back to my awkward, timid self.
If I could get a job that just consisted of having interviews with people I've never met before and bullshitting about how great I am, I'd be set.
>>
>>82732630
Walking up to a girl and point blank asking her out will set off alarm bells in her head, and this is hardly the result of 3rd wave feminism. You seem to be arguing that it's made worse by 3rd wave feminism, and I sincerely doubt that.

I think you're referring to the current issue on college campuses concerning sexual assault and rape and how men who are accused of either have little recourse, but that's a separate issue and has a good deal to do with how colleges operate under different (and rightly questionable) standards than the law.

The issue was about approaching a woman as a stranger and asking them on a date. I know of very few women who would agree to that, from ANY generation, and that fear and distrust ranges across the political board, so I don't think it has to do with 3rd wave feminism.
>>
>>82732783
>You seem to be arguing that it's made worse by 3rd wave feminism, and I sincerely doubt that.
I could see that being true in more liberal-leaning communities. And California.
>>
>>82732045
I'm not bullying. I'm just being very pessimistic.
>>
>>82720098
What if you work with them?
>>
File: Unacceptable.png (73 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Unacceptable.png
73 KB, 184x184
>>82730525
It was not sarcasm. I have had the same thing happen to me and I was just coming to the realization that if we did get into a relationship it probably wouldn't have ended up good.
>>
>>82726533
I am Reginald.
>>
>>82730673
Smell.
>>
File: Head shake Cosby.gif (903 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
Head shake Cosby.gif
903 KB, 260x146
>>82731161
>Blue balls is our version of the period
Absolutely incorrect. We get blue balls from not having sex. Women get periods no matter what happens, unless they're pregnant.
>>
>>82733277
You're acting like sex just happens all the time.
>>
>>82733277
So jack off.
>>
>>82733333
Only a girl would think this serves the same function.
>>
>>82733327
;_;
>>
>>82733374
So suffer. We certainly already do.
>>
>>82733333
Jacking off doesn't fulfil the same needs as sex. Masturbating is like reheating leftovers to eat because you're bored and being hungry is uncomfortable. Sex is taking the time to make a nice meal that you actually want to eat.
>>
>>82733374
It does serve the same function.

I've never had blue balls. Jackin' it solves the problem.
>>
>>82733435
Gets rid of the blue balls.
>>
>>82733513
>I'm going to whine until women give me the sex I want because I don't want to be responsible for my own bodily issues.
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>82733513
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>82733503
It gets rid of an inconvenient boner. It doesn't satisfy anything else.
>>
>>82733597
Tough shit.
>>
>>82733559
>>82733589
Weak.
>>
>>82733637
Says the man who begs and lies for sex because his nuts hurt and he's too good for Jill.
>>
>>82721804
Sometimes, yeah.
>>
>>82733651
Geez, I already said weak. Where do I go from there? Weaker?
>>
>>82733661
You could, but you'd need a mirror for that.
>>
>>82733651
>Men are scum!!
>I wish they'd all fucking die
>>
>>82730046
Female parrots are known to sometimes mimic male courtship rituals, which does nothing but scare off any potential mates.
>>
>>82733692
Right, right, that's exactly what that sentence meant. Good for you, you get a Scooby snack.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.