[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your onion on the Multiversity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
What's your onion on the Multiversity?
>>
>>82544778
3deep5me.
>>
File: 4106926-punch+of+death!!.png (1 MB, 1113x935) Image search: [Google]
4106926-punch+of+death!!.png
1 MB, 1113x935
>OP here

I REALLY liked Doc Fate's Earth, and wans a World's finest with him and sweater vest Pratt

>>82544788
I lose some of the details, but loved the individual stories
>>
>>82544778
I expected it to be better.
>>
i loved it, especially Thunderworld and the idea behind Ultra, never before has a comic scared me like that
>>
threads were better than the stories
>>
>>82544931
All the different Pax storytimes were amazing
>>
>>82544778
First time i've bought floppies in years
>>
File: open this spoiler.jpg (109 KB, 799x539) Image search: [Google]
open this spoiler.jpg
109 KB, 799x539
>>82544931
>>
>>82544931

Yeah but thanks to Ultra I consider the threads part of the story
>>
>>82544931
i missed the threads, how did people reacted to Ultra comics?
>>
>>82544778
Red onion on a burger, preferably
>>
Pretty good. I love the multiverse and I wish more people worked on it. There's so much potential here, but it seems like Morrisons's the only one who cares about this.
>>
>>82544778
>onion

I'm fucking dead
>>
It was really cool for the most part but the nazi issue kind of irked me...
>>
>>82545800
>muh safespace
>>
>>82545729
Pretty much. I was hoping that at least one of the Rebirth ongoings would actually focus on one of the new Earths.
>>
>>82545065
You mean you're a newfag not that you missed them
>>
>>82545800
Why though? It was basically Red Son meets WHTMOT
>>
>>82545811
Your mum is safespace. I didn't like issue because I thought it was the weakest one storywise and because certain things were done in poor taste, like the "Arbeit macht frei" sign. It could have been and has been done better.
>>
>>82545869
Or maybe i simply wasn't paying attention to the threads? Maybe i only started catching up later? No need to have a brain fart there anon
>>
>>82545896
It's okay if you're a newfag. No need to get so defensive
>>
>>82545936
if you think so them its pointless to argue
>>
>>82545893
>muh safe space
>>
The Just Rebirth when?
>>
>>82546074
Hopefully never.
>>
>>82544778
>Onion has layers
>Multiversity has layers
>There are layers between the fictional world and ours that the Gentry breached to fuck the comic world and the Justice Incarnate breached to fuck us up.

OP Planned this.
>>
>>82546117
Is OP trying to imply that Morrison is an ogre?
>>
>>82544778
remember reading a comics with that title where it happened in an utopian future where superheroes where treated like celebrities and they were the children of the regular heroes, like Batman was Damian Wayne, Superman was Kon-el, etc except for the Atom who was still Ray Palmer for some reason
>>
>>82546271
this one?
>>
>>82546132
Well he IS scottish
>>
>>82546372
Yep it's this one, thanks anon.
>>
>>82546372
>JUST
Pretty apt, given what the Gentry do.
>>
>>82546384
>>82546132
I think you guys are onto something.
>>
>>82544778
I still don't really get Pax Americana. I've seen people's explanations of it, and they make sense, but I'm still not really sure how I was suppose to go from what we got to:

>the president was going to have the atom resurrect him Jesus style

I guess the Gentry stopped the plan by getting the scientists to get rid of the Captain Atom, and Captain Atom just let them because he was an even worse Dr. Manhattan? But what was the guy who killed Nora O'Rourke? And why? Based on the metal arms, he seems to show up in other parts in the story (kills the scientists who killed Captain Atom and interrogates Peacemaker, but I don't think we ever get a shot of his face.

And checking again, his metal arms seem different than Nora's murderer. The murderer pretty clearly has sleek robot arms, while the guy who kills the scientists and interrogates Peacemaker seems to have arms like Colossus and can turn the metal on and off. Of course, going back makes the President's plan easier to see on the page. I should probably just reread all of Multiversity.

Anyway, Pax had A+ paneling.
>>
>>82547919
Go to the bridge scene. Captain Atom says that he knows that the scientists can't kill him. Harley probably knows the machinations of the Gentry along with their eventual failure as well, although it's not essential information to know on Harley's part. If Captain Atom is to be believed, sometime after the events of Pax Americana the resurrection will occur.

Alternatively, another interpretation is that Captain Atom is affected by the Gentry upon reading Ultra Comics before his black hole assassination. Given that he's somewhat atemporal, a case could be made that the gentrified Captain Atom planted the algorithm 8 in young Harley's mind, knowing that Harley will want to get assassinated. Nora discovers the truth of algorithm 8, that it was a lie all along, and has to be silenced.

I believe Morrison stated in interviews that Captain Atom did in fact come back to resurrect Harley, so the first reading is probably what he intended.

There are two guys with metal arms, one you see interrogating Peacemaker, which is Sarge Steel. The guy assassinating Nora has two metal arms instead of Sarge's one, so people have speculated that he's Iron Arms, another Charlton character. The point is that both these guys probably work with VP Eden against Harley.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.