[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read this all /co/ and some of you lied. This was not confusing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: final_crisis.jpg (907 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
final_crisis.jpg
907 KB, 1024x768
So I read this all /co/ and some of you lied. This was not confusing or complex at all like the ways you said it would be. Nearly everything was clear and even if there was something not exactly clear it got to the point of it somewhere later down the line. For my first Morrison it was not so complex that I needed to do research of all DCology. Is it really only praised because of Batman's death?
>>
Morrison fans want to believe they're somehow better than other comic fans so they rused you into thinking there was something so complex and profound hidden in their funny book.
>>
File: 1459867408520.png (99 KB, 219x198) Image search: [Google]
1459867408520.png
99 KB, 219x198
>>82539217
>>
Okay so here's what happened.

This was released with a crucial part of the story, Superman Beyond 3D, as a tie in book. It shouldn't have been, and the story was later entered into the big FC omnibus.

This, along with "lol didn't read" syndrome, led to Final Crisis getting a reputation for being this occult, esoteric monster of a story when it wasn't. You just had to pay attention and the fact of the matter is a lot of people didn't.
>>
>>82539217
Except they don't. It's mostly retards that claim his books are too complex to understand. Then they turn into haters and accuse him of being pretentious in order to hide their inabilities. Morrison fans usually just get excited by the continuity references and by trying to annotate every message he tries to convey. It's not complicated, it's just dense. Just like you.
>>
What kind of nerd actually reads comic books anyways?
>>
File: 1462201737884.jpg (36 KB, 476x353) Image search: [Google]
1462201737884.jpg
36 KB, 476x353
>>82539370
>What kind of nerd actually reads comic books anyways?

No one reads comics on /co/ but me, apparently. Everyone else just complains about them.
>>
>>82539370
Shut up, Goyer.
>>
>>82539187
>So I read this

Bingo. Don't listen to /co/, 99% of people here don't read comics so they make meme opinions like >>82539217
>>
>>82539454
I still enjoyed it. It wasn't a god awful shitfest I was just more amused that it wasn't overall that complicated as I was led to believe.

>>82539293
I liked the Superman Beyond plot with Mandrakk better than the Darkseid plot desu
>>
>>82539370
Zach pls
>>
So far, I haven't read Final Crisis but I read other Morrison comics like Flex Mentallo.and Multiversity. Both have been a delight to me.
>>
Can we have and hypercrisis thread?
>>
>>82539973
All threads are by nature Hypercrisis threads.
>>
>>82539187
Nah, pretty sure the average person on /co/ just has piss-poor reading comprehension
>>
>>82539187
>This was not confusing or complex at all like the ways you said it would be. Nearly everything was clear and even if there was something not exactly clear it got to the point of it somewhere later down the line.

Welcome to Morrison, where both his supporters and detractors will claim his books are complex in spite of reality.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.