[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 17_29.jpg (9 KB, 145x107) Image search: [Google]
17_29.jpg
9 KB, 145x107
...if one of the big two just completely disregarded Feminists activists? Would the combined butthurt build until they exploded?
>>
Literally nothing.
>>
The world would be a better place
>>
>>82471088
Didn't you know? Feminists are too busy fighting
>"real problems"
>>
>>82471099
nothing at all? bitch, those people would lose their shit! And whoever did it would make a fortune.
>>
>>82471104
wouldn't it?
>>
>>82471308
I've never heard a feminist who wasn't willing to argue over anything.
>>
>implying feminists aren't a non-entity and an internet scapegoat

Really, do you think a group of radicalists could be an all-seeing, all-influencing, all-powerful community? Because from all the complaining I've seen on 4chan, these people must be constantly actively controlling every form of media at every moment in time.

Maybe sometimes there is no bogeyman. Maybe people just have different opinions, or have poor judgement, or make unpopular choices, or make genuine mistakes.
>>
>>82472255
While I see your point, and your double dubs, when the companies continuously include content that panders exactly to what the so-called "activists" (and how dare they bring shame upon that title) it forms a bit of a pattern that says "We actually care what these people think" which, in my opinion, is wrong because as everyone knows, the people who whine and complain the most aren't the same people who actually buy comics.
>>
>>82471088
I am going to be called baiter but i want to see the x-men deal with some things the SJW says are "problematic", at the end of the day they were created to deal with this kind of bullshit.
>>
>>82472255
>Really, do you think a group of radicalists could be an all-seeing, all-influencing, all-powerful community? Because from all the complaining I've seen on 4chan, these people must be constantly actively controlling every form of media at every moment in time.

Not him, but these people pretty much prowl everywhere, looking for something to take umbrage over, for fun. That is what they do in their free time. Considering the large amount of power they have due to sympathizers and companies free of backbones, they have a lot of influence over what many media companies do and produce.
So yeah, they are a boogeyman, but it's warranted in many situations.
>>
>>82471088

What would happen is you would get the same comics and cartoons that you do now, but you would be forced to admit that there is no global conspiracy. No one is plotting some SJW agenda to ruin things you love for their demonic overlords. There is no dark power rising for you to fight nobly against.

You are just in a shrinking minority. You have things you don't like, and there are more people out that that like those things than those that don't. So the weight of public opinion just happens to be on a different end of the scales than you. And that seems unfair to you.

And, as you grow older, you will find that there are less and less of you and more and more of them. Not because you are being targeted and replaced, but just because your values and ideas are sort of outdated and the younger folk don't tend to share them. Until you are an old man ranting about how evil women and the minions who support them ruined comics forever. And no one will believe you, because people will still be reading comics and enjoying them.

And you won't understand why. If you don't like it, how can they?
>>
>>82473611
>And you won't understand why.
Best response ever.
>>
>>82473611
As much as I hate to bump this thread, this is indeed an amazing reply.
>>
>>82471088
It's already happened with the other side of things. Just look how mad you are, after all.
>>
>>82471088
DC does though? They put Frank Cho on Wonder Woman covers and Rafael Albuquerque on Batgirl
>>
They'd lose sales since the reason they're listening to feminist activists is that they know they'll make more money that way.
>>
>>82473611
/thread
>>
>>82473611
Even though this is a pretty good reply it assumes that the people constantly whining about this shit are old and not sexually frustrated 20 year olds.
>>
>>82475427

They don't have to be old already, but if 'muh SJW boogeyman' is their worldview now its unlikely that they are going to get any happier as time goes on, barring a massive reversal of social progress.
>>
>>82473611
I still can't be sure if you are baiting or not. You sound wise in your style but your content is foolish, by intention or ignorance.

What you've effectively done is take another trend of changing times and mislabeled / misinterpreted it as the reason for all changes, and then stamped it over other arguments. You are deluding yourself into what you want to believe.

You want to believe they aren't there because it is a scary thought that groups exist whose sole driving force is anger and hate and that they are working to change things they don't like by any force that can get away with.

The fact that you think there aren't disproportionately influence people and groups out there working to get what they want is a sign you have your eyes closed.

SJWs and Feminists exist, and they are indeed influencing a lot of things. Take a look at Academia for just a quick example. If you haven't seen these groups exercising their influence on the world, then you are blinding yourself by shutting your eyes. And you convince yourself with these arguments that reality isn't happening.

But you can't rationalize their existence away. You only need look at recent history to see how cultures can be influenced by small groups non-majority in big ways, sometimes bad ways. There are so many that can be named.
>>
>>82475236
They will lose sales, yes, but more because the controversy is what generates it rather than the appeasement.
>>
>>82471312
What?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.