[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simprovised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Homer_live.jpg (12 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
Homer_live.jpg
12 KB, 250x200
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Simprovised

Wow Rick and Morty ripoff much? I mean I know they had R&M do a couch gag last season and are desperate to for any of the last shreds of mainstream relevance of that they can get, but yeesh.
>>
How are they going to do live lip synch?
>>
And also improvisation in cartoons is a Loren Bouchard Dr. Katz/Home Movies thing btw. Rick and Morty didn't invent it.
>>
>>82483468
R&M popularized it
>>
>>82484158
Don't be a retard.
>>
>>82484181
You should follow your own advice
>>
>>82482196
That must be a real strain on the animators wrists
>>
>>82484158
No it didn't. Loren Bouchard popularized it way back in the day (particularly with Season 1 of Home Movies, which was more plot-driven than the mostly-standup routines of Dr. Katz) so much so that a lot of the OG Adult Swim shows like Aqua Teen, and especially the AS-era episodes of Space Ghost, while far more scripted than Bouchard's shows, did incorporate moments of retroscripting and improvisation into their shows which had the added effect of giving a bit of a looser, almost more realistic tone where the comedic delivery relied on very dry, dialogue-driven humor. Essentially this was the cornerstone for the "Adult Swim" style of humor as we know them today and has even carried on into the mainstream FOX animated sitcom format with the very popular Bob's Burgers: Loren Bouchard's current show.
>>
>>82483268
>>82484263
Probably a cel-shaded version of that Homer hologram a few Comic-Cons back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1-oLh_ffqk
>>
>>82483268
very few cartoons are aired live. it's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.
i assume it'll be like oshtoby's homestar puppet?

You know, this really got my hopes up. i've been saying for YEARS that since the writers suck but the actors are still good, they need to just let the goddamn actors write the episodes. just improvise it, whatever. can't be worse than what we're getting. I thought maybe that's what this was, but it's just 3 minutes of live bullshit that doesnt even make sense
>>
>>82484806
there was an episode of Figure it Out that had live CatDog with a 3d puppet.. it wasnt exactly live but.. presumably something like this
>>
>Also, in the episode’s last three minutes, Homer appears LIVE for the first time on television (for East and West Coast) to answer fan questions. [3]
>Implying /co/ won't be shitposting at full blast
>>
>>82485161
how the fuck is that going to work anyway. the west coast gets it 3 hours before the episode itself? or will fox actually air it at like 4pm
>>
>>82485161
No one capable of doing that cares about the Simpsons.
>>
How will it be live?
>>
>>82487868
they're going to draw and animate really really fast
>>
>>82485103
>very few cartoons are aired live. it's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.

that deserves a tee and a hee
>>
>>82487868
Chinese are quite dexterous
>>
they're not actually going to do it live, dummies
they're probably going to just grab a few questions from the last couple of days before then and answer them, and act like they're doing it live
>>
This is so damn obvious, they'll choose a select amount of twitter users who want to do it, have them come up with the questions early, then post them then so it's like it's live. How else do you think they'll work with a time limit? They have to adjust timing of answers and such.
>>
I don't quite get why this is of all things is inspiring people to complain more about how Simpsons sucks.

Like, of all the dumb shit the show's done for literal decades now, some throwaway gimmick at the end of an episode is somehow over the line? It's the same shit as always, whatever.
>>
>>82488268

WELP, TIME TO REWATCH ALL 593 EPISODES AGAIN
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.