[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I gave up on the marvel universe, after superior spiderman, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: New_DC_logo.png (64 KB, 842x1206) Image search: [Google]
New_DC_logo.png
64 KB, 842x1206
I gave up on the marvel universe, after superior spiderman, even the stuff that came afterwards didn´t made me return. Started reading batman and dropped it during the issue with jokers sliced off face. Has batman gotten better since then? I want to find a reason to enjoy and read superhero comics again.
>>
File: x_0077a.jpg (2 MB, 1039x1881) Image search: [Google]
x_0077a.jpg
2 MB, 1039x1881
>>82581635
>I want to find a reason to enjoy and read superhero comics again.
Best solution: read something else and take a break.
>>
>>82581635
Go read older stuff.
>>
But Death of the Family was genuinely good anon if you not a sensitive faggot bitch...
Be better then sensitive faggot bitches anon....
>>
Read something that's not Batman?
>>
File: xavier laugh.png (291 KB, 261x502) Image search: [Google]
xavier laugh.png
291 KB, 261x502
>>82581843
>Death of the Family
>genuinely good
>>
>>82581793
Seconding this.
>>
>>82581843
I only read it up until the sliced off face scene. You´re saying that it became good later on?
>>
Just read whatever good comic you come across.
Company/brand loyalty is fucking stupid and creatives come and go.

There's a lifetime of good superhero material in the past and plenty of good stuff every year. Just...stop thinking of comic as companies and stop caring about overarching continuity.
>>
>>82581962
So this was a ruse thread? Shitposting general?
>>
>>82582109
No, I´m genuine. Dropped it there, which is why I was asking if batman has gotten better.

Anyway, I´m going to follow the suggestions the anons made above in the thread. Thanks and sorry for the inconvience.
>>
>>82581635
Read Ms. Marvel . It's been one of the few good Marvel books. Wait for Rebirth to start those Superhero comics might be good.
>>
Death of The Family and the Joker's face was stupid.
It got better, and when Jim Gordon was Batman, it was pretty neat.
Bu now Snyder's off the main book and Tom King is taking over.
>>
>>82582559
>Jim Gordon was Batman
JIM GORDON WAS BATMAN?
The fuck? You are kidding, right?
Going to check per google now. That ought to be a ruse.
>>
>>82581726
I've wanted to read Resident Alien for a while now. How is it?
>>
You should read Rogues Rebellion.

There's a brief summary on the characters and the events taking place during the book that will help you understand it, so you don't even have to read the rest of Forever Evil if you don't want to.

Anyway, without spoiling too much, it's like The Warriors, except with Flash's Rogues. It's nothing ground breaking, but it is enjoyable.
>>
>>82582733
The Rogues are pretty enjoyable since they actually seem to enjoy each other's presence instead of just working with each other to take down the Big Guy.
>>
>>82582985
That being said, the Rogues in the Rebellion arc are going through a rough patch and are not that happy with one another at that point.
>>
I came here to post this:
>>82581793
big 2 has no use for creative integrity anymore, they're just desperate to stay relevant in an age of movies
>>
>>82582654
From the start of the DCYou campaign to just recently. Bruce came back two issues ago in Batman, and Jim likely had his last story in Detective this month.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.