[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“I am leaning back and running with it and staring at the stars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Lost_At_Sea.gif (8 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Lost_At_Sea.gif
8 KB, 250x375
“I am leaning back and running with it and staring at the stars and I’m eleven, I’m sixteen, I’m eighteen, I’m a newborn, I’m everyone everywhere with you without you unbound set free in limbo lost at sea.”

Beautiful, honestly.

When are we going to get a film adaptation of this?
>>
>being impressed with this highschool level prose

I take it you don't read much. also you look desperate posting this thread on 2 boards.
>>
>>82487194
I like to see two different boards perspectives on the same topic. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>82487223
It is when you're trying to push shallow tripe.
>>
File: 1462338103890.png (176 KB, 503x421) Image search: [Google]
1462338103890.png
176 KB, 503x421
I like how Lost at Sea is actual pretentious Hipster bullshit, yet people only accuse the light hearted, mass appeal SP of it.
>>
>>82487131

it wasn't scott pilgram but it was ok
>>
>>82487131
Beautiful indeed.
>>
>>82487393
what?
>>
File: 012.jpg (247 KB, 1280x1862) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
247 KB, 1280x1862
>>82487131
Lost at Sea is fucking insufferable emo garbage.
And I usually unironically enjoy emo garbage.
>>
I really liked Lost at Sea but I don't think I wanna see it as a movie
>>
>>82488854
>emo garbage
Its actually hipster garbage and you interpreted it wrong.

The "I have no soul" isn't supposed to be edgy, its supposed to be mystifying in a weird "Urban Fantasy" kind of way
>>
File: 034.jpg (229 KB, 1280x1862) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
229 KB, 1280x1862
>>82488946
I could not disagree more.
>>
>>82489005
Different strolks for different folks I suppose.

I read the book in a totally different way than you did
>>
File: las-cast.png (308 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
las-cast.png
308 KB, 500x490
>>
>>82489841
>it will never be the pre internet days again
>>
Not as good as Seconds desu
>>
Lost at Sea was probably O'Mally's worst book but it's my favourite of his because when I read it I was feeling depressed and it helped me feel less lonely at the end.
>>
>You will never have an existential roadtrip with a group of hipsters you gradually become friends with
>>
>>82487131
Realistically never. At the very least I hope someone creative comes along to make a short film on it. Lost At Sea is a book for a certain period in your life - and that's a different time for many people. I happened to read it after the right time window but I still enjoyed it. I think it's one of those things that you love or you don't.
>>
>>82487131
It wouldn't be easy. It's a graphic novel, and a straight panel by panel would be awkward and choppy and would end up relying heavily on the internal monologue. It would feel like the Sin City movie, but without enough of the stylistic choices that made that film work.
>>
i do this thing where i dont force myself to read a book until im ready.

ill buy it, knowing that i want it.
, but i let time tell me when to read it.

this is one of those books i still havent read because i got a page in and said
the fuck is this bullshit?

but i loved SCott Pilgrim, so there will be a day when this will be what i need to read
>>
Wasn't the whole point of this book that the moment she stopped focusing on her own emo pain she got to see other people were actually okay and had fun?
>>
>>82495707
Isn't that always the point
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.