[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's unlikely that Agent Carter will be renewed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: agent-carter-768.jpg (226 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
agent-carter-768.jpg
226 KB, 768x1024
Now that it's unlikely that Agent Carter will be renewed, what are your final thoughts on the series?
>>
enjoyably fun, especially since she's the only marvel leading lady i actually like.

But the over exaggerated misogyny and girl power motif could've been toned down a tad.
>>
First season had much better drama, but the overall story was thin.

Second season jacked up the narrative and had a better cast, I think, or at least a more diverse cast . . . but the consistent adding of "things that can go wrong" made the story feel bloated.
>>
>>82594817
>over-exaggerated misogyny
it was like... the 1940s, calling a woman a cunt was probably normal
>>
>>82594731
i thought she would do something relevant to the mcu like start up shield. but all she did is get a black boyfriend and stop that blackhole thing.
>>
>>82594817
>But the over exaggerated misogyny

If anything, the misogyny probably wasn't overt enough, given the time period.
>>
>>82594731
I liked it and its probably my favorite MCU TV show so far
>>
>>82595856
Not exactly a huge accomplishment.
>>
>>82594731
Needed more of Hayley Atwell's fine ass n tits.
>>
>>82594731
Pretty boring when it could've done a lot of interesting stuff. I do appreciate introducing Jarvis, though. I won't miss it or anything.
>>
It was very boring and had the worst Madame Masque.
>>
Made me miss Steve. They had a date
>>
i enjoyed the commitment to a short series with a larger over arching plot, which is a little rare for network tv

the overall quality and acting were great, season 2's story was a little disjointed but overall a good series
>>
>>82594731
Season 1 was a great show and companion piece to Cap 1 and actually makes the movie more enjoyable because the fight with the Red Skull becomes less important than the last call she made to Steve. You can feel the 2 adopted Russos' work throughout. Probably my favourite broadcast tv capeshow season (even more than the Flash S1), it just pushed my buttons in the right order.

Season 2 was boring and went nowhere, but it seemed to setup a nice third season where all the characters were at the point they could be used properly but it seems like it won't come. I don't want to call it fanfic, but it was a bit too topical for me.

Both seasons were slow as hell, and I don't mind slow, I actually enjoy slow so long as you get a payoff at the end, which S1 did and S2 didn't.

So 1 season would've been great, a 3rd season might have helped justify the 2nd one, but at this point I don't mind if they use different shows every year in the SHIELD break. Damage Control might be the next one.

Or dedicate 2 or 3 episodes of SHIELD to close the plot lines if the actors are interested.
>>
>>82599875
agreed on most of this

i also wouldnt mind if they just rotated the mid season break shows around (for example having agent carter come back in 2 years or something)
>>
File: sh05EXp.png (911 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
sh05EXp.png
911 KB, 1280x718
>>82594731
Carter is sexy and badass, Jarvis is funny as fuck but also scary in PUNISHED mode, the show had lots of campy comic fun.

Second season ended pretty lamely and they should have made the show about starting SHIELD itself. First season 8.5/10, second season 7.5/10.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.