[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: Captain America Alex Ross.jpg (248 KB, 800x1226) Image search: [Google]
Captain America Alex Ross.jpg
248 KB, 800x1226
Does he now have the best superhero movie trilogy besides Nolan's Batman?
>>
Comics and cartoons.
>>
Yeah.

But that's not saying much
>>
>>82701294

I wouldn't say Nolan's trilogy, seeing as how Rises sucked.

And I really wouldn't call Cap's movies a trilogy, seeing as you need to watch almost everything in between and before to understand who and what everything is.
>>
>>82701294
Nolan's trilogy sucked tho.
>>
>>82701499
no
>>
>>82701445
Rises sucked but the first movie in Captain America was pretty of boring.
>>
>>82701294
depends to what you want to compare it.
CA trilogy is as good as Rambo, or Die Hard, or Rocky
>>
TDKR is shit though.
>>
>>82703524
First part / first half was great. The rest was solid.
>>
>>82703524
>Rises sucked but the first movie in Captain America was pretty of boring.

I'll give that it had some pacing problems in the later half, but I wouldn't call it boring. It was (in my opinion) the best film of phase one, and has one of the best scores of the MCU as a whole. TWS and CW are really fucking great, but their scores weren't anywhere near as good as the first Cap movie.

>or Rocky

Rocky hasn't been a trilogy since 1985.
>>
>>82701445
>And I really wouldn't call Cap's movies a trilogy, seeing as you need to watch almost everything in between and before to understand who and what everything is.

I wouldn't really say that except for Civil War.
Except for not knowing Stark/Black Widow, I'm pretty sure you can go into Winter Soldier with just having seen First Avenger.
>>
>>82701294
Id say that the only problem with Cap's trilogy is that you need to see Avengers before Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron before Civil War to fully understand where they are coming from.
>>
>>82704050
That Captain America theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZko8HlWsI

Shame the leitmotif wasn't present through the whole trilogy.
>>
>>82703477
fuck off, /tv/
>>
>>82704141
>Except for not knowing Stark/Black Widow, I'm pretty sure you can go into Winter Soldier with just having seen First Avenger.

You're forgetting about all of Shield and the events of the Avengers. If you hadn't seen the other movies (and had no knowledge of anything Marvel), you'd no idea about what The battle of New York was, wouldn't know who Sitwell or Stern were. Wouldn't know what Fury meant about Stark's "close look" at the old Hellicarrier's turbine system or what he would mean about the sedative he took to fake is death being meant for Banner, and would be completely lost in the after credits scene with Loki's scepter.
>>
>>82704455
>Shame the leitmotif wasn't present through the whole trilogy.

I was just happy that it made it a little in TWS just once. It being the first piece of music that showed up in the movie immediately put a smile on my face the first time I saw it. Sold the movie for me from then on.

Would've really liked if it popped up again in CW, but I'm happy with what we got anyway.
>>
>>82704900
It wouldn't have fit in Civil War anyway. But I expected more of
https://youtu.be/zWprXO7bh44?t=2m30s
at some point
>>
>>82705070
>It wouldn't have fit in Civil War anyway.

You're probably right, which is why I'm content with what we got. And why it only popped up once in TWS. It was great where it was most appropriate. But in TWS and CW the settings are different, and thus require different themes and motifs. Cap was ultra patriot in the first movie, and that was fine. He was the symbol then. But it's not the case in the next two.
>>
>>82705355
It should come back for his heroic sacrifice against Thanos while wielding Mjolnir and the Shield.
>>
>>82701445
This, family. That disqualifies it for me.
>>
File: Freedom intesifies.jpg (103 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
Freedom intesifies.jpg
103 KB, 500x418
>>82705485

>It should come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIVLF58L9A
>>
That would be Raimi's trilogy. It was a great homage to capes imo, and without that extra stupidity of shared universe. Cap 3 wasn't even a Cap movie. It was a movie version of an event comic, and that should automatically disqualify it from being a Cap movie or being good.
>>
>>82704693

A majority of your complaints are just nods to other films. None of it is really necessary to the story of Winter Soldier, which is a direct continuation of First Avenger.

The most you would have to know is that Steve was busy between the time of waking up and Winter Soldier, and most of the important bits are explained after the cold opening.
>>
I suppose, but it's heavily reliant on the Avengers movies as well.
>>
>>82701294
It's hard for me to think of it as a trilogy. The first two movies follow directly one from the other, but Civil War dumps a whole lot of other characters into the mix and is half the conclusion to the Cap trilogy, half an Avengers movie.

If they'd just made the Bucky story as they originally intended then yes.
>>
>>82705963
>Raimi's trilogy
Complete shit and a disservice to the character of Spiderman and Peter Parker.
>>
>>82705963
Raimi don't count, he made the same movie 3 times
>>
>>82706109
>Complete shit and a disservice to the character of Spiderman and Peter Parker.

That goes extra for the ASM movies.
>>
>>82706761
Nope, they weren't perfect but they were better than Raimi's shit
>>
>>82706234

Also, the third one sucked.
>>
>>82707016
>but they were better than Raimi's shit

Yeah, no they weren't. SM1 was okay. SM2 was good, SM3 was bad. ASM 1 and 2 were absolute shit. There was no integrity behind those two. Sony made them purely so they can keep the rights after they fucked up with the last Raimi film, except they fucked up even harder.
>>
>>82707517
Nope they were better than Raimi's crap. Deal with it.
>>
>>Watching Civil War
>>Two guys and a girl behind me
>>Crossbones fight
>>"Whose that?"
>>"That's Loki"
>>
>>82707837
No fucking way

I refuse to believe this
>>
>>82704693
I didn't know who Sitwell was (don't watch the One-Shots or AOS), and forgot all about Stern, but that didn't hurt the movie at all for me. SHIELD's fall didn't impact me as much as it could have but otherwise the movie worked just fine.
>>
>>82705963
Spider-Man 2 was the only one that was good.
>>
>>82714895
People say this but the movie mopes around so goddamn much I lost interest in it
>>
No.

-Blade
>>
>>82712184
They were pretty vocal through the film.
After the Loki comment, the girl went "But where is the staff? I don't see it"
"I'm pretty sure it's Loki"
I chime in "It's Crossbones"
"It's who?"
I don't really respond because I didn't want it to annoy everyone else in the theater, but these guys were constantly announcing everything in the film like "It's Black Panther" when T'Challa showed up and "OH! He killed his parents" when they start the video tape.
They were black and upper 20's
>>
>>82705963
>trying to proclaim this while Spider-Man 3 exists

A pox upon your house.
>>
File: HNI_0025.jpg (59 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0025.jpg
59 KB, 700x477
Trilogies in the running:

Dark Knight Trilogy
Spiderman Trilogy
Captain America Trilogy
Superman Trilogy (S4 doesn't exist)

Most consistent quality: Either Cap or Superman
Best individual movie: Superman or Dark Knight
Worst Individual Movie: Spiderman (3) followed by TDKR

I'd say it goes Superman > Cap = Dark Knight > Spiderman

Superman 2 > Superman 1 = Superman 3 = Dark Knight > Winter Soldier = Civil War > Spiderman 2 > Batman Begins = Spiderman > The First Avenger > Dark Knight Rises > Spiderman 3
>>
File: VMtdrgb.jpg (94 KB, 482x641) Image search: [Google]
VMtdrgb.jpg
94 KB, 482x641
>>82701294
>besides Nolan's Batman?
His Batman was abut as much of a superhero movie as Taken was. Just like Snyder Nolan threw away as much of the comic book aspect as possible. And just so you movie nerds are told, Jack Nicholson was a far superior Joker
>>
>>82716623
>They were pretty vocal through the film.
>They were black
I want to stop being racist, I really do
>>
>>82704050
>Rocky hasn't been a trilogy since 1985.
And it's not the last CA movie either, dumbass
>>
>Trilogy

Age of Ultron is too important to the story for it to be considered a Trilogy
>>
File: 1461390516144.jpg (63 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1461390516144.jpg
63 KB, 960x720
>>82701294
Nolan's Batman had 3 movies dedicated to Batman. Captain America had 2 movies and one Avengers movie.

Civil War is not a Captain America movie.
>>
>>82717297
It helps that you are believing a completely fictional account.

Like who would be retarded enough to say "It's Crossbones" to casuals who don't know what Loki looks like? At best, you are talking to two people who have watched every single other MCU movie religiously... and they still wouldn't know who Crossbones is. Maybe if he said "Rumlow" then yeah.
>>
File: cap vs bat.png (1024 KB, 582x907) Image search: [Google]
cap vs bat.png
1024 KB, 582x907
>>82701294
>Captain America: three good movies
>Dark Knight: Two good movies

no, he doesn't have the best superhero movie trilogy BESIDES Nolanman.
>>
Well the Cap trilogy is the only one that successfully managed to pull off the trilogy sequence with three movies that consistently get better. Spider-Man, Superman, and TDK all fail at this.
>>
File: 4.png (60 KB, 657x385) Image search: [Google]
4.png
60 KB, 657x385
The thing is Cap 1 wasn't directed by the Russos, whereas Spiderman and Batman were directed by the same person for all three instances. So it really isn't an honest comparison in that regard.

Not to mention as others have already said, that the Captain America movies are dependent on both Avengers movies to have a full understanding of what is occurring.
>>
>>82717912
It's easy to accomplish this when your third movie is a complete detour from the franchise.
>>
>>82717953
TDKR is way different to TDK and it managed to be worse.
>>
>>82717973
Don't bullshit me. TDKR has its flaws obviously, but it was still a movie about Batman, not Batman and his team of Justice Leaguers vs the rest of the Justice League.
>>
>>82701294
He has the best including nolans batman.

The bat trilogy goes good, great, and poor.

Cap trilogy goes mediocre, great, outstanding
>>
>>82717941
you could probably skipped the avenger 1 and still understand winter soldier.
>>
>>82718009

You probably would have no understanding of what SHIELD is though or why Cap works for them.
>>
File: Nolan won.png (292 KB, 922x820) Image search: [Google]
Nolan won.png
292 KB, 922x820
no
>>
>>82701294
>besides Nolan's Batman

You realize that Begins flopped and that Rises is almost universally agreed upon to be a joke of a film, right? Heat Legend is the only reason anyone cared about any of those movies and that was just the second one.
>>
>>82718138
>Meta score
>>
>>82716762
>Superman 2 > Superman 1 = Superman 3

Superman 3 is legitimately one of the worst films ever made.
>>
>>82718138
>Besides nolan's batman
>Implying you can read.
>>
>>82718138
>critics
>in the internet age

Serious question: Are you literally autistic? Because it's either that or you're over 60. NO ONE else thinks critics matter in the 21st century. Get with the times, you literally faggot loser.
>>
>>82718189

Except the majority of the thread is comparing those films. Try to keep up, okay kid?
>>
>>82718269
OP said besides Batman, so even still you're doing it wrong and so are they. Try to pay attention next time, girly girl.
>>
>>82718312

No need to project friend, I don't care if you are not very masculine.
>>
>>82718372
Heh heh, you don't wanna do this kid. I'm pretty much a master after 2 years of taking MMA.

THIS. IS. NOT. A. FIGHT. YOU. WANT. Go back to reading your little picture books kiddo.
>>
>>82717941
None of the Star Wars OT are filmed by the same director, that is not a requirement.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.