[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prerequisite to watching Civil War?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
DC fag here. I have never really cared about the MCU but for some reason I really want to see Civil War. The only phase films I've seen are Iron 1 and some of 2 and the hulk (what's the deal with counting this one and Edward Norton anyway?).

My question is can I go ahead and hop right into CW? I mean I already know the characters and by the looks of the trailers all these movies seem to be episodic.
>>
>>82581275
Winter Soldier and AoU, especially Winter Soldier.
>>
You have to watch Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier.
>>
>>82581305
>>82581327
Damn like clockwork. I'll start off with these first and then see if I care to go back and see any others before CW. Thanks bros.
>>
You should probably watch the first Avengers, too.
>>
>>82581305
I reckon watching Captain America 1 too
>>
>>82581446
No problem.

Those two are essential, but you'll probably appreciate CW even more if you see Cap 1 and Avengers 1 too.
>>
Essential: Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron

Should watch: Cap 1, Avengers

Iron Man tier, for his backstory: Iron Man 1 - 3

Non-essential but featuring side characters: Ant-Man, Iron Man 2 (Black Widow), Incredible Hulk (Thaddeus Ross).

Unnecessary: Thor 1 and 2, GotG.
>>
>>82581570
Nice got it. General consensus seems to be the same so I'll definitely go this route. Not in any rush to to see CW so I don't mind taking my time to go back and see the other films I just didn't want to end up getting burned out feeling like I had to watch every single one before CW to get the most out of it. Thanks for the help anons.
>>
>>82581275
many movies tie into civil war, but i think if you were going to pick one, it should be winter soldier.
>>
>>82581275

Super Essential: Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron

Pretty Essential: Iron Man 1 & 2, Avengers

If you have the time: Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, the First Avenger

Unneeded: Thor 1 & 2, GotG.

Thor 1 & 2 and GotG only matter next yer, if Thor Ragnarok is your thing.

I'm not counting the Incredible Hulk since Ross was a pretty throwaway character.
>>
File: hurt locka.jpg (76 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
hurt locka.jpg
76 KB, 900x506
>>82581275
>>82583522
Oh yeah and

Unrelated, but super recommended if you have time tier:

Hurt Locker and Deadpool

Hurt Locker pretty much gives the backstory as to Hawkeye and Falcon's motivations, and why both of them stick to Cap's side.

Deadpool is not officially set in the MCU, but certain clues forward the idea that movie could easily take place in the MCU if you just remove the word "mutant". A certain plot element in both Deadpool and the First Avenger is pretty relevant to Civil War.
>>
File: 1462293616190.gif (27 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1462293616190.gif
27 KB, 195x195
>mfw more and more people are asking how they should watch the MCU/where to start with the MCU/essential movies to watch for movie X
>mfw we're going to have MCU watching lists and rec lists soon
Just like muh comics.
>>
>>82583600
Its a dream come true.

The movies are finally like the comics.
>>
>>82583687
First we need a relaunch to truly make it like the comics.
>>
File: based evans.jpg (133 KB, 700x398) Image search: [Google]
based evans.jpg
133 KB, 700x398
>>82583726
It will come. One thing at a time.
>>
>>82583898

Is that Tim Olyphant in the middle?
>>
File: spawn campers.jpg (303 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
spawn campers.jpg
303 KB, 1160x979
>>82583898
>>
File: based evans 2.jpg (115 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
based evans 2.jpg
115 KB, 630x400
>>82584101
Please.

Evans is comfier than fakebusters
>>
>>82581275
As a DC fag, you should stick with your shit tier garbage on television and the Zack Snyder garbage.
>>
If you want the ultimate appreciation, watch them all in this order. (HULK 2003 IS NOT MARVEL OR CANON. THE INCREDIBLE HULK HOWEVER, IS.)

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War

If you simply want the shortest route:

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.