[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On goings canceled to soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: demon-nights.jpg (62 KB, 324x499) Image search: [Google]
demon-nights.jpg
62 KB, 324x499
On goings canceled to soon
>>
Gotham by Midnight.
>>
Not really, the post-Cornell stuff was eh
>>
>>82522700
And the Cornell stuff was pretty meh.
>>
>>82522735
Yes. It only got the reaction it did due to the rest of the new 52, and to a lesser extent because it was something different.
>>
>>82522392
It actually had a proper ending, though.
>>
>>82522392
I didn't like Demon Knights.
I didn't like Ystina going from a crossdresser to a Transman
I didn't like Jason being a simple paige boy
I especially didn't like how overused Etrigan was.
>>
File: DND01.jpg (511 KB, 630x813) Image search: [Google]
DND01.jpg
511 KB, 630x813
Demon Knights was good but it legit only gets this extremely great rep because 1) it hit a niche 2) it stood out among a sea of shit. But if we're sticking to fantasy, ongoings that were cancelled too soon...
>>
Current Middy run.
;___;
Post cute Middy.
>>
>>82522837
Not cancelled, just on hiatus. John Rogers can come back and continue it whenever he wants to. He's just busy working on his TV show.
>>
>>82522512
It's a real shame that, highly underrated book
>>
>>82522760
I was going to come in here to ask, because this was the vibe I've gotten from this book. I've almost picked up the first volume many times, because it seems like something I might like, but I had the feeling it actually wasn't as good as people said. The problem when something is so niche is that nobody feels strongly enough so speak poorly of it, so all you ever hear from are the people who love it.
>>
File: GRSON_Cv4.jpg (243 KB, 922x1400) Image search: [Google]
GRSON_Cv4.jpg
243 KB, 922x1400
Fight me faggots
>>
File: JLU01.jpg (611 KB, 600x929) Image search: [Google]
JLU01.jpg
611 KB, 600x929
the post dcyou series
it should've just been a new book honestly, it never stood a chance after lemire's trash
>>
>>82526110
I don't think anyone here will fight you on that.

Too bad they probably knew it was getting cancelled and changed around the time the Robin War tie in hit because it started going downhill after that.
>>
>>82522735
>>82522760
>>82526054
It doesn't reinvent the wheel and can be described as slightly above average but it tries to be different, has good character moments and plots, and embraces its inherent comic book silliness. That alone makes it stand out from the dour lineup of the New 52.
>>
>>82526110
>>82526209
I'm waiting for a few issues of SeelyWing before deciding if the book ended too soon
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.