[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Comic story ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 18
File: KAL EL'S UNDIES ARE NOT BLUE.jpg (93 KB, 597x534) Image search: [Google]
KAL EL'S UNDIES ARE NOT BLUE.jpg
93 KB, 597x534
No rules, no regulations, just post story ideas, no matter how long or short they are, or whether they're based on something or not.

I had an idea for a story that would be a new origin story for Deathstroke, similar to what "Heart Of Ice" did for Mr. Freeze. It would establish Slade as an actual character the audience can feel for, and you watch as he turns from honorable soldier to hired killer. I'll post the synopsis if y'all are interested.

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 367x332
Post it.

Also, by posting it you consent to me stealing it for my fan fiction novel about tarzan
>>
>>82535450
shit dude, i had an idea about a comic involving tinder for fighting but later figured it's a stupid idea.
i even made a Comic as bad as chris chan about it
>>
>>82535450
I had an idea a long time ago about the world after a war between Heaven and Hell. Vampires are essentially souls that got rejected during the war, and Zombies are the dead that got resurrected without their souls during the war.
The comic would take place 5 years later, starring a vampire and a human who worked together as freelancer zombie killers who would rid communities of the zombies in exchange for goods. Turns out too that zombies bleed an ectoplasm that is essentially vegan food for vampires.
The comics would also feature a banished angel who makes a deal with god to kill the vampire, because god considers them a reminder of his biggest mistake (starting the war in the first place). Eventually this decision causes the boys to be employed by Satan, who doesn't care about anything more now than pissing god off.

Also on the table would be wayward souls that can possess bodies, angels mutated by radiation, a small group of revolutionist hippy demons, a purple-eyed soothsayer that is mute but sees all that has been and will be, and spirit animal mongoose name Carlton.

The thing is though, the idea felt less appealing to me over time when zombies and the apocalypse became more and more oversaturated.
>>
I've recently had this idea (probably not original) of making the Teen Titans the first heroes of Earth, who later train the founding members of the Justice League.

It's less of a "this would make for a great story" thing, as opposed to a "this would explain the DC universe WAY better".
>>
File: okay.jpg (201 KB, 736x1117) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
201 KB, 736x1117
>>82535450
I like the Villains switch them up stories.

Batman = the flash rogue gallery
Superman = Green lantern villains.
Green lantern = superman villains
Wonder-woman = batman rogue gallery.
Martian manhunter = Captain marvel villians
Captain marvel = Teen titans villians.
>>
There is a cat that becomes a ninja at night and he eats ramen. He's orange and lives in Japan.
:3
>>
>>82535680
I always wanted to see Superman have a big showdown with Hector Hammond and Sinestro.
>>
>>82535644
>The thing is though, the idea felt less appealing to me over time when zombies and the apocalypse became more and more oversaturated.
The zombies and the apocalypse was the deal breaker? Not the recycled use of Angels vs Demons/Heaven vs Hell war? Or the noble monster, fallen angel angle?
>>
You know what.
i'm going to make a shitty Comic book right now of something stupid.
Keep the thread alive
>>
>>82535450
A powerful psychic/empath who doesn't have full control over her powers feels it everytime someone thinks lewd thoughts about her. And when I say feels it, I mean she feels what the person is thinking about doing to her. But she's not a cunt who makes a big deal about it. Instead she becomes a recluse. Hijinx ensue when she's called upon to save the world.
>>
>>82535689
You're probably referencing something else but outside of the ramen and ninja part that's Samurai Pizza Cats.
>>
>>82535450
Frank Castle and Eddie Brock (still Venom) share sewer space in New York. Both assume the other is a homeless vagrant like themselves.

Over the run they start to slowly get hints that the other's not who they seem (Frank leaves his Punisher shirts everywhere - honestly they're his only shirts, and Eddie gets caught talking to himself a LOT), but never really act on it because they don't want to hurt someone who is most likely just fucking weird and they're honestly starting to enjoy each others' company somehow.

Basically, Frank and Eddie act paranoid in the sewer and lift together in between killing people violently.
>>
Bedouin living in the time of Muhammad gets ghost powers from clothes, becomes a servant of Death to fix things when shit goes wrong with things related to dying and death
>>
>>82535553
Alright here goes. I'll take any criticism and commentary

The story begins December 2, 1990, where Slade Wilson is a member of a team of Marines tasked with liberating a small village from the terrorist group, Onslaught, in a joint operation with British SAS. The group is ambushed, and a firefight begins, where the operatives discover that the terrorists have more top-of-the-line weaponry than they expected. Slade saw a British SAS agent named William Wintergreen trapped under rubble, and he saves him. A grenade explodes, sending a piece of shrapnel into Slade’s eye and he blacks out.
>>
>>82535803
Wouldn't she just CHAAAAAAAARRRGHLES every time someone let alone a large mob of armed killers thought of killing her?
There are paraplegics more useful than that.
>>
>>82535865
After the battle, Slade is transported to Wolfman Army Hospital, where his eye is removed on December 4. On December 7, he is approached by Amanda Waller and is given a proposal to be part of an experiment called Project Terminator, allow Slade to be a soldier, despite his disability. With the serum, it would be like he still has two eyes. Not only that, but it would also drastically increase his reaction time, processing speed, muscular and cardiovascular strength, and coordination. Waller claims that he’d be home with his family in time for Christmas for a year long break before returning to work as a soldier in an elite black-ops team called Checkmate. However, even during his break, he’d have to take weekly training sessions.
>>
>>82535765
Kind of meant it all but thanks, shitdick.
>>
Told as urban legends that started in the 60s, it's the story of a nameless driver that cruises around Arizona in a Dodge Dart Super Stock and does favours in exchange for gas.
In this one, it’s about that time he went and fucked up a biker gang’s shit because an old guy got him to deliver the bikers some crates that turned out to be empty and so the gang scratched his car (think what Cross does at the start of Need For Speed Most Wanted). The driver doesn’t like it when people scratch his car, so he chases them as they chase the old man and kills them all.
>>
>>82535450
I had an idea where a group of teenagers get abducted by aliens. Some shit happens and they grow up in intergalactic civilization.
Most of the story takes place with them as adults, running into each other again years after going their separate ways.
>>
>>82535765
>Noble monster

Except no one was meant to be noble. The point was survival, not morality.
>>
>>82535902
It would be a comedy series. But otherwise, you're probably right.
>>
>>82535905
On December 17, he is injected with the serum at an underground facility at Edwards Air Force Base in California. The serum works, and Slade becomes a super soldier. He is also introduced to Lex Luthor, a prodigy inventor who built his own major corporation from the ground-up. Lex explains that he designed a special suit for Slade from an extremely strong, yet extremely light metal that Lex discovered from a meteorite that he calls Lexium, even though on the metal’s homeworld of Thanagar, it is known as Nth. Although it’s main color is pitch black with orange highlights, it has detachable plates made from a super strong plastic that can allow for different types of colors and camouflages for different environments.
>>
File: dodge dart superstock 1.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
dodge dart superstock 1.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>82535921
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 12041_1.jpg (80 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
12041_1.jpg
80 KB, 728x409
>>82535834
No its my idea and my cat is a real cat during the day, and at night goes on ninja adventures in japanese city fighting crime and helping other pets in need -__-
>>
>>82535961
Slade goes to sleep so he can be flown to his home in Minnesota the next day. When he arrives there, he reunites with his family once again, and they can spend Christmas together.

On December 12, 1991, Slade Wilson arrives back at the Edwards Military Base over in California, where he meets his fellow Checkmate members, as well as Wintergreen, who volunteered to work behind the scenes as his informant. Slade quickly befriends Wade Eiling, a Texan with the codename of “Shaggy Man”. After meeting his fellow operatives, Amanda Waller assigns Slade his new codename; Deathstroke.
>>
>>82536011
The next issue begins on February 16, 1992, and the Slade is receiving a briefing for his fifth mission as a part of Checkmate. Checkmate has been assigned to infiltrate a large outpost and find out who has been sending them top of the line weaponry. On February 21, they infiltrate the outpost and they discover documents mentioning an organization called HIVE. After escaping the camp, they fly back to America, where they report back to Amanda Waller. Waller requests that the government search all of their files and search for any information of HIVE. They find nothing.

Wintergreen however, has criminal connections, and might know someone who knows at least a little bit about HIVE. One February 26, Wintergreen finally finds someone.
>>
>>82535865
>>82535905
>>82535961
>>82536011
>>82536073
Okay, wait, seriously, why are these broken up?
If it's this elaborate yet divided why not save the text as an image? You'd only have to post once or twice.
>>
>>82536073
One of his mafia contacts called him and claimed to know about HIVE. They were apparently a secret terrorist organization, who very few know the true motives are. All people know, is that they have been funding terrorist and criminal organizations for decades, and some say that they have possibly infiltrated several governments.

On March 9, Checkmate enters the otherwise-peaceful Middle Eastern nation of Bialya to help quell Onslaught fighters who have suddenly appeared. While on the mission, a mysterious man shows up and starts helping Onslaught, killing two checkmate members. They are all ordered to retreat, but Slade stays back to fight the man, whom he recognizes as the figure who threw the grenade.
>>
>>82536129
because OP is an attention whore
>>
File: Catwoman-copy.jpg (114 KB, 360x972) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman-copy.jpg
114 KB, 360x972
>>82535450
When Linkara reviewed "Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham", he said that an interesting take on Catwoman as the hero and Batman as the villain couldn't really be done.

I took that as a personal challenge. I never really got around to writing up a script for it, but I did write up the stuff here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1byDwO-1xYs2blMVbFc0XIAeJNzUtuq2K_gX10C20_Zk/edit?usp=sharing

The short version is that I don't think a complete flip as "Guardian of Gotham" did is in any way needed. Catwoman as a hero is just a distaff Robin Hood. Similarly Batman becoming a villain is easy with his existing origin story. He just becomes the Punisher only with a bat fetish rather than a skull one.

The first two pages are just some basic character notes; the remainder are basically meant to read like a Wikipedia article chronicling the publication history of Catwoman as though it were a universe where the "Batman" character failed but "The Cat" was a popular enough character to get her own comic series and eventually essentially take the place of Batman in the public consciousness. For the most part I just re-worded the actual Wikipedia article for Batman with elements of Catwoman added, but the Golden Age section is actually identical to Catwoman's Golden Age Wiki artice save a note that she became popular in her own right.

The interesting part begins on page 7, where I start going into how various Batman characters from the main continuity would fit into a Catwoman continuity. Basically I have a theory that most major Batman villains can be described as representative of a given psychosis or insanity, and that the Batman comics are mainly centered on the question of sanity verses insanity.

Catwoman comics, however, would instead be centered on the nature of crime and vigilantism verses law and justice. Thus all of Catwoman's villains would have to exemplify a given crime rather than a given psychosis. This gave me her "core" rogues gallery.
>>
So far it's not bad, a little cut-to-next-scene in how it reads to get to important parts.

Not sure why you'd set the bar at Heart of Ice though since that was some weighted character focus stuff, to write Slade at that level you're going to need more than saving the one dude under rubble and Christmas with the family
>>
>>82536370
Oh, two most awesome drawfriends also did some art for me over in the drawthread for how I'd want Catwoman's costume to look. Here's the one I "officially" adopted; the details for why are in the Google doc.
>>
File: Catwoman_redesign_v1.5.png (498 KB, 620x1050) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman_redesign_v1.5.png
498 KB, 620x1050
>>82536370
>>82536397
And here's the other one. It was a bit too technological for my taste but it's still AWESOME. In my head I think of it as the '90s Catwoman outfit. That or the Hideo Kojima one.
>>
>>82535450
no point really, I'd have killed myself before I attempted to put pen to paper.
>>
>>82536370
there are easier ways of making batman the villain. Like if the law was a bit more Draconian and super heroes doing the right by it has negative effects on those who the system wasn't made for. That way batman isn't a zanny murderer and catwoman can still be just in stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. I'd look towards something like Leverage for inspiration.
>>
>>82536129
I'll convert it all to image format sometime tomorrow hopefully, I gotta go to sleep.
>>
>>82536370
>batman of murder
Oh hi snyder, see you're into comics now.
>>
>>82536628
>there are easier ways of making batman the villain

Honestly making him The Punisher - or, if you prefer, the Burtan/Snyder Batman - seems like the easiest possible route, since it requires the smallest possible change to the character that nevertheless has a profound impact.

>Like if the law was a bit more Draconian

That starts to have a negative impact on *all* superhero attempts, however.
>>
>>82535798
i'm almosr half done.
>>
File: silversurfer.jpg (443 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
silversurfer.jpg
443 KB, 800x800
>>82535450
A standalone Silver Surfer movie
Synopsis:
>Norrin Radd lives on Zenn-La with his wife Shalla-Bal
>it gets attacked by Galactus, and most of the inhabitants flee
>Norrin chooses to stay behind with the military
>he bargains with Galactus, says this planet is worth dying for and he will sacrifice himself for Galactus to leave
>He becomes Galactus' herald, shows his transformation to Silver Surfer
>Flash forward an unknown period of time
>Silver Surfer is on modern day Earth
>His strange aura has been picked up by the government, who put leading scientist Edgar Wyndham on it
>Edgar secretly uses government resources to experiment on himself making himself smarter
>he builds a suit of armor to combat the silver surfer and drain him of the power cosmic
>Surfer is unexpectedly attacked by the High Evolutionary (Wyndham) and has his power cosmic stolen
>when he wakes up, he finds he s Norrin Radd again, in a government facility
>they tell him that High Evolutionary has gone insane and is attempting to teraform the planet
>Norrin works with the military to create a device which can allow him to access Evolutionary's stolen power cosmic
>meanwhile, Galactus is searching for Silver Surfer, who has abandoned him, so he recruits a new herald, leader of a war-torn planet named Terrax
>The military finish the device which gives Norrin a small window to get his powers back after being used on the High Evolutionary
>the military starts attacking High Evolutionary and are about to drop the device on Evolutionary, when suddenly Galactus arrives with his new herald, Terrax.
>Galactus wants to detsory the planet, Evolutionary wants to change the planet, both have conflicting views so they fight
>Terrax is trying to kill Norrin
>military use the device to give Norrin his powers back, turning him back to the Silver Surfer
>Surfer and Terrax battle, Surfer wins
>Evolutionary is weakened by the device, Galactus wins
>Galactus leaves Earth, he admires their willingness to fight
>>
>>82536728
>Oh hi snyder, see you're into comics now.

Oi, I take offense to that. If I was Snyder I'd be saying that Batman was still a hero despite killing people when I'm emphatically NOT doing that. Quite the opposite, he is DEFINITELY a villain in this Catwoman continuity (and any continuity where he kills haphazardly, as far as I'm concerned)
>>
After reading multiversity I had a burning desire to write for cosmoville and concepted out like 15 arcs immediately.
>>
>>82536742
>Honestly making him The Punisher - or, if you prefer, the Burtan/Snyder Batman - seems like the easiest possible route, since it requires the smallest possible change to the character that nevertheless has a profound impact.

But at that point it's not batman anymore, it's another generic murderous villain. He's not doing right by others and the law definitely wouldn't cooperate with him so at that point you might as well make him Slade.

Snyder batman only works when he's the protagonist because he'll realize that what he's doing is wrong by the end. and do you really want a muh martha moment?

The reason I suggest changing the law is because it gives you more believable control over the characters as opposed to making them OOC because plot demands it. Batman's not a psychopath in a suit he's a man doing right by the law, at the same time catwoman isn't just a self righteous petty thief, she's doing right by people who the law left behind. the conflict between the two now goes much deeper.
>>
>>82537035
>But at that point it's not batman anymore, it's another generic murderous villain.

We're remembering that this is an Elseworlds story wherein Batman is a distinctly secondary character and Catwoman is the star, right?

>Batman's not a psychopath in a suit

He, uh...he really is, actually. At least that's how I've always seen the character. His desire to never kill is only partially a moral stance, it's also an actual psychological compulsion enforced on him by witnessing the violent death of his parents in front of him. Or in short, Batman really sort of belongs in some kind of institution, or at the least needs some serious therapy. He is not sane. He is a crazy person.

>Batman's not a psychopath in a suit he's a man doing right by the law

I feel you're missing the fundamental point of what I wrote up, which is to meet Linkara's challenge that "Catwoman as the hero and Batman as the villain can't be done".

Or rather, I feel you're missing the second point.

If Batman continues to act like regular Batman then it doesn't matter if the law treats him like a criminal; that's not functionally different from how it treats him in many continuities anyway. To make Batman a villain he has to actually act VILLAINOUS, not merely break the law in pursuit of vigilante justice.
>>
>>82536774
i'm done! now i just have to edit on ms paint
>>
>>82537251
>meet Linkara's challenge that "Catwoman as the hero and Batman as the villain can't be done".
But why make it batman if there's barely anything batman about him? it's a common mistake of badly written fanfiction is that if you're going to erase all semblance of the character but the origin, why not just make an original villain? I get what you want to do, but it's such a bad idea that you're essentially proving him right, you didn't make batman the villain, you made a villain and called him batman.
>>
>>82537602
>But why make it batman if there's barely anything batman about him?

You're right. Aside from name, place of birth, impetus, personality traits, abilities, methodology, resources, location, history, alter-ego identity, allies and contacts, training, and motivation, he is in fact completely different.

Wait, that doesn't sound very different at all.

>is that if you're going to erase all semblance of the character but the origin, why not just make an original villain?

You and I just see Batman differently, I guess.

I'm not making a huge change to Batman; Batman, to me, has ALWAYS been only a knife's edge away from becoming an outright villain, with only his morality and psychosis holding him in check. Removing the "no kill" rule doesn't erase all semblance of the character.

Or perhaps, if simply removing the "no kill" rule from Batman changes him so profoundly, then it's a testament to how close to being a villain he already is anyway. Which is the stance I take. The only thing that separates him from the freaks he fights is his "no kill" rule.

Which means that it is the logical thing to change when the core concept is to make him a villain in this continuity.

Taken from another angle, how would YOU make Batman a villain? Remember, key phrase - VILLAIN. He has to be VILLAINOUS. That requires more than simply being considered a criminal in the eyes of the law, that requires him to undertake actual malevolent action.
>>
File: 1.png (2 MB, 1072x1456) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 1072x1456
>>82537316
Ladies and Gentleanons
the second shittiest comic i've ever made.
>>
File: 2.png (2 MB, 1072x1330) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2 MB, 1072x1330
>>82537884
>>
File: 3.png (2 MB, 1112x1358) Image search: [Google]
3.png
2 MB, 1112x1358
>>82537917
>>
File: 1457200111542.jpg (48 KB, 404x600) Image search: [Google]
1457200111542.jpg
48 KB, 404x600
I think the "easiest" way to turn Bruce into a tragic villain is give him the Rorschach special. His persistent efforts repeatedly expose him to way too much Joker Venom, Fear Toxin, several blows to the head and some League of Assassin's Manchurian candidate stuff. He's getting the shakes and can't shake off the problem with meditation anymore, but he doesn't want to give up.

In a moment of weakness, frustration and poor decisions he repeats his method of becoming what he fears in an attempt to overcome it. Batman begins heh to expose himself to regular small doses of Fear Toxin to develop a psychological or biological resistance, as well as using reverse engineered psychological programming techniques learned from Ra's al Ghul, Mad Hatter and the Ventriloquist to make the Batman too obsessed with its goals and fractured in psyche to intimidate or manipulate. Maybe a little Venom for adrenaline to make himself too beast mode to overwhelm in a physical fight.

Cue the usual Jekyll and Hyde routine, except the Batman persona unable to cross the line as it was programmed to avoid tries to circumvent killing by subjecting its victims to the same process that birthed it. Catatonic victims start piling up on Arkham's front door. Crime's reduced but the patients have no hope of recovery and the violation of human rights can't go ignored. Time for a Batmanhunt.

Also I had an idea for Batman to use the collected tools of his Rogue gallery more often and creatively. For example using Clayface to perfect the Bruce Wayne and Batman disguises. Bruce Wayne looks babysoft but Batman's covered in bullet wounds and scars.

Might go further and use clayface to make Batman look like a 8 foot tall disproportionate freak, take a page from Spawn/Prime and give his cloak a mind of its own. Good excuse for him to turn them into wings when needed.

Of course this edges Batman from human hero to borderline mutant but hey, elseworlds.
>>
>>82537827
>VILLAIN. He has to be VILLAINOUS
Being a villain doesn't mean you have to be willing to kill even a basic thief. I mean come on if that were the case you might as well say all villains must be bowser. Once again batman of murder only works when he's the protagonist, otherwise he can be swapped with any generic villain. The best way to make batman a villain is to put him at odds with Catwoman for a more valid reason than "you're just another target for the frank cas- I mean totally batman". It's shallow. Have him assisting a flawed justice system, have him having zero tolerance for even the simplest crime leading to catwoman doing hard time for trying to do something objectively good the only way she can. Anything beats batman of murder because he's eeeeevil.
>>
>>82538022
Okay, this sounds really neat, but it runs up on the second problem - this supposed to be "Catwoman is the hero". She's the star, and the one who's been the main hero.

Batman shouldn't be the focus, Catwoman should be a hero in her own right rather than simply stepping up because Batman is no longer available, and Batman's in-continuity backstory should be something that can fit into just a few panels to a page or two at most.
>>
>>82535852

Holy fucking shit, I'd read this.
>>
John Constantine, Animal Man, Shade the Changing Man, Phantom Stranger, Robot-Man, and Swamp Thing will star in this rip off of Stardust Crusaders that's set in the DC-Vertigo Universe

Anton Arcane will be Dio
>>
Batman becomes Mayor of Gotham and turns it into a police state. Green arrow and The Question disagree.
>>
File: tubeyheadguy.png (855 KB, 3000x1872) Image search: [Google]
tubeyheadguy.png
855 KB, 3000x1872
Takes place billions of years in the future. Several intelligent species have come and gone, taking each other's places. None have achieved colonization of other solar systems. The sun is dying and has begun to expand. The universe is also devoid of other intelligent societies, as they too have all died out. New stars aren't forming quickly enough and terrestrial planets are a rarity. The end is inevitable and near. The current dominant species is a race of humanoids that form from mounds of what could be described as highly fertile, organic clay. Our main character Mars is one of these. When the news breaks that the world will become to hot for life to be sustained within his lifetime, he struggles with wanted to live a full life before the end or wanting it to go ahead and end.

Pic related, it's Mars
>>
File: 1339422168223.png (21 KB, 78x84) Image search: [Google]
1339422168223.png
21 KB, 78x84
>several months later
>an idea you posted on /co/ was stolen and used word for word in an actual comic
How would you respond? What would you do?
>>
When Joker invades a Wayne Enterprises party to celebrate a new international business partnership, his attempts to make a bunch of Japanese Salarymen laugh fail miserably.

Seeing Mistah J is depressed, Harley drags him off on a world tour where they can learn about different cultures senses of humour. Then steal all their valuables.
>>
>>82538836
Realize that comics have scraped the bottom of the barrel and turn to a different avenue of entertainment? Or be flattered and happy that someone thought that my crappy idea had potential and used it? Either way, you'd be dumb enough to think that ideas written on a chinese fingerpainting board gives them automatic copyright protection via oc donut steel.
>>
>>82538117
>Being a villain doesn't mean you have to be willing to kill even a basic thief.

No, but it does mean you have to actually be evil at some point, otherwise you're not a villain, you're merely an antagonist. There is a distinction between the two; not every antagonist is a villain (viz. Inspector Javert) and not every villain is an antagonist (viz. Tony Soprano)

>Have him assisting a flawed justice system

Considering Gotham's justice system he arguably does that anyway.

>him having zero tolerance for even the simplest crime

While I get what you're going for, the issue is that this is not VILLAINOUS, it's simply misguided at worst, and probably not even that since a more draconian Gotham implies one where the rule of law actually works, which is objectively better than the Gotham City that actually exists in the default continuity, which only has a veneer of law covering what is in reality a kleptocratic Hellhole.

While making Batman a misguided paralegal arm of the GCPD might echo nicely with how canon Catwoman isn't really much of a villain herself, it fails to perform the actual task which, again, is making Batman a villain. Not an antagonist, not a rival, a VILLAIN.

You're too tied up in Batman as a hero and are trying desperately to keep him as a hero. While I can understand that reaction, particularly in response to having actually read "Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham", it's just wrong under the extant challenge.
>>
>>82538120
Well I imagined Batman would be akin to TKJ Joker for Catwoman here, but only for a finale.

She'd hear about people dragged off into the woods by someone bent on undoing their "one bad day" with a few long nights and shrug since most of the victims aren't saints. Except it starts with the traffickers and killers and slowly builds up to every criminal, including the loose cops, robin hoods and vigilantes once the Batman decides they're all part of the problem by making criminal behavior seem acceptable or the law dismissive. Irony nonwithstanding.

After seeing some of her close associates locked up with a 1000 yard stare unable to remember their own name she decides to put a stop to things.

Until then we wouldn't learn what Batman really is until the end where Bruce wrestling for control starts spilling the origin hoping she'll figure out a way to stop him from tearing Gotham apart.
Before this Bruce as said earlier would appear completely normal at parties and fundraisers she'd attend, and rob, so it would seem he's completely uninvolved in described sighting of this lurking monstrosity brought up now and then.

So less American Psycho more Silence of the Lambs in direction.

Might even have parallels with Selina talking to completely normal Criminal Psych Expert Harleen Quinzel, Detective Barbara Gordon and Special Forensics Analyst Pamela Isley as her Lucius, Gordon, etc on what's going on in Gotham.
Drive home that Extreme Batman allows certain people to stay sane and safe, but Gotham as a whole suffers for it.

Now as to how she's going to stop Super Batman, I have no idea. Isley probably whips up some spray or something. Maybe a fungus that grows in clayface and makes Bruce a vegetable for a tragic end. Would setup the last page showing Talia, who killed her father for what he did to Bruce, having taken over the League and investigating who killed Bruce and where the body is to put him into a Lazarus pit
>>
>>82539100
Funnily enough in a theoretical ongoing Catwoman series I had imagined an imprisoned Bruce Wayne occasionally serving as a sort of Hannibal Lecter stand-in.

Not at first, but another idea I had was Ed Nigma being her detective end (she's not much of one herself - rather than the omnidisciplinary Batman I'd rather if Catwoman had a set skill list that can gradually expand over time but not to the ridiculous levels that Batman has achieved [master of *every single martial art*? Really? When does Batman SLEEP?]), but him gradually using her to basically take out all competition and become the new king of Gotham crime as the Riddler.

>Story

Again, this feels like it focuses too much on Batman and not enough on Catwoman.
>>
A retelling of the Fantastic Four

>While on an excursion at a space station, 10-year old Reed Richards, alongside his best friend Ben Grimm, help his crush Susan Storm find her little brother Johnny
>They accidentally go on a spaceship, which blasts off, bombarding them with space radiation or something
>They crash back to Earth with no noticeable injuries
>Back Home, Reed finds out he's now got stretching powers
>His buddy Ben (now with his Golem-like form) comes in through his bedroom window, seeking refuge
>After finding out that Sue and Johnny have gotten powers too, Action-Comedy ensues (including an appearance by the adult versions of The Power Pack)
>>
I had an idea where Tony Stark decides to get a head-start on the exploration of space for the human race and started to develop a moonbase and an orbiting space-station through Stark Industries.

He would get the permission from the Inhumans to develop these two things by allowing them some form of oversight as a part of goodwill and to curb them from thinking that it'll be used as a foothold for the nations of earth to invade their space. As part of the agreement, one of the Inhumans will be part of the exploratory team.

The space-station, in the mean time will be the launching pad for the ship that will be exploring the uncharted regions of space. It's powered by a conventional arc-reactor engine with an experimental zero-point energy translight engine. The armament to the ship is defensive in nature with the only truly offense-minded weapons being the custom Iron Man/Iron Maiden power armors.
>>
>>82539399
Tony, however, will be Earth-side due to his responsibilities, so he sends a representative he handpicks to head the mission, a trusted pilot, along with a scientist that will be collecting data and information for the team. An Inhuman will also be part of the group as part of the good-will agreement. (The Inhuman is also a closet Terraboo as the inhuman obsessively watched and read all sorts of media from the Earth broadcasts and internet). The fourth member will be an A.I. mechanic/surgeon, personally developed by Tony, who will ensure that the ship they are working on is in tip-top shape as well as themselves.

They go exploring the stars and having space adventures all the while searching for a place that humans in the future can someday claim as a new home.
>>
>Richard Rider comes back after having traveled through numerous alternate universes
>Has both arms
>Reveals that Star-Lord was lying the whole time
>Has an alarming message that for years now a malevolent force has been manipulating space and time for his own amusement
>This evil is known as Byn-Diss, and is guarded by his team known as the Editors
>After they're defeated, Nova has to fight Byn-Diss's anchors to 616: Kitty Pryde and Luke Cage
>They turn to have been evil all along and reveal their true forms, basically looking like really racist depictions of Jews and Black people from the early 1900's
>They briefly gain the upper hand on Nova until Scarlet Witch shows up and helps banish them
>Nova ultimately defeats Byn-Diss
>Sam dies off panel
I emailed something like this to Dan Abnett a while ago. I'd be amazed if he ever read it
>>
>>82535450
My idea I had a while ago. Okay, there's these two siblings who are the children of a King. One day, a revolution starts and the children are eventually forced to flee as revolutionaries take over the castle. Flash forward a year or so, the siblings are older and have settled in a neighboring kingdom. They soon find out the leader of the revolutionaries is planning on conquering other kingdoms and the royal siblings set out to stop him. The leader finds out about the royal siblings coming back to their kingdom and sends all sorts of powered henchmen to stop them

I imagine the technology would be steampunk, 1940s ish like and the art style, I wasn't sure what it'd be like. It'd probably be worse than it sounded
>>
>>82539221
Well none of that was the story for the comic, it was a proposal for a villain origin and quasi-finale akin to TKJ. Someone earlier had asked how Batman could become a genuine villain while still being Batman and so that was my approach. I even emphasized all the elaborated details were from a writing perspective but would be mentioned only in passing in the story for readers until the reveal.

Selina's wouldn't be interested or involved with hunting Big Foot's cousin outside Gotham, it would just be mentioned that most of the law would be occupied with that search while Selina's occupied with trying to disrupt and distribute the resources of the wealthy and corrupt in the city. It's establishes the setting to wave why the authorities are unavailable to just dogpile Catwoman during a time of low criminal activity, it also explains why Barbara and the others work with Selina and Catwoman who have the right idea of using the confusion of the situation to make positive change while the law and crime are too distracted with the cat and mouse chase.

Those efforts I imagine would be the bulk of things, and I hope you don't mean I should start writing and fleshing out that bulk for the anon whose story this is because there's putting ideas on the table and then there's hijacking a project, and unless DC calls us all up to get on this right now, which is legally impossible due to contractual stuff, I'm going to stick to the former.
>>
File: image.png (399 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
399 KB, 900x750
This more a general story idea but I think this best in some visual medium.

About 300 years in the future the earths ecosystem is...fucked up. Mass extinction tends to do that, the 6th that been on going is no different.
But this isn't a story about save the forest and what not. You see much like the great dying gave way to the dinosaurs and the astroid hit gave way to many mammals including us. This one gave way to new kind. We could survive but it was unbearable and humans left the planet, much later becoming 3 Type 3 Civilization. With humans suddenly gone, the whole world a mess, and a lack of resources, only the most flexible and adaptable will survive.
Ten million years past and it's whole new world with new mega funna and new sentient. Ancestor of crows this creature is only 3 feet tall but has a fast growing mind. Already establishing modest civilations and cultures.
However humans evolved too, more advanced and cyborgs in cellular level thanks to nanotechnology and DNA tinkering. They found thier long lost home planet and they want it back.
-------
I'm not sure what they will look like yet, some combination of dinosauriods and microraptors but made to walk and run long distances like us. Somehow I already have some gods they have down
>>
>>82540089
FYI not my art, someone's drawing of a microraptor
>>
I kind of always wanted a Batman story where he actually uses a Sinestro Corps ring for a brief time. Like Sinestro wants to recruit him and slaps a ring on him that he cant remove. Its sort of like a wager, trying to convince Batman to his way of thinking, and throughout the story Bruce slowly starts using it. Also Scarecrow is given one to up the ante. Basically ending with Batman figuring a way to remove it and telling Sinestro to shove it.
>>
An organisation dedicated to stopping poachers on thousands of planets. Basicly a reason to draw weird as fuck aliens. Think Wayne Barlowe or Alex Ries.
>>
Okay get this, there's a boy who has a crush on this girl, but he's too shy to approach her. Then one day he was gifted with a deus ex machina cellphone. He immediatley receive a call from his crush.
>>
>>82538836
There was a thread about this a bit ago, DC received a story from a fan about character pairing and subsequently could not publish the story and any ideas from it as a result.
>>
>>82535717
He had a showdown with Hammond in Nu52.
>>
File: aliens.png (237 KB, 382x277) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
237 KB, 382x277
>>82535921
>>82536802
>>82539399
>>82539852
>>82540089
I WANT TO SEE ALIENS!!!
>>
Bruce Wayne's parents are killed in 1947
Bruce Wayne becomes Batman in early 1960's and is more like the Tim Burton version
Events of X-Men First Class happened in the 1960's
In the 1970's mutant wars happen
Jean Grey becomes Phoenix, then Dark Phoenix, and then dies
Cyclops, enraged, is possessed by the Phoenix Force and kills Xavier and Magneto
Final Mutant Wars kills most of the X-Men and Brotherhood.
Cyclops is mostly depowered but maintains flight and super-eyebeams and now leads a ragtag team called the Mutants and decide to make Gotham City their home.
Also in the 70's Jason Todd is killed in action prompting Batman to retire so he isn't around to stop the Mutant gang.
Cyclops starts taking the Venom drug
In the mid-1980's mutant crime is rampant in Gotham. And then Gladiator of the Imperial Guard comes to Earth to avenge Xavier's death, fights Cyclops and destroys a lot of buildings in Gotham. It ends with Gladiator about to snap someone's neck, but Cyclops changes his optic blast to Phoenix Blast & kills Gladiator. Then he screams.
Then Bruce Wayne, pissed off at the Mutant rampage, returns as Batman. In the first round, Cyclops breaks Batman's back & throws him into a prison. Then Batman somehow heals himself and returns for round 2.
In Round 2, Batman fights Cyclops in a mudhole, blinds Cyclops' eyes with sharp Ruby Quartz Batarangs & breaks Cyclops' limbs. He is about to kill Cyclops when he learns Cyclops' mother, Katherine Anne Summers, was originally named Martha.
Then Batman and the now-blind Cyclops (though he gets his sight back after becoming Phoenix again) fight off an invasion set up by Luthor J. Eisenzuckerberg and the aliens from Independence Day and the Aliens films.

They're also joined by the Martian Manhunter, who looks like a Martian from Mars Attacks in this story (he was a peaceful martian who killed his own race when they were going to destroy the Earth, so he prevented everything from the Mars Attacks stories from happening).
>>
>>82535450

Reverse Flash goes to Gotham and starts killing people to lure Batman out. Anytime Batman gets close he just runs off again and kills more people with Batman desperately chasing him down. This goes on until thousands are dead and Reverse Flash just fucks off leaving Batman a broken mess
>>
>>82535450
Super-Villains realize that Earth's Heroes are the mightiest in the universe, toppling galactic empires and facing entire armies. Since villains frequently hold their own against the heroes, they realize that if they go to space they will be a force to be reckoned with as well.
Thus, a bunch of villains go out into the stars and start wrecking havoc all throughout the Badoon Empire and others. For instance, Absorbing Man goes to the Kronan Empire, and the Kronans surrender once they find out the Absorbing Man has fought against the Mighty Thor dozens of times and lived to tell the tale. Or some Inhumans using the knowledge they had from back when Attilan ruled the Kree Empire to launch massive attacks.

The heroes of Earth must then stop all these villains before they do something that will lead to Earth getting attacked in retaliation.
>>
>>82535450
Iron Lad has now become Immortus' disciple, he doesn't like the fact that he's destinted to be Kang, but he thinks it's worth it if he gets to become Immortus.
He and Immortus try to erase Wiccan and Speed from existence (again), since Immortus is afraid that everything he predicted would happen if the Scarlet Witch had children is coming true.
At the end Iron Lad realizes how much his friends meant to him (especially now that Cassie is back) and he foils Immortus' plan. Immortus then whipes his mind and sends him back to his home timeline to live out his destiny as punishment, it would be the last Iron Lad story.
>>
>>82535450
Had an idea for an arc where Ultron runs for president. And wins. And this was years before the storyline of Loki running for President.

Now it kind of sucks.
>>
"Bride of Frankencastle"

An orgnization attempts to make a genetic copy of Fank Castle, but as a woman. However, they don't really have access to Castle's memories, so they just try to go by what information they can find and simulate it chronologically, hoping for the best. However, when they get to the Frankencastle part, it fucks up and she kills them all and escapes.

She becomes the new "Frankencastle" a monstrous vigilante and sexy Frankenstein. She ends up saving a man named Dalton, a talented actor who has squandered his skills by pretending to be superheroes (mainly Captain America, Daredevil and Black Panther) for children birthday parties and events, after he is shot being mistaken for the actual Daredevil.

To repay her, he lets her live in his apartment and tries to help her become a "hero", since her memories and purpose is based off of the presses exaggerated idea of the Punisher. Dalton also tries to help her get a job and maintain a normal "civilian" life when not out heroing, which would have often humorous results.
>>
File: Fifth.jpg (291 KB, 900x710) Image search: [Google]
Fifth.jpg
291 KB, 900x710
Gambit realises playing cards don't fly very well compared to other objects and, after extensive voice coaching to perfect an Oxfordshire accent adopts a different persona to match his new projectile of choice: the cricket ball.
>>
Book about a new person running around with the Ronin identity, and various parties, mainly Agent Coulson and Mysterio are trying to find out who he is. Along with the rise of a new Ronin, a new Hobgoblin appears of which nobody can figure out who it is this time as well. Coulson and Mysterio's investigations eventually cross-paths as they attempt to uncover who the new owners of these shared mantles belong to.

It would be revealed the new Ronin is an Nick Fury LMD, as an unseen party is controlling the remaining existing Nick Fury LMDs and using them to spread the heroic actions of the new Ronin around, which explain inconsistencies as interested parties are investigating.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.