[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Spidey-runs? I really love early USM and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 792APnKQ.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
792APnKQ.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
What are the best Spidey-runs? I really love early USM and I've been thinking about rereading Strazynski, haven't read it for years - does it hold up?

What are everyones favourite Spidey-storylines? Mine is probably the six arms saga.

Also, what's been happening in the Spider-comics since Superior?
>>
File: ASM230_26.jpg (277 KB, 992x1472) Image search: [Google]
ASM230_26.jpg
277 KB, 992x1472
>>82546429
>does it hold up
In my opinion, yes.
I recommend the original by Lee and Ditko/Romita if old doesn't bother you, anything by Roger Stern or J.M. DeMatteis. Anything Spider-Man related by Zeb Wells and Spider-Man: Fever

>What are everyones favourite Spidey-storylines?
Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut is my personal favourite.

Can't answer the last question because I stopped caring around Spider-Island.
>>
>>82546429
it's been pretty meh after Superior, there was Spider-verse and then some filler before Secret wars. Now he's fighting Zodiac and juggling that with managing Parker Industries

have a bump bc I need some recommended runs too
>>
>>82546429
I think Gerry Conway's run can get delightfully dilly like the Doc Ock/Aunt May Marrage and ghost hammer head but over all its a really solid and mature run. Specifically the original clone saga (143-151) was very suspenseful and significant with the plot juxtaposeing very well with the romantic (sub) plot.
I also love most of J.M.Demathis's run, Tom Defalco's run and JMS's stuff is mostly good I think.
>>
>>82546719
>>82548966

too add to you guys' lists I liked Michelinie's run and also there's Marvel Adventures Spider-Man

if you dig the old stuff look for Marvel Team-Up and The Spectacular Spider-Man loved the Peter David and Mantlo issues

for some of the turn oof the century issues I'll go with Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider man and the one Matt Kindt did I think it got reprinted as Marvel Knights: Spider-Man: Fight Night also check out Jenkins' stuff

random stuff
Spider-Man Versus Wolverine vol 1 #1
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine
Spider-Man Noir & Eyes Without A Face
Spider-Man: Spirits of the Earth
Spider-Man: Blue
Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky
Amazing Spider-Man: Parallel Lives
Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure
Spider-Man & Jay Leno: One Night Only
Spider-Man/Human Torch: I'm With Stupid
>>
>>82546429
As for the current direction, Peter is written so poorly that the only was I can rationalize him as the same character is by saying his wealth made him an actual asshole. There was a multiversal crossover directly after superior where they had to save every spider-man ever and now we still have to deal with the reproductions of meanwhile no lasting consequences from the superior era except for the contrivance of Black Cat super villain and Parker Industries. Now it's 8 months later and Peter Parker is a house hold name comparable to Tony Stark except no one knows he's spider-man. He's also fighting the Zodiac like someone says. He hangs out in China most days now
>>
>>82549951
Sounds kinda shit. Is MJ still in the book?
>>
I haven't read anything Spiderman past JMS, anything good?
>>
File: Negative Exposure 5-03.jpg (388 KB, 1200x1838) Image search: [Google]
Negative Exposure 5-03.jpg
388 KB, 1200x1838
>>82549397
>Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure
My nigga. Criminally underrated mini.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-09-01-28-11.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-09-01-28-11.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Favorite Spidey books?
Maximum Carnage
The Gauntlet
Civil War tie ins
Spider-Man: Back in Black
New Ways to Die
Avenging Spider-Man
Spider Island
Ends of the Earth
Marvel Knights: Spider-Man
Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
Spider-Men
Spider-Man: Reign
>>
>>82551291
>Marvel Knights: Spider-Man
Millar's or the one where Marco Rudy was an artist?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-13-16-58-46.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-13-16-58-46.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>>82551316
Millar's, I'm a sucker for how he wrote the villains and Black Cat
>>
Also, OP, Spider-Man and Deadpool by Joe Kelly has been the best Spider-Man book being printed today
>>
can't go wrong with Lee/Ditko/Romita
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.