[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thor Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 10
File: latest[2].jpg (21 KB, 284x359) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
21 KB, 284x359
Would Thor have been Team Cap or Team Ironman?

or would he have just stayed out of it or beat both sides down?
>>
How about those comics, /co/?
>>
Probably Cap or Neutral.

Tony was just being fuckstupid.
>>
>>82595346
i'm really looking forward to deadpool this week
>>
>>82595360
Thor has NEVER liked Tony.

Also, He's part of an extra-planetary leadership. They'd have to give him or a chosen representative some manner of diplomatic immunity.

Where pretty much anyone at any point could knock him down and say, "IT'S JUST BEEN REVOKED"
>>
>>82595321
it's a stupid fucking conflict that could be solved instantly if people just sat and talked about it, so
>>
Thor would not let bureaucrats tell him who could and could not save.
>>
he'd likely have helped out Caps out of being more friends with him while not really caring or understanding the whole registration thing.
>>
>>82595321
he would have made them talk for 5 minutes and settle that shit

or told the collective governments of earth to stop imposing shit they can't enforce

actually if thor is part of the avengers then it being under a government in some way is fucking retarded because earth is one of the nine realms that'll be under his fucking rule.
>>
>>82596333
this, pretty sure he would've been team cap

sorry tony
>>
>>82596284
>>82596377
They try talking on the movie, several times. Every single time they just end fighting due to Stark being a dumbass and when it's actually going to work Zemo simply plays the video because he knew that was going to happen. Have you even seen the movie?

Also Thor is irrelevant since Vision was already on it
>>
100% Cap. Thor isn't interested in being checked or limited.

Also >>82595685
>>
>Rogers, you say you want to rescue your friend who is like a brother to you, whom you have battled with for years, who has done terrible things without his own control and wants to repair what he has damaged? Say no more. Those who stand in our way shall stand no longer.
>>
>>82596284
just like real life!
>>
>>82595321
Tony obviously. Because he would have engineered a clone that does whatever he says and this time when some black guy gets shot in the chest he wouldn't have been so pissy about it.
>>
>>82595321

Probably Neutral, but leaning towards Cap's arguments.
>>
>>82595321
He wouldn't like authority over his shoulder telling him what fight he should partake in, so Cap.

Come to think of it, Banner would probably join team Cap as well, since he's had the government on his ass forever.

Just imagine team Iron Man vs Team Cap with Thor and Hulk. That would be SEVERELY one sided.
>>
>>82595321
I think Thor and the Hulk are weak(character-wise) characters and I believe Civil War was made better by them not appearing.
>>
>>82596703
Alternatively Banner would be pro-reg because he knows that his powers need to be restrained and doesn't like his role in the team all that much
>>
>>82595321
Eaten popcorn and took bets with the rest of his crew.
Would have probably stepped in and told them to chill out if one of them were going to get completely fucked up for all eternity.
>>
>>82596712
This.

Never mind it's never said if the nine realms actually pay tribute to Asgard or anything about their relationship beyond under Asgard's nominal rule. If earth's governments REALLY push it, Odin might start getting nasty beyond just invading to 'teach them a lesson'/''pacify them'.
>>
>>82596778

Nah. He has a LOT of bad blood with the army and Ross specifically.

He'd be a neutral party and told the pro-reg side to get fucked.
>>
>>82595321
He would have stopped the two kids from fighting, had them sit the fuck down, and talk it out. Thor is too old to put up with that bullshit.
>>
Would Thor, as a future king himself, support open defiance against the ruling governments? As much as he does view himself above earth's petty politics, he does have respect for legitimate authorities.
>>
>>82596778
I thought in the comics for Civil War Banner was off-world?

I believe She-Hulk was pro-reg but only cause she was forced into it by the army.
>>
>>82596778
The whole conflict of MCU hulk is that the government wants to use him as a weapon and he doesn't want to let the Hulk fall into anyone else's hands. If he didn't fuck off at AoU, he definitely would now. He wouldn't fight for either side, he'd just disappear.
>>
>>82596879
That depends if they try to regulate Thor. If they're genuinely dumb enough to attempt that, earth might need to elect new leaders, because the old ones will be ash.
>>
>>82596879

He defied his king when he was being an unreasonable petty asshole with a grudge because his wife died.

So yes, he would stand against authority if he feels they are wrong in their stances.
>>
>>82596422
>>82596333
>>82595321
he would have tried to play nice, up to the point where the UN got in the way.

if it's something like dark world happening on earth again, he would have just told the UN to fuck themselves.
>>
"Thor: Ragnarok" is happening at the same time as CA:CW so Thor's a lil bit busy to chose a side trying to save Asgard & all the nine realms.
>>
>>82596931
Slott retconned things by claiming Tony played the "Pro Reg side was the law & order side" card on Shulkie.

Ironic when you consider how Due Process flew out the window & an unconstitutional draft was instated...
>>
>>82597118
third times the charm right?

I really hope this one is good because Thor is a dank ass character and could have team ups with Gotg and Adam Warlock.
>>
>>82596589
Case in point: Rhodey.
>>
>>82597204
I-I like all the Thor movies.
>>
>>82595360
What? Cap was being fuck stupid in the movie. Tony was NEVER in the wrong.
>>
File: muhthor.png (78 KB, 980x300) Image search: [Google]
muhthor.png
78 KB, 980x300
>>82597270
I know that they aren't very good, but I just like Thor.

What're your thoughts on the "leaks" for the next one?
>>
>>82596981
The Accords explicitly say that if you don't want to serve the council, you can retire and they'll forgive your past crimes.
>>
File: Civil War.png (2 MB, 628x3364) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.png
2 MB, 628x3364
>>82597341
>Tony was NEVER in the wrong.
Except for the whole bit about he was literally wrong about the fact that Winter Soldier was framed.
>>
>>82597397
And yet Tony wanted him to get help. Not be imprisoned for life. I'm sorry but Bucky needs help, not be left to run free. He is obviously still able to be influenced by the programming and that shouldn't be left to chance.

Cap was being a total fuckwit the entire time.
>>
>>82597387
That sounds pretty interesting. It could happen. And I think it will have to be pretty dark, especially if we're seeing asgard fall to hela
>>
>>82597562
I just hope they actually mean it this time unlike AoU.

Ultron was just a quipping piece of shit, at no point did he really feel menacing as he was portrayed as in the trailers.
>>
>>82597341
He's automatically registered as full retard for wanting the Avengers restrained by the fucking United Nations, which accomplishes shit and exists more as a symbol than anything at all practical or functional.
>>
>>82597460
>I'm sorry but Bucky needs help, not be left to run free.
This. It was never Stark's decision to send a kill squad after him. He just wanted to bring them all in.
>>
>>82597460
>>82597837
Don't forget all the times he literally said to Cap that it'd be better to turn him in to them (in other words among friends), than just toss him to Ross.

Tony, even though he was as bullheaded as Cap was, tried to get things settled peacefully multiple times. It was always Cap that threw the first punch (until the end fight). Even though Tony was being a bit stupid about the frame up (to be fair, they assumed he wouldn't believe them, and never bothered to explain it to him properly), he was still trying to be as reasonable as he could.
>>
He's a member of a monarchy. That necessitates a rigid class structure. No one in Asgard does a fucking thing that Odin doesn't want them to do.

So yeah, Thor would be all "Whatever dudes, who needs to check with anyone before being a hero?" Like that time he did his own thing and almost started a war and got the fuck banished to this shit-hole.
>>
>>82595346
Is it sad that what I'm looking forward to most is the new Captain Marvel Masterwork? I really want to have Death of Captain Marvel in print.
>>
Something tells me he would have found the whole thing ridiculous. I doubt he'd even consider placing himself under the authority of human government. Maybe he'd take Cap's side, but the actual fight was more over Bucky than the Accords, so that makes it more complicated. Realistically I think he would've fucked off back to Asgard; the events going on would have been neither important to him or needing of his presence to resolve them.
>>
>>82597204
Plus they gotta introduce Beta Ray Bill if Thor is just out wondering the Universe.

>>82597387
Sounds VERY interesting if becomes true.
>>
>>82596543

He also CANNOT be checked or limited, so what does he care?
>>
>>82597460

Tony wasn't wrong for wanting to get Winter Soldier help, he was wrong for trusting Bucky in goverment hands after they had proven themselves corrupt several times over.

Cap's cautiousness and suspicions about the Accords were proven right the second that a kill squad was sent after Bucky, proven even more when Bucky was denied a lawyer, and further proved when General Ross immediately started yanking Tony around like a dog on a leash the second the Accords were signed.
>>
>>82598092

How about you actually watch the movies before talking.

Thor has gone against Odin when Odin's being an ass.

And got all his friends, including goddamn Heimdall, to break Asgardian law to do the right thing.
>>
>>82598282

This. Ross turning Tony into his bitch for over half the movie justifies all of Steve's warnings.
>>
>>82597949
If Bucky turned himself in he's wanted for murder in a fuckton of countries, would be taken by the likes of Ross and detained anyway (look how well that worked) and shit would've been much harder. Cap had to clear Bucky's name before bringing him in. Tony's solutions were shit.

>>82597837
They ended up in a prison beneath the sea because the UN can not be trusted.
>>
>>82598298
>Thor has gone against Odin when Odin's being an ass.

Thor did his own thing, and got banished. Thor has people he answers to. Dude, everyone's seen these movies. Calm down.
>>
>>82598282
Agreed.

Honestly i dont know why Tony went along with this in the first place, it's never been like him to cow down to people in authoritative positions even when he thinks they're right.

I think he just got shook when that lady told him about her son. And he's always had those thoughts about letting people down. This was just his way of shifting the blame away from himself and the Avengers entirely. It was him trying to run away from the burden of choice and the consequences that come from being able to have them.
>>
>>82598431
He did go against Odin again when shit went south after that.
>>
>>82596487
>implying Vision has anything on Thor
>>
Neutral, or Cap. Not because he believes in Cap's principles, but because he believes that the laws of Earth do not apply to Gods like himself. This was his position in the comics. He gave no fucks about the laws of men because he was above them and not bound to them due to his godhood. If Tony tried to get him to sign, though, he would fight on Cap's side.
>>
>>82596810
Considering that "Odin" would have been Loki at that time, yeah, he'd tell Thor to put the UN in their place.
>>
>>82598509
He has an infinity gem. That's a big deal.
>>
>>82598548
The infinity gem gives him his consciousness. It has nothing to do with the rest of his powers. He has never used the mind gem for its intended purpose on anybody else in any movie he's appeared in so far.
>>
>>82598434

That makes sense. I think at this point, after Ultron and all the mistakes Tony's made, he was looking for some kind of obvious right choice to make to redeem himself. He was hoping the Accords and what they represented would be it. To add some evidence to this, the woman who confronts him does so after the flashback sequence where he discusses the great lengths he went to to try and erase the mistake of not telling his father he loved him before he died.

I can empathize with Tony in his choices honestly, even though I think they're wrong. He's tired of making mistakes and just wants to put a W in the book. He was in a state that left him ripe to being duped by something he shoud've taken a harder look at.
>>
>>82598431

You clearly didn't, seeing as you can't even realize that I'm talking about the Dark World, where Thor went against Odin's orders, because the Allfather was blinded by his grief over Frigga and willing to sent the realm to shit for revenge.

And Frigga is Thor's beloved mother, so it's not like the shit Malekith pulled didn't hurt him deeply.

All this just reinforces that if he has to take a side, he will put his allegiance with Cap.
>>
>>82598434

Tony is very emotionally compromised since Ultron, so he has changed his tune out of guilt (guilt drives a lot of his actions).
>>
>>82597786
I laughed when Rhodey was telling falcon "the un is a big deal dude! Don't laugh it off, they'll send strongly worded letters to you!"
>>
File: 44295840_big_p0.jpg (51 KB, 550x808) Image search: [Google]
44295840_big_p0.jpg
51 KB, 550x808
>>82595321
He'd be Team Cap. Pretty obvious Thor has more of a rapport with him than he does with Tony.
>>
>>82598271
There were so many missed opportunities though. Imagine Thor brought in to some meeting with UN representatives, and they ask him to leave his hammer in the "waiting room" as a sign he intends to be peaceful. In the room are also Tony, Vision ad Rhodey there with their suits close at hand, as they explain the situation to Thor. Thor tells them the way they're trying to treat their champions is stupid, that you can't have trust when every policy is ruled by paranoia and says he's leaving. They say he can't, they can't let him join up with Cap, and the "waiting room" is actually a bunker designed to contain the hammer, block his ability to call it, and the whole thing was just dropped down a thousand-foot shaft into the ground, and now Thor needs to come with them quietly. Thor grins, knocks Vision around while Tony and Rhody suit up, kicks their asses as well, then when they're all down just holds up his hand and the whole room shakes as Mjolnir crushed through stone, concrete and steel to get back to him, and he just walks out.
>>
>>82598577
>>82598617
It is pretty sad seeing Tony like this. He's such a god damn emotional wreck after all that's happened and you can tell. The man just wants to do something right for once. And not in the "sacrifices sometimes have to be made" kind of right but something unquestionable that he can look back on and say i made the right decision.
>>
>>82598426
>They ended up in a prison beneath the sea because the UN can not be trusted.

Their last little fist fight? The one where a guy tore the wing off a multi-million dollar commercial airline and hit other people with it? Here's the thing. They didn't own that shit. That airport tower they destroyed? That's pretty god damned expensive. Someone has to answer for that shit too. All the people traveling to and from that country? We're talking millions in collateral damage. Caused by fugitives. Aiding and abetting another fugitive. Hell, Bucky blew up a fucking road too. And he stole a motorbike and Cap beat up and stole a cop's car. All of these things are as illegal as shit. All done before the guys put in the raft decided to help him flee the country.

The accords were signed by the UN. They were traveling to other countries blowing up infrastructure and beating up lawful troops and blowing up cop cars. They weren't put in jail cause Ross was an asshole. They were put in jail because they were breaking all the laws.

Scarlet Witch was involved in an incident that killed dozens of completely innocent people. In a country they were not authorized to be superheroes in. They didn't ask countries if they could come in and beat up bad guys there. They just decided it was ok. Was she responsible for the dead people? No. But they firmly said "you can't do this kind of shit without us anymore. You can't because people fucking died." She did it anyway. Helping a known international fugitive. She earned that cell.

Running from cops is illegal. No matter how innocent you think your friend is, helping him run is illegal too. It doesn't matter if you're innocent. Breaking millions of dollars of federal and commercial property *while running from the law* is in itself the kind of shit that get you thrown in prison. They all earned their way into the Raft.
>>
>>82598548
Thor shattered an infinity gem with a little lightning. It got itself back together, but that was a love tap compared to some thing hurt Thor has dished out. Malekith had one too, Thor was able to fight him head-on. And Malekith knew how to use it. Vision uses his for lasers and sentience. Wooooo, so impressive.
>>
>>82597460

It was never about letting Bucky run free. It was above proving he didn't bomb the UN, which nobody including Tony and especially Ross was interested in hearing. They all just assumed he did it and wanted to make an example out of him because it would be politically convienient.
>>
>>82598825
All he had to do was stop trying to be in charge. And that's exactly what he did in CW, he just sublimated his will to the wrong person. In AoU, Cap was against the Ultron plan from the start, had Tony actually listened to the man in charge from the beginning, there would still be a Sarkovia.
>>
>>82598846
Cap is an American. It's every American;s duty to defy and fight against unjust laws, it's how this country was founded. And let's not even get into the fact the UN has NO authority to enforce ANYTHING in the US. "Signed by the UN." Too bad that means nothing.
>>
>>82598846
They've always operated outside of nearly every law there is, the movie talks about them going pretty much wholly unchecked. Damn near every super hero does this though. It's a bit late to be bringing that into the equation and this is the shell shock that comes from trying to treat them as such and insisting they need to be. None of this would have happened if they just let them sort it out among themselves.
>>
>>82598434
Tony's one consistent character flaw is overreaction. He has sudden and extreme responses to emotional stimuli. The more personal the tragedy, the harsher he reacts. This is shown at multiple times throughout the various movies he appears in, and it all culminates when he tries to get revenge on Bucky.

Honestly, if you're not expecting this sort of bullshit from him by now, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>82598465
>He did go against Odin again when shit went south after that.

He still answers to Odin. it's kind of how Kings work.

>>82598584
>You clearly didn't, seeing as you can't even realize that I'm talking about the Dark World

Your lack of clarity isn't my fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HRmyq9ZPEE

There he is, at the end of that movie, on his fucking knees. But he doesn't answer to Odin cause reasons.
>>
>>82598979
Yeah but it's never been to the point where he'll bend over backwards for governments. It's a huge shift for him to make, up until now it's always been about personal struggle for him and the people close to him. Anytime someone in authority tries to strong-arm their way into his decisions he rebukes them handily.
>>
>>82598945
>Cap is an American. It's every American;s duty to defy and fight against unjust laws

There's nothing unjust about it being illegal to destroy millions of dollars of shit you do not own.
>>
>>82598974
>None of this would have happened if they just let them sort it out among themselves.

Did you miss the part where they keep killing people? That's them sorting it out for themselves. I know that you empathize with them cause they're the stars of the movie but people have a right to own things and not have some jackass in tights destroy that shit.
>>
>>82599061
It's unjust to punish people for something they did while essentially unconscious.
>>
>>82599133
Killing who? Far as i can tell they killed no one other than in the beginning from that explosion. Every other death you think might have occurred from them is speculation.
>>
>>82598846
>The accords were signed by the UN. They were traveling to other countries blowing up infrastructure and beating up lawful troops and blowing up cop cars. They weren't put in jail cause Ross was an asshole. They were put in jail because they were breaking all the laws.

They were trying to prevent an international criminal from gaining access to a bunker with five super soldiers that he would then use to destabilize the world. If anyone reasonable could see things through Cap's eyes at that moment, they would understand why they couldn't stop and explain things to some government cronies that wouldn't believe them anyway, and even if they did believe them, not until it was too late. That was an unquestionably right decision. Captain America wasn't wrong for putting the world on the line for Ross's ego.

>Scarlet Witch was involved in an incident that killed dozens of completely innocent people. In a country they were not authorized to be superheroes in. They didn't ask countries if they could come in and beat up bad guys there. They just decided it was ok.

Had she done nothing, people would've died anyway. Yeah she fucked up, but that's a far cry from a moral wrong. And in the bigger picture, the Avengers not getting themselves involved in that situation would have led to an even worse catastrophe of an international terrorist getting his hands on a bioweapon.

A running theme of this movie is that the people in authority positions were constantly making the wrong choices because they were always acting as hard as they could off of a limited perspective. They didn't know that Bucky was innocent, didn't know that Zemo was heading to that bunker, didn't know that essentially all of this was orchestrated by one man that, if they had things their way, would have escaped, his crimes never coming to light. Yes, they made the wrong choices out of a lack of information, but they were wrong choices all the same.
>>
>>82599143
>It's unjust to punish people for something they did while essentially unconscious.

We lock people away who weren't in control of their actions every god damned day.
>>
>>82599133

In literally every scenario the Avengers were involved in, they limited potential damage. Take the Avengers out of Sokovia, Lagos, New York or Washington and every one of those situations is exponentially worse for their absence. Blaming the actions of their enemies on them is as retarded as blaming first responders for the WTC attacks.
>>
>>82598778
>knocks Vision around while Tony and Rhody suit up, kicks their asses as well

that's the thing, Thor is too OP for civil war to have been a fair fight. If cap had him and scarlet, the fight would've been over in like 2 minutes.

Although I would've loved something like that. We need Thor to show off his strength more.
>>
>>82599319
Like who? And still where did i say that was just?
>>
>>82599319

Not without a lawyer and due process.
>>
>>82599319

Bucky is LITERALLY mind-controlled, in a fucking comic-book sense. Psychopaths, emotionally damaged individuals, people who were swayed by charismatic cult leaders, etc. aren't even close to the same situation.
>>
>>82599354
I think it would have made it more fair actually.

Vision did a whole lot of sitting around doing nothing when the action at the airport went down. Just chilling on his phone or something cause i swear he only ever appeared in a couple scenes while everyone else fought.
>>
>>82596703
Banner wouldn't be Team Cap, so much as Team FuckThatBastardRoss.
>>
>>82599319

Do you think none of us have seen the movie? They weren't going to put Bucky away, they were going to kill him on sight. When they did nab him, they were going to deny him a lawyer. There's only one term to describe this and it rhymes with smoverment borruption.
>>
File: 1462594456006.jpg (192 KB, 734x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462594456006.jpg
192 KB, 734x1000
>>82598728
This
>>
>>82599297
>They were trying to prevent an international criminal from gaining access to a bunker with five super soldiers

No. Cap was doing all of that before anyone knew anything about any of that shit.

>>82599297
>Had she done nothing, people would've died anyway.

Different people. Also, she was kind of working for a genocidal death-bot last year. She set the Hulk loose on a population center. She hasn't earned all that much trust yet.

>Yeah she fucked up, but that's a far cry from a moral wrong.

The moral wrong was breaking the law, helping someone else break the law because one man, in particular, had to be the guy to punch the bad guy.

Stee could have turned himself in and also told about the super soldiers. An iron-man, Vision, and non-crippled War Machine is who you can send after the bad guy, but no. Cap insisted he be the one cause he trusts no one with the important stuff (Bucky).

>And in the bigger picture,

The bigger picture is exactly that and why Steve needs oversight as much as any of the rest of them. He so desperately needs to be the guy fighting when it's time to fight that he lies and fights off others capable of doing things damn near to the death to ensure it.

If he'd have given that responsibility over to the others there'd have been more people more qualified to punch the bad guy but he insists on doing it solo if it means the alternative is him not being there. That's Cap's flaw.
>>
File: not shot.jpg (33 KB, 564x296) Image search: [Google]
not shot.jpg
33 KB, 564x296
>>82599357
>Like who? And still where did i say that was just?

The criminally insane.

>>82599416
>Bucky is LITERALLY mind-controlled,

And not in control of his actions and very dangerous. Keeping him locked up isn't about punishment any more than them keeping any psychopath locked up is about punishment. It's about the public good protecting people from and treating the person who kills all the other people.

>>82599442
>They weren't going to put Bucky away, they were going to kill him on sight.

See picture. They would take him into custody and did. All someone had to do was apprehend him, like War Machine did. The UN wasn't going to waltz up to a subdued prisoner and cap him. That argument is specious cause we have picture proof of them not killing him when he was subdued.
>>
>>82599526
Breaking the law isnt necessarily a moral wrong. And they absolutely were not going to treat Bucky fairly considering all he's done.

Not that guy you responded to just pointing that out.
>>
>>82599614
Still fundamentally different from what's happened here.
>>
>>82599526
>No. Cap was doing all of that before anyone knew anything about any of that shit.

If you're referring to Lagos, he was trying to prevent a terrorist from getting his hands on a bioweapon. He absolutely made the right call there.

>Different people. Also, she was kind of working for a genocidal death-bot last year. She set the Hulk loose on a population center. She hasn't earned all that much trust yet.

The question isn't whether or not she's trusted, its if her actions are justified. They are.

>The moral wrong was breaking the law

It's not inherently morally wrong to break the law.

>Stee could have turned himself in and also told about the super soldiers.

This is an idiotic play. Not only would that waste shitloads of time while he tries to convince them, he DOES try to tell Tony about the super soldiers before they fight. Tony doesn't buy it and sicks Spider-Man on him. Tony's actions in that scene prove that Cap was right about Tony not believing him, but Cap gave him a chance anyway and did everything he could to avoid contact until it became either fight or let Zemo do whatever he wanted.

>The bigger picture is exactly that and why Steve needs oversight as much as any of the rest of them. He so desperately needs to be the guy fighting when it's time to fight that he lies and fights off others capable of doing things damn near to the death to ensure it.

Again, false. He tries to tell Tony about Zemo and Tony shuts him down. Also, Cap recruits a shitload of people to help him take down Zemo.

>If he'd have given that responsibility over to the others there'd have been more people more qualified to punch the bad guy but he insists on doing it solo if it means the alternative is him not being there. That's Cap's flaw.

Again, not true. Cap believed, and was justified in believing, that no one would go after Zemo if he didn't. Tony outright refuses to believe Cap's story until he literally sees physical evidence.
>>
>>82599615
>they absolutely were not going to treat Bucky fairly considering all he's done.
They did EXACTLY that in the movie when they caught it.
>>
>>82599615
>And they absolutely were not going to treat Bucky fairly considering all he's done.

And yet there's the UN troops sitting right next to him in a UN restraining device. They called a psychologist to deal with him. He was subdued, they took him into custody. Of course they treated the lone wolf supersoldier who we know had explosives on him differently than a guy well and truly subdued.

Had Cap said anything to the troops who he knew were moments from breeching the room about negotiations happening, that there was more than one person in the room or that he was Captain America I'm positive Bucky would have been in the same cage with dozens of less injured soldiers and one less blown up freeway.

(blowing up a freeway gets you put in prison, by the way. No one made Bucky do that.)

>>82599643
>Still fundamentally different from what's happened here.

Only in fact that one is impossible.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Criminally+insane

These people are locked up for their safety and ours and treated. That's exactly what should happen to Bucky. He's not responsible but he IS dangerous and unable to control himself.
>>
>>82599784
They had orders to shoot and kill on sight.

The only reason they didn't is because he got catch with Cap around
>>
>>82599784
Yeah, detaining someone for questioning without an attorney or due process is totally fair.

If you're caught by a fucking dictator in some third world shit hole.
>>
>>82599614
>
And not in control of his actions and very dangerous. Keeping him locked up isn't about punishment any more than them keeping any psychopath locked up is about punishment. It's about the public good protecting people from and treating the person who kills all the other people.

Again, this isn't the problem. You're shifting the goalposts. The problem is the kill-squad and the lack of lawyer.

>They would take him into custody and did.

Lie. They had orders to shoot Bucky on sight, resisting or no. They had no orders to attempt to capture him. They only take him in when Cap gets involved.

>That argument is specious cause we have picture proof of them not killing him when he was subdued.

I'm not talking about this scene bro, I'm talking about earlier in the movie when they explicitly state that they sent a kill-squad after Bucky with orders to straight up kill him. Also, in this scene, they explicitly state that they're planning on denying Bucky a lawyer, again unjust.

How is Cap expected to trust the government after they tried to murder his friend with no evidence of his involvement in the Accords bombing other than a picture of him on the street?
>>
>>82599784

What part of no lawyer are you incapable of understanding? Do you think if you try and ignore that fact it'll just go away?
>>
>>82599858
Plenty of people who get declared criminally insane are pure bullshiters who are definitely in control of their actions.

And even then that's totally different from comic book mind control shenanigans.
>>
>>82599858
He was just trying to get away, they drove him to those actions so if anything it's their fault.
>>
>>82595321
He would laugh and say, "You mortals are so petty and tiny."
>>
>>82599858
>Had Cap said anything to the troops who he knew were moments from breeching the room about negotiations happening, that there was more than one person in the room or that he was Captain America I'm positive Bucky would have been in the same cage with dozens of less injured soldiers and one less blown up freeway.

They had explicit kill on sight orders. Those soldiers had no intentions of even attempting to capture Bucky, unless you don't know what "kill on sight" means. Also, he's clearly Captain America, he's wearing the damn uniform. They try to kill both him and Bucky anyway. Your incorrect assumptions don't work as evidence for your argument.
>>
File: 1442126408080.gif (2 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1442126408080.gif
2 MB, 245x300
>>82599475
Fuck, they're so cute together :3
>>
>>82599133
>people have a right to own things and not have some jackass in tights destroy that shit.

If they don't then some jackass supervillian will do it instead.

I know people get pissed when their insignificant lives are disturbed but guess what the world is much bigger than their tiny little lives.
>>
>>82599133

Don't even pretend that the reason the government put them in the Raft was because they broke things.
>>
File: Sounds legit.jpg (187 KB, 589x543) Image search: [Google]
Sounds legit.jpg
187 KB, 589x543
>>82600102
Their tiny, petty, short lived lives.

If he was there and really wanted to Thor would have solved all this shit in a second.
>>
>>82599775
>If you're referring to Lagos

No. Cap snuck into Bucky's apartment before the UN got there (only just beating them) and beat the shit out of dozens of troops instead of talking to them. He tossed a cop onto the street and stole a cop car. Before he knew anything about any other winter soldiers.

That Mcguffin didn't pop up until after Bucky was triggered.

>>82599775
>its if her actions are justified. They are.

Not after she killed all those people. She defied the UN to help a fugitive escape. That was a binding resolution of other countries. Countries she immediately went to and destroyed millions of dollars of other people's stuff cause Cap told her to. That's not morally justifiable. Counties have the right and the duty to protect their people.

>>82599775
>It's not inherently morally wrong to break the law.

It's morally wrong to destroy things that aren't yours to help someone escape justice. Bucky needed to stand trial. Cap never understood this but other people *can* punch the bad guy. It doesn't have to be him.

He could and should have turned himself and Bucky over. If he was worried about another group of supersoldiers, well there were ten other people he could have sent instead of trying to solo the place.

Instead he sacrificed his team so that he, personally, could be the guy to punch the bad guy. He caused untold damage and destroyed people like Clint Barton's lives instead of stepping aside and letting someone else take over if circumstances dictate. Like they did.

Here's the alternative. Cap gives himself up at the airport. Tells the rest of the avengers about Zemo. They' still a team then sans Cap and Bucky and they go see what's going on in Siberia.

Instead he caused untold damage, got another hero crippled so that he, personally could punch the bad guy. Cause he doesn't trust anyone else to get the job done. Unless he thinks he and a guy who can be turned by words the guy they're hunting knows is a better team than everyone else.
>>
>>82599614
>They would take him into custody and did.

They started out tossing grenades into his room and shooting to kill.

The only reason they took him alive was because Cap basically subdued him for them and forced them out into the public where they either arrested him or killed an unresisting man in public view.

They wanted Bucky dead. He was a political issue and they wanted him gone and to make an example of him. When they arrested him instead they were gonna lock him up in Raft without due process.

Even when Tony has evidence Bucky is innocent Ross not only doesn't care but threatens to have Tony arrested and tossed in the Raft for failure because he only brought in 4 of the 6.

These are NOT people good guys can work with and still save lives.
>>
>>82600196
>No. Cap snuck into Bucky's apartment before the UN got there (only just beating them) and beat the shit out of dozens of troops instead of talking to them
Maybe because they threw fucking grenades in their and started shooting at them?

I know you're a big "lawfully good" kind of guy but that also just happens to be one of the shittiest of alignments.
>>
>>82600196
You wouldnt know justice if it slapped you in irons and hurled you onto a shadowy prison in the middle of the oceon.
>>
>>82599870
>The problem is the kill-squad and the lack of lawyer.

Did we see him request representation and be denied? The "kill squad" that took him from War Machine after he was subdued and put him in a box w/o shooting him?

>>82599870
>They had orders to shoot Bucky on sight, resisting or no.

You're adding words to further your argument. They had orders to kill on sight a supersoldier who had arms and explosives. Once he had neither they put him in a box. Once subdued they took him in and called for a psychologist. How dark of them.

>I'm not talking about this scene bro

You aren't talking about it because it unravels your entire argument. Kill on sight isn't "kill no matter what." Had Cap talked to the troops on scene instead of keeping quiet to ambush them or whatever in the fuck he was thinking the situation could have been contained.

We know for a fact that the UN took Bucky into custody once he was subdued. I have the picture to prove it.

>How is Cap expected to trust the government

Because he's not above the law. No matter how much he can lift people have a right to question a man who is suspected of killing other people. Bucky belongs locked up. Even when he's under his own control he's blowing up freeways and stealing motorbikes and destroying airports.
>>
>>82600196
>Here's the alternative. Cap gives himself up at the airport. Tells the rest of the avengers about Zemo. They' still a team then sans Cap and Bucky and they go see what's going on in Siberia.

That wasn't an option. Cap told Tony about Zemo. Tony didn't care or believe him.

Instead what would have happened was Cap and Bucky get tossed in the Raft Ross ignores his warnings and nobody does anything about Zemo until the soldiers are unleashed.

Well no, because that wasn't Zemo plan but that's the giving up scenario as Cap sees it. In fact giving up would have killed Zemo's plan right there but nobody would have known that because nobody expected that one guy would go through all this trouble just to make Cap and Tony try to kill each other.

Still though, assuming Zemo wanted to use the soldiers it would have been easier for Steve to just give up sit in jail and wait until thousands were dead and nobody could ignore that he was right anymore because the pile of corpses proved it. Then he'd get a full pardon and Ross would HAVE to admit he was wrong.

Like in DOTM when Optimus took the Autobots into hiding while the Decepticons broke their agreement and blew up Chicago so the UN would finally get it through their heads that Megatron could not be negotiated with.

But that's not what Steve does. Because those thousands he let die to prove him right would be on his concience.
>>
>>82600363
>Did we see him request representation and be denied?
Yes?

Did you see the movie? Maybe not he himself but they did ask for one.
>>
>>82599911
>And even then that's totally different from comic book mind control shenanigans.

Tell me how it's functionally different.

>>82599943
>He was just trying to get away, they drove him to those actions so if anything it's their fault.

Did you know that no matter how innocent of a crime you are that you don't get a pass to commit other crimes to "get away"? Using explosives on an overpass is still illegal no matter how much you want to get away.

>>82600011
>They had explicit kill on sight orders.

For an armed supersoldier an unknown quantity of explosives. Kill on sight isn't kill no matter what. They took him into custody ten minutes later when an actual adult showed up.

>>82600102
>I know people get pissed when their insignificant lives are disturbed

Don't forget the "insignificant lives that got snuffed out." You don't get to clear yourself of wrongful death. Other people have to do it for you.

>>82600133
>Raft was because they broke things.

Just a few millions of dollars of collateral damage after being put on notice for nearly killing every human on Earth via Ultron. They earned the raft by ignoring the world telling them to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>82598572
He shoots a laser that can melt fucking Vibranium out of it, pay god damned attention.
>>
>>82600497
It's different because he is literally not the same person he was after those words are uttered where he's otherwise fine, not the same as being a psycho.

And legality was never the issue i brought up. What was done was illegal but not morally wrong. And if you're being such a stickler for what's legal than he was still denied representation.
>>
>>82600225
>They started out tossing grenades into his room and shooting to kill.

"Cap, it's me your sidekick. The UN is getting ready."

"Cap, it's me, the black guy who flies. They're all over the place."

"Cap, it's me, You're obviously not paying attention so I'm going to the pub for a pint."

He had plenty of heads up that the room was going to be breeched and did -nothing- to head off confrontation. He could have had his sidekick tell the UN guys that Captain America was in the room. Or that a random guy was also in the room. He could have tossed his undoubtedly world famous shield out the window and yelled "yo, Captain America here, hold you fire".

Guess what? These are the UN guys so they would have taken that shit into consideration. Instead he just waits. And then kicks everyone in the dick instead of even attempting to stave off armed conflict, in a city by the way.
>>
>>82600635
He was trying to get some answers out of Bucky. And toss his shield? Leaving him vulnerable to those people with orders to shoot on sight?

Fucking please. Fact is they were trying to kill him and anyone in their way.
>>
>>82600635

Or they'd tell him to get the hell out of the way and/or arrest him for suiting up without being sanctioned by the UN. And then shoot Bucky.

It's amazing you have such stock in the MCU UN. They were too stupid to even notice Zemo's existance when he walked through their front door and left it, even after Tony points it out to them.

They wouldn't have cared.
>>
>>82600635
Cap became a criminal once he went after Bucky, because he didn't sign the accords he was basically a vigilante, while they might grant him some leeway out of respect the authorities were under no obligation to follow his commands, kind of why Rhodes immediately told him he's now a criminal.
>>
>>82600395
>That wasn't an option. Cap told Tony about Zemo. Tony didn't care or believe him.

Because Steve gave him no reason to believe him. Giving himself up and trusting in his not yet completely fucked team to see things through would have been the right call.

>>82600403
>Maybe not he himself but they did ask for one.

Your parent if you're a minor, legal custodian if you're an imbecile, or someone maybe with power of attorney can do that for you. Your old war buddy doesn't get to invoke your rights for you. Sorry.

>>82600547
>It's different because he is literally not the same person he was after those words are uttered where he's otherwise fine,

MPD exists and is a valid reason to claim not-guilty by reason of insanity or whatever. It's functionally very much the same.
>>
>>82600755
People can actually. Someone doesnt lose rights simply for not evoking them, they still should have offered if he himself did not demand them.

Sorry they're in the wrong as proven by the movie it's all their fault now.
>>
>>82600755
Unless you can point out some cases where MPD was the reason some people have been found not guilty of charges i'm going to have to call that bullshit. And still far different from fucking mind control.
>>
>>82600675
>Leaving him vulnerable to those people with orders to shoot on sight?

UN troops. Not with shoot Captain America on sight orders. He could have let them know he was in there in any number of different ways. he didn't even try.

>Fact is they were trying to kill him and anyone in their way.

Like they did ten minutes later when WM showed up and they, oh wait. They put him in a box.

>>82600684
>Or they'd tell him to get the hell out of the way and/or arrest him for suiting up without being sanctioned by the UN. And then shoot Bucky.

Sure thing. or they'd have reacted just like they did even after they took turns punching them all in the dick and put Bucky in a box, and not the plywood kind. They did take Bucky into custody when he was subdued. That means it was always an option. Because it happened exactly that way.

>>82600684
>They were too stupid to even notice Zemo's existance

They found Bucky in a day when the Avengers and Cap failed for months. Yeah, the UN in this world is a huge failure.

>>82600751
>Cap became a criminal once he went after Bucky, because he didn't sign the accords he was basically a vigilante

Here's the thing: they don't just shoot vigilantes. Also, like I said earlier, one of his many options was just saying that there was more than one person in the room. That would stave off any breeching operations for enough time for just about anyone to get there.

Like War Machine did ten minutes later.

>>82600751
>Rhodes immediately told him he's now a criminal.

Walking into a room and talking with someone isn't what made him a criminal. It was the beating down UN troops and stealing a car and apparently abetting a fugitive that made him a criminal.
>>
>>82600901
What happened afterward makes no difference when fact remains they were trying to kill him earlier. It's like you have no concept of time or space.
>>
>>82600804
>Someone doesnt lose rights simply for not evoking them

Just saying something doesn't make it true. You'll find that you actually have to invoke your right to remain silent. Look it up. You don't get to request a lawyer for someone else "just because". You just don't. The person has to request one.

>they still should have offered if he himself did not demand them.

You're speculating about stuff that we were never shown.

>>82600839
>i'm going to have to call that bullshit.

http://www.thejuryexpert.com/2014/08/novel-defenses-in-the-courtroom/

You can call bullshit, doesn't make it so.
>>
>>82600945
>It's like you have no concept of time or space.

And you have o concept between Cap laying in wait for the UN forces and him telling them he was in there and using words to stave off an armed confrontation in the middle of a city. (where yet more innocent bystanders can get killed which seems to be his MO.)

The fact remains that the UN was willing to take Bucky in alive once subdued and we know this because they very well did. Cap never even considered this option. He solves problems by hitting them. His biggest flaw is he never even thinks about there being another way.
>>
>>82601098
Because words werent going to solve anything, even when War Machine showed up it's only because he showed up in force ready to shoot. He didnt walk up and suggest that they stop. They had no reason to listen to Cap and were still on orders to kill and showed they were ready to. Capturing him alive was clearly not the main objective as was shown.
>>
>>82601158
>Because words werent going to solve anything,

There's no proof of this at all. A simple announcement that Bucky wasn't alone in the apartment would have staved off any bomb laden breech. The UN has rules of engagement and "kill (guy) on sight" doesn't mean "life's worthless kill em all and let god sort 'em out." (unless you're American.)
>>
>>82601046
And you doing a lazy google search doesnt make you right either. In none of the listed cases were MPD substantial enough to get them acquitted. If anything you pretty much proved that it's a weak excuse not on par with literal mind control. And also when apprehending a criminal the police have to inform you of your rights. They denied the right to a lawyer not only to cap but everyone else they caught.
>>
>>82595321
Team Iron Man.

Although, he would very much sympathise with Steve's loyalty to Bucky.
>>
>>82598846
>"you can't do this kind of shit without us anymore. You can't because people fucking died."

If she, cap, sam or widow weren't there stopping crossbones more people would've died. That is a fact. A fact the U.N choses to ignore.

They ran from the law because of a perceived threat that was still fucking with them at the time. The entire reason he's going against the U.N and causing all that collateral is because he doesn't trust the U.N and doesn't believe they'd let him do his thing which was supposed to be justified at the end of the movie since all his bullshit would've been paid off.

Bucky's name would be cleared of a political assassination, he would've proven that he wouldn't have gotten their in time if he fucked around with the U.N and didn't trial Bucky properly or give him a lawyer. Zemo was supposed to be hatching a plan to take over a country or something with super soldiers but instead, there was no nefarious plan and cap's side gets shit on.

The rest of the movie Tony's stance is constantly shit on. The governments fail to detain and stop Bucky who is triggered and released as TWS under their watch. They lock away heroes who were risking their lives to try and save the world or so they were led to believe. Similar organizations have been infiltrated and were literally HYDRA. They are supposed to answer to motherfucking Ross. Zemo fucked their shit up and the Gov didn't even know there was a Zemo (this played into Zemo's hands but he's a keikaku master so that's to be expected). Tony and Panther to even confront Zemo an ultimately bring him in had to go behind the backs of Ross.

The list just keeps going, also Scarlet Witch got detained for no reason after the civilian casualties. They weren't her fault and she did more good than bad overall. She has a handle on her powers and nothing was proven otherwise.
>>
>>82601228
When special forces types roll in they generally do have leeway to kill everyone in the room probably in any country, and Cap would not be considered just a benign civilian anyways, especially since they were in Germany.
>>
>>82601228
And there's no proof at all of your claim that announcing the situation would have prevented conflict.

I dont know how the fuck you are this far in denial. They were fucking trying to kill him. You cant argue this. What happened afterwards under entirely different circumstances is irrelevant.
>>
>>82599021
He answers to Odin, but when the time comes when he absolutely needs to take action, even if it defys Odin, he does it.

That's what we were arguing. When the Gov actually tries to tell Thor to do anything that is against what he thinks is just, he'll tell them to fuck off and he'd stomp anyone who tries bringing him in like he did against Tony in his comics.
>>
>>82601248
>weak excuse not on par with literal mind control.

Prove mind control. Go ahead. Do it. Name one test that cannot be faked in such a case.
>>
>>82600901
>They found Bucky in a day when the Avengers and Cap failed for months. Yeah, the UN in this world is a huge failure.

The UN didn't do jack at finding him. They found Bucky because thanks to the bombing he was all over the news and someone on the street recongized him.
>>
>>82601379
Why the fuck do i need to prove something that does not fucking exist outside the bounds of a work of fiction? That was the whole point. That it's something completely incomparable to anything we have to face.
>>
Thor's character arc throughout his movie appearances is about putting his pride aside to work with others for the greater good and attempting to have other do the same.

Thor 1: Attack on the snow giants led to his banishment and his brother's subsequent decent into outright villainy
Avengers: Starts the movie thinking humans can't handle what's coming, but defers to Captain America's leadership during the invasion
Thor 2: Starts the movie going on sanctioned peacekeeping missions throughout the Nine Realms. When his father goes grief-bonkers over Frigga's death, reversing their roles from the previous movie, Thor keeps his wits about him
Avengers 2: Is angry at Stark for going off on his own by experimenting the sceptre, but ultimately supports the creation of Vision because having him on the side of the Avengers is beneficial to a greater purpose

With all that in mind, he'd probably go with Team Iron Man since the Earth needs unity if they're to successfully defeat Thanos.
>>
>>82601255
>If she, cap, sam or widow weren't there stopping crossbones more people would've died. That is a fact. A fact the U.N choses to ignore.

Had they gone in with UN oversite and support maybe things would have gone better. A fact that you choose to ignore. They could mobilize a task force against Bucky with a quickness after all. Another special forces team, like Cap used to roll with a movie ago could have better contained the issue.

No one's saying they can't hero, it's that they're not free to hero where-ever whenever and not on their own. Say the UN was appraised of everything. Don't you think Moscow could have gotten someone to Siberia before Steve? Maybe even beat the guy there.

Steve trying to do everything on his own is not working. There's a death toll to prove it.
>>
>>82601432
Thor knows about Thanos now?
>>
File: Say_f60c0b_5466619.jpg (60 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
Say_f60c0b_5466619.jpg
60 KB, 500x669
>>82596589
>say no more
>>
>>82601435
>Had they gone in with UN oversite and support maybe things would have gone better.

No they would not. They'd have just gotten in the way. You think UN ground forces are a match for the kinds of badguys the Avengers go up against?
>>
>>82601404
>The UN didn't do jack at finding him.

You'll find that there's a difference between "sighted in (city)" and breeching the right apartment. Never mind getting dozens of soldiers there as quickly as they did. They were on the ball.

>>82601428
>Why the fuck do i need to prove something that does not fucking exist

If you can't think of any way to prove mind control in court, it's a weaker defense than MPD. You don't have to prove anything. I'll just take that as you admitting that you can't.
>>
>>82601551
You do know that you're asking me to prove something literally impossible, right?

That was the entire point of the exchange. I dont know where you got the idea that it was about anything else but that's on you.
>>
>>82601458
>You think UN ground forces are a match for the kinds of badguys the Avengers go up against?

They could have dropped something heavy on the door. Remember, Zemo had no powers.

Ninety percent of the guys in the "terrorist cell" at the beginning were just guys. Normal non-bullet proof guys. Hawkeye and Black Widow are just people too. They do pretty good.
>>
>>82601435
They might not have even be allowed to go in with U.N oversight. If you think U.N forces can stand a fucking chance against crossbones and his soldiers you haven't been paying attention. Maybe they would've been in the way like they normally are when it comes to the avengers.

Tony trying to do everything on his own didn't work. Steve doing everything on his own and going rouge in the last captain america literally saved the day. Like, him doing that resulted in a majority of the world not getting completely wiped out and him staying alive.

Say he had to deal with the U.N's shit when SHIELD were being run by fucking HYDRA? How do you think that plays out?

Tony tries to convince Ross that he has to go to that bunker but Ross tells him he doesn't believe him despite the physical evidence and tells him to fuck off an arrest the other two super soldiers who are literally trying to stop a international terrorist from having access to super soldiers. It was proven then and there that Ross wouldn't have listened to cap and would've sent bucky to sea prison with no trial or had him killed in his room (can't really kill him in front of cap and BP in the middle of the street when he's not resisting surrounded by eye witnesses). They were trying to make an example out of bucky not give people justice he was the scape goat.

It's like you are willfully ignoring who fucking Ross is and how much of a farce it is that they're supposed to answer to him.
>>
>>82601453
He knows about the Chitauri and the golden fist that's powered by magic singularity rocks.
>>
>>82601599
The whole reason the Avengers do anything they do is because it's a threat outside the bounds of regular enforcements. And Clint and Widow are stil heroes, normal or not. They dont have anyone like that on their side. And dont say some shit like how do i know they dont, everything against them so far as been nothing but conjecture.
>>
>>82601599
Hawkeye and black widow aren't "just people".

Hawkeye has INSANE non human accuracy and trick arrows. Black Widow was trained as a kid to be a spec ops killing machine that fucking OWNS espionage.

They could've fucked Zemo's shit up, but they, like Tony, wouldn't have been cleared to go get Zemo. The U.N would've sent no one an if they did send them and Zemo's original plan was releasing super soldiers they would've been fucked anyway. Instead, Bucky would've been sent to sea prison and that shit would be swept under the rug until Zemo did even MORE keikaku shit to grow even more of a rift in the avengers.
>>
Can I just say that the very concept of Rhodey and War Machine is an awful one and I'm greatly disappointed that they didn't pull the trigger on killing him in the airport scene?
>>
>>82596284
Except, and I think many people miss that part is, that there was no time for proper talking, since soon there would be a Winter Army on the loose.
>>
>>82601696
I think he was fine as the US's own pseudo-Avenger, and helps Tony when he does dick things to people like Ross, like putting him on hold for shits and giggles.
>>
>Accords come into force
>no effect on Thor as a representative of Asgard
>Thor sets up his own Asgardian Avengers there is no jurisdiction over and gives all the anti-reg Avengers a place on that team
>Tony starts drinking
>>
>>82599041
it's his fear and self doubt that has been growing that made him weak to government intervention.

he was the rebel that was tamed and cap is the good boy who learned to rebel.
>>
>>82601633
>They might not have even be allowed to go in with U.N oversight.

Then they don't go. They don't get to make the rules. You can't make a country accept foreign troops inside their borders. If there's nothing from stopping Captain America from turning your town into a war zone because he's worried about something worse happening elsewhere, to you he IS the bad guy you need protection from.

Sure, he might save millions from an attack elsewhere, but that's shallow recompense for a man like Zemo who lost his whole family.

>Steve doing everything on his own and going rouge in the last captain america literally saved the day.

Steve didn't have to fight the bad guys AND Tony. That's on Steve.

>Tony tries to convince Ross that he has to go to that bunker but Ross tells him he doesn't believe him

Well that sucks. Still beats living under team America rules where they can just blow up half your city whenever and go home for Schwarma.

You guys keep pretending that the UN in this world that build a giant floating prison, the same world that had flying battleships ad had an alien invasion just doesn't take shit seriously. There's been no reason to think that way.

Ross knows weird shit happens and spent years chasing weird shit around the globe (Banner). But now cause they're just going to do nothing whenever there's actionable intelligence.

This is a guy who invaded Brazil because of irradiated cola.
>>
>>82599349
I like that this post got ignored by the pro accord anon. Shows his willingness to ignore facts since they ruin his strawman
>>
>>82601934
It's pretty clear that he's just full of shit and trying to warp what happened to suit his case. At least he's dedicated to ignorance.
>>
The way they worded the accords, made it out to be that the UN would have control over THE AVENGERS. couldnt they ll just leave the avengers and be just fine?
>>
>>82596629
Underrated post
>>
>>82602038
It probably makes it clear that the Avengers consists of certain individuals. Otherwise yeah they could just leave and replace the Avengers with some hobos and be like "You wanted control of the Avengers, well there you go".
>>
>>82595685
Would Thor have tried to murder Falcon?
>>
>>82602038
That's problematic when you factor in one of them is the nominal ruler of the entire planet (Thor) and another is the Hulk. Realistically, such an accord would include an option to leave the avengers for people like banner and the clause that it only applies to people born on earth.

Then seperate legislature and a discussion of Thor's status would ensue and possibly take several years.
>>
>>82602038
They would have to be effectively 'retired' or be considered criminals.
>>
>>82595321
It never occured to me that Thor would side with anyone but Cap.

I'm more perplexed at who Banner would have sided with.
>>
>>82599349
>In literally every scenario the Avengers were involved in, they limited potential damage.

That doesn't matter. In the airport when they destroyed a multi-million dollar commercial airliner? People have to answer questions about that kind of shit.

They were involved in an incident where dozens of people died. Every other person on the planet takes that kind of incident apart and fixates a lot of effort on ensuring that it never happens again. Not the Avengers. They mope for a day then feel entitled to do whatever they want cause they can. In fact they act betrayed when they get put on mansion arrest afterwards.

>>82601934
I was posting in another thread.

>>82601668
>And Clint and Widow are stil heroes, normal or not.

But they're for the most part totally vanilla humans. That means that properly trained soldiers can have a part in what the Avengers do.

>>82601691
>Hawkeye and black widow aren't "just people".

They don't have enhanced strength. They're vanilla people with training. Sorry. Words kind of mean things. They're attractive people and very good at their jobs but they're at best below peak human as far as Marvel classifies people.

>>82601988

It's pretty clear that you guys are so fixated on the pretty colors and lights that you're missing a lot of implications.
>>
>>82602759
No it isnt and you're still wrong. Lay low for an hour or so again for your excellent rebuttal when everyone's already gone.
>>
>>82597391
You know that's just lip service, right?
>>
>>82602759
Widow and Clint are literally the best possible agents to exist. No other agent comes close in the MCU. Widow has gone blow for blow with the fucking winter soldier. Clint has taken down shit that no agent can and no one is even close to as accurate as him.
>>
>>82602773
>No it isnt and you're still wrong.

Did you know that using quotes helps people know which parts of a post you're replying to? Good luck with that.

>>82602822
>Widow and Clint are literally the best possible agents to exist.

They're regular vanilla people as far as Marvel classifies people. They're under peak human, I'm pretty sure. (peak human is Cap believe it or not)

Also, try better, like use a link or something. "Nuh uh" just looks sad really.
>>
>>82603069
It applies to the whole thing, so whatever.
>>
>>82596377
>stop imposing shit they can't enforce
Kek I read that in Thor's voice
>>
Thor would hold himself accountable to Asgard/Odin. I doubt he would give two shits about the UN or any earthly governing body, seeing as how he's been alive longer than half of them.
>>
>>82595321
Thor would be Team FUCK YOU IM A GOD I DONT OBEY PETTY MORTAL LAWS.
>>
>>82600540
When in the MCU did his laser thing melt vibranium?
>>
>>82597949
>they assumed he wouldn't believe them, and never bothered to explain it to him properly
This annoyed the shit outta me.

When they found out about the other super soldiers, and Bucky was being co-operative, and they got proof that he was framed, I was like "Oh okay, so CLEARLY they should go talk to each other calmly and explain what's going on, and put the registration thing aside for a bit and deal with the new super soldiers".

But they didn't. "Oh he'll never believe us" fucking bullshit, after all the shit they've been through?
>>
>>82597397
> framing a murderer for murder
>>
>>82596333

He's also think that the humans should be loyal to the authority figures.

He's probably beat up both parties and declare that the rules don't apply to him.
>>
>>82600292
>Maybe because they threw fucking grenades in their and started shooting at them?

Man, Cap really hates American, doesn't he? Getting that worked up over standard police procedures...
>>
>>82598519
Wasn't he dead in the comics?
>>
>>82596778
until he realize Ross is involve
>>
File: thor vs iron man.jpg (359 KB, 800x1214) Image search: [Google]
thor vs iron man.jpg
359 KB, 800x1214
>>82595321
Why don't we ask the comics?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQsEpCaIeVs
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.