[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all of these sudden revivals of 90's and early-00's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1387822509153s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1387822509153s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>all of these sudden revivals of 90's and early-00's era shows
Whatever happened to originality? I'm as happy as the next guy that Samurai Jack is coming back, but can we get some new cartoons, please? I feel like western animation is headed into the same sort of pathetic nostalgic pandering that comic books are. Do we really want a stagnant western animation industry?
>>
Nostalgia has ruined the 2010s
>>
>>82576433

That seems to be a trend with Japanese animation as well. Saying this is purely a Western problem isn't accurate.
>>
>>82576433
>can we get some new cartoons, please?
here are your new cartoons pham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fw_rSPaQQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFKRo5CxhA
>>
>>82576433
Networks realize how millenials love nostalgia, since they're dreading the sudden responsibilities of adulthood and the weight of the world they turn to old cartoons to remember the good old times when they didn't have much to worry about, and they want to make bank off that.

A lot of times they think they can slap the name onto some show without really putting effort into what made the show timeless and interesting and the nostolgia glasses will do all the work. But of course people are able to look past that and call out a terrible show when they see one, but a lot of networks haven't realized that yet.
>>
>>82576447
When it comes to cartoons, sure.

>>82576469
Is it? I don't pay that much attention to anime.
>>
File: NostalgiaGogglesForAnts.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
NostalgiaGogglesForAnts.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>82576433
It's starting to get out of hand in most mainstream media outlets now. Whatever is not a sequel or direct follow-up to something else is now a reboot/adaptation, which will probably also be expected to have a couple of sequels to its name as well.

Stagnation and creative inbreeding seems to be the status quo these years. It's what has allowed the concept of things such as all these recent cinematic cape universes to thrive...
>>
>>82576911
Seriously, it's been ridiculous.

When's the last time we've gotten a new major cinema franchise that wasn't adapted from anything from another medium? Besides Avatar.
>>
File: 129b.jpg (41 KB, 525x344) Image search: [Google]
129b.jpg
41 KB, 525x344
>early 00s

We all know what's next!
>>
>>82576433
western animation will continue to stagnate so long as the leading distributors heavily favor low-continuity comedy shows that can be aired out of order.

The only out is to either get your own distribution company, become a patron of the arts and fund projects out your own pocket, or make things yourself and suffer the costs
>>
>>82577850
Zootopia?
>>
>>82577927
I thought Zootopia was based off a video game?

Also if we're going there, I guess Frozen?
>>
File: it's good.png (280 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
it's good.png
280 KB, 500x253
>Everything old being brought back is nostalgia pandering.
>Everything new is tumblr bullshit
>>
>>82576575
Nostalgia is the worst emotion. There has never anything worth getting nostalgic about, ever. Specially in the fucking age where it's complete bullshit to be nostalgic about anything, because you can just fucking look it up online.

All these shows are cashing in on a nostalgia that shouldn't even be there in the first place.
>>
>>82578791

Most people don't think about this sort of shit beyond the effort it takes to share a picture about how good the 90's were on facebook.

You're definitely in the minority if you actually get off your ass and try to find and watch some shit you liked as a kid.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.