[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking Dead thread. Beta edition. Someone should hopefully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: Beta.png (502 KB, 990x1122) Image search: [Google]
Beta.png
502 KB, 990x1122
Walking Dead thread.

Beta edition.
Someone should hopefully storytime it soon.
>>
>>82466563

And for those who don't know, I'm guessing this guy is the new character we're all going to love according to Kirkman in an interview from a couple months ago, when he and Charlie we're trying to come up with a new character.

>He even makes Negan look like a manlet
http://comicbookinvest.com/2016/05/02/breaking-news-11/
>>
No one?
>>
Apparently the voice on the radio Eugine is speaking too belongs to a girl named Stephanie.
>>
>>82466836
was the new chapter released today?

also i always saw negan as a manlet trying to over compensate.
>>
>>82467248

Indeed, new issue came out today.

Working theory is that Beta is either a really high member of The Whispers, Alpha's mate who may or may not be Lydia's father or Lydia's biological father.
>>
>>82467183
Give it time. Torrents for the comic don't come out this early.
>>
>>82467436

I need to go out for something work related but I was planning on picking up either 2 or 3 #154's depending on how many they have. Hopefully the thread is still active by the time I get back, which shouldn't be until early this evening.
>>
anyone gonna post it or should i?
>>
>>82466836
Jesus Christ that guys gotta be over seven feet tall
>>
>>82469118
Post away man I'm hyped
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>82469166
>>82469153
Thanks bro
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>82466563
huh? A walking dead thread, weird.

Its the best selling comic book yet we never talk about it.

Anyways, stopped reading in vol 100 after you know what, everything seemed pointless after that. Just like the show.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>82469289
People talk about it, but it's just that there isn't much to talk about. It's not like capes where there's drama at every turn, or some stupid decision. TWD is just bland because it never moves beyond its starting point: soap opera with zombies.
>>
>>
>>
>>
shiit. see you next month
>>
>>82469466
That's a pretty shitty death scene.
>>
>>82469289
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>82469495
:3
>>
>>82469419
>Krik.
>>82469429
>Rustle.
>Svaash!

Who the fuck punctuates sound effects?
>>
Bump I liked this issue
>>
So anyone else think this is going to go south real quick when Negan finds out that the whisperers are A-OK with rape?
>>
>>82470019
It's already going south. Negans playing them. He is acting dumb, didn't yet mention Rick or anyone, just pretending to be some random wanderer who wants to join.
Negan being secretly good guy.
>>
If Negan takes Alpha as a wife, and Carl marries Lydia, would that make Negan Carl's step-father-in-law?
>>
>>82470019
Nah, Negan's setting himself up to take over as leader. He's going to pull the same racket as before, but threatening to unleash a stadium full of walkers.
>>
>>82470100
I hope Negan lives through this. Maybe he Seduces alpha then kills her
>>
File: heresnegan1.png (3 MB, 1605x2157) Image search: [Google]
heresnegan1.png
3 MB, 1605x2157
bumping with heres negan part 1
>>
File: heresnegan2.png (3 MB, 1525x2156) Image search: [Google]
heresnegan2.png
3 MB, 1525x2156
>>
File: heresnegan3.png (2 MB, 1583x2164) Image search: [Google]
heresnegan3.png
2 MB, 1583x2164
>>
>>82470603
Fucking thank you I've been looking everywhere for this
>>
>>82470634
>>82470619
>>82470603
I thought there were 4 pages
>>
>>82470813
here. it was the preview we got so i didn't think to post it
>>
>>82470858
Damn I thought that wouldn't count
>>
>>82470603
>Negan was a ping-pong player before the outbreak

Something about that is just hilarious to me given how much he shit talks people.
>>
>>82471097
He was a pingpong player after the apocalypse too. He played pingpong all over dem titties too
>>
File: 485458468.png (321 KB, 568x830) Image search: [Google]
485458468.png
321 KB, 568x830
>>82471291
>>
>>82469153
thanks anon
>>
>>82469184
>you'll never have comic Andrea or Maggie as gf

why live
>>
>>82469243
>Fuck you, sun

I fucking love Negan
>>
>>82469289
I hate how everyone says that and never feels the need to give a reason. All out War and A New Beginning are some of the best story arcs in the series IMO, you're sorta missing out just because you got butthurt over Glenn dying. If you kept reading you'd see it wasn't purely for shock value.
>>
>>82469291
holy FUCK that dude is tall. Negan is supposed to be like 6"5 or something.
>>
>>82469291
What's Undertaker doing in TWD
>>
>>82469314

I love you, Negan.
>>
>>82469495
So is this turning into a romcom for psychopaths now?
>>
>>82469512
I doubt he's dead.
>>
>>82469380

How the fuck are people so accustomed to Carl walking around with a giant hole where his eye should be? That's unsettling as hell, and I'm just reading the comic.
>>
>>82470100
>>82470191
If Negan gets back on top, does he deserve to be king of the world?
>>
>>82472459
When you see rotting, walking corpses all the time everywhere for years, you kinda stop caring.
>>
Thoughts on Beta so far, is he the new character Kirkman talked about a while back in an interview when coming up with this month's cover? I kind of get the impression he is and he definitely looks like he has a very cool design. I just don't really see him sticking around much longer, especially if Negan is planning on joining The Whispers and he might need to overthrow Beta to become Alpha's #2.
>>
>>82472471
He already is king of the world
>>
>>82472715
Oh yeah? Well where's his crown?
>>
>>82472753
On his dick
>>
>>82472777
Can't argue with those trips.
>>
> gee beta, your alpha lets you have two knives
>>
wew lad, good setup issue
>>
>>82472902

It was nice seeing more from inside of The Whispers camp if only for a while. I'm looking forward to where Stephanie and Eugine's plotline will take us. Should be interesting.

Feels kind of like A Larger World 2.0
>>
>>82469512
I didn't mind. Aaron's death felt realistic and anticlimatic, Kirkman didn't give him his usual "This character died in a huge way, isn't that iconic!?" Deaths.

Michonne, however, may get one of the infamous Kirkman deaths.
>>
>>82470102
>Michonne implied to Rick maybe Carl can become leader of the Saviors
>Negan may take over the Whispers and become their new leader
I honestly hope Kirkman is setting up a Carl vs Negan storyline.

This issue alone mentioned Carl is not a kid anymore, he's an adult, and that reasoning may make Rick change his mind. Moreover, Carl is vocal as all hell now, making his own decisions. I can see him saying to Rick he can handle the Leadership while stating "I'm not going to become the next Negan. I am going to become you, the next Rick Grimes."

There is some much potentional in the current arc.
>>
>>82472516
The thing is, it's like they don't know how to draw a missing eye. It's just a black hole in his head, like light doesn't enter his empty socket. Thing is he should be wearing an eye patch because that's still a sensitive area that he needs to protect. Wearing the glasses was hokey and dumb, sure, but he should really do something to make sure that hole in his head doesn't get worse.
>>
>>82473619

>Carl vs Negan
I see this arc and next arc being the exact conclusions, when we look back at the end of #127 with Carl still saying he wants to kill Negan, if Carl does become leader of The Saviors then it is setting up what was prophesied all the way back in A New Beginning. Carl killing Negan is really the only way I see Carl winning The Saviors over.
>>
>Negan complaining about how Brandon didn't pack a sleeping bag and bantering about Beta

Pretty funny issue
>>
>>82473746
I don't think Negan will die anytime soon. He's the best character in the comic.
>>
>>82472625
I hope it is Stephanie. With a name like Beta, he may as well been called canon fodder. Sure, he is tall, yet he doesn't look like a potentional worthy character Kirkman talked about. He may die in the next few issues. Maybe by Negan, depending on the relationship he have with Alpha and how he handle the news Negan is the new Alpha.
>>
>>82473838

My theory is Negan will be dead by October, just in time for the S7 premier, imagine how much pottery that would be. Negan dies in the comic while killing a fan favourite on the show.

>>82473869

I wonder if Kirkman pushed the cool character back he was going to introduce in this arc for the next arc, and I agree, I really hope it could be Stephanie or someone related to her people.
>>
Anyone have the letter hacks? I love reading those
>>
>>82473746
And in one of the recent issues Letter Hacks, Charlie said Dwight'll do something with Lucille that is why he is carrying it around and it's current owner, Dwight said he didn't want any of the Saviors to take Lucille and think they're holding the King Spector. So, him handing Lucille to Carl is likely probable.

>>82473838
Neither are the Whispers. Kirkman is setting the current arc up for the long run, Whispers and Negan may survive for at alot longer then some imagined.

>>82473998
Yeah, I think it is likely possible Kirkman did push back the character. Kirkman said when the fans see the new character they'll immediately know "This is the character Kirkman talked about!" And I didn't get that vibe from Beta. With Stephanie, I really get that vibe and think her official appearance is going to be huge.
>>
>>82474014
heres this months
>>
Dont have all of the LH, but found this for anyone who watches the show

Makes me think the premiere is gonna open with Daryl's death
>>
>>82474255
>>
>>82466563
Is that Beta Kane?
>>
>>82466563
>Don't you get it?! I'm not my original character Bluckles! I'm the ACTUAL Knuckles, trapped in the real world!
>>
I wonder when we're going to get that map of all the factions Kirkman promised after AOW, would be really cool to see.
>>
>>82474210
I'm thinking Stephanie is probably holed up with some army remnant, and the coming conflict will be basically Rick's group, the army, and the whisperers just about going to war until they all realize they really don't want to go to war.

Not sure how the radio thing is going to play out, though. If Eugene is broadcasting, someone should be able to triangulate his position, and given that someone else is also transmitting, he should be able to triangulate theirs. Wouldn't be the first time they fucked up the details of science though.
>>
>>82474277
Thank you!
>>
>>82474259
Don't care about the tv show. Used to watch it religiously, but this last bit is the equivalent of the midseason finale of season 2 ending with the barn doors opening and then cutting to black.

If they're going to end on a cliffhanger, that's fine, but don't do it at the expense of concluding a story. The worst part is that this is going to get spoiled, like very other stupid twist has been ruined on TWD, so I don't get the shock of seeing it happen in context. No, I get it plastered in some news feed or other like Sophia or Han Solo or Gus Fring.
>>
>>82471940
Agreed. I honestly enjoy the later stuff a lot more than the early stuff. The prison issues in particular are really boring imo.
>>
>>82474547
>the army, and the whisperers just about going to war until they all realize they really don't want to go to war
This.

I think Negan becoming a Whisper is good because he'll eventually reveal he know of Rick. And Negan can simply propagate the situation further to his advantage making war inevitable owning both Rick and Alpha.

Alpha while the villain never came across as that as much as she felt more like the antagonist, Alpha may die in front of Rick admitting she never wanted any of this, she was trying to survive like Rick is surviving now.

Whereas Eugene, I don't think Kirkman would go that far and have another person listen in unto Eugene and Stephanie conversation.
>>
>>82475134

A third party listening in on Eugine and Stephanie's conversations would be interesting.
>>
>>82474841
I thought the prison arc was fine. The problem was the governor was fucking bonkers to the point you wonder how he was put in charge. Really hit some good strings with Otis being a racist fuck compared to no one batting an eye at the gay people. Much, much better at stupid interpersonal shit that seems real than super zombie fighters of Alexandria. I mean the only people who stir shit up are the terminally stupid who thinks it's a good idea to cross Rick and his immediate associates.
>>
Crackpot theory what if Alpha is Stephanie and his some kind of personality disorder?
>>
>>82475241
Dumb.
>>
>>82474259
>damage control
It's always great reading their excuses.
>>
>>82475278
I'm not sure what to make of it, because I don't know how much sway Kirkman has. I want to blame that crazy eyed bitch Gale Hurst and the execs at AMC pulling shit like running spoilers during Better Call Saul to drive up viewership, and this being another step in them trying to hit a ratings record. I don't know if Robert is on board or if he has to grin and take it on the chin because he saw what they tried to pull on Darabont.
>>
I really hope Negan just doesn't take over/join the Whisperers and help them fight Rick, that'd be really boring and predictable. I hope he ends up helping Rick instead somehow
>>
>>82476337
At the end of all out war, he was pretty on board with Rick's idea of the communities making each other stronger, so I don't think he's going to fuck with Rick just because. He likely is trying to join up with the whisperers because he sees it as a chance to get out of jail and do something besides just sit around.
>>
>>82476337

I think Rick's head will explode if that's what Negan ends up doing.
>>
>>82469495
Would you an alpha?
>>
>>82476916
Or he might take a Dwight route and play both sides until he knows who's going to win the war. Soon he'll know the power of both Alexandria and The Whisperers so he'll be more knowledgable than anybody
>>
>>82477009

Damn straight I would, I would have to stop reminding myself she looks like Glenn from the prison arc during but damn, I imagine sex with Alpha would be pretty wild.
>>
Surprised the thread lasted as long as it did
>>
>>82475134
>>82474547

I think that's the direction it's going in, Eugene will panic over the radio with Stephanie, in fear the entire war could wipe out all they've built. Stephanie sends in her people just as when Alpha, Negan, Rick and Carl and everyone are realizing how much they don't want this. BOOM! Alpha and her people are pretty much obliterated on sight by a new group of people, asking whether Eugene is okay,
>>
>>82477568
Till she shanks you because you saw a side of her she doesn't want getting out.
>>
>>82477770

As did I

>>82475239
>>82474841
>>82471940

While I did like the prison arc along with everyone else I am enjoying this new direction the series is going, people might say it's the same old shit Kirkman's been dishing up before but seeing things like how Rick and Carl's characters are changing and the shift from surviving in the wild to rebuilding civilization is really cool. I also love the current storyline with The Whispers, easily shaping up to be one of my favourites and I like how there's more of an emphasis on psychological, stealth, propaganda, very clever tactics, etc. It shows not only civilization is changing but methods of warfare too.
>>
>>82477874
That would be such a retarded deus ex machina, really hope that doesn't happen
>>
>>82478250

I kind of hope Negan either knocks off Alpha in some way and the group assimilates into Alexandria but they are allowed to keep their customs. Kind of like what The Saviors did after AOW.

Also for such a big event I thought All Out War had some of the worst covers in the series. None really grabbed me all that much besides maybe #115 and #126. I've enjoyed the covers from #127-#154, very nice artwork on there and I like looking forward to what the next one will be. Taglines are also cool.
>>
>>82478339
That would never happen, The Whisperers are way too batshit crazy for everyone else to just accept them as allies. At least The Saviors were sane apart from Negan, these guys are all just fucking nuts
>>
>>82478421
But Negan is sane
>>
>>82478448
Not to the Alexandrians he's not
>>
>>82478421

It would be a big shame to let such a valuable group be exterminated or something, just imagine them being the Alexandria's protection wall, they could pretty much divert walkers away using their camouflage.

Also while I did like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance as Negan in the S6 finale, would James Gandolfini have made a good Negan? I could've seen him really nailing the role well.
>>
>>82478575
I wanted Andrew Dice Clay myself.
>>
>>82469291
>I am called beta

Reaction pic thread when?
>>
>>82469291
>Is that a fuckin that
I love Negan
>>
>>82479278

Kind of hope Beta's real name was Pepe

If there's an Alpha and Beta, does that mean there's also a Gamma and Delta, what about Omega?
>>
>>82479305
Threat*
>>
File: The Lobster.jpg (62 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
The Lobster.jpg
62 KB, 1280x718
Don't mind me, just posting the perfect woman to play Alpha.
>>
Who is even tall enough to play Beta? I can see
Kevin Durand doing it.
>>
>>82469243
We're glad you stabbed him too, Negan.
>>
>>82481008

I kind of hope Negan hugging then stabbing people becomes his new signature weapon, kind of like how Rick likes to bite people.
>>
>>82479391
That is perfect
>>
>>82481639

I watched The Lobster a few days ago and some of the scenes where she's in the woods leading the Loner Group really reminded me of how The Whispers operate, she'd make a great Alpha.
>>
>>82466563
Fucking Negan, dude.
>>
>>82469960
The last three have been great.
Also, it's kind of nice to see Carl again finally.
>>
>>82470603
AWESOME! Saved, thanks Anon.
>>
>>82482538

I really hope they revoke their word on the whole 48 pages spread out over a year thing in image + and just dish out two issues of Here's Negan instead, I remember when they tried a similar thing with Kick Ass 2 and it failed miserably.
>>
Starting to suspect that Stephanie = Alpha and she's just gathering intel through Eugene. I think she's genuinely sorry about Rosita.
>>
>>82483039

It would be a pretty good twist though I thought of something similar here >>82475241 I doubt it is as far out as what I proposed. Who knows, maybe Alpha's internal battle with her previous self and her current self is more twisted than we thought.
>>
>Not calling it The Walking Thread
>>
>>82478657
That would have been great, although I do like Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
>>
>>82482903
It's a long-ass time to wait for so few pages. On the other hand, I can wait if faster Negan would negatively effect the quality of the main comic.
Negan's my favorite character though, and those couple of pages were great.
>>
>>82483311

Wouldn't it have been better to omit ads for other image comics in TWD and just put Here's Negan in the actual Walking Dead issue itself?
>>
What if Beta also kills Michonne next issue and takes her sword? I think that would be slightly unexpected. Then again Michonne has far too much plot armour for such a thing to happen, Aaron getting stabbed was very predictable.
>>
>>82470634
Do ypu think that woman might be Lucille?
>>
>>82484326

What if Lucile was Negan's favourite ping pong paddle?
>>
>Aaron has been in the comics since 2009
>TWO THOUSAND AND NINE

Feel like his death should be bigger desu.
Or is Kirkman winking to the fact that Aaron gets killed in the show?
>>
>>82484439

>Kirkman apologizes for cliffhanger ending of S6 t
>Puts Aaron and Michonne in compromising predicament with an enemy faction, two characters who have a very high chance of getting Lucilled

THE MADMAN
Would anyone care that Aaron in the TV series is actually Negan's victim? I guess they could switch his and his boyfriend's roles around.
>>
>>82484555
Well killing off Michonne would be incredibly ballsy - seeing as she's set to be both Comic Andrea AND Comic Michonne.

She's set to become a bigger character than Rick.
>>
>>82484620

Carol may as well be Michonne now, that is if Ezekiel doesn't cuck Rick. Remember how Carol is going to The Kingdom to be healed.
>>
>>82483637
I figured it would be collected eventually, and I'd pick upthe book but having it serialized in TWD itself wpuld have been tits.
>>
whats your ideal ending for the series?
>>
>>82485386
Aliens
>>
>>82485386
All the walkers are put down, the fact you have to destroy the brain as soon as someone dies becomes just another part of daily life, and everything gets back to normal.
>>
>>82485444

This.
I kind of want Kirkman to actually go the alien route at some point, it would be kind of interesting to see how he does it.
>>
>>82486012
Glad someone agrees I just think it'd be really cool just to have such a bizarre ending
>>
>>82485884
i can see this happening
>>
>>82487033
I feel like that be endgame but I'm still going for aliens
>>
>>82466836
I am guessing this dude used to be an up and coming wrestler. He seemed to be about 7ft tall.
>>
File: 5.png (520 KB, 967x613) Image search: [Google]
5.png
520 KB, 967x613
will carl and/or rick ever die?
>>
File: Fuck You, Sun.jpg (19 KB, 234x242) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You, Sun.jpg
19 KB, 234x242
>>82469243
There's another one added to the Negan Reaction Pics folder
>>
>>82488231
>>
File: 1346587645.png (294 KB, 926x349) Image search: [Google]
1346587645.png
294 KB, 926x349
>>82488310
>>
>>82479325
I was under the impression that everyone under alpha is beta.
>>
File: Lucille.png (197 KB, 561x876) Image search: [Google]
Lucille.png
197 KB, 561x876
>>82488310
>>82488371
Saved, thanks anon :^)
>>
>>82488231
>>82488310
>>82488371
Negan is the perfect character for reaction images even /tv/ is adopting him
>>
>>82479391
looks like a little girl
>>
File: 2.png (220 KB, 534x391) Image search: [Google]
2.png
220 KB, 534x391
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (51 KB, 492x800) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
51 KB, 492x800
>>82488528
Damn right. Imma just dump my Negan reaction folder now in case anyone else wants some :^)
>>
File: mfw cliffhanger.jpg (23 KB, 965x261) Image search: [Google]
mfw cliffhanger.jpg
23 KB, 965x261
>>
File: really.jpg (58 KB, 598x505) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
58 KB, 598x505
>>
File: what.jpg (58 KB, 891x331) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
58 KB, 891x331
>>
>>82488643
Nice I wish I wasn't on a gay ass kindle out of have a while folder dedicated to Negan reaction pics
>>
File: Here are your options.jpg (31 KB, 843x305) Image search: [Google]
Here are your options.jpg
31 KB, 843x305
>>
This kinda thread is a once a month phenomenon when walking dead isn't on tv and I love it
>>
File: mfw have to wait until october.jpg (54 KB, 649x437) Image search: [Google]
mfw have to wait until october.jpg
54 KB, 649x437
>>82488741
Enjoy the Neg-Neg while it's here then (^=
>>
File: hahaha.png (824 KB, 1772x745) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
824 KB, 1772x745
>>
>>82478233
exactly. I see a lot of people claim the reason they dislike TWD is because typically most movies/shows in the zombie genre don't have long term stories, or Kirkman is rehashing the same shit, but in all reality, Kirkman has actually perfected the zombie genre by making a story that gives us a long term viewpoint of a character and his son's life in the apocalypse, and actually shows the rebuilding of civilization and what comes after. Yeah, Alexandria is another location like the prison, but the thing is, there's SO MANY different things that happen and character arcs that come as a result of that with them being in different locations. I mean, if you like zombies at all, TWD is sorta the ultimate zombie thing. Between the comics and the show, and both having differences in the story, it gives zombie fans a lot more to offer than, say, an average Romeo film that the characters are pretty much all zombie bait and only a couple survive or the movie ends and we don't get to ever see what comes of those characters afterwards TWD goes a step beyond that and more. I never could understand people's problem with that, lol.

And also, Negan isn't like The Governor AT ALL, aside from being evil. And The Governor lasted half the amount of time Negan's been in the series. Negan is The Joker to Rick's Batman and I guess The Governor would be The Penguin or some shit.
>>
>>82488528
I gotta say, I fucking love how Negan looks in the show.
It's a pity that apparently the finale was awful.
>>
>>82488809
same. I've been a fan of the show since it first starting airing and I started reading the comics around season 4. Pretty awesome to see it finally get attention on /co/ for once instead of /tv/, especially considering the comic is 100X better.
>>
>>82488643
this is the best thing i've ever seen
>>
>>82488998
average Romero film*
>>
File: 45458754.png (2 MB, 1823x2183) Image search: [Google]
45458754.png
2 MB, 1823x2183
>>
>>82489029
the beard tho
>>
>>82489195
I dunno, I think it looks pretty cool.
It's to make up for The Governor not having one I guess.
Jefferey Dean Morgan looks wrong without a beard anyways.
>>
File: negan-kidding-54ea0.jpg (28 KB, 280x290) Image search: [Google]
negan-kidding-54ea0.jpg
28 KB, 280x290
>>82489029
I thought it was pretty good.
>Kind of introduced the Kingdom
>Negan's intro scene was straight out of the comic, line for line (minus the "fucks" because, well, tv
>that cliffhanger at the end was one of the greatest baits in the entire history of trolling
but yeah, comic is a zillion times better
>>
>>82488812
I'll find it in the archive given the chance I'm on a cp
>>
File: 1346658049067.png (278 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1346658049067.png
278 KB, 640x480
TELL ME WHAT CAUSED THE ZOMBIE OUTBREAK DICKMAN
Enough of this drama
Fuck it. It was aliens after all.. DONE!
>>
>>82489356
Did he kill Daryl in the show? I know they didn't kill Glen.
>>
>>82489042
Once I heard there was gonna be a zombie series on AMC after breaking bad I got hyped then found out it was based on a comic so I torrented the comic and binged the first 90 issues in two days. Then the first season came on and I wasn't disappointed but the rest of the seasons did disappoint except for some parts.honestly the show fits better when it follows the comics but adds some stuff to it
>>
>>82489331
I'd agree with you, but I'm pretty sure JDM said the only reason he didn't shave was because he was filming another show at the same time which required him not to. After Abraham steps up he even says "damn I gotta shave this". What a stupid corny line they felt the need to shoehorn in, lol.
>>82489667
I have bad news for ya son...
>>
>>82489195
"I gotta shave this shit"
>>
>>82489761
Agreed. I actually had a friend that did the same thing you did. He quit the show after season 3 or 4. I stick around to see my favorite parts in the comic on tv.
>>
>>82489470
>not realizing the cause of the outbreak being left a mystery is 100x more interesting than whatever bullshit people have made up a thousand time before like the gov't making it or some shit

also, funny you said aliens, because I'm pretty sure Kirkman made a joke about that in a letterhacks awhile back.
>>
>>82489764
It's a big, fuck-off cliffhanger then?
>>
>>82489833
Eh I still watch it almost religiously but I'm so often disappointed. The last great episode was the Benny hill rick and Daryl vs Jesus episode. It actually had done charm to it. I also like the parallels but I would rather have Daryl instead of Glenn die but I don't know how much that'd affect the story
>>
>>82489833
same. The cliffhanger probably would've made me drop the show if I didn't care to hang around for all the potentially awesome stuff yet to come.
>>
>>82489918
yep.
>>
>>82489918
yup. lol
>>
>>82489966
I really hope the rumors are true and Negan bulked up and will shave and act more charismatic
>>
>>82490064
its gonna be hard watching a Negan who can't swear all the time, though. It feels so watered down. I mean, they couldn't even drop it once. Freakin' Gilmore Girls has dropped the f bomb before. At least bleep it or something....
>>
>>82490153
If they bleeped everything it would be hilariously cartoonish.
>>
>>82490153
American TV is so fucked up.
>Can't say "fuck"
>Can't show a boob
>Gratuitous violence is perfectly ok
>>
>>82490153
I'm just hoping Jeff lightens up in the next season so he didn't seem so weirdly serious while trying to be humorous. I want him boisterous and ecstatic with some mild sympathy
>>
>>82490205
once or twice an episode at least... Being a potty mouth is like a trademark quality of his character. he sounds more cartoonish trying to sound super intimidating while not being able to swear all the time like an overgrown child. It adds to his character, arguably. When he can't swear and all he can say is shit or crap it comes across as really gimmicky. Like, its patently obvious to me as a comic fan. Maybe if I just watched the show it'd be different.
>>
>>82490273
EXACTLY. We can show kids people getting their guts ripped out and consumed by hordes of flesh eating zombies, but when someone says a swear word they're gonna be traumatized for life apparently because parents don't know how to teach their kids manors and what not to say, I dunno.
>>
Why does Negan look comical in some faces? What kind of bad guy is he? How would the governor react?
>>
>>82490390
I remember when the Govenor threatened to rape maggie, some woman wrote an article about how she didn't expect that on the show and how to explain to her 7 year old child what rape was.

People are over sensitive. Why is a child watching a violent shot to begin with? Can't you just tell the kid he was hurting her without talking about rape? Idk man, fucking people are stupid.

I saw some people in the FTWD thread asking why there wasn't any characters in a wheel chair in the show.
>>
>>82490409
Gubby would get angry then get his shit pushed in
>>
>>82490409
he's the type of bad guy who enjoys being a bad guy.

if negan ever encountered the governor, I'm pretty sure Negan would offer him protection in trade for half their supplies, and the governor would probably react by retaliation and end up getting his ass kicked by the saviors more than likely. Rick was only able to defeat him with the help of all the communities and an insider in the saviors.
>>
>>82490570
>characters
Same for muslims, oh wait!
>>
>>82490570
yeah but the thing is AMC gives a warning before each show about graphic content and what not. Its obvious the companies are aware that people (parents specifically) are too fucking stupid to care for those warnings and let their kids watch anyways so everybody else has to suffer with watered down versions of a show that if it was on HBO would be groundbreaking.
>>
>>82490570
7 year olds watching the walking dead. That Bitch is dumb for letting her child watching the show then complaining about it
>>
>>82490664
If TWD was on HBO it would be a ton better
>>
>>82490390
First of all why would you let kids watch this?
>>
>>82490704
:(
>>
>>82489470

This.
>>
>>82490409
His whole thing is that he is perfectly aware of the vibe he puts off by being goofy, and that hes actually really calculated behind trying to look raving mad
>>
>>82469291
Big guy??
>>
File: Smug Negan.jpg (40 KB, 322x425) Image search: [Google]
Smug Negan.jpg
40 KB, 322x425
>>82490570
>I saw some people in the FTWD thread asking why there wasn't any characters in a wheel chair in the show.
That's because zombies go for meat, not vegetables
>>
Where can I pirate all the most recent issues? Missed the last two or three I think.
>>
File: tumblr_o5ai6ncWo41qerv4oo2_500.gif (2 MB, 461x259) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5ai6ncWo41qerv4oo2_500.gif
2 MB, 461x259
>>82491739
>>
>>82491764
Just search read the walking dead online free it's easy to find
>>
kirkman said that in all out war carl is 9
currently he's 13
thats 3 years.

maggie was pregnant during all out war.
she now has a NEW BORN

the baby she had with glenn is dead. who's the baby daddy?
>>
>>82493700
>9-13
>3 years
>>
I wonder how bad they all smell.
>>
>>82485386
Zombies everywhere, all humans dead. Issue is nothing but splash pages showing past locations with dead all over. Prison, Woodbury, Herschel's Farm, Alexandria, etc.
>>
i watched the show before reading the comics...
im still a huge fan of the show
i think bringing carl's teenage love drama which will take a couple of episodes then going to war because of it to the show will instantly lose lots of fans
>>
>>82493700
13-9 = 3

pretty clear the arc after all-out war is about 3 years later. just think about it.
>>
File: daffyd2.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
daffyd2.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>82494727
>13-9 = 3
>>
>>82491764
http://readcomiconline.me/Comic/The-Walking-Dead/Issue-1?id=1715
>>
>>82470603
>>82470619
>>82470634
Negan was a Gym Teacher. It all makes sense now.
>>
In a really non creepy way it explains negans interactions with children. Carl has a unique relationship with him and i think it came from Negan relating him to his old life and how he used to interact with kids every day
>>
>>82494201

I'm surprised nobody made a fuss about Alpha stinking of walker gunk when she slipped into the community's in disguise, then again I remember Kirkman stating she had perfume with her to disguise but I think that's a pretty bullshit reason.Whispers don't really seem like the type who would carry such things, especially Alpha.
>>
>>82489470
>>82489886
>>82491034
I agree it should probably be a secret.

Though I like to think that the virus was created as an airborne vaccine that's supposed to act like an inner-body defibrillator when someone dies or gets into a heart attack. But someho

I don't know anything about science, though, so your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>82499075
>But someho
But somehow it broke out and all went wrong.

Does anyone else hate it when captcha posts your comment immediately after verifying? I wish it would be removed, it doesn't do anything against spammers.

Also, I read somewhere that Negan was a car salesman. Gym teacher is funnier, though.
>>
That's odd.
I just realized the preview for the comic in the back of the issue I have is printed upside down, I don't know if that's a mistake or not but could someone else with a printed issue of #154 check for me? Much appreciated.
>>
>>82499123
>>82499075

I wonder if Kirkman will do what Romero did with his explanation, rather than being a critique of capitalism Kirkman could spin it they are a critique of the rise of the internet or something relating to that.
>>
>>82484326
Yes. I always thought his wife was named 'Lucile' and her death pushed him over the edge how ever she died
>>
negan is what would have happened if shane lived and had a sense of humor

also
i hope daryl does die, so it can kill off any reason for me to watch the show any further. hes the only character (besides crazy beard rick) i identify with. he doesnt want to lead or find romance. he just wants to survive and kill anyone that attacks where he lives. he's a simple guy. everyone else seems so complicated with drama that i cant see having in at the end of the world
>>
>>82500953

Darly dying would purge all the fangirls from the series which is pretty good, then again they'd stick around for JDM due to his Supernatural connection.

All in all, this is a very confusing dilemma.
>>
>>82501007

i love comic negan, tv negan seems lacking. the charm, humor and all the fun ways to say fuck. if daryl goes ratings might drop like you said, teen girls will tune out
>>
>>82501107

All depends on how Negan's bantering with Rick goes, one of the reasons I loved the issues after his introduction was how much Negan was screwing with Rick, mentally.

And thoughts on Beta's character, will he just be canon fodder for Negan to rise up in the ranks of The Whispers or will his character stick around for longer? I have to admit, I really like his design, it's pretty iconic and memorable, I get the feeling he's nothing but a way for Negan to enter into The Whisper society though if he becomes The Whisper's Dwight and decides to split off from the group and form an alliance with Rick and co to become the new Alpha then maybe I can deal with that, then again they already have The Whisper's Dwight in the form of Lydia.
>>
>>82501239
I was thinking negan was and will kill beta and sport that skin around the whisperers after alpha tells him he cant join them.
But when Aaron got stabbed I also thought that negan would be wearing his skin after he's killed.
Either way, I think beta will be killed in the coming issues- i do think he looks imposing and cool though
>>
>>82501466

Either way I'm going to love the next few issues if we get some more inside information on The Whispers society. If this is the hole Kirkman was mentioning a while back he was having trouble writing then it's going to be cool seeing how they function more as a group.
>>
>>82501539
I read somewhere online that Siddiq is rumored to be Rosita's baby daddy. do you know anything about that? why would that even be a implication??

and Eugene is giving away too much information over the radio to a stranger. thats going to come back on him
>>
>>82501640

>I read somewhere online that Siddiq is rumored to be Rosita's baby daddy. do you know anything about that? why would that even be a implication??
I really need to go back and re-read #127-#154 all the way through again to pick up on some stuff I missed. I always thought it could be Gregory considering they both died quite close together, with Gregory going in #140 and Rosita in #144.

I'm looking forward to where the radio plotline with Eugine and Stephanie will take us and you are right. It's more than likely going to come back and bite him in the ass, what I'd like is if everyone somehow has to rely on Negan saving them from Stephanie's group, that would be an interesting development. Something happens to Rick where he can't fight this one and has no other choice but to turn to Negan to handle things.

I wonder how Michonne is going to get out of her predicament. I see another Gov type torture scene coming up for her.
>>
>>82501712
excellent point! Gregory / Rosita both being killed close together does wrap that story up nicely

Negan is going to basically take over the book as far as saving the day, which I love. I cant get enough of the character! I do hope that the Stephanie character is a completely separate group not affiliated with Magna or the whisperers - but another threat to over whelm poor rick
>>
>>82501937

I love how Negan is slowly building himself to going back on top again. His arc this time is definitely incredibly interesting and he's really stealing the limelight from every other character. I think Stephanie's group are going to turn out pirates, or maybe something relating to water, maybe their leader being a mad max type or Waterworld warlord. We haven't seen Oceanside yet and introducing Stephanie's group through them would be a good move if they are out on the water.

I'm still not so sure on Gregory being the father, someone would've mentioned Rosita leaving the gates and going to the Hilltop to Eugene which hasn't happened yet but who knows. Also two other suspects I could've seen being Rosita's bastard child.

>Rick Grimes
Now this would've been an interesting twist. Not only does it show how more corrupt with power Rick is getting but it also shows him taking on more and more traits of the former Douglas Monroe, or was it Davidson I believe? Who liked to whore himself around the women of Alexandria. I can't really picture them together other than Rosita just likes being a slut around the most powerful people, with Rick being the most obvious choice.

>Negan
It was heavily implied he gets congeal visits with Olivia but the only reason I see Rosita sleeping with Negan here is because mostly out of fear. Fear in case he ever gets out and back on top again before AOW happened, offering up her body to him would make herself seem useful so she gets to live a pampered lifestyle like Dwight's wife did.
>>
I kind of think Rick is about to die. Mostly because with how much he's getting his shit kicked in lately, I figure someone is going to get lucky and put him down soon.
>>
>>82502396
Rick isnt the focus of the book anymore and his passing will be hard on long readers but the story has been focused on carl growing up and other supporting characters. That would be a bold move though
>>
>>82502149
>Waterworld warlord.
the Michone Telltale game kinda had that.
>>
>>82502396
>>82502563

Seeing Kirkman official pass the torch from Rick to Carl would be an interesting move, especially with how he does it, he's teased Andrea dying in #160 quite a few times. Who knows and maybe he actually kills Rick off in that issue. I have loved his transformation from naive pacifist to almost crafty bastard but I think Kirkman has done all he can with the character.
>>
>>82502644
I still need to finish chapter 3 of that. Good game. Being silent felt like a Michonne response a lot of the time.
>>
You guys sound exactly like the people in these letters >>82474255

I'm just saying.

Thanks for reading my post!
>>
>>82502732
I will say its a better game than most of Telltales stuff but I think a game following Michonne is pointless and a wasted character to make a game about.
>>
>>82502861
As opposed to the normal cast in telltale stuff? Michonne worked because you know she comes out of the whole thing not really any worse for wear, so there's no worrying about any bullshit bites or where their story is going.
>>
>>82503346
I was gonna say Negan.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.