[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...is Steve just going to start invading countries now? He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
So...is Steve just going to start invading countries now? He didnt sign the accords because he wanted to be able to act unilaterally without any oversight or consent(which is ironic because thats the same shit america was founded on to begin with) like what happens when Steve personally decides Saudi Arabia or Ghana or China are "bad guys" and wants to throw his flying god robot at them. Cap wants to hold the world ransom to his morality, such villianous bullshit.

But whenever Superman gets interventionist its all NO BOTTLES. Cap leads a super insurgency of living wmds and assholes fap over it.

Its all cool until you're the one the rouge super soldier with his private god army is going to enforce his one man view of "justice" on.
>>
>>82586363
>what happens when Steve correctly decides Saudi Arabia or Ghana or China are "bad guys"
well shit that would just be terrible
>>
>>82586363
I wonder which countries didn't sign the accords? I hope canadas not one of those who didn't
>>
Actually I'm pretty sure his entire point for not wanting to sign was to avoid the UN and Ross making them do shit like "invade" troublesome countries.

Also the vision is not allied with captain america.
>>
File: 1462302547050.jpg (131 KB, 1046x769) Image search: [Google]
1462302547050.jpg
131 KB, 1046x769
>>82586363
>So...is Steve just going to start invading countries now?
Only the ones without freedom.
>>
Why does everyone seem to conveniently forget that he was almost convinced to sign up until Tony revealed that they were keeping Wanda prisoner.
>>
>>82588155

He was put in a corner he couldn't get out of at that point and Tony was asking as a personal favor.
>>
>>82588040
The Accords don't allow the UN to FORCE them to act, it PREVENTS them from acting without UN consent. So in other words, if Saddam Hussein is gassing Kurds and the Avengers want to stop him the UN can say "No" and the Avengers have to stay home. But by that same token, the UN can't say "Avengers, go topple Saddam" and make them do it if they don't want to.
>>
>>82586363
Captain America: World Police
>>
>>82588301
Steve implied that it went both ways. He said something like "What if we should act, and can't? What if they ask us to do something we shouldn't?"
>>
File: Invaders.jpg (377 KB, 1100x759) Image search: [Google]
Invaders.jpg
377 KB, 1100x759
>>82586363
>is Steve just going to start invading countries now?
I wish.

But seriously, no. He just doesn't want to sit around waiting for a committee to decide where he can do the most good.
>>
>>82588301
Yes they can, Anon. Steve specifically brings that up.
>>
>>82589136
>He just doesn't want to sit around waiting for a committee to decide where he can do the most good.

This. This. So much this.
If Cap just sat around waiting to be told what to do he'd have passed through the entirety of WWII without seeing any action. The US military only wanted to use him as a promotional tool.
>>
>>82589842
But he got to punch Adolf Hitler like 87 times
>>
>>82589940
All the more reason he's a true hero. He gave up the chance to slug Hitler in the jaw every single night in order to fight the real fight.
>>
File: x_0028.jpg (656 KB, 648x1000) Image search: [Google]
x_0028.jpg
656 KB, 648x1000
THE WORLD MUST BE FREE FROM AMERICA'S GRIP

You should all listen to the Iron Nail. This guy has his priorities straight.
>>
When cap goes into whichever country he wants with whatever weapons he wants to exert his own agenda, I dunno, that doesn't seem right.
On the other hand, the un is notorious for not being able to agree on anything, so again, I dunno.
Anyone else on the fence here?
>>
>>82586363
Would you really care about this if Cap was just a standard action hero?

Would you care about Jason Bourne stealthing into a country to stop something bad from happening and kicking the shit out of a bunch of dumbass CIA/Mossad/DGSI/whatever agents standing in his way? Or Solid Snake?

Shit, would you care if it was Cyclops and a team of X-Men?
>>
>>82592532
If the story is about personal freedom vs democratic oversight, yes. Otherwise, no.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.