[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how do you like our new Spidey? His age, demeanor, powerlevel,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: spider-man.jpg (202 KB, 1136x1136) Image search: [Google]
spider-man.jpg
202 KB, 1136x1136
So how do you like our new Spidey? His age, demeanor, powerlevel, suit, etc.

Do you like Tom Holland as Peter Parker? What didn't you like?

What are your hopes for Homecoming?
>>
>>82468172
My biggest complaint is how he has been tainted by his predecessors, so they have to force unnecessary changes

>young Aunt May
>weird patterns and technology on the suit
>protege of Tony Stark
>>
>mechanical webshooters

pennjillette.jpg
>>
>>82468172
He honestly seemed about MCU Captain America level or slightly higher in terms of strength based on what we seen him do in the airport fight scene. Cap even overpowered him once.
>>
>>82468320
this

Also, AoS is non-canon.
>>
>>82468172
>MCU Cap level
Nah way stronger

>Cap even overpowered him once.
Plot armor
>>
>>82468829
Actually he used a better leverage against him. He is stronger than Cap. See the scene where he stopped a car? Cap can't do that.
>>
>>82468208

Ancient Aunt May has never really made sense, desu.

How old were his parents when they had him? Why is Aunt May so fucking old? Why does she stay the same level of fucking decrepit even as Peter grows into an adult?
>>
>>82468172
Best cinematic Spider-Man yet, in all respects.

But the best part is the suit looks flawless. Just seeing it alongside the MCU stuff made me wonder how we could put up with basketball spiderman for so long.
>>
>>82469970
She reached max level when Peter was a teen.
>>
>>82469934
also when he stops bucky's punch without much effort
>>
>>82469934

Stronger then doesn't make him a better fighter, Cap still wrecked him bad and used the battle field to his advantage. Peters got a long way to go.
>>
Seeing Spidey interact with other members of the MCU was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It made me pretty excited for Homecoming, even if it is a kinda shitty name.
>>
>>82468172
Good setup for Miles Morales. Or Superior Spiderman as he will be known as
>>
>>82470072
>Cap still wrecked him bad and used the battle field to his advantage
Not really, he only "won" because the plot said so.
>>
>>82468320
>>82468943
It's canon.

>>82468172
Does he just not have the Spider Sense? If not for his power level/agility/webs he wouldn't have been much help. I failed to see him sense a threat and react accordingly.
>>
>>82470436
Spider-sense gets turned off in fights for plot reasons.
>>
>>82469970
Im with this guy, sure we all remember Aunt May as an old woman but frankly it never really seemed right.
>>82470436
He does have spider sense, theyre just more subtle with it to the viewer. Like he noticed Ant Man but it was too late and he detected Bucky tossing that debris at him
>>
>>82470436
>Does he just not have the Spider Sense? If not for his power level/agility/webs he wouldn't have been much help. I failed to see him sense a threat and react accordingly.
I took it as he's still getting used to his powers, plus he's in a new suit.

However, he did dodge the sign the Bucky threw at him.
>>
>>82470072

>stops a 3-ton car going at forty mph in its tracks
>easily catches Bucky's bionic arm that was able to overpower Iron Man's armor and Captain America
>somehow loses in a direct contest of strength against Cap

I mean a guy who can anchor himself to any surface and has proven to be stronger in every way loses in a tug of war not once but twice. There wasn't even any fancy moves involved.
>>
>>82469970
Fifty in the early 1960s looked a lot different than fifty is the 2010s.

Cosmetics, makeup, hair dye, things like Botox - now you can still appear relatively young in your fifties. Then, it was practically senior citizen.
>>
Probably my favorite Spider Man suit
>>
>>82470488
>plot reasons
You mean the fact that it's a Cap movie?
>>82470516
>Subtle
Ergo he's toned down to keep from stealing the show?
>>82470547
>He got powers 6 months ago
I can almost accept this.
>>
>>82468172
love it in every way
>>
>>82470436
>Does he just not have the Spider Sense? If not for his power level/agility/webs he wouldn't have been much help. I failed to see him sense a threat and react accordingly.
In this version, he has super senses, but not the super-processing power to makes sense of it. So until he master them he has to wear a suit that dampens the white noise so he could focus. This is explained by the fact that his mask deliberately makes it hard for him to see. And his prototype home made suit actually makes him fight blind.
>>
Spider-Man, Spider-Man. Takes a dump in a coffee can.
>>
>>82470794
Lets be honest here, spider sense isnt supposed to make sense and its determined by the writer on how effective it is. If Peter gets hit by something, just accept it as "he felt it coming, just didnt move quick enough"
>>
File: spidey1.jpg (186 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
spidey1.jpg
186 KB, 600x600
Love the suit except for two rather minor things.

1) The spider logo on his chest is too small
2) His eyes are too far apart

I also would have liked natural webshooters more but I'm okay with mechanical ones.

>pic is original
>>
File: spidey2.jpg (199 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
spidey2.jpg
199 KB, 600x600
>>82471240
>pic is edited
>>
>>82471240
I think he should have two spider logos on his nipples so his enemies know where to pinch.
>>
>>82470951
>Isn't supposed to make sense.
What doesn't make sense about it? He has the ability to sense danger to his direct personage save for when he's being attacked by a Symbiote user. It's to prevent him from getting his shit kicked in on the regular from face-punching, kickening and explosions.
>>82471240
Did you watch the movie? The eyes aren't static.
>>
>>82468320
It's mechanical because of the MCU wanting things to be "scientificaly ok", just as shit Thor does are just some Asgardian tech bullshit.
>>
>>82471280
Yeah we all know how it works anon, its just the level of effectiveness tends to vary which was my main point
>>
>>82471280
>Did you watch the movie? The eyes aren't static.

Yes they are. Just because they function like lenses and can open or close doesn't mean the location of the frame of the eyes changes.
>>
>>82471333
There has to be a happy medium between jobbed and over powered.
>>
>>82471387
He can be powerful but with little to no combat experience. At least early on.
>>
>>82470179
>>82470606
Cap was clearly using leverage and trickiness to outdo Spidey, who was just sort of standing there holding him... hoping he'd get tired and give up? either way I saw it as a clear case of "veteran completely outclasses younger, stronger rookie"
>>
>>82468172
Good writing, bad acting and voice
>>
>Ironman/ War Machine
>Captain America/ Falcon
and eventually
>Peter Parker/ Miles Morales
Why does MCU feel the need to give everyone a black sidekick? I'm fucking sick of this trend fampai
>>
>>82471701
>The cringe of them reinforcing that Peter is young during the fall of Gi-Antman.
We got that he's young when he's shown as a goofy teen. Otherwise I fail to see the problem with his performance.
>>
>>82469970
My aunt was 60 when I was 15.
>>
File: 1461689518919.jpg (387 KB, 768x1583) Image search: [Google]
1461689518919.jpg
387 KB, 768x1583
>>82471718
someone needs to shine their shoes
>>
>>82468172
Loved it, he was easily as good a Peter as Tobey's was and I was laughing through the whole fight scene.
Power level is weirdly high but I'm fine with it; costume isn't as good as ASM2's but I prefer them taking a different route with it to make it distinct.
>>
>>82471685

I guess I haven't fully appreciated how it was mentioned that Spidey has had his powers for only 6 months and doesn't have a lot of fight experience yet but damn if the movie didn't portray him as impressive.
>>
>>82469934
>Cap can't do that.
Though Cap managed to keep a freakin helicopter from leaving.
I thought this was over the top but still giggle cause how awesome it was.
>>
>>82469970
I think it's because Ben was Peter's father's much older brother. It would only make sense that his wife would be in his age group.

I've never thought about this until now.
>>
>>82470081
I think it was extremely smart of them to cast him as a young teenager. If he was grown-up, he'll be Scott Lang no.2 in this film
>>
>>82470488
He did dodge a back attack, though.
>>
>>82471333
The same as with Super hearing.
>>
>>82469970
In Ultimate, I believe Ben and May were recast as his great-uncle and great-aunt to explain that.
>>
>>82471293
They've always been mechanical in the comics.
>>
>>82468172
>So how do you like our new Spidey?
He was great
>His age
I like that he is younger, gives us a chance to explore a new environment (HS) in the MCU and also sets him apart from the rest of the MCU heroes, who are generally pensioners, if not older
>demeanor
Good balance of awkwardness and confidence
>powerlevel
Not seen enough, but he seemed strong enough
>suit
Great, except I dislike the random black lines breaking up the suit, and I think the web design could be more bold
>Do you like Tom Holland as Peter Parker?
Yes
>What didn't you like?
Not much desu I'm a organicfag tho
>What are your hopes for Homecoming?
Smaller scale, more personal, just keep up the standard set in CW
>>
>>82470740
I really want the black bits to be turned blue
>>
>>82478525
just ask >>>/r/
>>
Kik this username "lzxyaa"
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.